Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,279 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? (11542 Views)

Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? / Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 9:34am On Aug 06, 2013
MostHigh:

Interrupt ke?

You think you have wriggled out of acts 21 hilarious though, your response is that Paul is a mad man abi? smiley

I know you are completely possessed by the same spirit you described in your response no wonder you behave like a man of:

1. duplicate character

2. Double minded

3. a pretender

4. a schemer

Suffering from multiple personality disorder

If your interpretation of acts 21 is correct then no one would have taken paul seriously least of all the apostles or myself for that matter. smiley

To the lawless, I became as one, breaking the commandments and believing I am saved. smiley
I think that is what he meant, no? lol
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 9:38am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

hahaha
But interestingly, it is the only anchor, albeit weak, he has.
Painful as it is to read his writings, how does Goshen account for his own view? Or even Drummaboy?

Can you just imagine Paul entering a synagogue to tell them it is well and they can eat pork. They would have hung him. They (Pharisees) tested Jesus' knowledge of Torah, an they could find no fault in his answers, because he knew the law and kept it. Just put yourself back in that time, and imagine a man teaching side by side with Jews, but teaching a different message. it is insane.lol

Exactly.

who could convince yashua of sin john 8:22

Or |Even John the baptist.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 9:44am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

To the lawless, I became as one, breaking the commandments and believing I am saved. smiley
I think that is what he meant, no? lol

Then next thing when he is with the apostles he is being lawfull again just so he can win them to his side

Like your poignant post yesterday being lawfull openly then going behind a tree to eat swines flesh

This version of paul reminds me of some PDP chieftians

Abeg no kill person with laugh oooo smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 9:52am On Aug 06, 2013
MostHigh:

Then next thing when he is with the apostles he is being lawfull again just so he can win them to his side

Like you poignant post yesterday being lawfull openly then going behind a tree to eat swines flesh

This version of paul reminds me of some PDP chieftians

Abeg no kill person with laugh oooo smiley

LWKMD!
As I rode to work the yesterday I actually walked through this guys logic in my head.

God gave the Law. He gave the prophets, who gave prophecies of what MUST come to pass. John the baptist came as prophecied. Christ fulfills first three prophetic feast days, and then 50 days later pentecost is fulfilled (holy spirit came to the JEWS).
While Christ was on earth, he taught the people, as propecied.
But shdemidemi reckons that was for the Jews ony, and after the resurrects they should discard all that. But who should discard it? The Jews, or everyone. As he often said the Torah is for the Jews to continue in.
SO Paul converts from Judaism (to some new religion). And yet, Peter, on who Christ said, on this rock I will build my congregation (original text did not read 'church'), is still teaching Judaism, except saying that their prophecied Messiah has come and they should believe in him and walk in his ways.
So there is a fork in the road. Paul supposedly has tis epiphany that the law is nonsense and all you must do is believe in Christ, no works required to prove your faith though - wide is that gate.

It is mesmerizing, and hilarious. No wonder modern Jews can never accept their 'Jesus'. The Jesus they describe is not that which was prophecied - that is because they formed him and his character in their minds. Oh the gentiles!
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by christemmbassey(m): 9:57am On Aug 06, 2013
@Bidam, are u a judaizer too? Minus thf love of tithe.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 10:05am On Aug 06, 2013
christemmbassey: @Bidam, are u a judaizer too? Minus thf love of tithe.

What is a Judaizer by your definition?
Who gave the law, Moses or Yahweh?

Exodus 20 "And God spake all these words, saying, 2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage."

This is same chapter of 10 commandments. So he gave them instructions. And you say they are bondage? When he just brought them out of the bondage of Egypt?
Oh you do blaspheme
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 10:12am On Aug 06, 2013
Goshen360: SMH for this guy JesusisLord, I don't even understand how come he is saying or calling himself Jesusislord and yet proclaiming Moses, grace and truth came by same Jesus that is Lord. The guy quotes scriptures RELIGIOUSLY not understanding what it means. SMH

He is only trying to be exactly as his master is. Obeying the law.

