Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum (13124 Views)

Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? / Is It Crazy To Have The Urge To Want To Be A Single Mum? / Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by lolaluv1(f): 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
IMHO, it's a million times better than all the abortions you people do up and down.

Let him that is seksually pure and untouched cast the first stone. Hypocritical pretenders.

When it's time for premarital séx, you are quick to forget that our culture is against it. You indulge in it but are quick to judge others who are better than you because they chose not to abort.

4 Likes

Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 14, 2013
9jamum: @Phineas, @Nikkykay, @nep2ra @anitank ( your story melts my heart) @josite @SniperInADiaper amongs others
I want to appreciate you for ur comments.

Thank u

Next on singlenaijamum.com is what the law says about all of this. Keep a date with this page
www.singlenaijamum.com
Thanks dear.
We will all get there.
lola.luv:
IMHO, it's a million times better than all the abortions you people do up and down.

Let him that is seksually pure and untouched cast the first stone. Hypocritical pretenders.

When it's time for premarital séx, you are quick to forget that our culture is against it. You indulge in it but are quick to judge others who are better than you because they chose not to abort.
Thank you 4 ds post.
People are quick to judge single mums esp when its out of wedlock but see not bad in abortion.
I will never encourage abortion even i f u r a 15yrs old girl cos i once did it and i cried d whole time.
It got to a stage i culdnt get pregnant for yearsssssss despite d fact dat i was having s3x and i was so scared thinking d abortion had damaged my womb.
I became so worried dat i was running from one doctor to another.
When i got ds one, i tot d relationship wuld work but like 6mths into it, i began to brace myself up dat i shld be ready to be ready to have and raise her all alone.
If God has not condemned me, who is man to condemn me and i will be moved? undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by lolaluv1(f): 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
nikkykay:
Thanks dear.
We will all get there.

Thank you 4 ds post.
People are quick to judge single mums esp when its out of wedlock but see not bad in abortion.
I will never encourage abortion even i f u r a 15yrs old girl cos i once did it and i cried d whole time.
It got to a stage i culdnt get pregnant for yearsssssss despite d fact dat i was having s3x and i was so scared thinking d abortion had damaged my womb.
I became so worried dat i was running from one doctor to another.
When i got ds one, i tot d relationship wuld work but like 6mths into it, i began to brace myself up dat i shld be ready to be ready to have and raise her all alone.
If God has not condemned me, who is man to condemn me and i will be moved? undecided undecided

It takes a lot of guts to have a baby, rather than taking the easy way out and aborting.
It is a good thing you're doing. May God bless you with a man that wouldn't be fazed by the fact that you have a child and would love her like his own. Amen.
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
lola.luv:

It takes a lot of guts to have a baby, rather than taking the easy way out and aborting.
It is a good thing you're doing. May God bless you with a man that wouldn't be fazed by the fact that you have a child and would love her like his own. Amen.

I think abortion takes guts too.
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2013
lola.luv:

Amen my sister!
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

I think abortion takes guts too.
It takes guts but wit loads of guilts wit it
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 14, 2013
nikkykay:
It takes guts but wit loads of guilts wit it

Exactly. .. ive never experienced it. Can't imagine the guilt that would come with it. For me that would be harder than being a single mum
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Exactly. .. ive never experienced it. Can't imagine the guilt that would come with it. For me that would be harder than being a single mum
My dear I have experienced both!
I dnt regret having a child even tho its 4d wrong person
I just said my prayer like 5mins ago & asked God again 4d guilt of blood shedeven tho I believe He has forgiven me & prayed dat my girl shld continue 2b my source of joy
You can now imagine y I said wit guilts
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by cantell(m): 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
Chei! See the way these silly ladies are parting themselves at the back cos they had a child out of wedlock.
Any woman who gets pregnant for a man who she's not married to, is a complete congo!
Some even had an abortion and yet it didn't teach them a lesson.
They still got pregnant again and held their head high like say na achievement!
Whats the purpose of pills, condoms and other means of preventing unwanted pregnancy? No be to avoid belle?
Abortion is even the last resort.
Some of these silly women deliberately take in for a guy in the hope of keeping a brother down, but God knows it doesn't always work.
When a guy rejects their baby, they come to Nl and talk about how good it feels to be a single mother.
Always remember to narrate the both sides of the story.
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by teemilo: 12:46am On Jun 15, 2013
cantell: Chei! See the way these silly ladies are parting themselves at the back cos they had a child out of wedlock.
Any woman who gets pregnant for a man who she's not married to, is a complete congo!
Whats the purpose of pills, condoms and other means of preventing unwanted pregnancy? No be to avoid belle?
Some of these silly women deliberately take in for a guy in the hope of keeping a brother down, but God knows it doesn't always work.
When a guy rejects their baby, they come to Nl and talk about how good it feels to be a single mother.

