Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno (18529 Views)

Lawan Jafar: First Man To Inspire The Rise Of Civilian JTF In Borno / Shettima Donates N20million To Civilian JTF Members / Boko-Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Killed By JTF In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by ifebosco: 12:15am On Jun 14, 2013
the federal government should make a live insurance to those youths who are giving their lives to save us from boko haram,
as usual somebody at the top will be collecting money for the youths for his personal gain
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by getukudo(m): 12:16am On Jun 14, 2013
These youths should be kept out of harms way. These Boko Haram fellows are not sleeping. Kudos to them! But the JTF should try as much as possible to protect them and keep them out of danger from retaliation.
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by ifebosco: 12:18am On Jun 14, 2013
automaticcarzz: Exactly! That's my point. Some people have made some muslims so uncomfortable to the extent they are skeptical of helping the govt. Talking from criminological standpoint, fighting Boko boys should have been a collective effort (community policing).
you are not helping govt,you help the lives of your follow nigerians.not govt
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by ATMCARD2(m): 12:23am On Jun 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: It has been widely reported that some Borno youths have organised themselves into "civilian JTF" and are hunting down Boko Haram suspects in their domains and handing them over to the security agencies. This is the first time such collaboration between the security agencies and the locals in the war on Boko Haram is being reported. It is generally believed that such collaboration will deny the terrorist a safe haven and bring the insecurity in the state to a quick end.

Consequently, this thread is open for all well meaning Nigerians and friends of Nigeria who wish to express solidarity and support for the gallant and brave "civilian JTF"

Yours sincerely wish them success and God's protection.

Death to Boko Haram!
.I wish them more virgins 2 their elbows.Double portions 4 each an evry1 of them,dats 4rm 72 virgins-144.Under merit.
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

That's precisely what the 'state police' the media is harping on is about. On an episode of the show '60 Minutes With Angela' Fashola said that the idea of state police was to coordinate and/or encourage community policing. I agree. I initially disagreed b'cos I thought it was about states creating their police force.

Our people need orientation and good education before we can achieve big things in Nigeria. If someone introduces a policy we don't understand, there is no need to discount and destroy that policy. We need to actually study what the policy is meant to achieve instead of just saying no without knowing the reason for saying no. Community policing is what we need in Nigeria in order to start solving problems. With community policing, Boko Haram problem would have been a thing of the past if some people in the government haven't castigated people who should have been of help to bringing these killers to justice.

I am a criminologist too and I know so much about criminal justice system. Imagine we are still finding it difficult to solve murder cases in Nigeria. How can a Minister for Justice be killed in a country without bringing the killers to justice?
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 14, 2013
grin those boko boys will be fished out one by one. It takes one to know one. So they should spare no one. This dudes have terrorised us a lot. Good step.
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 14, 2013
getukudo: These youths should be kept out of harms way. These Boko Haram fellows are not sleeping. Kudos to them! But the JTF should try as much as possible to protect them and keep them out of danger from retaliation.

I hope the government does not blow the cover of those who helped them to fish out these killers. There is need to provide them and their families with adequate security.
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by lacasa: 12:38am On Jun 14, 2013
Am i dreaming

But i was meant to believe that lacasa tongue, alfuri etc. all northerners,n all muslims esp those in the north, were undoubtedly tagged as "Boko-Haram" on Nairaland forum

#... Irrespective of facts n indigenous loss of life andd property felt by same northerners

......Does this mean that 95% of nairalanders are 2-faced, Shameless, Hypocrites without the slightest sense of conviction

(..................My, oh My................)

How the Tables have turned!

2 Likes

Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 14, 2013
lacasa: Am i dreaming

But i was meant to believe that lacasa tongue, alfuri etc. all northerners,n all muslims esp those in the north, were undoubtedly tagged as "Boko-Haram" on Nairaland forum

#... Irrespective of facts n indigenous loss of life andd property felt by same northerners

......Does this mean that 95% of nairalanders are 2-faced, Shameless, Hypocrites without the slightest sense of conviction

(..................My, oh My................)

How the Tables have turned!