You on the other hand keep doing your fathers bidding trying to change traditions and customs smiley

Child of the little horn.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 10:15am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

LWKMD!
As I rode to work the yesterday I actually walked through this guys logic in my head.

God gave the Law. He gave the prophets, who gave prophecies of what MUST come to pass. John the baptist came as prophecied. Christ fulfills first three prophetic feast days, and then 50 days later pentecost is fulfilled (holy spirit came to the JEWS).
But shdemidemi reckons that was for the Jews ony, and after the resurrects they should discard all that. But who should discard it? The Jews, or everyone. As he often said the Torah is for the Jews to continue in.
SO Paul converts from Judaism (to some new religion). And yet, Peter, on who Christ said, on this rock I will build my congregation (original text did not read 'church'), is still teaching Judaism, except saying that their prophecied Messiah has come and they should believe in him and walk in his ways.
So there is a fork in the road. Paul supposedly has tis epiphany that the law is nonsense and all you must do is believe in Christ, no works required to prove your faith though - wide is that gate.

It is mesmerizing, and hilarious. No wonder modern Jews can never accept their 'Jesus'. The Jesus they describe is not that which was prophecied - that is because they formed him and his character in their minds. Oh the gentiles!

Clearly he is not at the sermon on the mount with the master and we.

He has sold his birthright for a bowl or porridge smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 10:16am On Aug 06, 2013
MostHigh:

He is only trying to be exactly as his master is. Obeying the law.

You on the other hand keep doing your fathers bidding trying to change traditions and customs smiley

Child of the little horn.

haha well said, echoing the Most High Yahweh

John 8:38-47
" I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 41 Ye do the deeds of your father.

Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47 He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 10:22am On Aug 06, 2013

Confused.com
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 10:29am On Aug 06, 2013
These two boys have succeeded in proving their notoriety. I am sure you are both proud of yourselves right now, you are the greatest examples and replicas Jesus could have entrusted with his gospel.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 10:30am On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi: These two boys have succeeded in proving their notoriety. I am sure you are both proud of yourselves right now, you are the greatest examples and replicas Jesus could have entrusted with his gospel.

I thought Paul had the latest version of the gospel?
Ah ahn, who should we follow. Make it clear
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 10:37am On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi: These two boys have succeeded in proving their notoriety. I am sure you are both proud of yourselves right now, you are the greatest examples and replicas Jesus could have entrusted with his gospel.

Here comes the grasshopper move smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 06, 2013
Let me help your ignorance by posting an article from Wikipedia.

Adherence by Gentile Christians to Torah Laws intended for Gentiles

The "three exceptions" resolved by the Council of Acts 15 indicate that the apostles accepted that those portions of the Law of Moses (the Torah) intended for Gentiles (later known as the Laws of Noah) would apply to Gentile Christians. Extra-Biblical evidence shows that, at least in some areas (especially in the East), this included observances beyond the three exceptions, such as a Christianized form of Passover, Day of Atonement, and Sabbath. But other Gentile Christian communities (especially in the West), evolved in an increasingly anti-Jewish direction that interpreted Paul's teaching to mean that all Torah Laws are redundant "now that Salvation by Faith is available through Jesus' atoning death". From this latter point of view, any practice associated with Judaism came to be seen as a rejection of God's salvific gift, even the prohibition of blood which is listed among the "three exceptions" in Acts 15 (though the prohibition of blood was only rejected in the Western Church and not until the Middle Ages). While Acts 15 gives an example of what new Believers were subject to when entering the house of God, verse 21 states that the Gentiles would learn the ways of Moses the way it's been done. The prohibitions against fornication and idolatry are still observed by most Christian denominations even though they originated as Jewish law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaizers

You are free to call me whatever you like i don't really care,i just follow what is written in my bible with the help of the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 10:39am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

haha well said, echoing the Most High Yahweh

John 8:38-47
" I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 41 Ye do the deeds of your father.

Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47 He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Pentacost moment sire

The master chastiseth... if only shdemidemi was a child of abarahm smiley

Then he would live as abraham lived

Obedient to the end.

But guess what shdemidemi knows more than yashua ibn joseph

Herein lies his folly smiley

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 10:48am On Aug 06, 2013
Bidam: Let me help your ignorance by posting an article from Wikipedia.

Adherence by Gentile Christians to Torah Laws intended for Gentiles

The "three exceptions" resolved by the Council of Acts 15 indicate that the apostles accepted that those portions of the Law of Moses (the Torah) intended for Gentiles (later known as the Laws of Noah) would apply to Gentile Christians. Extra-Biblical evidence shows that, at least in some areas (especially in the East), this included observances beyond the three exceptions, such as a Christianized form of Passover, Day of Atonement, and Sabbath. But other Gentile Christian communities (especially in the West), evolved in an increasingly anti-Jewish direction that interpreted Paul's teaching to mean that all Torah Laws are redundant "now that Salvation by Faith is available through Jesus' atoning death". From this latter point of view, any practice associated with Judaism came to be seen as a rejection of God's salvific gift, even the prohibition of blood which is listed among the "three exceptions" in Acts 15 (though the prohibition of blood was only rejected in the Western Church and not until the Middle Ages). While Acts 15 gives an example of what new Believers were subject to when entering the house of God, verse 21 states that the Gentiles would learn the ways of Moses the way it's been done. The prohibitions against fornication and idolatry are still observed by most Christian denominations even though they originated as Jewish law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaizers

You are free to call me whatever you like i don't really care,i just follow what is written in my bible with the help of the Holy Spirit.

This post is like music to my soulsmiley

Thank you.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 10:50am On Aug 06, 2013

Is it the gospel of PAUL or the gospel of YASHUA?

Confused.com smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 10:53am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

LWKMD!

It is a Very very wide gate they are passing brother.

The numbers give them a false sense of security.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 10:57am On Aug 06, 2013
Did anyone expect the spirit of meekness and patience from people proliferating the law that brought sin and death?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi: Did anyone expect the spirit of meekness and patience from people proliferating the law that brought sin and death?

But we are Jews now. YOu said we Jews should keep the Torah, as Peter, James and John did. You gentiles are to follow Paul's gospel. But at the end, we meet at the same heaven. That is what you said. So why do you condemn us sir?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 11:03am On Aug 06, 2013
Define Grace

Define Gift

How long did Paul go on exile for?

You are free to google it up like our dear brother did in an earlier post.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by christemmbassey(m): 11:06am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

What is a Judaizer by your definition?
Who gave the law, Moses or Yahweh?

Exodus 20 "And God spake all these words, saying, 2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage."

This is same chapter of 10 commandments. So he gave them instructions. And you say they are bondage? When he just brought them out of the bondage of Egypt?
Oh you do blaspheme
i av bn avoiding to av direct conversation with u, bc i suspected ur cognitive process, ok, lets see if u're diff from most high. Acts 13:39 "and by him all that BELIEVE are JUSTIFIED from ALL THINGS from which ye could NOT BE JUSTIFIED BY THE LAW OF MOSES". Acts 15:10 "now therefor whv tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the discitples, which neither our fatherr nor we were able to bear? ". Gal 3:2 this only will i learn of you, RECIEVED YE THE SPIRIT BY THE wORKS OF THE LAW, OR BY THE HEARING OF FAITH?, .Gal 3:10 for as many ar are of the works of the LAW Are UNDER CURSE, for it is written, cursed is everyone that continued not in ALL THINGS WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW TO DO THEM. 11 but that no man is justified by the LAW in the sight of God, ........ 26 for ye are all the children of God BY FAITH IN CHRIST JESUS. Gal 4:9 but now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements whereuntn ye desire again to be in BONDAGE?, Gal 5:1 stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage, 3:for i testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is debtor to the whole LAW. 4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, who so ever of you are justified ky the LAW, YE ARE FALLEN FROM GRACE. My bros, the law of Moses is bondage, and christians have nothing to do with this bondage wich was actually replaced with grace of God tro faith in Jesus Christ. Stay blessed.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 11:06am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

But we are Jews now. YOu said we Jews should keep the Torah, as Peter, James and John did. You gentiles are to follow Paul's gospel. But at the end, we meet at the same heaven. That is what you said. So why do you condemn us sir?

