Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,987 members, 7,821,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? (11549 Views)

Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? / Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 11:48am On Aug 06, 2013
christemmbassey: i av bn avoiding to av direct conversation with u, bc i suspected ur cognitive process, ok, lets see if u're diff from most high. Acts 13:39 "and by him all that BELIEVE are JUSTIFIED from ALL THINGS from which ye could NOT BE JUSTIFIED BY THE LAW OF MOSES". Acts 15:10 "now therefor whv tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the discitples, which neither our fatherr nor we were able to bear? ". Gal 3:2 this only will i learn of you, RECIEVED YE THE SPIRIT BY THE wORKS OF THE LAW, OR BY THE HEARING OF FAITH?, .Gal 3:10 for as many ar are of the works of the LAW Are UNDER CURSE, for it is written, cursed is everyone that continued not in ALL THINGS WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW TO DO THEM. 11 but that no man is justified by the LAW in the sight of God, ........ 26 for ye are all the children of God BY FAITH IN CHRIST JESUS. Gal 4:9 but now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements whereuntn ye desire again to be in BONDAGE?, Gal 5:1 stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage, 3:for i testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is debtor to the whole LAW. 4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, who so ever of you are justified ky the LAW, YE ARE FALLEN FROM GRACE. My bros, the law of Moses is bondage, and christians have nothing to do with this bondage wich was actually replaced with grace of God tro faith in Jesus Christ. Stay blessed.

Ok let me address your misquoted verses one by one as I am at work, so be patient:

Acts 13: How dare you use this. Id this not the same chapter that Paul Judaized?
vs 15: 5 And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.

verse 39 ""and by him all that BELIEVE are JUSTIFIED from ALL THINGS from which ye could NOT BE JUSTIFIED BY THE LAW OF MOSES"

Your version of belief is different from Hebraic mindset.

James 2: " But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? "

He called you foolish by the way, I didn't say it. smiley
Justified by faith, that is good, I believe that too. But how can you say you have faith in Christ if you do not do the works of Christ, or do as he commanded?

The Jews thoguht they were justified by heir works only, not mixing it with faith. They were depending on the law itself for salvation, when we kow no man can keep it perfectly. How you conclude from that, that we do not have to keep His commandments is beyond me. Absurd I tell you. Oh man of lawlessness.

More to come
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 11:49am On Aug 06, 2013
christemmbassey: the jews are not christians, we av the jews, the gentiles and the church(jew+gentile believers )

Thank you oooooooooooooooo
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 11:50am On Aug 06, 2013
christemmbassey: the jews are not christians, we av the jews, the gentiles and the church(jew+gentile believers )

That's not what your advocate told me.
Paul and gentile converts heard Paul's gospel, while Peter and John continued preaching the law to the Jewish believers.
Is this not what you people follow?
If that be so, I am a Jew.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 11:54am On Aug 06, 2013

Another vain imagination

Without scriptural backing.

Practicing alchemy and magic.

Hold on let me check my dicti9onary again.....

Yep the brother is right jew and gentile have completely different definitions smiley

A jew is not a christian

Christian is a slur word to mean follower of yashua

But the children of the little horn do not even follow yASHUA

They follow paul. smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 11:54am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

That's not what your advocate told me.
Paul and gentile converts heard Paul's gospel, while Peter and John continued preaching the law to the Jewish believers.
Is this not what you people follow?
If that be so, I am a Jew.

Where did they or preach the entire law of Moses to you?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 11:55am On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

For what mr grasshopper.

You lack conviction totally.

Anything to reman lawless smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 11:58am On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

Where did they or preach the entire law of Moses to you?

Teach not preach

Child of the little horn smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

You liar, come back here and show me your demonic inferences.

Mr show me show me smiley

Scoffing is folly.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

Ah Ah, you liar! don't let me find your old posts. You said Jews continue in law, which Peter and apostles taught them, while Paul taught the new gospel to the gentiles only. It was revealed to Paule exclusively. That is what you said. So stop playing the harlot
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 12:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
1 Corinthians 11
King James Version (KJV)
11 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Keep fighting the message

Go and find out who would present us (gentiles) to Christ on the day the dead and alive in Christ would rise to meet Christ.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

But we are Jews now. YOu said we Jews should keep the Torah, as Peter, James and John did. You gentiles are to follow Paul's gospel. But at the end, we meet at the same heaven. That is what you said. So why do you condemn us sir?