The truth hurts so bad and I just pointed it to their faces that not all Muslims are terrrists. I am not a Muslim but someone had to say it. I am ashamed of these miscreants branding all muslims as "terrorist". The Northerners are victims of Boko Haram too. The government should have gone there a year and half ago and kill these terrorists. It's a shame Jonathan went there too late. Imagine how many lives that would have been saved if he had authorized the JTF to go there long time ago.
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by babaowo: 1:46am On Jun 14, 2013
otele:

No where else cheesy
What about me? I'm Nigerian, but I'm British born and bred. God bless the UK too wink

Ahaa, and T&T too. . for ma mummy's sake smiley

Well, good to hear that Nigerian Muslims are fishing out the terrorists hiding in their midst. If only the BBC will also report this for the world to know.
... bbc will not report good thing about Nigeria because united kingdom is No 1 enemy of Nigeria...
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by DarkFive: 2:03am On Jun 14, 2013
Source please
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by nijanigga: 2:56am On Jun 14, 2013
If only the youths can form similar civilian jtf to chase gej back to the creeks, after defecating in addis-abba and looting the national treasury beyond human comprehension.
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by iconaus: 3:06am On Jun 14, 2013
payless:

The truth hurts so bad and I just pointed it to their faces that not all Muslims are terrrists. I am not a Muslim but someone had to say it. I am ashamed of these miscreants branding all muslims as "terrorist". The Northerners are victims of Boko Haram too. The government should have gone there a year and half ago and kill these terrorists. It's a shame Jonathan went there too late. Imagine how many lives that would have been saved if he had authorized the JTF to go there long time ago.

Your still talking trash . i think u re a muslim . you gonna focus on the topic of discussion . give credit to whom credit is due . Your points are childish . Give credit to those youth who re using the opportunity well . It is obvious not all muslims are supporting Boko. Again u gona praise GEj ; he gave them enough time to repent as any wise civilian government ll do but Boko boys proved too tough and above the government . So hail Gej - he took a bold step despite strong opposition from the North and some people from SW.

2 Likes

Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by iconaus: 3:08am On Jun 14, 2013
payless:

Our people need orientation and good education before we can achieve big things in Nigeria. If someone introduces a policy we don't understand, there is no need to discount and destroy that policy. We need to actually study what the policy is meant to achieve instead of just saying no without knowing the reason for saying no. Community policing is what we need in Nigeria in order to start solving problems. With community policing, Boko Haram problem would have been a thing of the past if some people in the government haven't castigated people who should have been of help to bringing these killers to justice.

I am a criminologist too and I know so much about criminal justice system. Imagine we are still finding it difficult to solve murder cases in Nigeria. How can a Minister for Justice be killed in a country without bringing the killers to justice?

You re the one that needs good education and orientation

1 Like

Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by rawtruth(m): 3:29am On Jun 14, 2013
payless: Those youths are the same Muslims you and your SE ilks have been tagged as terrorists in the last three years. You and your ilks have tagged all these Muslims in the North as Islamic terrorists. These Muslim youths have been victims of violent acts being perpetrated by Boko Haramists. I can see the plank in your eyes has finally been removed and you can now see clearly and give kudos to these kids. Recently, you also started your religious war in the South with Governor Aregbe running an "Islamist governemnt".

In the past, you have berated many Muslims on this forum as being terrorists .

https://www.nairaland.com/1230897/aregbesola-promoting-islamic-agenda-osun

Your reasoning is poor: they refused to do the right thing so they were criticised; they are now doing the right thing so they are being praised. What, to your upside-down sense of reasoning, is wrong with that?

1 Like

Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by automaticcarzz: 3:37am On Jun 14, 2013
icon aus:

You re the one that needs good education and orientation
No one should have time for an uncultured kid like you.
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by automaticcarzz: 3:42am On Jun 14, 2013
rawtruth:

Your reasoning is poor: they refused to do the right thing so they were criticised; they are now doing the right thing so they are being praised. What, to your upside-down sense of reasoning, is wrong with that?
Foolish kid you are. How did you expect the youths to help when the govt failed to act at the appropriate time? Oponu!

1 Like

Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by automaticcarzz: 3:46am On Jun 14, 2013
icon aus:

Your still talking trash . i think u re a muslim . you gonna focus on the topic of discussion . give credit to whom credit is due . Your points are childish . Give credit to those youth who re using the opportunity well . It is obvious not all muslims are supporting Boko. Again u gona praise GEj ; he gave them enough time to repent as any wise civilian government ll do but Boko boys proved too tough and above the government . So hail Gej - he took a bold step despite strong opposition from the North and some people from SW.
Now you think someone with different thought must be a Muslim for not thinking stup.idly like you. So anyone who have certain view different from you and your ilk must be a muslim? What an idi0t!

1 Like

Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by Nobody: 3:47am On Jun 14, 2013
payless: Those youths are the same Muslims you and your SE ilks have been tagged as terrorists in the last three years. You and your ilks have tagged all these Muslims in the North as Islamic terrorists. These Muslim youths have been victims of violent acts being perpetrated by Boko Haramists. I can see the plank in your eyes has finally been removed and you can now see clearly and give kudos to these kids. Recently, you also started your religious war in the South with Governor Aregbe running an "Islamist governemnt".

