Stats: 3,167,105 members, 7,867,179 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:53 AM

Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! - Phones (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! (65204 Views)

V10: LG Launches A Smartphone With Two Screens And Two Selfie Cameras / How Long Do You Use A Phone Before Getting A New One? / Using Airtel Blackberry Subscription On A Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by eetohan(f): 11:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
ok, 'l appreciate dat, tanx.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
[quote author=PLANNER212][/quote]No vex sha, buh am not the thread owner, Sheelay is lol.....Buh i also helped by referring him to the right thread with real life users of the gadget in question. Its a good phone sha, Gionee is a good company aswell. would always recommend it
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by tomzman: 11:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
continuation of my earlier post...........

and with all the noise about BBM coming to android phones, I'm begining to think that blackberry is getting out of date, so I'm giving more priority to android. So, pls advise me oh!
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2013
tomzman: continuation of my earlier post...........

and with all the noise about BBM coming to android phones, I'm begining to think that blackberry is getting out of date, so I'm giving more priority to android. So, pls advise me oh!
Pls stick to Android, BB is about going into extinction lol. If yu can add some cash to it, yu can get a Galaxy Grand for about 45k and above. my little contribution tho
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by tomzman: 11:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
KingMEXX: Pls stick to Android, BB is about going into extinction lol. If yu can add some cash to it, yu can get a Galaxy Grand for about 45k and above. my little contribution tho
Hmmn 45k... would it be new or used.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
eetohan: ok, 'l appreciate dat, tanx.
Came across this phones - Gionee Ctrl V1 and Samsung Galaxy S duos. they fall within your defined price range and demands as well. You can browse more on the phones to make a choice
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
tomzman:
Hmmn 45k... would it be new or used.

New ofcourse. Its sold 49K at Slotlimited buh yu and I know that their phones are very expensive. You can check out Affordables, they should sell theirs around 45K. also check Microstation if yu stay in Lagos

Or you can check out the Gionee Elife E3, sold at about 35K. a marvelous device running Android 4.2 with a good battery life. i've handled the device before. They also have a discussion thread, check it out. My little contribution though
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by omotayos01(m): 12:03am On Sep 18, 2013
KingMEXX: New ofcourse. Its sold 49K at Slotlimited buh yu and I know that their phones are very expensive. You can check out Affordables, they should sell theirs around 45K. also check Microstation if yu stay in Lagos

Or you can check out the Gionee Elife E3, sold at about 35K. a marvelous device running Android 4.2 with a good battery life. i've handled the device before. They also have a discussion thread, check it out. My little contribution though
guy av u goten d phone u order for?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 18, 2013
omotayos01:
guy av u goten d phone u order for?
yep. got it for 52K. havent started browsing much with it cos my data plan don dey finish. so i have to continue with this my N900
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Spanishmario(m): 8:13am On Sep 18, 2013
I plan on getting HTC Amaze4G by dis week...plz wat r ur advice 2wards me....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Midegee(m): 8:24am On Sep 18, 2013
well done guys, pls where can I get original s3 battery and how much is it gonna cost
pls guys dnt ignore me coz I rili need ur help
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 18, 2013
Spanishmario: I plan on getting HTC Amaze4G by dis week...plz wat r ur advice 2wards me....
Nice phone, my only problem is that it doesnt have JB capabilities. buh like i always say, No Smartphone is perfect!
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Spanishmario(m): 9:06am On Sep 18, 2013
KingMEXX: Nice phone, my only problem is that it doesnt have JB capabilities. buh like i always say, No Smartphone is perfect!
bt wen I checked xdadevelopers, there z a way it can b installed...
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by victorix(m): 9:31am On Sep 18, 2013
KingMEXX: 3 things are involved here

1) Its either a stolen phone

2) Its either the phone has issues like battery problem etc or

3) worst still, it may be the chinko version of it.
You should be smart o, abi no be naija yu dey so??

yeah u re correct o,thanx man.becus d price is 2 gud 2 be true.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by victorix(m): 9:36am On Sep 18, 2013
pls guys,am thinking of d gionee ctrl v1.hw gud is it in terms of d display quality,size and design.

Also i head dat d be.social 2,hangs when playing sensor games like temple run.is it true?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 18, 2013
Spanishmario: bt wen I checked xdadevelopers, there z a way it can b installed...
That means through rooting. Remember that rooting voids your warranty, but it is worth it at the end
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 18, 2013
victorix:
yeah u re correct o,thanx man.becus d price is 2 gud 2 be true.
Yur welcome
victorix: pls guys,am thinking of d gionee ctrl v1.hw gud is it in terms of d display quality,size and design.

