Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,450 members, 7,853,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:35 AM

Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? (8814 Views)

12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ / Is Moses Actually The Writer Of Deuteronomy ?? ( Proof ) / Red Sea: Archaeologists Discover Remains Of Egyptian Army From The Biblical Exod (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 19, 2013
The name means 'Red" and was a name for Esau, whose descendants lived in the land of Edom. It is also called Idumea and was formerly called the land of Seir. It extended from the Wadi Zered at the southeast part of the Dead Sea to the Gulf of Aqabah at the northern part of the Red Sea. http://www.biblicalzionist.com/edom.html
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 19, 2013
Smith’s Bible Dictionary

Search By Topic
PreviousNextEderEdomites

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|Y|Z
“Edom, Idumaea” means red http://www.christnotes.org/dictionary.php?dict=sbd&id=1270
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 19, 2013
edom
1. the name of esau (q.v.), gen. 25:30, "feed me, i pray thee, with that same red pottage [heb. haadom, haadom, i.e., 'the red pottage, the red pottage']..therefore was his name called edom", i.e., red.
http://dictionary.babylon.com/edom/
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 19, 2013
obadiah777: PLEASE BELIEVE IT. THERE ARE MANY BARBARIC SAVAGES IN AFRICA. ONLY RECENTLY THEY BURNT 4
GUYS TO DEATH. THE INFAMOUS ALUU4. I DONT DOUBT THAT HE WOULD HAVE ME BURNT AT THE STAKE grin grin

lol...not just Africa but the world over.
people think the zombie apocalypse = a world full of flesh feasting walking dead men and women but truth be told it's actually the brainless - easily controlled folks we are surrounded by who are the zombies.

they real threat. tongue
AND I REPEAT, MCFYNEST, YOU ARE STILL ON MILK. YOU ARE A LEARNER. SIT BACK AND OBSERVE.
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 19, 2013
the splitting of the red sea is not a real story.
it was a metaphor with the red sea representing the Egyptian empire.

one man and his one God was able to split apart something so powerful.
back then in Egypt water = life. and Egypt was their life

so they used the red sea to compare the mightiness of their empire
and in order to show how much of an impact moses had they said he with his staff alone
was able to do what was never done before.

"freeing God's people"..he split the kingdom >>>> split the sea.
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 19, 2013
obadiah777: AND I REPEAT, MCFYNEST, YOU ARE STILL ON MILK. YOU ARE A LEARNER. SIT BACK AND OBSERVE.

lol that's cute "on milk" I gotta use that! grin
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

lol...not just Africa but the world over.
people think the zombie apocalypse = a world full of flesh feasting walking dead men and women but truth be told it's actually the brainless - easily controlled folks we are surrounded by who are the zombies.

they real threat. tongue
YOU RIGHT ABOUT THAT. IF YOU ARE NOT SPIRITUALLY ALIVE, YOU ARE A ZOMBIE. A WALKING DEAD. wink

1 Like

Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

lol that's cute "on milk" I gotta use that! grin
THATS BIBLICAL LINGO HUN. SOMEONE ON MILK IS SOMEONE WHO IS JUST LEARNING AND NEW AND HENCE THEY ARE NOT READY FOR STRONG HARD SCRIPTURES. SOMEONE ON MEAT IS SEASONED AND READY TO EAT STRONG SCRIPTURES LOL. MCFYNEST IS ON MILK
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 19, 2013
obadiah777: YOU RIGHT ABOUT THAT. IF YOU ARE NOT SPIRITUALLY ALIVE, YOU ARE A ZOMBIE. A WALKING DEAD. wink

it's a fact.

obadiah777: THATS BIBLICAL LINGO HUN. SOMEONE ON MILK IS SOMEONE WHO IS JUST LEARNING AND NEW AND HENCE THEY ARE NOT READY FOR STRONG HARD SCRIPTURES. SOMEONE ON MEAT IS SEASONED AND READY TO EAT STRONG SCRIPTURES LOL

my interpretation was feasting on milk = baby/immaturity or someone who is not yet fully aware of of something/s.

either way it's cute grin

1 Like

Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

and in order to show how much of an impact moses had they said he with his staff alone

RED SEA = RED PEOPLE = EDOM. EVERYTIME THE RED SEA IS QUOTED IT HAS THE LAND AND CHILDREN OF EDOM ALONG IN THE SENTENCE. YOU ARE GOING WAY OFF. THE EGYPTIAN PEOPLE ARE MIZRAIM OR HAMITES. THEY ARE BLACK PEOPLE, OR AT LEAST THEY WERE
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

it's a fact.

my interpretation was feasting on milk = baby/immaturity or someone who is not yet fully aware of of something/s.

