Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Pagan9ja - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pagan9ja (9579 Views)

Where Is Pagan9ja / Occupy Nairaland: Free Pagan9ja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pagan9ja by deols(f): 11:57am On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

what do you mean again miss deols? All my comments are here I didn't edit anything , how am I twisting the truth? Are you denying what I said so far?
Are you going to say that generals who ain't on the war front are not warriors?

When Fellis challenged your post on women, you changed 'mouth' and started looking for reasons for your statement.

Fact is, since paganism has no central law or guiding principle, all that you may entice anyone with is eventually not there.

If my biggest fear is polygamy, pagan religion still doesnt help me out of it cos eventually, my faith is determined by my culture. No divine principles
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
deols:

When Fellis challenged your post on women, you changed 'mouth' and started looking for reasons for your statement.

Fact is, since paganism has no central law or guiding principle, all that you may entice anyone with is eventually not there.

If my biggest fear is polygamy, pagan religion still doesnt help me out of it cos eventually, my faith is determined by my culture. No divine principles

we have divine principles who told you the contrary? We have central laws and guiding principles ah ah aren't you Yoruba?
I don't get your all that you may entice anyone with is eventually not there. Care to elaborate.
It seems like you refuse to understand and accept that paganism is directly connected to your ethnicity

Ah ah so you dey fear polygamy eihn lwkd.

Okay ,maybe you should go back and read well, my statement was directed to you and you didn't ask for reasons, fellis went in and asked for my reasons and I answered,thats all ,I don't know how I changed my mouth, did I say something else before?
Re: Pagan9ja by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
deols:

Hind was safe in that battle only because the rules of engagement in Islam disallows the killing of women, children and slaves.

so what? did I talk of her being safe or in danger? I said she was a powerful woman.

and that is not islamic law. that is Bedouin tribal law adopted into islam.
it was in place because when the nomadic tribes moved around, during camel raids, the men might be killed or they might flee which leaves the women vulnerable at the hands of enemy raiders.
another reason is that during the dry season, men would have to go far and wide scouting for water which implied leaving women and children behind with livestock as it would be too cumbersome to take them along and fall prey to raiders.

1 Like

Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 11, 2013
pagan, I need more arguments to show her that Islam is idolatry and that paganism is not idolatry, wow she basically screamed in horror when I told her I was pagan ... grin grin, we are hated my brother
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
how to convince her that the kabba is a sign of idolatry?
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
you see our life , she just said she's afraid of me undecided
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Hi Fellis,
you got it wrong there. The role of men in households depends on your ethnic custom. This falls under the category of culture. Not all aspects of culture are of religious nature and vice versa. As in this case, these household roles are not dictated by Pagan religions. For example, in Pre-islamic Arabia, women held extremely high levels of s.exual and positional freedom, could have many husbands, could be leaders and hold high position jobs (as in the case of muhammad's wife Fatima who was a merchantwoman), could lead armies (as in the case of the Pagan Quraysh women-war leaders aganist the muslims. you must have heard of HInd Al-Hunnud who was a famous Pagan warrior against the muslims), could become priestesses (as in the case of the many women Soothsayers mentioned in the Hadeeth - prophet muhammads grandfather himself visited one; and during the Ridda wars), etc.

During the rise of islam, the chief oponents to it were the women of Arabia, because they knew they stood to lose their freedom.

APart from the Arabs, many other Pagan tribes around the world are matriarchal:

The Tuareg and most northern African tribes in the past, including the Hausa (we had a long line of Queens ruling us),

Thanks for the edu pagan9ja smiley
I understand ur points.

However the pagan culture in my town is patriarchal and regardless of whatever anyone says about the role of women in Islam, my own personal opinion is that no gender is superior or inferior to the other smiley
There might be individual differences though, ie some men will be better than other men and women and some women will be better then other men and women. But there is no generality to the thing. You can't say every single man is better then every single woman or that every single woman is better than every single man.
That's why I don't support patriarchy or evn matriarchy.
I think individuals should do whatever works best for them and their choices might not be in accordance with laid down cultural laws or rules.
So pagan9ja what is your religion's stand on the issue of genders? Are they equal or is one superior to the other?
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
deols:

@Fellis, please tell me Cameroon was only drooling jare. smiley
Drooling with regards to what? My saying I have considered leaving Islam before?
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
Fellis, I'm still waiting your answer? What do you mean by man superiority? I see you using that a lot, also have you been conviced by my explanation? I'm not a chauvinist
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Fellis, I'm still waiting your answer? What do you mean by man superiority? I see you using that a lot, also have you been conviced by my explanation? I'm not a chauvinist
Which post did I mention male superiority?
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:
If we are all equal inpaganism then why are men the only ones that are allowed to head the house? Or in your own version of paganism do women lead homes? Why can a man marry many wives but a woman cannot marry many husbands?
Abegi
There is male superiority in paganism don't even try to deny it
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
I meant a system where men dominate and are the only ones allowed to take the really important positions of authority.
Where the male child is regarded as more valuable than the female, where men are more respected etc
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
fellis: I meant a system where men dominate and are the only ones allowed to take the really important positions of authority.
Where the male child is regarded as more valuable than the female, where men are more respected etc

how do you evaluate that men are more respected? What's respect sef? Positions as in jobs?
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

how do you evaluate that men are more respected? What's respect sef? Positions as in jobs?

