Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss (12880 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / For Frosbel, Ijawkid And Other Non Trinitarians / Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by shdemidemi(m): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2013
benalvino:

and now we are made in adams image not God's image...

Adam was made in the image of God, we are off springs of Adam, so we carry same features as Adam.

Remember, Adam lost the likeness/character of God after the transgression, this gave birth to sin and death. Sin and death has been imputed into every descendant of Adam.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by benalvino(m): 11:21am On Jul 11, 2013
ijawkid:

I still don't know where you got this crappy gospel from....

1 corinthians 11:7

New International Version
(©2011)
A man ought not to cover his head,
since he is the image and glory of
God
; but woman is the glory of
man.

International Standard Version
(©2012)
A man should not cover his head,
because he exists as God's image
and glory
. But the woman is man's
glory.

Is adam God??....

Smh!!!.....

Sometimes I don't know where you are heading to......

I have already explained this to you... go and read it again...
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by benalvino(m): 11:25am On Jul 11, 2013
shdemidemi:

Adam was made in the image of God, we are off springs of Adam.

of course... see what the bible says...
And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man.
this is why we are born in sin... and this is why Jesus came so we cant be born again in Christ image...

When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth.

ijawkid doesn't understand that we have a deformed image. of God... thanks to Adam. image is not how we look anyway...

question is why do we have to be in the image of Christ? because he is the image of his father.... when we get in the image of Christ then our deformed image of God will be restored...
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by ijawkid(m): 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
benalvino:

I have already explained this to you... go and read it again...

Should paul have penned down the verse like this??.....

(©2011)
since he is the deformed image and glory of
God; but woman is the glory of
man.

gringrin......

I have told you a million times.......we are image(s) of God deformed or perfect......

please find an eraser and clean pauls write up...

Thank you.......
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by ijawkid(m): 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
Or benalvino let's see how your unfounded assertion would work in this translation.....

International Standard Version
(©2012)
A man should not cover his head,
because he exists as God's deformed image
and glory. But the woman is man's
glory.

gringrin.....
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by ijawkid(m): 5:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
shdemidemi abeg helep your bros....gringrin.....
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by benalvino(m): 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2013
ijawkid: shdemidemi abeg helep your bros....gringrin.....

This thread is not for this... I urge you to open a new thread or go to my thread... I will use the watchtower literature grin

you know when i use it... contradictions of what you believe and what you believe comes out
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by ijawkid(m): 5:31pm On Jul 11, 2013
benalvino:
This thread is not for this... I urge you to open a new thread or go to my thread... I will use the watchtower literature grin

you know when i use it... contradictions of what you believe and what you believe comes out

You don't have to use the watchtower literature....its not your basis for doctrine...

if you are so much obsessed with the watchtower then kukuma become JW's......grin......

All I see is pride.....one who knows nothing but does not want to learn.......
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by shdemidemi(m): 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Should paul have penned down the verse like this??.....

(©2011)
since he is the deformed image and glory of
God; but woman is the glory of
man.

gringrin......

I have told you a million times.......we are image(s) of God deformed or perfect......

please find an eraser and clean pauls write up...

Thank you.......

Bro, man was made in the image of God, we are not the physical image of God cos God is invisible. I can't see anything contrary to that in the verse you have quoted.

I don't understand what the argument is.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by ijawkid(m): 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro, man was made in the image of God, we are not the physical image of God cos God is invisible. I can't see anything contrary to that in the verse you have quoted.

But are we not image(s) of God??......
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by shdemidemi(m): 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
ijawkid:

But are we not image(s) of God??......

Let us make [b]man[/b]in our image...God made man in His image and likeness, therefore God himself is not a man. The scripture says Christ is the visible image of God.

7 But a man should not cover his head, because he is made like God and is God’s glory
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by ijawkid(m): 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
shdemidemi:

Let us make man[/b]in our image...God made man in His image and likeness, therefore God himself is not a man.

I know God is not a man and has never been a man........

The basic fundamental truth is man is the [b]image of God
......simple and short.....

We display Gods qualities......we reflect his attributes.....

You know hear say we be him glory as well??......
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by shdemidemi(m): 5:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
ijawkid:

I know God is not a man and has never been a man........

The basic fundamental truth is man is the image of God......simple and short.....

We display Gods qualities......we reflect his attributes.....

You know hear say we be him glory as well??......

Remember Paul is speaking to believers not unbeliever- When you become a believer you become like Adam before the fall.

