Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,290 members, 7,867,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:08 AM

Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 - Sports (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (119334 Views)

Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by adrainuche(m): 2:17am On Jun 21, 2013
Adexchelsea19: Babatunde should pls go and join Nigeria police force.
lmaooo Nairalanders and their bad mouth !!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by inme: 2:18am On Jun 21, 2013
The way I dislike Musa reach, I kno mind make dem tie bomb for my waste make i run go hug musa

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by texaco1: 2:18am On Jun 21, 2013
keshi needs 3 solid experienced players in this team ,all this gra gra he is doing that he will not recall some old players will back fire on him at the most critical moment.all we need is an experienced defender to coordinate these rookies defender,another solid midfielder to give enough input in that area and for christ sake an experiences striker .just 3 old legs is enough to blend this team.ok ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by dabrake(m): 2:20am On Jun 21, 2013
it was like the group of death but our boys , to their very best, braced up to the challenges,showed high level of patriotism,determination and diligence. one, while in his brave act, shed blood for his country. . .
come, 2014 and they will do us proud. they have the never-say-die spirit.we will rise and rule the world in 2014.
the future has just started. #SuperEagles4Eternity.

#modified

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by nitrogen(m): 2:20am On Jun 21, 2013
Youngmon3Y: any way,them try sha....they stay there and celebrate theor haiti win as they have planned earlier b4 fifa didnt allow them
Celebrate what? Make them pack their belongings and leave Brazil 2mao so as to prepare for the world cup and to avoid being scattered by spain on sunday.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by emiye(m): 2:24am On Jun 21, 2013
optimus-prime1:

Perhaps you have'nt observed that although Musa is quick, he has no tactical intelligence? And yet he plays full 90mins (Left to me as coach, "if" I was to include musa in my team, I'd introduce him as an injection player at the end of the game *that is after he las learned to cross sensible balls*)
Or you have'nt noticed this current crop of S.E strikers are all impotent, Ujah, *Ideye*, Akpala?
Look dude, either Osaze, Martins or Uche should be called back, there should be balanced mix of experience and youth in every team, packing up a Bunch of home based youngsters who still have a lot to learn to Major competitions does not make any sense at alllll...
I.K Uche underperformed@ the AFCON competition because he was fatigued and needed to be rested, mind u he scored almost all the Goals during the qualifiers.
By the way I'd love to pair Emenike and Osaze up together
Martins was impotent agaimst kenya for 60 mins and had to be substituted, until musa saved the day with the lone goal.
My point is , it is very easy to throw around names, when a supposedly good player is not in a tournament. If musa was not in this tournament, the same people castigating him now, would be throwing his name around as one of the missing link.

The "fatigue" excuse for IK uche, i guess you created that mental excuse for him to compensate for his poor showing at AFCON.

An emotional assessment of the super eagles will not give you an objective assessment.
Keshi should not rest on his oars , if we can raise 4-5 sure forwards in the team(with at least two steady players).Ujah,Akpala and even ideye still need to be given an oppotunity. These guys you are righting off are one of the top scorers in their leagues. Ideye was the 2nd highest goal scorer in ukraine last season with 17 goals not withstanding his absence from the league during AFCON.

We will get it right, all i see is bright stars for the super eagles, i see a shining super eagle

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by portage(m): 2:28am On Jun 21, 2013
Emisco1: abeg ma hear word infact 2 me d bot of dm play rubsh pure 1. 2 uhm much iz gven much is xpected. U no c d mouth wa suarez mk 4 twiter hm mst score hatrick againt a dummy side. Watin dm play even CAVANI. Napoli go rduce hm money £53M. dm play durty. 2 UHM MUCH IZ GVEN MUCH IS XPECTED. Up 9JA

Just don't be quick to pick and choose your statements out of context my man!

I already applaud these guys....they tried their best..........Even Mikel, was able to re-launch himself!
My argument is simple......we are simply lacking in technicalitiessssss wink wink wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Lordave: 2:29am On Jun 21, 2013
adrainuche: please let's be realistic !!!
I guess I'd have been realistic if I'd said that Spain is beating Nigeria 5 nil. You are on a long thing bro. Everytin is possible, this is football.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by solaabujan(m): 2:31am On Jun 21, 2013
We're out ...NIJA ..... that's to ma own opinion statistically !!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by matthew1985(m): 2:33am On Jun 21, 2013
haha have you seen the Japan 3: 4 Italy?
Jarus: We are technically out of this tournament even if we beat Spain.

If we beat Spain, best result, 3-1. We will be on 6 points, +6 goal difference. Spain will be on 6 points, +9 goal difference. Uruguay will only need to beat Tahiti 6-0.

Even with that most generous assumptions, we won't qualify.

Of course, me and you know we can't beat Spain 3-1.

So it's as good as we are out.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Rossikk(m): 2:36am On Jun 21, 2013
Yakubu would have been a lot better than Akpala, Babatunde, Ujah etc.

