Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? (4831 Views)

8 Places Materialistic Ladies Choose For Valentine That Scare Many Guys Away / 13 Things Women Do Only When They Are Not Interested In You. / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by vbabe1(f): 9:28am On May 08, 2008
WHY ARE MANY GUYS NOT INTERESTED IN MARRIAGE?
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by Nobody: 9:38am On May 08, 2008
r u speaking from experience?
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by OZD(m): 9:42am On May 08, 2008
@v-babe,
am interested, mail me@ vlan88@yahoo.com
also see my thread on . . .I need a wife on dating section wink
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by Nobody: 9:50am On May 08, 2008
Because they are scared of committments. A sign of irresponsibility I'd say. Girls learn how to zip up till marriage, guys will have to get married to get it!!!
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by Easybaby(f): 9:52am On May 08, 2008
But some ladies are not ready get married too tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by OZD(m): 9:54am On May 08, 2008
@uju,
can i meet you, if you wouldn't mind?
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by 9jaboi1(m): 9:55am On May 08, 2008
Because life is long,
how do u want us 2 enjoy only one thing evryday?
omo we need 2 explore,
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by zignor(m): 10:12am On May 08, 2008
hmmm . . .from lady too grin grin
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by femi4: 10:38am On May 08, 2008
Basically it has 2 do with the fear of facing alot of responsibility and d tots of not having enough financially and emotionally 2 face such responsibility
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by welli(f): 10:42am On May 08, 2008
femi4:

Basically it has 2 do with  the fear of facing alot of responsibility and d tots of not having enough financially and emotionally 2 face such responsibility

gbam!!!
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by desodgi(m): 10:56am On May 08, 2008
v-babe:

cUzz most girls are rushing them into it. cheesy
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by albridge(m): 12:34pm On May 08, 2008
well the truth is that some guys are not and some are. take me for instance, very ready and very willing. but i need a woman who is down to earth and ready to build with me. most girls still want a ready made husband with a private jet and a private island for romantic get aways. that is of course till they get to 28yrs and are still single. at that time they are now ready to take another look at the upcoming guys who they wouldn't give a second look to yesterday; some of whom by the way would have made it by then and will be hooked with other women. suddenly most women wake up to the harsh reality that life is not exactly like the mills and boons romance novels they had tailored their expectations to.
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by HRhotness(f): 12:40pm On May 08, 2008
cuz quite a number of them are immature and not ready for that kind of responsibilty (they can hardly take proper care of themselves)
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by ztyle(m): 12:57pm On May 08, 2008
v-babe:

marriage is not an easy task,and its not something we just jump into like that,i believe that there is time for everything.
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by izeek(m): 1:04pm On May 08, 2008
when was your survey taking, because the recent one wey i dey see, young boys of 24 upwards dey marry now.

the last wedding u attended, what was the guys age.

leave story because that analysis is a far cry from what is obtainable now.

am married, am 26.
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by frank316(m): 1:15pm On May 08, 2008
because there are not enof worthy women to get married to. the good girls are few and the many good guys outnumber them. so we are waiting for the bad girls to repent and turn good.
till then we can still catch fun and feed our lust and sexual desire with the bad girl who dont want to turn good
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by BeckyCrown: 1:44pm On May 08, 2008
I think it's becos of their covetousness of wanting to have sis. A and sis. B at the same time they are not ready to abide on staying solely with one person all theirlife.

They want to always feel among in the society that they are really digging dip with babes, some is becos of the fares of life, some are spiritual problem. to some its personal, some others they want 100% of their choice of lady which is never possible. to some is becos they can not perform has a man that's why they tell u as for marriage forget it.

My prayer is that may we not fall victim of any and for him to help us and see us through.