either way it's cute grin
YEAH LIKE MCFYNEST LMAO grin grin HE IS NOT FULLY AWARE HE HAS LOST HIS SENSES LMAO
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 19, 2013
obadiah777: RED SEA = RED PEOPLE = EDOM. EVERYTIME THE RED SEA IS QUOTED IT HAS THE LAND AND CHILDREN OF EDOM ALONG IN THE SENTENCE. YOU ARE GOING WAY OFF. THE EGYPTIAN PEOPLE ARE MIZRAIM OR HAMITES. THEY ARE BLACK PEOPLE, OR AT LEAST THEY WERE

how is that possible if outsiders claimed not to be able to tell the difference btwn Egyptians and the original Hebrews?

and please explain how my interpretation was "way off".
it seems to me we are along the same path as it was clearly referring to people and not the actual body of water...

Egyptian slaves and overseers...they look like the same people to me lol

Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 19, 2013
obadiah777: YEAH LIKE MCFYNEST LMAO grin grin HE IS NOT FULLY AWARE HE HAS LOST HIS SENSES LMAO

lol. abeg free the guy nau
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by SalC: 6:19am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

To you the red sea represent Egypt, to Obadiah it is Edom. Whose report shall we believe?
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 19, 2013
>>>> BIBLICAL MEANING OF SEA http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_the_prophetic_sea_mean_in_the_bible

COMBINE THAT WITH EDOM FROM THE PREVIOUS LINKS. RED SEA = RED PEOPLE AKA LAND OF EDOM AKA CAUCASIANS TODAY. PEOPLE CALL THEM WHITE BUT THEY ARE REALLY RED

Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 19, 2013
Sal C: To you the red sea represent Egypt, to Obadiah it is Edom. Whose report shall we believe?

MINE! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 19, 2013
obadiah777: >>>> BIBLICAL MEANING OF SEA http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_the_prophetic_sea_mean_in_the_bible

COMBINE THAT WITH EDOM FROM THE PREVIOUS LINKS. RED SEA = RED PEOPLE AKA LAND OF EDOM AKA CAUCASIANS TODAY. PEOPLE CALL THEM WHITE BUT THEY ARE REALLY RED http://s1.static.gotsmile.net/images/2010/10/07/sunburn_slap_mark.jpg_1286416645.jpg

naw im not buying that. grin
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

[img]http://www.english-online.at/history/slavery/slavery-in-ancient-egypt.jpg[/img]
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

how is that possible if outsiders claimed not to be able to tell the difference btwn Egyptians and the original Hebrews?

it seems to me we are along the same path as it was clearly referring to people and not the actual body of water...

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT EGYPT. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE RED SEA. wink
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

lol. abeg free the guy nau
HE IS FREED
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 19, 2013
obadiah777: WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT EGYPT. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE RED SEA. wink

um....I thought we were talking about what the phrase "split the red sea" meant.
im positive it had nothing to do with anglo people. lol
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 19, 2013
Sal C: To you the red sea represent Egypt, to Obadiah it is Edom. Whose report shall we believe?
IF YOU READ THE THREAD FROM THE START I HAVE PROVIDED VERSES THAT SAY THE RED SEA IS EDOM. 3 VERSES FROM 3 DIFFERENT BOOKS. IF THIS IS INFORMATION YOU ARE SEEKING THEN BE DILIGENT. DONT TAKE MY WORDS FOR IT. READ THE THREAD.
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

um....I thought we were talking about what the phrase "split the red sea" meant.
im positive it had nothing to do with anglo people. lol
I WOULD IMPLORE YOU TO GO READ SOME HISTORY KAILS. THE ANGLO PEOPLE TOOK OVER AND RULED EGYPT FOR A WHILE UNDER THE GREEK EMPIRE BY A GREEK KING BY THE NAME OF PTOLEMY wink THEN FOLLOWED BY THE ROMANS. THATS WHY THE EGYPTIANS LOOK THE WAY THEY LOOK TODAY. THEY ARE A PRODUCT OF GREEK AND ROMAN RA-PE. THE EGYPTIANS TODAY ARE A MIXTURE OF GREEK ROMAN AND BLACK HAMITES
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 19, 2013
obadiah777: I WOULD IMPLORE YOU TO GO READ SOME HISTORY KAILS. THE ANGLO PEOPLE TOOK OVER AND RULED EGYPT FOR A WHILE UNDER THE GREEK EMPIRE BY A GREEK KING BY THE NAME OF PTOLEMY wink THEN FOLLOWED BY THE ROMANS. THATS WHY THE EGYPTIANS LOOK THE WAY THEY LOOK TODAY. THEY ARE PRODUCT OF GREEK AND ROMAN RA-PE

I know that.

