Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

**ee - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / **ee (18566 Views)

How To Cope With A Spouse That Steals From You / Your Wife Or Your Extended Family / How To Deal With A Maid That Steals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: **ee by sethxy: 4:05pm On Jun 18, 2013
she has been doing it even before she got married.
Re: **ee by Okijajuju1(m): 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
Any man whose wife has to resort to stealing his money for any reason is not worthy to be called a MAN angry

My wife does not need to steal from me.. If my money gets missing in my home, I automatically assume she took it and I dont bother about it.

O.P: Go and hussle to make money! When your money is long, your wife steals your 1 million, you no go even notice till after 1 year when them bring you account statement.

Kai!!

**Picks phone and calls my Nwa baby.. ** Baby'm, biko go to my wardrobe, open the green Ghana-must-go, take some money there and go shopping.. Its been 2 weeks since you last shopped..

2 Likes

Re: **ee by originaldave: 4:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
babyosisi:

All you stingy men
How dare you call your wife a thief angry angry
U need to ask for forgiveness immediately

My husband was hiding his wallet and sometimes putting it under his pillow just because I was taking little chicken change from it for lunch
Nonsense !! wink
How can a woman steal from her own husband
Are we not joined in holy matrimony again?
In Igboland wives are lovingly called odoziaku which translates to mean " the one who arranges the wealth"
Your own is to bring in the money,allow me to arrange it na ,as expected
I pitied him sha one day long ago when we had no credit cards ,he came home ranting about how he was so embarrassed at the store When it was time to pay and he Opened his wallet and the cash was depleted grin tongue tongue tongue
I said ewoooo, di m oma
I am so sorry tongue tongue tongue
But did it stop me ?
Whosai cool cool
If a man has 5 $20 bills in the wallet I bought him for Christmas why can't a woman who bore him bouncing baby boys take one or two $20 as the spirit leads
I don't do it as much anymore
I now ask him first and if he says no i have no cash on me and I go to the wallet and see cash,he can't come back and claim that he had cash grin
Abi?
Love u boo wink badooo baaadoo ,see how u make am sweet!

Re: **ee by logica(m): 4:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
dayokanu:

You know fuel bought is not returnable, and he might even get embarrased for trying to play a fast one.

So are you also free to pack your wifes jewelry and go sell it, your wife come home pack the TV and go sell, while you carry her car and go sell?

LMAO. That is why you need your ATM Card handy. Ol boy, yes you can. That is why a male or female, you need to know who you are marrying. Have you not heard of dudes that marry ghetto chicks and come back from work one day, and all their stuff don disfarahan? E go do you like film trick. When they call the police, those ones will come and tell you that it is a domestic issue and they cannot get involved.
Re: **ee by onitshaigbo(m): 4:11pm On Jun 18, 2013
babyosisi:

All you stingy men

My husband was hiding his wallet and sometimes putting it under his pillow just because I was taking little chicken change from it for lunch
Nonsense !! wink
In Igboland wives are lovingly called odoziaku which translates to mean " the one who arranges the wealth"
I pitied him sha one day long ago when we had no credit cards ,he came home ranting about how he was so embarrassed at the store When it was time to pay and he Opened his wallet and the cash was depleted grin tongue tongue tongue
I said ewoooo, di m oma
But did it stop me ?
Whosai cool cool
If a man has 5 $20 bills in the wallet I bought him for Christmas why can't a woman who bore him bouncing baby boys take one or two $20 as the spirit leads
I now ask him first and if he says no i have no cash on me and I go to the wallet and see cash,he can't come back and claim that he had cash grin
Abi?
Love u boo wink

I'm Igbo too, and I agree that my wife should be able to take money from my wallet. But I expect her to let me know about it and certainly not deny it when I ask.

