Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! - Nairaland / General (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! (71193 Views)

Have You Ever Been Duped By People With 'juju' Before? Share Your Experience... / 7 Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men / Gender Inequality: Was Feminism Just a Fad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
Yes they both are, and yes I have thought about it.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
fellis: Yes they both are, and yes I have thought about it.
why> and why you haven't left so far?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
^So sorry, I can't answer that.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
fellis: ^So sorry, I can't answer that.
both questions? and why can't you answer , tell me if im being too curious smiley
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: and why can't you answer,
Reasons best known to me
tell me if im being too curious smiley
No you're not smiley
Ask anything. I simply wont answer any question I dont want to answer smiley
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
fellis:
Reasons best known to me

No you're not smiley
Ask anything. I simply wont answer any question I dont want to answer smiley
im still confused about which question you don't want to answer?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
waddahell is going on here?

You guys get a room grin
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: im still confused about which question you don't want to answer?

Serious?
Ok, its this one
CAMEROONPRIDE: why> and why you haven't left so far?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
pleep: waddahell is going on here?
Cameroon is trying to convert me to paganism
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
fellis:

Serious?
Ok, its this one
i meant WHY did you want to leave? and why haven't you left so far?

@pleep sooner or later we will go through PM. wink
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i meant WHY did you want to leave? and why haven't you left so far?

I understood your question the first time and I said this in return;
fellis: ^So sorry, I can't answer that.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
But seriously though, why dont you present your points for why paganism is better than Islam instead of going through this long process of questioning?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 07, 2013
fellis: But seriously though, why dont you present your points for why paganism is better than Islam instead of going through this long process of questioning?
you want to adopt any form of paganism or Edo paganism? Anyway can i follow you and PM you> undecided undecided

Also learn to b patient , esp when i'm dealing with some of your people
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
Nah, I dont want to be a pagan but sure, a PM would be welcomed.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
fellis: Nah, I dont want to be a pagan but sure, a PM would be welcomed.
okay lemme deal with your uncouth people first , we have time to talk
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
Jean Luc Picard sums feminism up
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
good to see we are talking...
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 11:32am On Jun 14, 2013
Now men are to blame for a supposedly normal female phenomenon...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22886668

Men 'to blame for the menopause'

Hot flushes, night sweats, mood swings - menopause and its side effects can all be blamed on men, experts suggest.

Evolutionary geneticists from Canada's McMaster University say men's tendency to choose younger mates meant fertility became pointless for older women.

In PLOS Computational Biology, they say this eventually led to the menopause.

But a UK expert said that was the "wrong way round" and men chose younger women because older women were less fertile.

'Preferential mating'

Researchers have long been puzzled as to why it appears that human are the only species where females cannot reproduce throughout their lives.

Previous theories had proposed a "grandmother effect". This suggests that women lose their fertility at an age where they might not live to see a child grow, and instead are available to care for younger women's children.

The menopause was therefore seen as the block to older women from continuing to reproduce.

Continue reading the main story “Start QuoteI think it makes more sense to see the human male preference for younger females largely as an evolved response to the menopause”
End Quote Dr Maxwell Burton-Chellew University of Oxford
But this latest theory suggests things work the other way around, and that it is the lack of reproduction that has given rise to menopause.

Using computer modelling, the team from McMaster's concluded "preferential mating" was the evolutionary answer - men of all ages choosing younger women as partners.

That meant there was "no purpose" in older women continuing to be fertile.

Prof Rama Singh, an evolutionary geneticist who led the study, said men choosing younger mates were "stacking the odds" against continued fertility.

He told the BBC: "There is evidence in human history; there was always a preference for younger women."

Prof Singh stressed they were looking at human development many thousands of years ago - rather than current social patterns,

'Evolved response'

In the UK, the average age for women to go through the menopause is now 52 even though the average woman goes on to live for another 30 years.

Prof Singh said this extended longevity - plus later childbirth - could potentially alter the timing of the menopause, over a significant period of time.

"The social system is changing. There are women who are starting families later, because of education or a career."

He suggested this trend would mean those women would have a later menopause, and those genes would be passed on to their daughters "with the possibility of menopausal age being delayed".

However Dr Maxwell Burton-Chellew, an evolutionary biologist in the department of zoology at the University of Oxford, challenged the theory.

"The authors argue that the menopause exists in humans because males have a strong preference for younger females.

"However, this is probably the wrong way round - the human male preference for younger females is likely to be because older females are less fertile.

