Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? (11537 Views)

Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? / Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 11:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Well, you are right. I have no right saying that about him as I am learning myself.

I take my post back.m and I apologise.

However, it's wrong of you to call someone lawless simply cos they refused to place themselves under the law.

My dear you have said it allsmiley

The lawless man of 2 thess 2 is called LAWLESS because he exalts himself over the LAW

The little horn is the one and same individual he that will exalt himself and try and change CUSTOMS AND TRADITION

Have you ever asked yourself whose customs and traditions the LITTLE HORN IS TRYING TO CHANGE?

EVEN IN COMMON SPEAK THE OPPOSITE OF BEING LAWFULL IS BEING LAWLESS smiley

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 11:57pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Who said I don't pay tithe? I only said it cannot be performed the way the law instructs because there is no levitical priesthood. Tithe simply means to give one tenth.

Haaaaaaa, Oga Ade! Oluwa n ri yin o. grin Adegun l'aro, e tun s'ope AdeOgun l'ale. shocked grin
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 11:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Well, you are right. I have no right saying that about him as I am learning myself.

I take my post back.m and I apologise.

However, it's wrong of you to call someone lawless simply cos they refused to place themselves under the law.

Under the law? Do you knwo what that means?
Here is what Paul used to be like

Galatians 1:14 " And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers".

You are aware that the traditions of the elders are the traditions of man Paul taught against. How can he teach against the Torah? That was the only scripture they had in his day,
Saul's conversion happened on a brief encounter on the road to Damascus, and you think he learned a whole new gospel in that short encounter?
How long did it take Moses to write God's instruction?

Those who were "under the law" believed that you must observe the law and the traditions to be saved.
Faith demands you ackowledge Christ's blood paid for your sins, when you deserved death. Does that mean you can sin so grace may abound? no. So what is sin? sin is transgression of the law. What is the law? The Torah (instruction) of Yahweh.

Let me give another example of the traditions mentioned by Jesus:

Matthew 15:2-3
Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

They are different things. The laws the pharisees added to the Torah, that was the bondage. How can God give instructions, and then you have the effrontery to call that bondage?

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:08am On Aug 06, 2013
SMH

Mosthigh of NL, leave me be. I obey the law n commandment of God as it is sumed up in Love.

Love your God with all your might, heart n soul

And love your neighbour as yourself

These are the greatest commandments.

I do these by obeying his word - enough instructions in the new testament. There is no aspect of these commandment that you will not find in the epistles.

Stop drawing me away from the light. God's grace is sufficient for me.

And BTW, I don't belong to any camp here. I have not seen anyone here that I agree with 100%. I don't know you all anyway. Cos I am beginning to see head boy, disciple and all.

I am a Christ follower.

Thanks and goodnight to u all. We will see 2mrw by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 12:11am On Aug 06, 2013
SMH for this guy JesusisLord, I don't even understand how come he is saying or calling himself Jesusislord and yet proclaiming Moses, grace and truth came by same Jesus that is Lord. The guy quotes scriptures RELIGIOUSLY not understanding what it means. SMH

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 06, 2013
DrummaBoy:
How much of this advice have you applied to yourself? I have never claimed absolute knowledge of anything on this forum; I came here myself seeking the light on tithing and non of you could prove to me why I should continue tithing and so I stopped. How does this offend you?
My bro..stop acting childish on spiritual issues,coming to a forum to seek help on your spiritual bankruptcy won't help you.Why not take time and prayerfully study the scriptures and ask the Holy Spirit(that's if you have him anyway)on this issue of tithing that you are so fixated about.This issue has even caused enmity and friction between you,me and others in this forum if you really care to admit.Why are you so bitter sef if Christian give 10% of their earnings to churches? Na your money That's what Paul refers to as christian liberty. You are not going to hell if you don't tithe,neither are you going to hell if you do.