Complete congo! ! Really!
Contrary to what happens in your village, a lot of women are still very fertile! Therefore all it takes is a broken condom to get pregnant even after taking postinor within 24hrs.
I should know because that's exactly what happened to me.

I am so irritated by all these simpletons that go around saying people deliberately get pregnant because they can't understand not planning&praying&fasting before they can conceive... Some of us are just super blessed with fertility and its a lot to be grateful for.

Regardless, I just wish many more pple will realize that instead of focusing on the pregnancy story, its better we choose to focus on the parenting story, no matter under what circumstances d situation arose, every1 raising a child by his or herself deserves commendation&encouragement.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by cantell(m): 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2013
teemilo:

Complete congo! ! Really!
Contrary to what happens in your village, a lot of women are still very fertile! Therefore all it takes is a broken condom to get pregnant even after taking postinor within 24hrs.
I should know because that's exactly what happened to me.

Fertile indeed! A round of applause! Better still, get yourself a trophy!
Postionor works within 120hrs and not 24hrs.
Even if it doesn't work, there are still drugs that can still stop you from getting pregnant.
It's not my fault you're so naive and ignorant. You should have known the consequences before jumping into bed with someone.
I can only commend single motherhood if the woman is a widow or divorced(with good reason).
Any child raised out of wedlock can never have a complete childhood.
Regardless of how good, hardworking and intelligent the mother might be, that child will always be a Bastaard in the eyes of people. That is something i wouldn't wanna live with.
So, don't brag about being a single mother, it's not an achievement and it never will.
If you truly want to be a good mother to your child, when she grows up, advice her not to make the same mistake that you did.
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by vivianc(f): 8:58pm On Jun 15, 2013
cantell:
Even if it doesn't work, there are still drugs that can still stop you from getting pregnant.
It's not my fault you're so naive and ignorant. You should have known the consequences before jumping into bed with someone.
I can only commend single motherhood if the woman is a widow or divorced(with good reason).
Regardless of how good, hardworking and intelligent the mother might be, that child will always be a Bastaard in the eyes of people. That is something i wouldn't wanna live with.
So, don't brag about being a single mother, it's not an achievement and it never will.
If you truly want to be a good mother to your child, when she grows up, advice her not to make the same mistake that you did.

This is a very shallow way of reasoning.
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by teemilo: 9:11pm On Jun 15, 2013
cantell:

Olodo rapata, you are attempting to lecture me about something you know nothing about! There's nothing u won't see in NL.
Postinor should be taken within 72 hours of having unprotected sex but it has abt 90%(its highest rate of) effectiveness if taken in the first 24 hours.

What have u just written that here? If postinor2 doesn't work there are other ways to prevent pregnancy? Ignoramus of the year!!
How will u know postinor didn't work except ure already pregnant?!

Thank you for your comment and for displaying that there are worse things than being raised in a single parent household eg having an ignorant buffoon as a parent, pls continue making me feel superior... LMAO!