"I think it makes more sense to see the human male preference for younger females largely as an evolved response to the menopause, and to assume that ancestral males would have been wise to mate with any females that could produce offspring."

He added: "Evolutionarily-speaking, older females faced an interesting 'choice': have a child that may not reach adulthood before your own death, or stop reproducing and instead focus on helping your younger relatives reproduce."
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 14, 2013
biolabee: Now men are to blame for a supposedly normal female phenomenon...

Feminists are not responsible for that
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 11:59am On Jun 14, 2013
fellis:

Feminists are not responsible for that

ultimately men are being blamed....
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
biolabee:

ultimately men are being blamed....

And?
The point is what exactly?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 12:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
fellis:

And?
The point is what exactly?

i thought it was self-evident if you read the article
The say men leaving older for younger women caused evolutionin the older woman.//pam ! menopause arose

Hot flushes, night sweats, mood swings - menopause and its side effects can all be blamed on men, experts suggest.
Evolutionary geneticists from Canada's McMaster University say men's tendency to choose younger mates meant fertility became pointless for older women. In PLOS Computational Biology, they say this eventually led to the menopause.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 12:53pm On Jun 14, 2013
biolabee: Now men are to blame for a supposedly normal female phenomenon...

What a crock of sh1t!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2013
Steve Irwin even agrees with me! wink grin
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
biolabee:

i thought it was self-evident if you read the article
The say men leaving older for younger women caused evolutionin the older woman.//pam ! menopause arose

Yes, but your point has nothing to do with this thread. This thread was started by jobless kids for the purpose of bashing black feminists and posting r£tarded memes.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
fellis:

Yes, but your point has nothing to do with this thread. This thread was started by jobless kids for the purpose of bashing black feminists and posting r£tarded memes.
Feminists in general continue to bash themselves and fall on their swords. Why do I need to bash them?
The memes say everything I think of feminism without writing a long winded speech about the BS of feminism.
Why black women are the staunchest supporters of feminism I will never know........................... Wait I know why.
Because they have a sheeple/herd mentality that can't see the bigger picture!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
fellis:

haba,,,,,
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2013
A role getting extinct...

[size=16pt]1 in 3 children in the U.S. live without their father as number of two-parent households falls by 1.2m in ten years[/size]

By James Nye

Fathers are fast disappearing from American homes and one in three children, or approximately 15 million live without one according to the U.S. Census.

The problem is especially pronounced in black families, where the figure increases to over half or around five million children.

In fact as the census recorded the fact that 160,000 new families with children were added, the number of two-parent households decreased by 1.2 million and nearly five million live without a mother.
Three census figures show that the number of one-parent families have increased and the number of two-parent families have decreased
These astonishing figures can be unfavorably compared with 1960, when just 11 percent of all American children lived in homes without fathers.

Blame for the prevalence of low income families where children fall into crime and drugs has been laid at the door of these damning numbers.

More...Demi wants Moore money! 'Divorce delay as Ashton Kutcher's ex seeks bigger split settlement'
No longer taboo, but divorce still damages children: Suffering goes on into adulthood and even old age

'People look at a child in need, in poverty or failing in school, and ask, ‘What can we do to help?’ said Vincent DiCaro, vice president of the National Fatherhood Initiative.

'But what we do is ask, ‘Why does that child need help in the first place?’ And the answer is often it’s because the child lacks a responsible and involved father.'
The red dots show areas where one parent families exist in their highest numbers - note the high concentration in the South

Graphics from the Washington Times show the percentage of children living with two parents has declined markedly in every state
The spiral continues each year to the point where married couples with children have an average income of $80,000, which is compared to $24,000 for single mothers.

'We have one class that thinks marriage and fatherhood is important, and another which doesn’t, and it’s causing that gap, income inequality, to get wider,' said Mr. DiCaro to The Washington Times.
Men walking away from babies is a problem concentrated to the inner cities, with Baltimore having only 38 percent of families that have two parents and St. Louis has 40 percent of families that have two children.

The primary indicator for the problem is income - 12 percent of black families who live below the poverty line boast two parents, while among poor Latino families that figure is 41 percent and 32 percent among white families.

In all but 11 states, most black children do not live with both their parents while across every state, seven out of ten white children do.

'Something has to be done about it, and it starts with the culture and reversing the attitude that marriage is not important. The president has a role to play in that. He’s a married African-American father who can probably make a huge difference with words alone,' said Mr. DiCaro.
The U.S. Census has indicated that there are now one in three children across the U.S. who live with one parent families
The decline in two parent families has also disproportionately hit the South, which has long been a bastion for traditional family values.