Why is that the SE gives you sleepless nights? Thise youths just realised the effect of boko haram activitys on their domain, why didn't they start de civilian JTF before now? Moreover are they arresting those terrorist unarmed? This story doesn't add up.

1 Like

Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by halogen02: 4:27am On Jun 14, 2013
3 Gbosa for the JTF...GBOSA! GBOSA!! GBOSA!!! Keep the good work going and flush all these boko-haramist out of our good northern brothers!
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 14, 2013
princenonny: God bless GEJ....God bless nigeria and no whr else
how selfish
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 14, 2013

dey neva said muslim youths...read again....
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by cyril83(m): 6:08am On Jun 14, 2013
This is what niger-delta youths should have done to hunt down the militants. Two fingers in the air for the brave and gallant youths.

1 Like

Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by Greatken007(m): 6:16am On Jun 14, 2013

DONT YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU ACCOMMODATE A THIEF YOU ARE ALSO A THIEF,LIKEWISE,IF YOU ACCOMMODATE A TERRORIST YOU ARE ALSO ONE,UNTIL THE YOUTH OPENLY FIGHT AGAINST THEM(BH)THAT TAG WILL STILL BE THER

Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by Foodconsumer(m): 6:38am On Jun 14, 2013
ATM-CARD:
.I wish them more virgins 2 their elbows.Double portions 4 each an evry1 of them,dats 4rm 72 virgins-144.Under merit.
LAME!
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by HZwriters: 6:41am On Jun 14, 2013
I doff my cap for these youths "civilian JTF" all the best in this struggle
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 14, 2013
Jst passingby.,bt were z d s0urce
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 14, 2013
tbaba1234:

You don't go into a gunfight with bare hands. People fear for their lives and that of their families. It is natural. It does NOT necessarily translate to providing a 'safe haven'. It is easy to criticize in the safety of your bedroom.

With the JTF in better control of the situation, it is easier for locals to pick out the criminals in their society because these BH guys do not have the same control, they once had.

for that JEG should be given a plus for having the courage to declear SOE even though some northern muslems like buhari and tanbuwa are playing politic with it.
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by mu2sa2: 7:12am On Jun 14, 2013
Borno elders must be commended for this initiative. This "civilian jtf" is the creation of Borno locals, not Gej or FG. The good people of Borno represented by the elders had called on FG to withdraw JTF, saying they hav the capacity to return peace to Borno. The elders are now vindicated. These civilians are catching suspects without weapons- something jtf couldn't do successfully even with heavily armoured vehicles at their disposal.
The boko haram crises has once again proven the futility of violence. Mohammed Yusuf started Boko haram in 2002. They went about their preaching activities peacefully until 2009 when ex-gov sheriff started using police to kill bh boys for political reasons. Boko haram responded by arming themselves.
When it became obvious that police could not contain bh, FG intervened with JTF.
Violence escalated. Boko haram were killing; jtf was killing. Ordinary people bore the brunt of the violence unleashed by boko haram terrorists and indisciplined, often drunken jtf men. Until the State emergency was declared jtf killed more innocent people than boko haram.
Violence is an ill-wind. This crises would not hav escalated if it had been handled imaginatively.
I just hope that this civilian jtf is handled carefully so that it doesn't turn out to be another monster. MEND, Bakassi boys, OPC etc all started like this.
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by Candybob(m): 7:22am On Jun 14, 2013
payless:

Bringing up the past blah blah blah.........

I just pointed out your bigotry and deception. You are now only trying to use those Muslim youths to butress your point. The same Muslims from the North you have called "terrorists" in the past.
. Why do you keep yappin on about muslim youths, where was muslim youth mentioned in this post? It is this kind of stereotype that we need to correct, all borno youth are not muslims! By the way i say gbosa to those youth who have finally decided to to come and and do what we have been advocating, how can we as youth allow some relevance seeking maniacs hold our people to ransome? GBOSA TO THE ANTI-BOKOHARAM. I just pray they dont witch hunt some innocent peeps as well...

1 Like

Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by Hillaco: 7:27am On Jun 14, 2013
am so happy for dis development, may God bless the youth and empower them.
Re: Shout-out To "Civilian JTF" In Borno by 55gal(m): 7:29am On Jun 14, 2013
pls.let me use this opportunity to ask if anyone here know if University Of Maiduguri have commenced the second semester exam.Anyone with info should help out here.Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio / "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima / Ifeanyi Aniagboh Visits Buhari Declares Support For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.