Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,773 members, 7,862,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:54 PM

Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! - Phones (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! (65193 Views)

V10: LG Launches A Smartphone With Two Screens And Two Selfie Cameras / How Long Do You Use A Phone Before Getting A New One? / Using Airtel Blackberry Subscription On A Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by physise(m): 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2013
kuruptical: Folks between Samsung galaxy Core 18262 and Phantom A+ which is better pls am caught up in which to choose. do state the advantages and disadvantages pls
a+
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 24, 2013
sopoundz: errrrm d upgrading/updating of firmware, cn it b done by me or I need a professional phone tech guy?
nope yu can do it yurself. just activate yur internet and the alert would pop up
sopoundz: wah bou on 3/4G? How long wuld it last?
it lasted abt 9hrs cos I downloaded 3 games of 200mb each, it may last longer if yu use it well. ama post screenshot of the battery cycle the day I downloaded the games. this is a trick, if yu want to download games and save battery at same time, just start the download then turn off the screen. The phone can download more than 300mb in less than 10mins while consuming only 5% of battery. trust me.

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2013
KingMEXX: nope yu can do it yurself. just activate yur internet and the alert would pop upit lasted abt 9hrs cos I downloaded 3 games of 200mb each, it may last longer if yu use it well. ama post screenshot of the battery cycle the day I downloaded the games. this is a trick, if yu want to download games and save battery at same time, just start the download then turn off the screen. The phone can download more than 300mb in less than 10mins while consuming only 5% of battery. trust me.
which phone is it?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by WackyJ1(m): 3:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
KingMEXX: nope yu can do it yurself. just activate yur internet and the alert would pop upit lasted abt 9hrs cos I downloaded 3 games of 200mb each, it may last longer if yu use it well. ama post screenshot of the battery cycle the day I downloaded the games. this is a trick, if yu want to download games and save battery at same time, just start the download then turn off the screen. The phone can download more than 300mb in less than 10mins while consuming only 5% of battery. trust me.

Reply my own post too na

WackyJ1:
Which one you would say is the best all round especially when it comes to
1. Internal memory
2. Ram Size
3. Processor
4. Camera
5. Battery life
6. Screen Size (anyone higher than 4.3)

I am also thinking of going for the gionee E3 is there other better phone than it among the major brands for the same price range of 35 - 40k?

If there isn't which phone is the best among the major brand names (Samsung preferably or Xperia) for the Price range and specs mentioned above
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
leunamme93: which phone is it?
xperia sp
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
KingMEXX: xperia sp
how much does it cost?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by omotayos01(m): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
leunamme93: how much does it cost?
52k at afordables, 54k at slot.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 5:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
omotayos01:
52k at afordables, 54k at slot.
ok. Thanks.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Spanishmario(m): 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2013
KingMEXX: xperia sp
d list of xperia fones within dat range didn't match up in specs wiv HTC Amaze itz eida d screen r small, low internal memory, low RAM...any oda fone in mind?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by leunamme93(m): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2013
Samsung Galaxy s2 I9100 is available for sale. Works perfectly, very clean, black in colour and run 4.2.2 jellybean. Its rooted already so no hazzle. Price 33k. Negotiable though. Am in lagos. Call/text 08139164654
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
Spanishmario:
d list of xperia fones within dat range didn't match up in specs wiv HTC Amaze itz eida d screen r small, low internal memory, low RAM...any oda fone in mind?
check out Elife E3 once again, its the best pick amongst the lot
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sopoundz(m): 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2013
OMG!!! 300mb in 10minz?? Wow! Awesome, amazing! Thnks brah n 1 more fin plz wah ntwrk gv yu 300mb cuz its like android plan r 250mb
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Spanishmario(m): 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
KingMEXX: check out Elife E3 once again, its the best pick amongst the lot
checked d fone...fenkz guess ama stick 2 moi HTC
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
okay guyz help me out. I want to buy a smartphone by the end of this month. Which shuld i go 4. Tecno p5 or ginoee p2
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by alex110(m): 10:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
If sp is 52k why it is dat xperia t,tx are stil d same price with d sp
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 25, 2013
sopoundz: OMG!!! 300mb in 10minz?? Wow! Awesome, amazing! Thnks brah n 1 more fin plz wah ntwrk gv yu 300mb cuz its like android plan r 250mb
Uwc, everything depends also on the network strength. Mtn would download such in 1hr lol. and yea, I did the airtel 4Gb plan.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 25, 2013
alex110: If sp is 52k why it is dat xperia t,tx are stil d same price with d sp
Naija for yu
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Emrich(m): 7:23am On Sep 25, 2013
alex110: If sp is 52k why it is dat xperia t,tx are stil d same price with d sp
I have wondered about that as well, even xperia s is still in that price range. The only way out is for you to know the internals of a phone coz buying phones these day, using price to determine the better one just doesn't work.