Even in places where the percentage of the black population declined, single parenthood increased.

In South Carolina, where the black share of the population fell by 2 percent, single parenthood rose by 5 percent. In Kentucky and Louisiana, where the black population was constant, single parenthood increased 6 percentage points according to the Washington Times.

'In places you’d think values are at least talked about, they are not lived out necessarily. Education and income seem to trump them,' said Mr. DiCaro.

'The people who might not be preaching family values, like coastal upper-class communities, those are the people who are waiting to get married.'

The largest contiguous area of sustained fatherlessness is in the largely black poor across Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana running along the Mississippi River from Memphis, Tennessee.

'When you have very little going for you in your life, having children can give purpose to it. If you’re married, you’re going to be much more cautious. There’s health care costs and our jobs, whereas if we were both just kind of doing whatever, then why not just have another kid?' said Mr. DiCaro.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2253421/1-3-US-children-live-father-according-census-number-parent-households-decreases-1-2-million.html#ixzz2WCdocFDA

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 15, 2013
biolabee: Men walking away from babies is a problem concentrated to the inner cities, with Baltimore having only 38 percent of families that have two parents and St. Louis has 40 percent of families that have two children.

The primary indicator for the problem is income - 12 percent of black families who live below the poverty line boast two parents, while among poor Latino families that figure is 41 percent and 32 percent among white families.

In all but 11 states, most black children do not live with both their parents while across every state, seven out of ten white children do.

Nowhere is feminism mentioned as the reason for the single parenthood so I don't know why you made this post.biola, why do you insist on being like the other jobless kids busy posting senseless memes in this thread? You're better than this.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by 99cent: 12:39am On Jun 15, 2013
fellis:

Nowhere is feminism mentioned as the reason for the single parenthood so I don't know why you made this post.biola, why do you insist on being like the other jobless kids busy posting senseless memes in this thread? You're better than this.

don't mind him
single parenthood is caused mainly by unemployed and irresponsible fathers. If you look at the statistics in America, there are more black women working than black men. in ALL other races, the statistics is reversed. So why aren't black men working? why do they prefer to roam around the street and behave like thugs and criminals?
Many single mothers don't even know what feminism means. they're just poor women working hard to raise their family in absence of responsible men to care about ideas like this.

you are actually more likely to find feminists among the privileged class (middle class at least). I will say that a large portion of them are married!
A feminist will probably rather abort a baby and focus on her career than become a suffering "baby mama."at least as a feminist, that is what I would do if I'm not married (hopefully I will get married). and when I reach my late 30s and very financially comfortable, then I will think of kids and if I can't have kids, i'll adopt. very simple.

most black american women are FAR FAR from being feminists. in fact, many of them need to be empowered. they should start by having less kids and focusing on their career.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 15, 2013
99cent:

don't mind him
single parenthood is caused mainly by unemployed and irresponsible fathers. If you look at the statistics in America, there are more black women working than black men. in ALL other races, the statistics is reversed. So why aren't black men working? why do they prefer to roam around the street and behave like thugs and criminals?
Many single mothers don't even know what feminism means. they're just poor women working hard to raise their family in absence of responsible men to care about ideas like this.

you are actually more likely to find feminists among the privileged class (middle class at least). I will say that a large portion of them are married!

A feminist will probably rather abort a baby and focus on her career than become a suffering "baby mama"
at least as a feminist, that is what I would do if I'm not married (hopefully I will get married). and when I reach my late 30s and very financially comfortable, then I will think of kids and if I can't have kids, i'll adopt. very simple.

most black american women are FAR FAR from being feminists. in fact, many of them need to be empowered.

Help me tell them o! These people look for how to blame feminism for everything, they hate gender equality so much and can only be happy when they hear women saying that men are better than them.

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by 99cent: 1:04am On Jun 15, 2013
Chimamanda Adichie is 35 yrs old. She first built her career. then she got married in her 30s and is yet to have a child. That is the stereotypical feminist. I'm sure when she has kids, those kids will grow up having a good life. not that all feminists have to follow this pattern. but most will wait till the find a supportive husband. not one who is obsessed with being "head of household" and will force a wife to quit her career.
not all feminists have to be career women either. some prefer to be homemakers. as long as they recognize their rights and not let men walk over them.

I don't understand how these fools are looking at teenage moms, ghetto hoodrats (antithesis of feminism!) and calling them feminists. wth

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (45) (Reply)

Akobi Crescent, Surulere After Rain Today (Photo) / If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) / See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.