I believe this is a better interpretation of what Paul is saying

7 But a man should not cover his head, because he is made like God and is God’s glory
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by ijawkid(m): 5:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
shdemidemi:

Remember Paul is speaking to a believer and not an unbeliever- When you become a believer you become like Adam before the fall.

I believe this is a better interpretation of what Paul is saying

How does being made like GOD differ from being Gods image...??......

I tire for ona o......
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by shdemidemi(m): 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2013
ijawkid:

How does being made like GOD differ from being Gods image...??......

I tire for ona o......

He was first called a man before he was made to be in the image and likeness of God. The real image of God that we carry is invisible. do you get it?
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by benalvino(m): 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
ijawkid you don't really understand how this is explained...

from Genesis you can see the likeness and image of God Adam have before he lost it... God cursed him and from here the deformation came... we are born in Adams image and likeness... therefore the curse is in us... to revise the curse we have to be in the image of Christ

Question for you... we are in God's image so why do we have to be in Christ image? isn't God's image suppose to be better than Christ image? why do we have to move from God's image to Christ image before God will accept us? i bet you cant answer this... except you agree that we are born in Adams image and likeness. let me go on with explaination

Genesis 5:3... "When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth."
Man [/b]is totally unique among all God's creature. [b]We are the only beings created in the image and likeness of God through Adam. But when Adam fall into sin, God cursed Adam, Genesis 3:19-20, "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return. Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all living." Since Adam sinned, all born thereafter inherited a sinful nature from their parents; Psalm 51:3, "For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me; Psalm 58:3, "Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward and speak lies."

Man in the image and after the likeness of Adam:

In the Heritage Illustrated Dictionary of the English Language:

"Image"
means a reproduction of the appearance of someone or something, especially, a sculptured likeness.

"Likeness" denotes the state or quality of resembling or being like something.

"In the creation story the two words are practically synonymous these are always likeness and image...."

1 Corinthians 11:7, "A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man."

A free translation of Genesis 1:26, "Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

firstly The image of God does not denote physical likeness for God is a spirit and a spirit does not have parts and passions as a man does.

secondly, The two expressions mean more than man having dominion over nature.

finally, From Scripture we learn that it means knowledge, righteousness and holiness. It refers to moral likeness not physical likeness.

Ephesians 4:23-24, "to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."

Colossians 3:10, "and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator."
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by ijawkid(m): 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
shdemidemi:

He was first called a man before he was made to be in the image and likeness of God. The real image of God that we carry is invisible. do you get it?

Demi oooo.......

You are moving here and there......

Answer YES or NO...

Are we Gods image or not??.......
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by benalvino(m): 6:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
shdemidemi:

he will never get it... nothing we say he will get...
and i can show you the reason why he will never get it from their watchtower magazine...
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by benalvino(m): 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Demi oooo.......

Answer YES or NO...

Are we in adams image yes or not?
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by ijawkid(m): 6:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
benalvino: ijawkid you don't really understand how this is explained...

from Genesis you can see the likeness and image of God Adam have before he lost it... God cursed him and from here the deformation came... we are born in Adams image and likeness... therefore the curse is in us... to revise the curse we have to be in the image of Christ

Question for you... we are in God's image so why do we have to be in Christ image? isn't God's image suppose to be better than Christ image? why do we have to move from God's image to Christ image before God will accept us? i bet you cant answer this... except you agree that we are born in Adams image and likeness. let me go on with explaination

Genesis 5:3... "When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth."
Man [/b]is totally unique among all God's creature. [b]We are the only beings created in the image and likeness of God through Adam. But when Adam fall into sin, God cursed Adam, Genesis 3:19-20, "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return. Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all living." Since Adam sinned, all born thereafter inherited a sinful nature from their parents; Psalm 51:3, "For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me; Psalm 58:3, "Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward and speak lies."

Man in the image and after the likeness of Adam:

In the Heritage Illustrated Dictionary of the English Language:

"Image"
means a reproduction of the appearance of someone or something, especially, a sculptured likeness.

"Likeness" denotes the state or quality of resembling or being like something.

"In the creation story the two words are practically synonymous."

1 Corinthians 11:7, "A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man."

A free translation of Genesis 1:26, "Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

firstly The image of God does not denote physical likeness for God is a spirit and a spirit does not have parts and passions as a man does.

secondly, The two expressions mean more than man having dominion over nature.

finally, From Scripture we learn that it means knowledge, righteousness and holiness. It refers to moral likeness not physical likeness.