Even Bright Dike seemed a lot stronger than those guys.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by texaco1: 2:41am On Jun 21, 2013
angry
dont worry guys we will beat spain and tahiti will either draw or defeat uruguay,
i can place my bet on that
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by gallivant: 2:42am On Jun 21, 2013
Viva Brasil

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by purplekayc(m): 2:50am On Jun 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
gallivant: Viva Brasil

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Chromedome(m): 3:01am On Jun 21, 2013
purplekayc: grin grin grin grin grin

Omo see shot! Your fada! Komot! grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by africapunch: 3:07am On Jun 21, 2013
grin atleast Eagus try!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by nijanigga: 3:11am On Jun 21, 2013
dabrake:
you baastaad, are you not tired of posting those t/3 sentences of yours? where is the moderator here? ban this foolish fool
oloshi, isi ewu, go sleep with sorrow. u wey no be bastard. soccer can't absorb your sorrow.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by nijanigga: 3:15am On Jun 21, 2013
Lordave: We are winning Spain believe it or not.

too much ogogoro.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by dougivilla(m): 3:37am On Jun 21, 2013
dabrake:
you baastaad, are you not tired of posting those t/3 sentences of yours? where is the moderator here? ban this foolish fool
see who's talking of a ban! It should begin with you!

You just broke rule numbers 2 and 15 and I'm gonna rule #13 you!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:13am On Jun 21, 2013
Allohrandy: Spain team B won Tahiti 10-0 so I expect the Spanish bench to win Super Eagles..

tahiti is not nigeria jare! shut up there.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:15am On Jun 21, 2013
dominique: cry cry cry

We can't say they didn't try. Wetin dey tire me be say

1. Why can't we score through setpieces

2. Why do we concede through set-pieces

3. Is Mikel the only available freekick player

4. IS THIS THE BEST SQUAD A WHOLE NIGERIA CAN OFFER

18 matches unbeaten is still a good record. It is well sad

@ number 4: Are you a fool that you don't know that half our team is injured?
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:16am On Jun 21, 2013
successking: Keshi has failed. Where is Emenike?

idiot! half our team is injured (emenike included). how many times will we say it on nairaland
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by texaco1: 5:23am On Jun 21, 2013
bboiabb:

@ number 4: Are you a fool that you don't know that half our team is injured?
but pls state how many players are injured?what do u mean by half?so 11 first team players are injured?
oga abeg that isnt an excuse,this team tried their best no doubt about that but there is still lot and lot of work to be done .just like keshi said and he still keep saying it ,this is not his final team and that he is still in the process of building a solid team.most of these players may not feature for nigeria at the world cup if we qualify but this exposure is good for them
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:26am On Jun 21, 2013
texaco1:
but pls state how many players are injured?what do u mean by half?so 11 first team players are injured?
oga abeg that isnt an excuse,this team tried their best no doubt about that but there is still lot and lot of work to be done .just like keshi said and he still keep saying it ,this is not his final team and that he is still in the process of building a solid team.most of these players may not feature for nigeria at the world cup if we qualify but this exposure is good for them

Gbam! The likes of Kalu Uche, Bright Dike, Martins and Ameobi surely have to be in contention for the world cup. Akpala, Ujah, Gambo should wait for 2018
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:28am On Jun 21, 2013
So is Nigeria out?
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 21, 2013
engineerd: So is Nigeria out?

We aren't mathematically out, but the odds of advancing to the semifinal is quite low. Nigeria has to defeat Spain, and hope that the Uruguay v Tahiti game ends in a draw, or an unlikely Tahiti win. embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 21, 2013
Web Contractor: I guess the Super Chickens are back again.

In the last decade of football history,we have always struggled to qualify for the group stage OF any tournament.

Now we need to beat Spain(A feat that will that will take our FIFA ranking ten steps higher).

Always the underdogs.

!!! Searching for Emmanuel TV grin

fk u. fk haters. nigeria played well, dominated possession but lack good finishers
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:36am On Jun 21, 2013
CFCfan:

We aren't mathematically out, but the odds of advancing to the semifinal is quite low. Nigeria has to defeat Spain, and hope that the Uruguay v Tahiti game ends in a draw, or an unlikely Tahiti win. embarassed

Thanks! we are out....looking forward to the world cup. I think we should learn from this experience and try to perfect the team in prep for the world cup! UP NIGERIA!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:37am On Jun 21, 2013
bboiabb:

fk u. fk haters. nigeria played well, dominated possession but lack good finishers

That is a reversal of the problems the SE used to have. In the past, the team had quality strikers but no decent midfielders. Now, our midfield is probably the best in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 21, 2013
engineerd:

Thanks! we are out....looking forward to the world cup. I think we should learn from this experience and try to perfect the team in prep for the world cup! UP NIGERIA!!!

Yeah, the world cup is the main priority. It's better to qualify and do well in the world cup, than to win the Confed cup and miss out of World cup qualification.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Israelie(m): 5:52am On Jun 21, 2013
thank God say i no even watch d match.......... Cos i knew it gonna happn dat way.
2dos dat left dre sleep tryin to watch naija match una weldone ooo
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 21, 2013
texaco1:

ok! see, this is a MUCH better explanation. NFF better not sack keshi oh...because they like to think with their joystick sometimes. He is dong well. Think about it.

This is the same nigeria that used to lose and draw against common teams and play heart attack football. I was nervous in todays game but it was a different feeling. I didn't complain nearly as much as i used to. If we are playing like this with this team and dominating uruguay, imagine how we will do in the world cup with a full squad (insha allah).

UP EAGLES
F..K THE HATERS!

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (101) (Reply)

Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) / Cristiano Ronaldo Undergoing Medicals At Juventus (Photos) / Scene Of The Accident That Killed Ifeanyi George (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.