We have treated these issue with people who have long been here in this forum like: Goshen, zikky,pastor kun,frosbel,debosky,olaa,image,joagbaaje etc.They never for once exhibited personal hatred and prejudice, you are exhibiting here bro..Please pray you don't fall into a gall of bitterness over this issue.

Imagine this envy and strife in a faceless forum where you can't see us. I wonder what will happen if you now come face to face with us.Try to fulfill the commandment of Love abegi.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 06, 2013
Goshen360:
I asked Bidam, if he still sees thou shall not commit adultery of under the law as the same as thou shall not commit adultery under the New Testament? The young man can't answer honestly.
grin And how did i fail this exam o Apostle Goshen360 ? I did say love your neighbor as your self.Oh! so you want me to go into a lengthy exegesis abi? Sorry i don't have the luxury of time and you never did say explain in your queshion na.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 06, 2013
Goshen360:

Haaaaaaa, Oga Ade! Oluwa n ri yin o. grin Adegun l'aro, e tun s'ope AdeOgun l'ale. shocked grin
Ha! the guys bust out in yoruba tongues just because some one believes in tithing.Do you need an interpreter?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 8:29am On Aug 06, 2013
@jesusislord and bidam

How long did it take Paul after his conversion from judaism to learn and come back with this gospel of grace?

Define the word 'gift' and the word 'grace'

I am sure our unlearned, barbaric, incoherent and scornful friend will soon come distract us but before he does, attempt the questions.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by christemmbassey(m): 8:33am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

haha if obeying the commandments makes me a 'Judaizer', then God bless you for recognising this.
So God denouncing the superficial use of the law, how does that support the idea that he dissolved the law? God wants to be worshipped in spirit and truth.
When you can show me that Yashua was a Christian, then I will follow your teachings.
Lol your quote is hilarious "you would realize that the law was not the central point of the Jewish religion... it was Jehovah God and what he demanded from his people" :s
The torah is God's instruction for his people my friend, stop talking nonsense.

Let me show you what the bible says about the righteous:

Matthew 19:17
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Luke 1:6
And they were both righteous before God,walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

2 Peter 2:21
For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

1 John 2:3
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 2:4
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3:22
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

1 John 3:24
And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2 John 1:6
And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

What do you people not understand about keeping the commandments? Or was John a false teacher?
Why did you remove the very one that will EXPOSE UR INSINCERITY? Now see it clearly herf- 1john 3:22-23-And what so ever we ask we recieve of him bc we keep his commandments and do those things that are pleasing in his sighp. 23 and THIS IS HIS COMMANDMENT, THAT WE SHOULD BELIEVE ON THE NAME OF HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, AND LOVE ANOTHFR, as he gave us commandment. This place is very clear and untwistable so try again. Jesus said in jn 3:16 that the only thing that is required for a man to have eternal life is 'believe' in him, mk 16:17 this sign shall follow them that believe, jn 7:38 if anyman believe in me, out of him shall flow rivers of living water etc etc etc and Jesus never said "if any man keep Moses laws, if u check matt 5 he even preach against the laws of Moses, we are Christians set free by Jesus, we never had and will never have anything to do with judaism.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by christemmbassey(m): 8:49am On Aug 06, 2013
Goshen360: MostHigh and this JesusisLord are real hard to have a discussion with. I must commend Shdemidemi for his patience with them. Look at the way they are addressing a brother! Lord have mercy!
most high soumds as if he's always high on something, una wey de convers with him try well well.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 8:56am On Aug 06, 2013
christemmbassey: Why did you remove the very one that will EXPOSE UR INSINCERITY? Now see it clearly herf- 1john 3:22-23-And what so ever we ask we recieve of him bc we keep his commandments and do those things that are pleasing in his sighp. 23 and THIS IS HIS COMMANDMENT, THAT WE SHOULD BELIEVE ON THE NAME OF HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, AND LOVE ANOTHFR, as he gave us commandment. This place is very clear and untwistable so try again. Jesus said in jn 3:16 that the only thing that is required for a man to have eternal life is 'believe' in him, mk 16:17 this sign shall follow them that believe, jn 7:38 if anyman believe in me, out of him shall flow rivers of living water etc etc etc and Jesus never said "if any man keep Moses laws, if u check matt 5 he even preach against the laws of Moses, we are Christians set free by Jesus, we never had and will never have anything to do with judaism.