Dont mind the lawless man

Its his concience that is enraging him

His eye is bad because we do the good works and testify to it as well
Mumudon.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2013
MostHigh:

Dont mind the lawless man

Its his concience that is enraging him

His eye is bad because we do the good works and testify to it as well
Mumudon.

Hilarious how he turns over on his central view to anyone that will pat him on the back, like a true harlot.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
MostHigh:

Teach not preach

Show me where they taught you the law of Moses in its fullness
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi: 1 Corinthians 11
King James Version (KJV)
11 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Keep fighting the message

Go and find out who would present us (gentiles) to Christ on the day the dead and alive would rise to meet Christ.

Why Dont you approach yashua face to face?

Why choose to have an emisarry between you and him.

You must have something to hide.

Child of the little horn keep doing your fathers bidding.

Lawlessness if folly and death smiley

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

The Jews believed you needed to hear the whole law and live by it BEFORE you became saved, that was the issue.
I read the word of God, and am circumcised of the heart and I am learning to follow as I read. By faith I am saved already and it is shwon in works.
You 'believe'm, yet have no works. John calls that foolishness. Good luck to you
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Hilarious how he turns over on his central view to anyone that will pat him on the back, like a true harlot.

I am starting to believe you enjoy these sort of un-edified talks to learning the truth or discussing about it.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 12:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

The Jews believed you needed to hear the whole law and live by it BEFORE you became saved, that was the issue.
I read the word of God, and am circumcised of the heart and I am learning to follow as I read. By faith I am saved already and it is shwon in works.
You 'believe'm, yet have no works. John calls that foolishness. Good luck to you

What works na?

Show me where they tell you to do the entire dictates of the law
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

Is that a trick question smiley Abeg no use laugh take give me 2 packs

In its fullness, what does that mean?

In a situation of lawlessness, obeying the law becomes a crime

That is my offence, obeying the LAW
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by christemmbassey(m): 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Ok let me address your misquoted verses one by one as I am at work, so be patient:

Acts 13: How dare you use this. Id this not the same chapter that Paul Judaized?
vs 15: 5 And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.

verse 39 ""and by him all that BELIEVE are JUSTIFIED from ALL THINGS from which ye could NOT BE JUSTIFIED BY THE LAW OF MOSES"

Your version of belief is different from Hebraic mindset.

James 2: " But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[c] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? "

He called you foolish by the way, I didn't say it. smiley
Justified by faith, that is good, I believe that too. But how can you say you have faith in Christ if you do not do the works of Christ, or do as he commanded?

The Jews thoguht they were justified by heir works only, not mixing it with faith. They were depending on the law itself for salvation, when we kow no man can keep it perfectly. How you conclude from that, that we do not have to keep His commandments is beyond me. Absurd I tell you. Oh man of lawlessness.

More to come
the jews and rulers of tqe synagogue in Antioc in Pisidia were not christians, so Paul was preaching Christ to them with the intention to convert them, when they rejected his message he tnrned to the gentiles who gladly recieved his message, see verse 46.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 12:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
MostHigh:

Who says you should not obey the law that brought death.

Your offence is disrupting God's Word.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 12:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
MostHigh:

Can you just imagine. The harlot (modern church) oppressing the Jews, just as they did in the days of Constantine. Or they did not read Bidam's article?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 12:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

What works na?

Show me where they tell you to do the [b]entire dictates [/b]of the law

Mr show me show me grin my kids love that programm

Did you get that from goshen or is it the other way round?

Trying to take the holy spirit apart again are we smiley

What you are asking for is within your soul already

Learn to listen with your heart also.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Can you just imagine. The harlot (modern church) oppressing the Jews, just as they did in the days of Constantine. Or they did not read Bidam's article?