It's so important to choose a wife wisely. I could never marry a thief.
Re: **ee by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 18, 2013
babyosisi:

All you stingy men

Nonsense !! wink
I said ewoooo, di m oma
But did it stop me ?
Whosai cool cool
Abi?
Love u boo wink

Dis one na babi oku

2 Likes

Re: **ee by obyo: 4:21pm On Jun 18, 2013
Most women do that, the problem here is lieing about it, hubby money is more sweeter[color=#000099][/color]
Re: **ee by baby124: 4:22pm On Jun 18, 2013
victorD3:

You married a thief my brother and trust me she will steal more if she has access to your bank accounts

As in, this is a big fear. One day, your wallet will not be enough. Your life will be next, these people are insatiable. It is an illness.

1 Like

Re: **ee by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
chaircover: Its wrong.

Its wrong because someone else has been accused of taking the money, which isnt fair
Its wrong because she knows that the hubby is always looking for his money
Its wrong because she has access to money. The poster said there was a 50k in the room
Its wrong because her husband doesn't like it
its wrong because they dont have that kind of relationship

@poster you need to sit your wife down and ask her why she does it. it could well be that her allowance is not enough, or you keep on asking her to account for everything she spends (some men do and think they know prices of items in the market more than their wives)

Do you give her a free hand with money?

Why do you threaten to cut her allowance? what will that achieve? More "stealing" I would have thought. Have you also considered that she may be taking the money to save for a rainy day since you seem to like to threaten that you will cut allowances.

There is a difference between having access to ones husbands money and a difference between having free use of the money. if she is going to have to account for every penny she spends, then you havent really given her the money if you get what I mean.

Anyhow have a chat with her and encourage her to open up to you as to why she is doing this. Who knows she might be thinking that you squander money away too much and she is "saving" the money for a rainy day. Ask her sha she may or may not come up with a reason that will really surprise you.

chaircover the wise
Re: **ee by originaldave: 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2013
oga if your wife takes money from ur wallet and u think you dnt like it,what you nid to do is stop putting your money inside ur wallet.and stop turnin your wife into a wallet thief she ist your girlfriend ,give your wife enof money and stop keeping money carelessly .because weda u lyk it or not its not all women dat can see a careless money in the house and return it to there husbands them like money pass you,they can only make it known after spending it you maried her so handle her well,i can only take it to be somthi n els if she takes money out from the bulk cash,you still get luck bthat.what you should be after is what exactly does she do with d cash......... my felo man its normal lets keep our family safe!
Re: **ee by Okijajuju1(m): 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
hectortex: I have got this little problem. Am a cash person, i carry much cash around more than i might need at a time.
At first i blamed my sister for the shortages i encounter because she used to do that way before i got married until she swore to me she dosent have access to my money with my wife around. my wife has also been privy to my decision to cut her allowances on several occassions cos of this same issue. until this morning, i discovered yet another shortage and due to a mild fever last nite, i was practically in our room the whole nite. so there was no question of anybody else taking anything in my absence. Ok i was very mad so i grilled her and threatened to make things difficult if i didnt get the money all the while hoping i was wrong about her.
this evening she opened up on how she did it and has been doing it for a while.
my problem is not like she hasnt got money, i make sure of that. she got access to about 50grand right inside our room but couldnt take her hands off my wallet.
i dont know how to handle this; am thinking of pulling a plug on all her allowances except the very basic ones and keeping my wallet far above her reach. I just dont know if its a right move.
If you were in my shoes,what would you do??

N.B: mod please i would want this to remain here in the family section

Look at the highlighted portion... 50'k.. in 2013!!

You need Jesus..

Your wife takes money from your wallet.. Stop hiding it. Make it available to her. let her know that she can go in and take money without your consent. Let her know that all she has to do is inform you later that she took out money.