Ephesians 4:23-24, "to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."

Colossians 3:10, "and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator."

Oboy you are running in circles........

Was paul mad to re-iterate that we are Gods image??......

Your problem is you only define one being in Gods image to mean one thing...this has been your problem here on nairaland....

You are so myopic that you seem not to learn.......

When paul said man should not cover his head because he is Gods image,was he talking to adam??.......

You defined likeness and image well....

From the definitions are we not image(s) of God just as paul confirmed??....

Na goat create you??....

angry........

Even new born baby know this basic truth but you you dey run around dey quote scripture here and there all to prove nothing.....

I had earlier told you exactly in what way we would bear the image of Jesus but you been use ear muff cover your ear.............
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by ijawkid(m): 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
benalvino:

Are we in adams image yes or not?
Yes we are in adams image as well as Gods.....No??
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by ijawkid(m): 6:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
benalvino:

he will never get it... nothing we say he will get...
and i can show you the reason why he will never get it from their watchtower magazine...

You are just a crying baby.......

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by benalvino(m): 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Oboy you are running in circles........

Was paul mad to re-iterate that we are Gods image??......

Your problem is you only define one being in Gods image to mean one thing...this has been your problem here on nairaland....

You are so myopic that you seem not to learn.......

When paul said man should not cover his head because he is Gods image,was he talking to adam??.......

You defined likeness and image well....

From the definitions are we not image(s) of God just as paul confirmed??....

Na goat create you??....

angry........

Even new born baby know this basic truth but you you dey run around dey quote scripture here and there all to prove nothing.....

I had earlier told you exactly in what way we would bear the image of Jesus but you been use ear muff cover your ear.............

instead of you to answer then question you they talk plenty... Answer the question. and answer if we are in adams image or not also?
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by benalvino(m): 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
ijawkid:

You are just a crying baby.......

hahahahaha i liked the quote lmao. Crying baby. you go kill me for laugh
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by shdemidemi(m): 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Demi oooo.......

Answer YES or NO...

We have an invisible image of God in us, the only visible image of God is Christ according to the books. Man lost the likeness/ character of God after the fall but kept the image, we regain the likeness of God by believing the gospel of Christ.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by ijawkid(m): 6:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
benalvino:

instead of you to answer then question you they talk plenty... Answer the question. and answer if we are in adams image or not also?

And I answered boldly....we are in adams image as well as Gods

Chikena......

Na you remain to answer my question in line with pauls affirmative statement....
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by ijawkid(m): 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
benalvino:

hahahahaha i liked the quote lmao. Crying baby. you go kill me for laugh

gringrin......na watchtower write 1 corinthians 11:7??...

Yes or No....
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by benalvino(m): 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
ijawkid:

gringrin......na watchtower write 1 corinthians 11:7??...

Yes or No....

lol no... but if they dont tell you, you never take it.
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by ijawkid(m): 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
shdemidemi:

We have an invisible image of God in us, the only visible image of God is Christ according to the books. Man lost the likeness/ character of God after the fall but kept the image, we regain the likeness of God by believing the gospel of Christ.

And from the bolded you affirm that we are Gods image......

I don't have a problem with you.......

Na this stubborn belligerent benalvino be my problem.....
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by benalvino(m): 6:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
ijawkid:

And I answered boldly....we are in adams image as well as Gods

Chikena......

Na you remain to answer my question in line with pauls affirmative statement....

thats what we are trying to tell you... to take Gods image in to accept christ... since na wetin we they tell you... If you are immoral you are not in God's image... adam's image and likeness is Curse with death and Christ image and likeness is eternal life. thats the thing... I told you before that both of us are right... But by heritage we are in adams image by default thats why we are all born sinners...
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by ijawkid(m): 6:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
benalvino:

lol no... but if they dont tell you, you never take it.

Wrong!!!!.....

You are very wrong.......

Argue scriptures maturely and stop this adhominems.....

If Watchtower didn't write 1 corinthians 11:7 why are you even dragging them to this discussion??.....

This is why I say you are behaving like a baby....
Re: Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss by benalvino(m): 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2013
you know say when i ask you question you cant answer it without contradicting your self grin
so finally you agree that we are in adams image too...

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? / Download Brokenness By Dr. D.K Olukoya - Book (pdf) / What Happens If You Commit Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.