Good day!
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by tngtech(m): 1:45pm On May 08, 2008
because they don't want to leave their groovy life. And mostly because of commitment. Guys are not ready to answer the name husband yet.
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by ModeTen: 11:06am On May 09, 2008
sorry for interrupting the ur lovely conversation. pls i want post a new topic can someone put me true ?
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by lucabrasi(m): 1:05pm On May 09, 2008
because most gurls want a ready made man and not the one struggling,most want a denzel washington or will smith or a femi otedola and will reject or even abuse any guy that steps to them so that sort of turns the guy off,you only need to check how many posts are on here about why women are mean or rude to men and thats one very big part of the answer,
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 09, 2008

no finance,no ego,no geld,no money,no wadada,no owuu cool
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by omega25red(m): 3:41pm On May 09, 2008
Some women would claim that it's because men are immature and some would claim that it's because we are unable to take care of ourselves.
Well it all starts with the mothers constantly harassing their daughters with the whole "when are you going to get married and have grand kids" And the constant bombardment of the medias attempt to show women that the older you get the more men would not want you. The unfortunate thing is that most women buy into these ideas which makes them get aggressive with men who are made to believe that sowing their wild Oates is the way to live.
I say this to say for the few or most of you who are lucky enough to find that special someone try and teach your kids that life doesn't revolve around growing up and getting married and having children. There is more to life than that but if you do take that path in life, it's ok and if not it's ok too.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by igbonla(m): 9:33pm On May 09, 2008
Marriage is not for everybody and it is surely more than a trip to TFC.
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by vivaladiva(f): 10:35pm On May 09, 2008
because marriage is over rated and stressful

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by uspry1(f): 10:40pm On May 09, 2008
Young guys at age between 18-30 tends to mess around, not ready for marriage material until they get the taste of experiences first before get serious committed later when they reached maturity at age 30-55 individually.

Some are seriously matured, some late reaching 40-55 matured- - -varied spices to every guys. Don't ask me why? Ask guys who are late married bloomer!!!!

Most of them are players/womanizers/partyhead/pothead whatever who they are while attending college or are not ready for seeking for jobs. Some want to be potato couch or bummer or lazy for long while!!!
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by squirrel20(f): 10:46pm On May 09, 2008
maybe they are afraid of commitment and all the responsibilities that comes with marriage.
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by LAKANYE(m): 10:46pm On May 09, 2008
why buy a cow, when you can get the milk for free
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by ariblaze(m): 10:47pm On May 09, 2008
Because they are scared of committments. A sign of irresponsibility I'd say. Girls learn how to zip up till marriage, guys will have to get married to get it!!

do you honestly

belive this would work? undecided
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by TheSly: 10:48pm On May 09, 2008
Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage?
because bachelors life is very sweet. . . . . . . . cool

ariblaze:

do you honestly

believe this would work? undecided
It would only work in Heaven.
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by LadyT(f): 10:52pm On May 09, 2008
@Sly angry
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by sparkandy(m): 10:55pm On May 09, 2008
To uspry1,

Let me help out here. Most of the guys I have interacted with claimed to have been a victim of broken heart so, they vowed to have as many girls as they can. As for those other ones that really have no reasons, I think its either their upbringing or peer pressure. But I can still know of guys who are serious minded. I still have about two of my female friends who are praying for me to have a good girlfriend whom will value me because I happen to be one of those exceptional guys who has never girl before because I know what I want, where am going to and besides that, I don't believe in pre-marital sex and most of my Nigerian friends, the ones I usually hang out with when I was there were all just like me.
Re: Why Are Many Guys Not Interested In Marriage? by LAKANYE(m): 11:12pm On May 09, 2008
sparkandy:

To uspry1,

, before because I know what I want, where am going to and besides that, I don't believe in pre-marital sex and most of my Nigerian friends, the ones I usually hang out with when I was there were all just like me.

What do you mean by "I don't believe in premarital sex"
Even women would like to know if you know what you're gonna be doing with their "Goods" in the marketplace. A woman will dumb you within a twinkle of an eye, if you are NOT a good lover. I bet you, someone is probably "PANGING" your WOULD-BE WIFE right at this moment. How do you know the woman is who she claimed she is to you. Marriage is far more than a tag on sex, it is more of HAPPINESS with one another. And Premarital sex does NOT stop you from loving her.
O well. I'm for premarital sex,, 24/7. I've got check out the goods, and make sure I'm getting what I love to love, and NOT something that look like I want to LOVE, but NOT what I love to love.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Used 1000 Men. / Is It Slutty If I Call A Platonic Friend For Sexx Right Now? / 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.