Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,997 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! - Phones (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! (65091 Views)

V10: LG Launches A Smartphone With Two Screens And Two Selfie Cameras / How Long Do You Use A Phone Before Getting A New One? / Using Airtel Blackberry Subscription On A Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2013
tomzman:
Thanks.

I still need more advice and suggestions, as much as I can get.
also check out Gionee Elife E3 and E5
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by victorix(m): 6:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
have don a gud research on d gionee p2 and am surely geting 1 soon.its a great.... phone even better dan d tecno-m3. kiss

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
victorix: have don a gud research on d gionee p2 and am surely geting 1 soon.its a great.... phone even better dan d tecno-m3. kiss
lol wish yu an enjoyable android experience
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by victorix(m): 6:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
KingMEXX: lol wish yu an enjoyable android experience

hehehe.thanx bro grin

what device re u flexing present?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by tomzman: 6:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
KingMEXX: also check out Gionee Elife E3 and E5
Thanks alot. I've done some research on the Gionee E3 and I think its quite cool. The only thing is that it seems more of a China phone to me. lol. Thanks all the same.

So far, all of you are saying I shouldn't go for the bold5. Hmmn it's tempting though. I still need more advice and suggestions o. I just want to have as many options as possible before I make my final choice. Maybe I should repost my question on this page again.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by victorix(m): 6:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
tomzman:
Thanks alot. I've done some research on the Gionee E3 and I think its quite cool. The only thing is that it seems more of a China phone to me. lol. Thanks all the same.

So far, all of you are saying I shouldn't go for the bold5. Hmmn it's tempting though. I still need more advice and suggestions o. I just want to have as many options as possible before I make my final choice. Maybe I should repost my question on this page again.

bro.i advice u to go 4 andriod.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by tomzman: 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
Here is my post again o!
tomzman:
I am considering getting a new phone (either brand new or neatly used) and I currently have 3 offers I'm considering
1) A new or Uk used bb curve 7
2) A used bb bold 5
3) A new samsung galaxy ace
I dont intend to spend more than 30k and as such the highest of the 3 above which obviously is the bold 5 is being offered to me for exactly 30k. I need advice on which one to go for. Other suggestions are welcome.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
victorix:

hehehe.thanx bro grin

what device re u flexing present?
uwc... using an Xperia SP
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by victorix(m): 7:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
KingMEXX: uwc... using an Xperia SP

dats kul.have u rooted it yet?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
tomzman:

Almost all the Android big guns are Asians even Samsung. Since yu have a favourite which is the Bold 5, yur free to go ahead. A nice phone it is in its own category
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
victorix:

dats kul.have u rooted it yet?
nah, just got it yesterday
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Emekayoung(m): 8:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
Wat happened to sheelay the owner of dis thread?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
Emekayoung: Wat happened to sheelay the owner of dis thread?
He's substituting as a tour guide for a young couple, how may I help yu sir??
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by victorix(m): 8:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
KingMEXX: nah, just got it yesterday

wow,thats nice.i guess u re enjoying it.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 9:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by CsmuneEy(m): 7:32am On Sep 19, 2013
KingMEXX: depends on yur criteria yu used cos N45k - N70k should see the likes of Xperia Sp, Galaxy S3, Note 2, HtC one S etc and not the Nexus 4 (the phone has serious battery issues)....Permit me to also include Lg Optimus G2 at the expense of Optimus G pro, G2 is a beast. Also include Note 3 in the 70K upwards list grin
the G2 has not been released yet.it has only been announced.check out the sony xperia z ultra and the newly announced z1,and of course,samsung's note 3.the htc one max is on the way too.absolute battering rams.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2013
pls o which phone is better btw tecno m3 and gionee p2? nd wat re d advantages of 1 ova d oda?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by smartnoni(m): 9:59am On Sep 19, 2013
hay! guys plz Is adviciable to exchange 3wks old tecno M3 wit cash for HTC senstation4g
pls I need ans asap