You can't change. You ask a million questions and ignore your obvious errors and contradictions.
I thought Jews are to observe the commandments. You gentiles do as you please.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 11:10am On Aug 06, 2013
@christembassy^^^^ nice one bro

1 tim 1

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Paul did everything according to the law, yet he calls himself a 'chief sinner'.

@ jesusislord

If you twist any of christ embassy's post I go show you.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 11:13am On Aug 06, 2013
christemmbassey: i av bn avoiding to av direct conversation with u, cos i suspected ur cognitive process, ok, lets see if u're diff from most high. Acts 13:39 "and by him all that BELIEVE are JUSTIFIED from ALL THINGS from which ye could NOT BE JUSTIFIED BY THE LAW OF MOSES". Acts 15:10 "now therefor whv tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the discitples, which neither our fatherr nor we were able to bear? ". Gal 3:2 this only will i learn of you, RECIEVED YE THE SPIRIT BX THE MORKS OF THE LAW, OR BY THE HEARING OF FAITH?, .Gal 3:10 for as many ar are of the works of the LAW AQF UNDER CURSE, for it is written, cursed is everyone that continued not in ALL THINGS WHICH AIE WRITTEN IN THE BONK OF THE LAW TO DO THEM. 11 but that no man is justified by the LAW in the sight of God, ........ 26 for ye are all the children of God BY FAITH IN CHRIST JESUS. Gal 4:9 but now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements whereuntn ye desire again to be in BONDAGE?, Gal 5:1 stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage, 3:for i testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is debtor to the wholf LAW. 4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, who so ever of you are justified ky the LAW, YE ARE FALLEN FROM GRACE.

Whichh kind mumu talk be this one smiley

Follow the leader. follow yashua and stop this your nonsense talk.

That should be simple enough for you, why make life so complex?

The more excuses you come up with to be lawless the the more you condemn yourself

For by the words of your mouth you are judged.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 11:15am On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi: @christembassy^^^^ nice one bro

1 tim 1

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Paul did everything according to the law, yet he calls himself a 'chief sinner'.

@ jesusislord

The man dont need to twist nothing

You and your kind are already twisted already your posts are all over the place

Whereras those of the WAY are as constant as constant.

The little horn speaks against the most high again smiley

you no dey taya?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 11:15am On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi: @christembassy^^^^ nice one bro

1 tim 1

@ jesusislord

Very silly man. Anyway he has used a lot of quotes there. The galatians ones, you know I already cleared up, though you still twist.
I will address them in my lunch break.
You ought to know that, from his quotes, he is saying there is no alw for anybody. You say it remains for the Jews. So why you are clapping, I don't know, Mr confused.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 11:18am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Very silly man. Anyway he has used a lot of quotes there. The galatians ones, you know I already cleared up, though you still twist.
You ought to know that, from his quotes, he is saying there is no alw for anybody. You say it remains for the Jews. So why you are clapping, I don't know, Mr confused.

You liar, come back here and show me your demonic inferences.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 11:20am On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

shdemidemi son of the little horn

The name fit you well well. smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 11:27am On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

I gave you galatians. You responded you don't like long bible study. Pele
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 11:32am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I gave you galatians. You responded you don't like long bible study. Pele

You gave me!

The man has given you bible scriptures, accept it or make it known that you don't believe the progressive nature of scriptures.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by christemmbassey(m): 11:46am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

the jews are not christians, we av the jews, the gentiles and the church(jew+gentile believers )

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Do You Support God's Decision Of Sending 2 Bears To Maul 42 Kids To Death / Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible / Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.