I am considering Xperia SP bcoz I can use PS3 dualshock controller with it but Xperia ZR has better battery, plus it's user replaceable. Has anyone here used it, Xperia ZR, I need to know if the screen has Corning Gorilla glass.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sopoundz(m): 7:46am On Sep 25, 2013
KingMEXX: Uwc, everything depends also on the network strength. Mtn would download such in 1hr lol. and yea, I did the airtel 4Gb plan.
WoW!!!!! 4GB plan on android?? Dts awesome.#MovingtoAirtel
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 25, 2013
Emrich:
I have wondered about that as well, even xperia s is still in that price range. The only way out is for you to know the internals of a phone coz buying phones these day, using price to determine the better one just doesn't work.

I am considering Xperia SP bcoz I can use PS3 dualshock controller with it but Xperia ZR has better battery, plus it's user replaceable. Has anyone here used it, Xperia ZR, I need to know if the screen has Corning Gorilla glass.
Scratch resistant. and shatter proof glass. They should help
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 25, 2013
WackyJ1:

Reply my own post too na

so sorry, just saw yur post now. I think Elife E3 is the best pick in that price range. Also, check out Samsung galaxy grand, Galaxy ace duos, Elife E5, HTC one V, Galaxy s3 mini, Galaxy s duos and Xperia P
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by FKBZ: 10:48am On Sep 25, 2013
@KING MEXX, PLS ADVISE ON WHICH SONY XPERIA I CAN GET FOR FOR LESS THAN 40K,I NEED IT FOR GOOD PICTURE QUALITY,WATCHING VIDEOS AND GOOD BROWSING EXPERIENCE AND THAT I CAN ALSO USE TO TETHER MY OTHER ANDRIOD DEVICE.

ALSO IT MUST BE ABLE TO USE THE AIRTEL 1 MONTH PLAN I.E TO DOWNLOAD,SKYPE ETC.

PLS WHICH DO YOU TINK IS GOOD FOR 40K

PLS REPLY ASAP
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by kuruptical(m): 11:58am On Sep 25, 2013
physise: a+
why A+? what are the advantages over Galaxy core pls?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Spanishmario(m): 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
KingMEXX: Naija for yu
Btw xperia M and HTC Amaze4G.... Which 1 is preferable? M sum1 who loves gaming nd apps nd a picture freak
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 26, 2013
runzlord: okay guyz help me out. I want to buy a smartphone by the end of this month. Which shuld i go 4. Tecno p5 or ginoee p2
hello! Where are u guys?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by physise(m): 1:52am On Sep 26, 2013
kuruptical: why A+? what are the advantages over Galaxy core pls?
quadcore
better screen resolution
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by chr1s(m): 2:15am On Sep 26, 2013
Hw much does the SGS3 cost.nd can the ps3 controller be used wit it?pls reply asap
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by CsmuneEy(m): 7:18am On Sep 26, 2013
chr1s: Hw much does the SGS3 cost.nd can the ps3 controller be used wit it?pls reply asap
u should get the new one for between 55 and 65k,but i dont think the ps3 conttroller can be used with it.that function seems exclusive to sony products.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by CsmuneEy(m): 7:21am On Sep 26, 2013
Can someone tell me the obvious advantages major phone makers like samsung,sony,htc and lg have over makers like gionee,infinix and tecno?the price disparity is too obvious between these two classes.are we being cheated by the bigger boys?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 26, 2013
runzlord:
hello! Where are u guys?
Go for Gionee, the phone can do quite alot. and rooting it is quite easy cos it has the backing of many gurus, check out Xda-developers
C@$# mun€£¥:
Can someone tell me the obvious advantages major phone makers like samsung,sony,htc and lg have over makers like gionee,infinix and tecno?the price disparity is too obvious between these two classes.are we being cheated by the bigger boys?
Most local Chinese companies make use of mediatek chips which are very cheap when compared to Snapdragon Qualcomm, Tegra etc Thats why Chinese phones are kinda cheap
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by alex110(m): 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
Guy but some chinese phones mke use of qualcomm nd dey are stil cheap lyk huawei even faea f1(but dis one is pre orderin)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (52) (Reply)

MTN Headquarters Office In Lagos, Nigeria (Photos) / TECNO Spark 4 (N34,500) Vs Infinix Hot 8 (N36,500) Which Should You Buy?(photos) / iNote Mini: A New Android Smartphone From Itel (coming Soon)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.