also what and wat am I to check
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Okaka27(m): 11:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
pleez abeg i need help
my mb just dey smoke and i'm just chatting on only whatsapp and i'm nt even browsing....
it seems 1mb is been deducted for every message
please my mb is finishing rapidly.wat seems to be d problem?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by tonardo(m): 1:31am On Sep 20, 2013
kadiri osewe: pls o which phone is better btw tecno m3 and gionee p2? nd wat re d advantages of 1 ova d oda?
gionee p2.
Why?
1.android jelly bean 4.2.2
2.battery life
3.4inch screen
4. Let me think,.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by tonardo(m): 1:40am On Sep 20, 2013
smartnoni: hay! guys plz Is adviciable to exchange 3wks old tecno M3 wit cash for HTC senstation4g
pls I need ans asap

CAPITAL NO.
How much cash are we talking?
Please why do u want to go for d HTC?
Let not the 4 G deceive u, u don't need it now.no network has 4g for now,.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Anthony5745: 7:26am On Sep 20, 2013
tonardo:
gionee p2.
Why?
1.android jelly bean 4.2.2
2.battery life
3.4inch screen
4. Let me think,.
tecno p5 has all dat with a better ba3 sef. Since i neva c p2 den i go port to p5
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Emrich(m): 7:27am On Sep 20, 2013
KingMEXX: That means through rooting. Remember that rooting voids your warranty, but it is worth it at the end
Why should someone that is buying a used phone be concerned with voiding warranty or not? I am sure anyone thinking of HTC Amaze 4g will have known new ones are not in the market anymore.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Emrich(m): 7:27am On Sep 20, 2013
KingMEXX: That means through rooting. Remember that rooting voids your warranty, but it is worth it at the end
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Onlytola(m): 11:35am On Sep 21, 2013
Hey guyz, Im new on this thread and I need an advice on what phone to go for. My specs are 4 inches nd above, android 4.0 and above(in case of lower os, phone must be upgradable to 4.0), bck camera 5mp and above(must NOT be tecno, abeg o), front camera, fm radio + durable battery. And price musn't be above 25k(or slighty above sha). Thinking of going for a samsung galaxy s2. Ps: i dont mind used phones, as long as its in gwd working cond. Thanks very much. Prospective sellers can ad my gmail, adeyilolaadetola@gmail.com. Waiting for your quotes
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Emekayoung(m): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2013
KingMEXX: He's substituting as a tour guide for a young couple, how may I help yu sir??
Nothing much,just wanted to ask him d flaws of galaxy grand duos,because i intend buying the fone but i dont wanna take a step i will regret later..
Can u be of help?
kingmexx pls answer me naa.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Emekayoung(m): 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2013
smartnoni: hay! guys plz Is adviciable to exchange 3wks old tecno M3 wit cash for HTC senstation4g
pls I need ans asap

Go for the htc if its not faulty,if the battery lasts long and lastly make sure its clean.
Htc is a high end tech,tecno is no where near Htc,just make sure d fone meets the above mentioned requirements and u're good to go,and dont let any tecno boy deceive u because they've not handled other gadgets apart frm tecno dats why they are all crazy abt tecno products.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
Bbm on android now!
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Spanishmario(m): 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2013
Emrich:
Why should someone that is buying a used phone be concerned with voiding warranty or not? I am sure anyone thinking of HTC Amaze 4g will have known new ones are not in the market anymore.
by used fone r yu trying 2 sae UK USED or 9ja USED
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Spanishmario(m): 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2013
Which oda HTC fones r of similar specs nd price wiv d HTC Amaze4G coz I heard Amaze4G ain't common in da mkt...fenkz
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2013
Spanishmario: Which oda HTC fones r of similar specs nd price wiv d HTC Amaze4G coz I heard Amaze4G ain't common in da mkt...fenkz
try google the htc sensation xe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (52) (Reply)

Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know / MTN Headquarters Office In Lagos, Nigeria (Photos) / TECNO Spark 4 (N34,500) Vs Infinix Hot 8 (N36,500) Which Should You Buy?(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.