So what does this mean?
1 John 2:4
"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him".

Or what does this mean?

"Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

Did God give the Torah, or was it Moses? YOu talk like Moses invented the word. jokers

How can you say you believe, and not keep His commandments?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 8:57am On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi: @jesusislord and bidam

How long did it take Paul after his conversion from judaism to learn and come back with this gospel of grace?

I am sure our unlearned, barbaric, incoherent and scornful friend will soon come distract us but before he does, attempt the questions.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 8:57am On Aug 06, 2013

"conversion from judaism"?
The Jews believed in Yahweh, as you do. Or is it Paul you serve, I forget.
The only thing he left behind was keeping the traditions of the elders, which was NOT the law. Paul kept the law. That is all.
The gospel of grace, according to you, is that Christ paid for your sins, and as a result, it is no longer defined as sin, technically, if you steal/kill/commit adultery. Well done
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 8:59am On Aug 06, 2013
[quote author=shdemidemi][/quote]

Another distraction smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 9:00am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

"conversion from judaism"?
The Jews believed in Yahweh, as you do. Or is it Paul you serve, I forget.
The only thing he left behind was keeping the traditions of the elders, which was NOT the law. Paul kept the law. That is all.
The gospel of grace, according to you, is that Christ paid for your sins, and as a result, it is no longer defined as sin, technically, if you steal/kill/commit adultery. Well done

I have edited it to make you happy, answer the questions properly my friend.

How long did it take Paul after to learn and come back with this gospel of grace?

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 9:01am On Aug 06, 2013
[quote author=shdemidemi][/quote]

How come Peter, James and John did not also convert from Judaism to pentecostalism or whatever it is?
Were they then false teachers?
Or you saying the bible is for both jews and christians, just that jews are to read every epistle excet Paul's? and your crowd are to read Paul only?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 9:02am On Aug 06, 2013
christemmbassey: most high soumds as if he's always high on something, una wey de convers with him try well well.

Thank you joor smiley

The persecutions is so so sweet

But You my friend are on the broad road look around you, your position is so so popular

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 9:03am On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

I have edited it to make you happy, answer the questions properly my friend.

haha you know I don't dance to your tune. I still need to understand your inconsistencies.
You say the jews should keep the law. Peter and the other apostles should teach the law to the Jews who believed in Christ, while Paul taught a different gospel to the gentiles.
Well, I am not a gentile, so I'm sure you will understand that I prefer to keep the commandments as best I can.

Shalom
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 9:03am On Aug 06, 2013
MostHigh:

Thank you joor smiley

The persecutions is so so sweet

But You my friend and on the broad road look around you, your position is so so popular

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing?

I hope he is not speaking on behalf of his churh.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 9:05am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

How come Peter, James and John did not also convert from Judaism to pentecostalism or whatever it is?
Were they then false teachers?
Or you saying the bible is for both jews and christians, just that jews are to read every epistle excet Paul's? and your crowd are to read Paul only?

A little poem for the children of the little horn

Its all about christ and not about paul

When they see you they should see christ

Every little thing you do and every thing you say

Let christ be lifted up today

Its all about christ

smiley

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 9:07am On Aug 06, 2013
@jesusislord

Don't make a mess of the entire thing, answer the questions as lucid as you can. Thanks

How long did it take Paul to come back with this gospel of grace?

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 9:10am On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi: @jesusislord

Don't make a mess of the entire thing, answer the questions as lucid as you can. Thanks

I think I have spent a lot of time pandering to your desires.
Lay out your teachings friend.
Still want to know which epistles to discard.
I can think of so many inconsistencies, I don't know where to begin.