Also i head dat d be.social 2,hangs when playing sensor games like temple run.is it true?
I dont know much about Be social, buh Ctrl V1 is alot better sha. Try and do a small research on the two phones to be sure
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 9:59am On Sep 18, 2013
Thanks @ KingMEXX for filling in for me, been uber busy, my bestie and his Italian wife have been taking almost all of my time, been taking them all around lagos, and the wife is always with my fone cos she connects with my hotspot....... Would always chip in whenever I can..... Thanks y'all.....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Spanishmario(m): 10:06am On Sep 18, 2013
KingMEXX: That means through rooting. Remember that rooting voids your warranty, but it is worth it at the end
rooting voids your warranty...can yu xplain more on dat 4 me
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 18, 2013
sheelay: Thanks @ KingMEXX for filling in for me, been uber busy, my bestie and his Italian wife have been taking almost all of my time, been taking them all around lagos, and the wife is always with my fone cos she connects with my hotspot....... Would always chip in whenever I can..... Thanks y'all.....
Lol do make them feel @home....Good people, Great Nation....Ngeria kikiki

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by victorix(m): 10:39am On Sep 18, 2013
KingMEXX: Yur welcomeI dont know much about Be social, buh Ctrl V1 is alot better sha. Try and do a small research on the two phones to be sure

thankx.kingmexx i appriciate kiss
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 18, 2013
Spanishmario:
rooting voids your warranty...can yu xplain more on dat 4 me
Rooting actually does not directly void yur warranty but t is only when you make use of cwm recovery mod in the process of rooting that your warranty becomes void. Anyway, rooting ish is not my calling, am not a whiz in it lol. But in actual fact, When yu void the warranty, assistance provided by the service centre of the Phone makers would not be free again, they would charge you for every repair carried out on the phone. Hope i didnt confuse yu further grin
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 18, 2013
victorix:

thankx.kingmexx i appriciate kiss
lol Uwc. anytime dear, anytime.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Spanishmario(m): 10:47am On Sep 18, 2013
KingMEXX: Rooting actually does not directly void yur warranty but t is only when you make use of cwm recovery mod in the process of rooting that your warranty becomes void. Anyway, rooting ish is not my calling, am not a whiz in it lol. But in actual fact, When yu void the warranty, assistance provided by the service centre of the Phone makers would not be free again, they would charge you for every repair carried out on the phone. Hope i didnt confuse yu further grin
nah...fenkz 4 da info
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by hardeymorlar(m): 11:33am On Sep 18, 2013
Pls wat do U̶̲̥̅̊ guys think about d infinix race max Q
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by uhuns: 11:52am On Sep 18, 2013
eetohan: 4.0" i.e 4.0 inches screen...

Itohan
Just go for gionee or tecno
Gud specs for less than 16k.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 18, 2013
hardeymorlar: Pls wat do U̶̲̥̅̊ guys think about d infinix race max Q
If yu have actually done a research on the phone and yu find it convincing, then yur good to go. However, detailed specs of the phone cannot be gotten complete from the web. One thing you have to check is the battery capacity, operating system of the phone, GPU & processor speed and maybe the call quality, these are key problems most smartphones have esp battery. Infinix had a rough entry into the Nigerian market, i believe they are getting it right this time
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by hardeymorlar(m): 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
KingMEXX: If yu have actually done a research on the phone and yu find it convincing, then yur good to go. However, detailed specs of the phone cannot be gotten complete from the web. One thing you have to check is the battery capacity, operating system of the phone, GPU & processor speed and maybe the call quality, these are key problems most smartphones have esp battery. Infinix had a rough entry into the Nigerian market, i believe they are getting it right this time
okay,thanks
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by lovelani(m): 2:40pm On Sep 18, 2013
tomzman: Wow! I never saw this thread before I opened my thread today. Well, I would repost it here.
I am considering getting a new phone (either brand new or neatly used) and I currently have 3 offers I'm considering
1) A new or Uk used bb curve 7
2) A used bb bold 5
3) A new samsung galaxy ace
I dont intend to spend more than 30k and as such the highest of the 3 above which obviously is the bold 5 is being offered to me for exactly 30k. I need advice on which one to go for. Other suggestions are welcome.
Go for the Samsung Galaxy Ace....BB will soon go into extinction
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by tomzman: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
lovelani:
Go for the Samsung Galaxy Ace....BB will soon go into extinction

I still need more advice and suggestions, as much as I can get.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Okaka27(m): 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
best aNdroid phone ranges
N0 -N15,000- tecno m3
N15,000-N25,000- lg e455
N25,000-N35,000- gionee e5/tecno f7
N35,000-N45,000- samsung galaxy grand
N45,000-N70,000- samsung galaxy s3/lg nexus
N70,000-..upwards---htc1/galaxys4/ XperiaZ/lg optimus g pro
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
Okaka27: best aNdroid phone ranges
N0 -N15,000- tecno m3
N15,000-N25,000- lg e455
N25,000-N35,000- gionee e5/tecno f7
N35,000-N45,000- samsung galaxy grand
N45,000-N70,000- samsung galaxy s3/lg nexus
N70,000-..upwards---htc1/galaxys4/ XperiaZ/lg optimus g pro
depends on yur criteria yu used cos N45k - N70k should see the likes of Xperia Sp, Galaxy S3, Note 2, HtC one S etc and not the Nexus 4 (the phone has serious battery issues)....Permit me to also include Lg Optimus G2 at the expense of Optimus G pro, G2 is a beast. Also include Note 3 in the 70K upwards list grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (52) (Reply)

MTN Headquarters Office In Lagos, Nigeria (Photos) / TECNO Spark 4 (N34,500) Vs Infinix Hot 8 (N36,500) Which Should You Buy?(photos) / iNote Mini: A New Android Smartphone From Itel (coming Soon)