1 Like

Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by cantell(m): 9:15pm On Jun 15, 2013
vivianc:

This is a very shallow way of reasoning.
Point taken, sweerie. When next you wanna quote me, better write something or ignore my posts.
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by geoger: 2:56pm On Jun 16, 2013
No woman would love to raise her child or children without the help of the other person.but what if something happened along the way. here is my story, plz I need ur suggestions becos I don't know what I am becoming.my husband and I got married traditionally. we traveled abroad together, we lived as husband and wife for 8months, he bought a ring for me and for himself. our pastor then bless us as husband and wife, so we still live together for another 2Months before I became pregnant. all this while I never knew my husband has a problem of abuse. I was six months pregnant when we had our first quarrel. I gave birth to a baby boy. my baby was 2Months, when he beat me for no good reason he abused me verbally. due to the place we r staying I don't speak the language and their is nobody to run to I stayed with him and the abuse continued, when I call my parents they will only talk what he tell them is what I don't know sometimes they will even blame me. so that make me to stay for years been abuse by the man I love. after five-years we came back to Nigeria. we stay together for months and he left me and the children and went back although he sent money for our feeding. he came back after one year to rent a house for me and the kids. he stayed two months wit us. he will be aside the whole day coming back home sometimes 11pm. his phone never rest, women call him when ever.he still beat me up becos I answer his phone a lady was calling him around 10.45pm, and he is sleeping, she called 3times the fourth one I answered it.so the following day he without and came in and started beating me again this time in public.becos we live wit other people in our compound, some married. now he has traveled again for months now living me and the kids again. together with the shame of embracing me in the public, he even broke my phone. the told my little brother that he is go to marry another woman. my problem now is the way one woman use to talk to me. we r not quarreling but she will be talking to me indirect calling me a single mother. asking my son where is the father it really gets me angry. so plz for those of u out there who understand what am going through, plz do make ur contributions.I even saw a condom in his box.
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2013
supaeagles:
very true. Also note, some women cannot bear children for various medical reasons, choice etc, they are also equally real women (imho)
its not only when u biologically bear a child that u qualify to be called a mother.
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 16, 2013
idprincess: its not until u biologically bear a child that u qualify to be called mother

Really SMH
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2013
Modified
SniperInADiaper:

Really SMH
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
idprincess: Modified

Better grin
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 17, 2013
geoger: No woman would love to raise her child or children without the help of the other person.but what if something happened along the way. here is my story, plz I need ur suggestions becos I don't know what I am becoming.my husband and I got married traditionally. we traveled abroad together, we lived as husband and wife for 8months, he bought a ring for me and for himself. our pastor then bless us as husband and wife, so we still live together for another 2Months before I became pregnant. all this while I never knew my husband has a problem of abuse. I was six months pregnant when we had our first quarrel. I gave birth to a baby boy. my baby was 2Months, when he beat me for no good reason he abused me verbally. due to the place we r staying I don't speak the language and their is nobody to run to I stayed with him and the abuse continued, when I call my parents they will only talk what he tell them is what I don't know sometimes they will even blame me. so that make me to stay for years been abuse by the man I love. after five-years we came back to Nigeria. we stay together for months and he left me and the children and went back although he sent money for our feeding. he came back after one year to rent a house for me and the kids. he stayed two months wit us. he will be aside the whole day coming back home sometimes 11pm. his phone never rest, women call him when ever.he still beat me up becos I answer his phone a lady was calling him around 10.45pm, and he is sleeping, she called 3times the fourth one I answered it.so the following day he without and came in and started beating me again this time in public.becos we live wit other people in our compound, some married. now he has traveled again for months now living me and the kids again. together with the shame of embracing me in the public, he even broke my phone. the told my little brother that he is go to marry another woman. my problem now is the way one woman use to talk to me. we r not quarreling but she will be talking to me indirect calling me a single mother. asking my son where is the father it really gets me angry. so plz for those of u out there who understand what am going through, plz do make ur contributions.I even saw a condom in his box.