but I promise you that that had nothing to do with with them.
the story of moses predates that era sir. grin
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by SalC: 6:31am On Jun 19, 2013
grin
*Kails*:

They are not same people
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

I know that.

but I promise you that that had nothing to do with with them.
the story of moses predates that era sir. grin
THE STORY OF MOSES PREDATES THAT ERA BUT THE POINT HERE IS ANGLOS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AROUND THAT AREA. YOU HAVE TO KNOW THAT THE ANCIENT WORLD WAS ONLY NORTH AFRICA, MIDDLE EAST AND SOME PARTS OF EUROPE. THEY ALL PRETTY MUCH LIVED IN THE SAME AREA. MOST OF THE WORLD WAS UNCHARTED TERRITORY. SO THEY ALL CO-EXISTED.
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 19, 2013
Sal C: ;DThey are not same people

racially they were.

I don't know why people try to fight what they Egyptians themselves implied.
different ethnic group but same "race".

how else would a Jew (moses) be mistaken for an Egyptian prince
physically if there were no physical similarities?

offtopic:

this really has nothing to do with the topic but Obadiah I think it's something you'd be interested in. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL_KS6pQxe4

1 Like

Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 19, 2013
obadiah777: THE STORY OF MOSES PREDATES THAT ERA BUT THE POINT HERE IS ANGLOS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AROUND THAT AREA. YOU HAVE TO KNOW THAT THE ANCIENT WORLD WAS ONLY NORTH AFRICA, MIDDLE EAST AND SOME PARTS OF EUROPE. THEY ALL PRETTY MUCH LIVED IN THE SAME AREA. MOST OF THE WORLD WAS UNCHARTED TERRITORY. SO THEY ALL CO-EXISTED.

later on yes.

but I am talking about the early years.
western Europeans at that time were known as the gauls (?), vandals; etc and other
"savage" clans that literally lived nomadic - lawless lifestyles.

they were viewed as beasts by the greeks and romans who did not permit them to enter their territory (or else they would be enslaved) much less were they able to reach Egypt.

when the romans conquered them, that's when they were included in the "civilized" world.
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by SalC: 6:39am On Jun 19, 2013
obadiah777: IF YOU READ THE THREAD FROM THE START I HAVE PROVIDED VERSES THAT SAY THE RED SEA IS EDOM. 3 VERSES FROM 3 DIFFERENT BOOKS. IF THIS IS INFORMATION YOU ARE SEEKING THEN BE DILIGENT. DONT TAKE MY WORDS FOR IT. READ THE THREAD.
I read it though am not contending with you yet, but your explanation is more convincing to me.
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

later on yes.

but I am talking about the early years.
western Europeans at that time were known as the gauls (?), vandals; etc and other
"savage" clans that literally lived nomadic - lawless lifestyles.

they were viewed as beasts by the greeks and romans who did not permit them to enter their territory (or else they would be enslaved) much less were they able to reach Egypt.

when the romans conquered them, that's when they were included in the "civilized" world.
ERMMM THE GAULS AND VANDALS AND CELTICS AND VIZAGOTHS OSTRAGOTHS WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL THEM ARE ALL THE SAME PEOPLE LIVING ON DIFFERENT LANDS AND FIGHTING EACH OTHER. JUST LIKE YOU HAVE DIFFERENT BLACK GANGS ALL OVER AMERICA. THESE ARE ALL CHILDREN OF EDOM. STUDY THE BOOK OF REVELATION FOR UNDERSTANDING. THEY ARE ALL THE CHILDREN OF EDOM. THE CHILDREN OF EDOM IF YOU READ PSALMS 137 VS 7-9 ARE THE ONES WHO WILL FORM THE VIRGIN DAUGHTER OF BABYLON AKA USA AND IF YOU LOOK AT REVELATION CHAPTER 17 IT TELLS YOU HOW THE VIRGIN DAUGHTER OF BABYLON IS PART OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE. SO FROM THAT LINK YOU CAN SEE THEY ARE ALL THE CHILDREN OF EDOM. DONT LET THEIR CLASSIFICATIONS FOOL YOU NOW. A GHANAIAN AND SIERRA LEONE AND NIGERIAN ARE STILL THE SAME PEOPLE. THEY ARE ISRAELITES. ( EXCLUDING THE HAUSA AND THE FULANI WHO ARE HAMITES )
Re: Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ? by SalC: 6:44am On Jun 19, 2013
*Kails*:

MINE! cheesy cheesy grin
till you give me a proof.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

YORUBA Religion :: 8 World Religions, 4 Axes: Something is Wrong With The World. / The Sumerian Tables Account On The Flesh And Blood Gods Of The Bible. / How To Offer Warfare Prayers With Results Assured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.