"Jesus was talking to the Jews" he says. Only Paul preached, and knew, the 'mysteries' he says.
How come you know so much of Revelation when it was written by a Jew, to some Jewish believers?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 9:11am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I hope he is not speaking on behalf of his churh.

Most of them are brother.

Never heard a greater Zombie word than MY CHURCH

Last I checked the church is for yashua

The mind controll is unbelievable but who am I, even john marvelled when he saw who the ASHEWO really is.

The proffessed earthly church is the seat of SATAN revelation 17
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 9:15am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

"Jesus was talking to the Jews" he says. Only Paul preached, and knew, the 'mysteries' he says.
How come you know so much of Revelation when it was written by a Jew, to some Jewish believers?

Should I take it that you and most high are just here to interrupt God's word? Just like him, you have refused to answer questions but quick to criticise.

Would you answer my questions to the best of your knowledge, I might learn from your answers you know.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 9:17am On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

Should I take it that you and most high are just here to interrupt God's word? Just like him, you have refused to answer questions but quick to criticise.

Would you answer my questions to the best of your knowledge, I might learn from your answers you know.

Do you think everyone here is an olodo?
Ironically you are their representative, everything you say depends on the 2-gospel assumption, and they don't even believe in this.

I would love to hear how they think te law is done away with. Of course, we see why you think so. But they read Paul, John, James, and dear I say, Yashua. So what is their excuse for ignorance?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 9:18am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Even the tares sincerly believe they are wheat smiley

But time will tell.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 9:21am On Aug 06, 2013
Why the prejudice and insecurity? Answer simple questions, you are thinking of two gospels.

Define grace

Define gift

Tell us how long Paul went away before he came back with this gospel

What is hard in that!!
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 9:21am On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Do you think everyone here is an olodo?
Ironically you are their representative, everything you say depends on the 2-gospel assumption, and they don't even believe in this.

I would love to hear how they think te law is done away with. Of course, we see why you think so. But they read Paul, John, James, and dear I say, Yashua. So what is their excuse for ignorance?

Without his satanic luciferian 2 gospel theory the man is dead in the watersmiley

He is truly Lawless and he dont even know it. Or does he?

Jokes.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 9:22am On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi: Why the prejudice and insecurity? Answer simple questions, you are thinking of two gospels.

Define grace

Define gift

Tell us how long Paul went away before he came back with this gospel

What is hard in that!!

Why do the heathen rage and shdemidemi imagine a vain thing?

Seeking to change the traditions and customs of the Most High God

Your reward is already with you

Child of the little Horn smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 9:26am On Aug 06, 2013
MostHigh:

Without his satanic luciferian 2 gospel theory the man is dead in the watersmiley

He is truly Lawless and he dont even know it. Or does he?

Jokes.

hahaha
But interestingly, it is the only anchor, albeit weak, he has.
Painful as it is to read his writings, how does Goshen account for his own view? Or even Drummaboy?

Can you just imagine Paul entering a synagogue to tell them it is well and they can eat pork. They would have hung him. They (Pharisees) tested Jesus' knowledge of Torah, an they could find no fault in his answers, because he knew the law and kept it. Just put yourself back in that time, and imagine a man teaching side by side with Jews, but teaching a different message. it is insane.lol
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 9:29am On Aug 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

Interrupt ke?

You think you have wriggled out of acts 21 hilarious though, your response is that Paul is a mad man abi? smiley

I know you are completely possessed by the same spirit you described in your response no wonder you behave like a man of:

1. duplicate character

2. Double minded

3. a pretender

4. a schemer

Suffering from multiple personality disorder

If your interpretation of acts 21 is correct then no one would have taken paul seriously least of all the apostles or myself for that matter. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? / An Athiest Turned Christian. God Thank You For This Last Chance / Churches Turned Into Mosques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.