OP, I would recommend that you open a new thread for this topic for a better visibility.
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 17, 2013
cantell: Chei! See the way these silly ladies are parting themselves at the back cos they had a child out of wedlock.
What is all these ur rants all about?
Have u ever impregnated a girl all ur life?
All u do is ask them to take pills all the time or u ask them to abort? So when u r feed up with them u dump them not caring wot happen to dir future?
So if a lady eventually gets pregnant for u despite taking d pills, u will ask her to abort?
I am here to share story, it is not for pple like you to throw stones cos i know u r wicked.
I know one of ur family members is a single mother! Do u call her kids bastards?
Like i said, i dont worry myself about wot pple like u say!
Having that precious jewel is a great achievement for me if u care to know.
I am very proud to be a mother.
I know pple who have carried out abortions in d past, got married and are still looking for the fruits of the womb today.
Regretting that if they knew, dey wuldnt carry out abortions.
I thank God for giving me d courage not do destroy ds little angel when i discovered that she was alrdy in there cos today she has been everything to me.
She brings me joy dat for now no man can bring. She has been my source of inspiration telling me everyday, mama u have to be strong, u dont have to stop here you can be greater dan this, mama pursue this pursue dat! Mama u dont have to go thru this road cos it may destroy you later
Noone has given me ds encouragements all my life.
Am proud to be a mother! if u like u can put single b4 or after
So am happy to have someone like this little angel beside me

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
nikkykay:

I know one of ur family members is a single mother! Do u call her kids bastards?

The dictionary defines the word bastard as follow:
Born of parents not married to each other; illegitimate.

So, why all this fussing and fighting whenever someone use the word bastard in reference to children born out of wedlock.

TheCongo
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by teemilo: 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
TheCongo:

So, why all this fussing and fighting whenever someone use the word bastard in reference to children born out of wedlock.
TheCongo

Mister man, the dictionary defines 'bastard' as a derogatory word used to refer to children born out of wedlock. It is not merely a descriptive word but an insulting word. A similar word is the word nigger, it means black man but its a derogatory word which connotes slavery and inequality.

Everyone knows bastard is an insult, its ridiculous to see that adults feel no shame or remorse insulting innocent children and can even attempt to justify it.
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by jidewin(m): 9:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
lola.luv:

And must all 'quickies' or 'lovers weekend' end up with pregnancies??

The issue here is not about the promiscous act but the status of women raising child(ren) without their father for reasons outside the demise of the man.

If the boy/man wouldn't want to be responsible,then why have a child for him and face the societal criticism?
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by somegirl1: 1:42am On Jun 18, 2013
jidewin:

The issue here is not about the promiscous act but the status of women raising child(ren) without their father for reasons outside the demise of the man.

If the boy/man wouldn't want to be responsible,then why have a child for him and face the societal criticism?

Better to commit murder than face "societal criticism"?
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 18, 2013
You see why I find some men puke worthy.

You come here ranting and raving about pills, abortion and condoms, calling children born out of wedlock ba$tards. I declare you to be very very stewpid! Infact, your glorying in idiocy knows no bounds.

Mr. Total Idiot, before you go about wearing your cloak of self righteousness, read our lips: WE DIDN'T PLAN TO BE SINGLE MOTHERS!!

Its mawderfawkers like you who cause women to swallow every pill and send them to the TTC thread on NL when you're done. What's so shitty hard to understand in the fact that we chose life over death? We chose labor pains over the pinching pangs of a curette? If you don't like it, go and hang on a tree. I can't be bothered by shallow minded low lifers who just open their mouths and judge everyone.

Nikky didn't give it to you hot. I had to.

Yenyenyenyenyenyenyen.

Nonsense
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 18, 2013
mollytinrox: You see why I find some men puke worthy.

You come here ranting and raving about pills, abortion and condoms, calling children born out of wedlock ba$tards. I declare you to be very very stewpid! Infact, your glorying in idiocy knows no bounds.

Mr. Total Idiot, before you go about wearing your cloak of self righteousness, read our lips: WE DIDN'T PLAN TO BE SINGLE MOTHERS!!

Its mawderfawkers like you who cause women to swallow every pill and send them to the TTC thread on NL when you're done. What's so shitty hard to understand in the fact that we chose life over death? We chose labor pains over the pinching pangs of a curette? If you don't like it, go and hang on a tree. I can't be bothered by shallow minded low lifers who just open their mouths and judge everyone.

Nikky didn't give it to you hot. I had to.

Yenyenyenyenyenyenyen.

Nonsense
Not that i didnt know wot to tell him but i decided to keep quiet.
i like ur response honestly.
I only pity d ladies that endanger their lives unnecessarily becos of these useless guys.
You take pills or do abortions all becos that u dont want societal criticism or d boy is not ready even at the lady's detriments. The useless3 guy will leave you and u carriage d burden or guilt for the rest of ur life.
In my own case even if he had told me to abort it, i would never have done dat!