You sound like a controlling stingy MOFO!!
Re: **ee by originaldave: 4:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
hectortex: I have got this little problem. Am a cash person, i carry much cash around more than i might need at a time.
At first i blamed my sister for the shortages i encounter because she used to do that way before i got married until she swore to me she dosent have access to my money with my wife around. my wife has also been privy to my decision to cut her allowances on several occassions cos of this same issue. until this morning, i discovered yet another shortage and due to a mild fever last nite, i was practically in our room the whole nite. so there was no question of anybody else taking anything in my absence. Ok i was very mad so i grilled her and threatened to make things difficult if i didnt get the money all the while hoping i was wrong about her.
this evening she opened up on how she did it and has been doing it for a while.
my problem is not like she hasnt got money, i make sure of that. she got access to about 50grand right inside our room but couldnt take her hands off my wallet.
i dont know how to handle this; am thinking of pulling a plug on all her allowances except the very basic ones and keeping my wallet far above her reach. I just dont know if its a right move.
If you were in my shoes,what would you do??

N.B: mod please i would want this to remain here in the family section
oga if your wife takes money from ur wallet and u think you dnt like it,what you nid to do is stop putting your money inside ur wallet.and stop turnin your wife into a wallet thief she ist your girlfriend ,give your wife enof money and stop keeping money carelessly .because weda u lyk it or not its not all women dat can see a careless money in the house and return it to there husbands them like money pass you,they can only make it known after spending it you maried her so handle her well,i can only take it to be somthi n els if she takes money out from the bulk cash,you still get luck bthat.what you should be after is what exactly does she do with d cash......... my felo man its normal lets keep our family safe!
Re: **ee by IYANGBALI: 4:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
babyosisi:

All you stingy men

Nonsense !! wink
I said ewoooo, di m oma
But did it stop me ?
Whosai cool cool
Abi?
Love u boo wink

when you take something that does not belong to you without telling the owner,madam na thief be dat,so madam you be original thief

1 Like

Re: **ee by logica(m): 4:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
baby_123:

As in, this is a big fear. One day, your wallet will not be enough. Your life will be next, these people are insatiable. It is an illness.
Haba. The only problem is that she lied about it (even though she later confessed). If money is missing I wouldn't even know. I always tell my wife: na both of us go drink garri together. No wahala. Even if I noticed a shortage and ask her, if she tried to keep a straight face, she would just start laughing. But for the dude here, I no know ooh.
Re: **ee by IYANGBALI: 4:28pm On Jun 18, 2013
Okija_juju:

You need Jesus..

Your wife takes money from your wallet.. Stop hiding it. Make it available to her. let her know that she can go in and take money without your consent. Let her know that all she has to do is inform you later that she took out money.

he sure is
Re: **ee by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
Chaircover is a wise woman smiley
Babyosisi is my kind of person. grin
Okija juju will u marry me? wink
Jade william,you're a trouble maker. grin
Kai u wan add salt on top injury
Pipsland,u funny die cheesy
Richy if okija juju says no,then will marry me grin
@ topic on a serious note,me thinks the op is exaggerating a bit on keeping the 50k constant.
Unless the wife has extra problems to solve with the money.
No money your wife takes from you is stolen.
Unless she spends it on another man,then it's stealing
Re: **ee by Nuzo1(m): 4:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
Its so unfortunate that most of the working class "independent" young ladies here are involved or in support of the silly act of stealing from their husbands while they use the "we are one" phrase to make the "crime" look as if its nothing.

I wouldn't mind handing over my credit cards and cheque books to my wife...but its a NO NO to touch little change in my wallet secretly.

I just can't stand liars....not to talk of a lying wife. shocked

1 Like

Re: **ee by dammytosh: 4:31pm On Jun 18, 2013
Okija_juju:

You need Jesus..

This post makes no sense and i guess you are tricking gullible female nairalanders to bliv u are that generous.

I saw '50k in 2013' in your post, that is somebody's monthly gross before tax.

Besides, if your wife takes your money uncontrolably and your daughter and sons take after her, you will allow them become arme robbers all in the name of afterall , they are your kids.

Common call a spade a spade.

She stole the money, kept quiet until he threatend her before she confessed to it. THAT IS STEALING nothing romantic about it.

She has been stealing the money and watch her husband harrass her sister in law and she kept quiet until a threat before she confessed.