Are you serious with these questions?
Positions such as head of family or ruler of the the town, kingdom and so on is what I meant.
Good grief
Re: Pagan9ja by deols(f): 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:
Drooling with regards to what? My saying I have considered leaving Islam before?

It is not about the consideration. He said it as if you were leaving. Many people have doubts at one point or the other.
Re: Pagan9ja by deols(f): 7:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

so what? did I talk of her being safe or in danger? I said she was a powerful woman.

and that is not islamic law. that is Bedouin tribal law adopted into islam.
it was in place because when the nomadic tribes moved around, during camel raids, the men might be killed or they might flee which leaves the women vulnerable at the hands of enemy raiders.
another reason is that during the dry season, men would have to go far and wide scouting for water which implied leaving women and children behind with livestock as it would be too cumbersome to take them along and fall prey to raiders.

You said she was a warrior. If at all anything is found about how powerful she was, it has to be related with the battle of uhud.

she wasnt a warrior at the battle but sent a slave to kill hamza(r.a)
Re: Pagan9ja by pleep(m): 7:41pm On Jun 11, 2013
A question for fellis: why are you so insecure about this so called "male superiority" ?

If you want to be a doctor, a lawyer a senator go to school and do it, no one is stopping you. Why are you ppl so obsessed with being victimized?
Re: Pagan9ja by pleep(m): 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
The is a pagan culture called the "Mosuo" in china that is the most matriarchal on earth... There is no marriage, The women ask men for sex, and males live in their mothers house from birth do death.

Is that what you are looking for?

Matriarchies are by nature an unstable system, that is why few survived to the modern age.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:

Are you serious with these questions?
Positions such as head of family or ruler of the the town, kingdom and so on is what I meant.
Good grief

do I sound unserious?
Are you saying you never heard about female ruling? Female kings ?
What's your definition of respect, this is very important so please reply.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
deols:

It is not about the consideration. He said it as if you were leaving. Many people have doubts at one point or the other.
what's your wahala sef, move on ,na wa ooo
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
pleep: A question for fellis: why are you so insecure about this so called "male superiority" ?

If you want to be a doctor, a lawyer a senator go to school and do it, no one is stopping you. Why are you ppl so obsessed with being victimized?
Would you like to live a life where you and your kind are seen as inferior or not as mentally
capable as other people? Would you like that?
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
pleep: The is a pagan culture called the "Mosuo" in china that is the most matriarchal on earth... There is no marriage, The women ask men for sex, and males live in their mothers house from birth do death.

Is that what you are looking for?

Matriarchies are by nature an unstable system, that is why few survived to the modern age.
I never said I wanted a system of matriarchy, I dont know why you're bringing it up.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
deols:
This was the thread where we had the conversation he is referring to
https://www.nairaland.com/1254189/feminism-why-women-general-especially/27#16121043
You'd understand him better if you read it
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

[ do I sound unserious?
Are you saying you never heard about female ruling? Female kings ?
I have heard about it. However, those cases are few and almost inconsequential when you compare them to the instances of males ruling kingdoms.

What's your definition of respect, this is very important so please reply.
Admiration or regard for a person that is brought about by their having certain qualities or abilities or their possessing something
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:
I have heard about it. However, those cases are few and almost inconsequential when you compare them to the instances of males ruling kingdoms.

Admiration or regard for a person that is brought about by their having certain qualities or abilities or their possessing something

Another thing I would like to know is do you think this pseudo male superiority or domination is institutionalized? I mean how many women themselves vote for another woman during elections? Where do you think that superiority comes from? Nature? Culture? Religion? .

1 Like

Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2013
what's your view on quota system?
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
I realized that many people esp women, assume that men were kings just because they were males Which is false if that was the case we would never have female kings/ruling(sometimes little girls)
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
Cameroonpride, long time smiley
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
queen_of_sheba: Cameroonpride, long time smiley

[so you are still alive? shocked, where have you been? Hope you are doing well.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

[i][so you are still alive? shocked, where have you been? Hope you are doing well./i]
Lol yes i am just been extremely busy with studies and work. How are you?
Re: Pagan9ja by deols(f): 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
fellis:
This was the thread where we had the conversation he is referring to
https://www.nairaland.com/1254189/feminism-why-women-general-especially/27#16121043
You'd understand him better if you read it
ok
fellis:
Would you like to live a life where you and your kind are seen as inferior or not as mentally
capable as other people? Would you like that?

Our society is patriachal but feeling this way is as alien as a UFO to me. If you feel this way, your thoughts, questioning, etc are understandable.
Re: Pagan9ja by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
queen_of_sheba: Lol yes i am just been extremely busy with studies and work. How are you?
pretty good, I'm done with school for now, so I got more free time. What's your religion? And whats your view on paganism?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Callotti's NL. . .Public PM. NO E-MAILS!!! Please, Feel Free Here, / Obafemi Awolowo: Nigeria Is Not A Nation. It Is A Mere Geographical Expression.. / N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.