TheCongo:

TheCongo
Mr congo,
In my own dico, dat word doesnt exist.
Get that into ur fat skull.
Your child may still b a basta3d for the fact dat he or she is born into a legal marriage if u dont know dat cos having children in marriage doesnt mean dey will be responsible in life.
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by teemilo: 8:54am On Jun 18, 2013
jidewin:

This comment is the most outlandish thing I have ever read.
"Why have a child for him and face the societal criticism"

Quick answer because I am brave, courageous&full of love. Society be damned! I didn't ask to get pregnant but God forbid that I will kill my baby because his birth offends the sensibilities of some hypocrites.

My son was unplanned but not(even for a split second) unwanted

By the way,no one had a child for 'him' he might be the biological father but that does not make him God!!A child is a blessing&a responsibility from God&i had a duty to bring him to the world, his father will answer for his own actions.
It so crazy how some men think sha...

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 18, 2013
teemilo:

This comment is the most outlandish thing I have ever read.
"Why have a child for him and face the societal criticism"

Quick answer because I am brave, courageous&full of love. Society be damned! I didn't ask to get pregnant but God forbid that I will kill my baby because his birth offends the sensibilities of some hypocrites.

My son was unplanned but not(even for a split second) unwanted

By the way,no one had a child for 'him' he might be the biological father but that does not make him God!!A child is a blessing&a responsibility from God&i had a duty to bring him to the world, his father will answer for his own actions.
It so crazy how some men think sha...
Dnt mind ds ignorants
Society my foot angry
Society is not responsible for my baby so why shld i care about society.

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
teemilo:

Mister man, the dictionary defines 'bastard' as a derogatory word used to refer to children born out of wedlock. It is not merely a descriptive word but an insulting word. A similar word is the word nigger, it means black man but its a derogatory word which connotes slavery and inequality.

Everyone knows bastard is an insult, its ridiculous to see that adults feel no shame or remorse insulting innocent children and can even attempt to justify it.

The dictionary definition of bastard isn't derogatory. The dictionary describes the word bastard as someone born out of wedlock. Unless, you are of the belief that been referred as “born out of wedlock” is an insult.

Back in the day, having a child out of wedlock was a very offensive thing to society. So, when someone called someone else a bastard it was very offensive to them. It was basically an insult to their mother (it usually referred to her being kind of a slut or a sinner to religious people... basically just lower class trashy type things). Even today, in some society, illegitimate children are second class citizens and don’t have the same inheritance rights as children born to married parents. They are look down on.

In reference to the use of the word bastard, I do respect your sensitivity even though I don’t agree with you. If however you feel personally offended by my comments, then I apologize for that and will refrain from using the word bastard in reference to children born out of wedlock.

nikkykay:
Mr congo,
In my own dico, dat word doesnt exist.
Get that into ur fat skull.
Your child may still b a basta3d for the fact dat he or she is born into a legal marriage if u dont know dat cos having children in marriage doesnt mean dey will be responsible in life.

Ma'am, you are contradicting yourself.
First you indicated that the word bastard doesn't exist in your dico.
And then, you went on to indicate a child may be a bastard even though he or she was born into marriage.
How can a child born into marriage be a bastard?
What is your definition of the word bastard?

TheCongo
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by 9jamum(f): 11:38am On Jun 20, 2013
@Nikkykay, would like to send you an email privately, if its okay here is mine info@singlenaijamum.com

Thank you
Re: Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum by cantell(m): 10:18pm On Jun 20, 2013
Nikkykay, Teemilo and co,
if you ladies like, jump up and down like a popcorn in a frying pan. Fact still remains that the *sweet angels* you're all raising now are born out of wedlock and the word baastard is the right term used for them(derogatory or not).
Stop crying foul! No be person say make una date douchebags.
Next time, try dating mature guys who take responsibility for their actions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NL Husband Material / Washing Husband Clothes! Who's Job The Man Or His Wife / Olden Days Vs Modern Days Marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.