50k as petty cash within the house is not bad even if you are more comfortable than you portray on Nairaland page. If your wife spends more than that sporadically, you are not rich, you are heading a family that lacks discipline and organization. ok ?

5 Likes

Re: **ee by Okijajuju1(m): 4:31pm On Jun 18, 2013
IYA NGBALI: he sure is

No mind am..

Me wey my phone go just show alert.. My wife don withdraw straight from my account nko?! If na this guy, na to divorce her be that, because she don graduate from thief to Armed Robber.. grin

Wallet money! How much can it possibly be?! Maximum.. 10'k (assuming they are in 1000 naira note.) No wallet can take more than one bundle of money.
Re: **ee by mesther96(f): 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
oga ooo.if na dose useless prostitutes dey cal gfs,,dem no go talk ooo.

dts y we ladies shd try 2 b independent 2 sme extent,,,dnt depend on ur husband's wallet nt to talk of stealing!!!

dz is wat u gain in return afta dose beautiful gals n handsme boys u produced 4 im!!?
Re: **ee by IYANGBALI: 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
Okija_juju: Any man whose wife has to resort to stealing his money for any reason is not worthy to be called a MAN angry

My wife does not need to steal from me.. If my money gets missing in my home, I automatically assume she took it and I dont bother about it.

O.P: Go and hussle to make money! When your money is long, your wife steals your 1 million, you no go even notice till after 1 year when them bring you account statement.

Kai!!

**Picks phone and calls my Nwa baby.. ** Baby'm, biko go to my wardrobe, open the green Ghana-must-go, take some money there and go shopping.. Its been 2 weeks since you last shopped..
abeg stop this your yeye bragging,courtesy demands she tells me after “stealing” the money. The action is nothing but baba nla stealing
Re: **ee by logica(m): 4:35pm On Jun 18, 2013
dammytosh:

Besides, if you wife takes your money uncontrolabbly and your daughter and sons take after her, you will say afterall , they are your kids.
You need experience. Let me give you a practical exam; when your child is of age and he or she takes your car without your permission, call the police and see whether or not he gets arrested. Then do the same to your wife and see if she gets arrested. I can tell you right off, your child will be arrested, and your wife won't. I am just being practical.
Re: **ee by dayokanu(m): 4:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
m.esther96:
oga ooo.if na dose useless prostitutes dey cal gfs,,dem no go talk ooo.

dts y we ladies shd try 2 b independent 2 sme extent,,,dnt depend on ur husband's wallet nt to talk of stealing!!!

dz is wat u gain in return afta dose beautiful gals n handsme boys u produced 4 im!!?

Didnt your parents collect yams and brideprice from him?

moreover were you forced to have those kids or you told him you are having those kids so you can get paid?

1 Like

Re: **ee by dammytosh: 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
logica: You need experience. Let me give you a practical exam; when your child is of age and he or she takes your car without your permission, call the police and see whether or not he gets arrested. Then do the same to your wife and see if she gets arrested. I can tell you right off, your child will be arrested, and your wife won't. I am just being practical.

Bros, i get your drift. This case is very different except the correct picture was not painted.

If she has access to the wallet, needed money, used it and inform the hubby, i don't have any problem with that but she took the money, probably heard hubby accuse some one else and was silent.

Until all evidence point to her before saying yes. That is embarrasing and it is called stealing. Even if the guy is stingy., worst case, spend and tell him "O boy i have used the money i found in ur wallet for xyz"

1 Like

Re: **ee by logica(m): 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
dayokanu:

moreover were you forced to have those kids or you told him you are having those kids so you can get paid?
LMAO at sold for the price of yam tubers.
Re: **ee by Okijajuju1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
dammytosh:

This post makes no sense and i guess you are tricking gullible female nairalanders to bliv u are that generous.

I saw '50k in 2013' in your post, that is somebody's monthly gross before tax.

Besides, if you wife takes your money uncontrolably and your daughter and sons take after her, you will allow them become arme robbers all in the name of afterall , they are your kids.