BIDAMS ARTICLE WENT COMPLETELY OVER THIER HEADS grin grin

They dare not respond

After bungling over acts 21
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
MostHigh:

Mr show me show me grin my kids love that programm

Did you get that from goshen or is it the other way round?

Trying to take the holy spirit apart again are we smiley

What you are asking for is within your soul already

Learn to listen with your heart also.

Lol, your shallowness and clueless attributes isn't a surprise. The other guy pretending like he knows better than you do is the issue here.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

Who says you should not obey the law that brought death.

Your offence is disrupting God's Word.

Any green psychologist will can deduce from your responses that your discussions are always imbalanced

you speak only of death concerning the LAW cause you are blind and you quote completely out of context, what about reproof and instructions in rightouness?

Always try to strike the right balance

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

Lol, your shallowness and clueless attributes isn't a surprise. The other guy pretending like he knows better than you do is the issue here.

No be competition

I agree I am a lawfull judaizer grin grin

At least you agree you are a lawless man

or at least a seed of the little horn, you have the exact same charater and scripture confirms this.smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2013
MostHigh:

No be competition

I agree I am a lawfull judaizer grin grin

At least you agree you are a lawless man

or at least a seed of the little horn, you have the exact same charater and scripture confirms this.smiley

I too am a follower of Christ, a Jew just like him, and I want to be like him so I keep the commandments of yahweh the best I can. I will fall short, but does that mean the commandments should be discarded? lol these jokers.

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

shdemidemi lacks any conviction smiley

I have been singing that song for a long time now.

A harlot proper smiley

Anything to be lawless.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I too am a follower of Christ, a Jew just like him, and I want to be like him so I keep the commandments of yahweh the best I can. I will fall short, but does that mean the commandments should be discarded? lol these jokers.

In you patience posses ye your soul brother, the words of the master.

The children are reading and learning.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
christemmbassey: .

Ok Mr Devils Embassy, you also quoted Acts 15. Error.
Acts 15:10 "now therefor whv tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the discitples, which neither our fatherr nor we were able to bear? "

lets grab some more scriptures, because we are not fools.

First, a little sidenote, verse 11 "But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."
I had to put that for Mr 2-gospel shdemidemi, who thinks there are two yardsticks.

Moving on:

20 but that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. 21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

I wonder where James gets those 3 commandments? THis is James, remember, NOT Paul. He didn't make it up, he got it from the Torah.
Why did he only ask these three things to be observed?
Well, they were to be done immediately. They came with their own pagan practices, these gentiles. It would take some time to learn the whole Torah. It takes over a year to fully convert to Judaism. If you ehar the law every sabbath, how long do you think it will take to hear it all? How long did it take you to read your whole bible?
It is not like today where everyone has a bible at home. Torah scrolls cost one years salary back then, did you knwow that?
Hence he said:

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

i.e. They will learn the rest of the law as they fellowship with us in synagogue.

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
.Genesis 22
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Who is the seed in this passage?

Who are the other nations?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Ok Mr Devils Embassy, you also quoted Acts 15. Error.
Acts 15:10 "now therefor whv tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the discitples, which neither our fatherr nor we were able to bear? "

lets grab some more scriptures, because we are not fools.

First, a little sidenote, verse 11 "But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."
I had to put that for Mr 2-gospel shdemidemi, who thinks there are two yardsticks.

Moving on:

20 but that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. 21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

I wonder where James gets those 3 commandments? THis is James, remember, NOT Paul. He didn't make it up, he got it from the Torah.
Why did he only ask these three things to be observed?
Well, they were to be done immediately. They came with their own pagan practices, these gentiles. It would take some time to learn the whole Torah. It takes over a year to fully convert to Judaism. If you ehar the law every sabbath, how long do you think it will take to hear it all? How long did it take you to read your whole bible?
It is not like today where everyone has a bible at home. Torah scrolls cost one years salary back then, did you knwow that?
Hence he said:

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

i.e. They will learn the rest of the law as they fellowship with us in synagogue.

You are truly shallow, do you even read these things yourself or you are quoting some one else.

I am done with this thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible / 'Corruption Will Not End In Nigeria Till Jesus Comes' - Prophet Abiara / What Makes Rich Men To Steal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.