Common call a spade a spade.

She stole the money, kept quiet until he threatend her before she confessed to it. THAT IS STEALING nothing romantic about it.

50k as petty cash within the house is not bad even if you are more comfortable than you portray on Nairaland page. If your wife spends more than that sporadically, you are not rich, you are heading a family that lacks discipline and organization. ok ?

[b]Generous?! NO!! I cant be generous to myself. If this OP saw his wife as part of him, then this would not ba an issue. Leave the kids out of this (no time to cheap sentiments here).. His wallet is her wallet. If 50'k is his gross, then he needs to go and up his hussle because thats beer paalour money (no apologies).

I am also married.. My wife has full access to my money. I can get a random alert and I will simply call and enquire if she just made a transaction on my account. She ofcourse wuld tell me why and I'm happy she isnt a reckless spender. This is because I am financially open with my wife. Do you realize that you only steal that which you cant get. If his wife steals his money, then that means she cant get his money.

Uncontrollably?! If he is open with her and she knows his financial standing and dealings, I doubt she would take his money recklessly.. Except he married a triffling hoe which themn means, this post is not for him.

The dude should go and be open with his wife. If his wife is stealing from him, then he has fuuucccked up! Marriage is not for kids hommie! [/b]

1 Like

Re: **ee by logica(m): 4:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
dammytosh:

Bros, i get your drift. This case is very different except the correct picture was not painted.

If she has access to the wallet, needed money, used it and inform the hubby, i don't have any problem with that but she took the money, probably heard hubby accuse some one else and was silent.

Until all evidence point to her before saying yes. That is embarrasing and it is called stealing. Even if the guy is stingy., worst case, spend and tell him "O boy i have used the money i found in ur wallet for xyz"
I agree it is distasteful. But he cannot call it stealing. At least as far as the law is concerned. He should describe it with another term.
Re: **ee by Ishilove: 4:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
onitshaigbo:

I'm Igbo too, and I agree that my wife should be able to take money from my wallet. But I expect her to let me know about it and certainly not deny it when I ask.

It's so important to choose a wife wisely. I could never marry a thief.
Chei, see stingy koko!! shocked
Re: **ee by adexsimply(m): 4:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Generous?! NO!! I cant be generous to myself. If this OP saw his wife as part of him, then this would not ba an issue. Leave the kids out of this (no time to cheap sentiments here).. His wallet is her wallet. If 50'k is his gross, then he needs to go and up his hussle because thats beer paalour money (no apologies).

I am also married.. My wife has full access to my money. I can get a random alert and I will simply call and enquire if she just made a transaction on my account. This is because I am financially open with my wife. Do you realize that you only steal that which you cant get. If his wife steals his money, then that means she cant get his money.

Uncontrollably?! If he is open with her and she knows his financial standing and dealings, I doubt she would take his money recklessly.. Except he married a triffling hoe which themn means, this post is not for him.

The dude should go and be open with his wife. If his wife is stealing from him, then he has fuuucccked up! Marriage is not for kids hommie! [/b]
shocked shocked shocked wonders shall never start!!!
Re: **ee by mesther96(f): 4:44pm On Jun 18, 2013
dayokanu:

yam wey no fit contain my parents 4 a week

kids wey go cary his father's name

compare n contrast
Re: **ee by Okijajuju1(m): 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
IYA NGBALI: abeg stop this your yeye bragging,courtesy demands she tells me after “stealing” the money. The action is nothing but baba nla stealing

Bragging ke?! I dey learn work..

Come to my shop in upper Iweka, let me spoil you like a small girl.. grin

Chief Ome Ego 1.. Onwa Japan.. grin
Re: **ee by Okijajuju1(m): 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
adexsimply: shocked shocked shocked wonders shall never start!!!

You shock abi!! grin

My white na next month!!

Trad since January..

grin

YUP!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sure Home Marriage Seminar On Zoom: A Focus On Money / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Ten (10) Ways That Helps To Uphold Dignity In The Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.