Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,439 members, 7,954,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:14 AM

Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary (24587 Views)

(photo) Was The Queen Of England Also 'disgraced' At 10 Downing St / OPC 20th Anniversary Of June 12 (Pictures) / Ta Orji Disgraced At Aba During Ojukwu Burial Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by pek(m): 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2013
ighoosagie: if a formal house of rep member(dino melaye) could use d word ' HOW DOES DAT AFFECT D PRICE OF GARRI IN D MARKET' i see no reason u and should b restricted frm using d word.
formal? must have a new meaning!

1 Like

Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by Aikayy: 9:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
justsayemma: Looking @ Gej cabinet without sentiment,1 wil knw dat its a mediocre regime. Wats d like of Labaran,Deziani,Emeka Wogu,Nyeso Wikem,Ayim Pius,Tony Anini,n d rest,b doin wit any serios govt?
I guess d listed peeps shld just cross carpet to APC and b transformed to "progressisves"
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by Akiika: 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
dirifred: Its only in Nigeria where bogus claims can win over facts and figures. the minister was siting facts and figures which are verifiable. the chant of curruption from the rest speakers is almost making me believe curuption in nigeria just started. can Dino deny being currupt while in govt or even now? same goes to the other speakers who held political positions in the past.
Well its a clear case of BAD BELLE, if you hate a man, his achievement will never impress u.
the truth be told, GEJ is doing enough, his govt is poposeful and progressive, unlike the others that claim to be progressives, their statement and action tells us the are a million miles from being progressive
Imagin the caption(Labaran Maku thoroughly disgraced in lagos)i expected to hear verifiable facts and figures to show that the minister was a lier or better still failed

You must be kidding me! what fact did he present? he keeps talking about some silly 10 grids added...what has that translated to? have people started enjoying uninterrupted power supply? So that is the information minister? he's neither articulate nor smart. Nigeria is a huge joke.
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by redcliff: 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
[size=14pt]Dino Melaye is the man men.. I was indifferent about him before but he's my man now..But eh, if this man starts chopping government cake like how Ruben Abati jilted the masses he was for, problem go dey o....[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by eazzzy1(m): 10:09pm On Jun 18, 2013
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by bossman4: 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2013
confusion247: We all knew that Jonathan has no hand in june 12 annulment but now they want to make it look like Jonathan was part and parcel of that evil act.
Yorubas didn't hate Jonathan and his administration because he is not doing good, they hated him and his administration simple because their masters(mallam) from northern Nigeria doesn't want Jonathan.
If northerners happens to make a u turn and start to sing praises for Jonathan today, yorubas will be the first to dance to the tune of that song. I am yet to see how Obasanjo's administration performed better than that of Jonathan despite that Jonathan is still serving his first term in office.

Your comment is a clear reflection of your name, you cant possibly go too far from it especially when u added 247!
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by Reyspin(m): 11:21pm On Jun 18, 2013
clint77ng: A man who had the gut/courage to dislodge/dismantle oil subsidy cabal is still called corrupt. Naija na wao.
did he..how I pity ur Generation unborn!!!
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by Dracula27: 11:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
He has earned my respect big time
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by koruji(m): 12:19am On Jun 19, 2013
What cabal did he dismantle? Where are 100s of billions that these people stole? Which jail terms have they received? Is the subsidy level still not ballooning even as petrol is in short supply?

clint77ng: A man who had the gut/courage to dislodge/dismantle oil subsidy cabal is still called corrupt. Naija na wao.
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by seanet01: 12:26am On Jun 19, 2013
Igba wo ni maku oni ku
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by Ilaje44(m): 1:12am On Jun 19, 2013
Diasporan: [b]I took my time to watch and digest the video and didn't see anywhere the Minister was disgraced.Infact i don't use to be his fan but after this video i started having a rethink about him.Even some of the Speakers acknowledged his dexterity and finese in handling issues and even said the President was opportune to have his kind of person serve as the Minister of Information.He made his points clear and for Dino's own speech same old story of accusation of the Petroleum Minister.Nigeria is a democratic Government therefore concern citizens like Dino and his likes can simply take her to court.We all remember the story of Godwin Oru and Goodnews Agbi taking the Former Delta state Governor to court on corruption and Ex-convict charges.If she is found guilty then the law takes her toll on the accused Minister.Like Maku pointed out the case is in the court.Cause one can't be sacked on mere accusation and in few cases after being indicted by committees i believe so in this case.
A regular visitor of NL especially if you are living in diaspora you will think the country's future is bleak and all those opposing the Government are saint.Minister Maku made a salient point at the beginning of his speech 0:50 That "Some people have this perception that everybody in Government is a leper and that some after living the Government tend to want to see themselves as Saint" those are words on a marble.The lack of constructive criticism by the Opposition lay credence to that Mr. Maku's statement which is not far from the truth.What makes a real Democratic government operate smoothly is the ability of opposition to tender reasonable and constructive criticism and not just what they can manufacture in order to stair or ignite the polity.In a saner Democratic clime infact some reasonable criticism are considered by the serving administration especially if it is for the betterment of the masses but in Nigeria it is the other way round.Instead blogs and nasty forums are created to malign the administration i.e THIS USELESS THREAD.The issue of Nigeria really gives me a sleepless night considering the fact that i still have my friends and loved ones back there.Lastly i must praise Labaran Maku for attending such an occasion and standing to defend his Boss achievement so far on the power sector.It shows he the Minister is focused and not deterred and also humble and not scared of being lampooned by the progressives.Indeed he is a man of the people.Once an Aluta is always an Aluta.Mr.Maku i dough my hat for you[/b]

You are making reasonable observations. I'd advice that you go home and see something for yourself. However, I must warn you that Nigeria is far from be a reasonable Country.
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by babyhrt(m): 1:35am On Jun 19, 2013
nijanigga:
Look at this dimwit, go and say that to all the families of the victims of June 12. Gej reaping the harvest of June 12, where he did not sow.
...soBuhari is d one dat wants 2rip where he sowed abi...mayb Abiola hmsef shud com 4rm d grave n rip wht he sowed...make i jus leav u,abusin u wunt help ur mental disability.
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by Carsonv(m): 7:47am On Jun 19, 2013
I don't see any humiliation there. I just see group of opportunist who have been shoved away into political abyss gasping for air.
On the contrary, Labaran is legend for being able to stand before the...only a man that believes his conscience can do that.
If Dino likes let him turn to a Pastor, nobody gives a rat's ass! When he was in government what did he do? Rabble-rousers indeed!
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by Inca(m): 7:49am On Jun 19, 2013
Ikengawo: Of course the level of immature disrespect towards the minister in the audience is nauseating at best, but the minister spoke the truth. More importantly he presented facts and numbers. He cited plants being built, their locations, the implications of their success, and compared them to past administrations.

EVERYONE else except Melaye just said 'corruption', and snickered. Stated obvious blanket statements and didn't present facts solutions or counter argument. One even had the nerve to comment on the athletic ability of his brain. This is why there's no opposition in Nigeria.

Viva to them that do deliver in the midst of LOSERS!!!
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by splashbaby(m): 8:18am On Jun 19, 2013
Really! where did he dislodge them to...Niger? half true.
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by elebiola(m): 10:22am On Jun 19, 2013
Fact vs fiction.....
People want the grids to be running overnight, programs and policies to start overnight. Take it or leave it, he knew what he was coming in for and he stood to say the truth. He did not run, at the end of the day,results would change peoples perception.
Oppositions are picking the same governors,same people under a new name because of selfish reasons, you can never please everyone.. GEJ do your thing and let history speak for you
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by Datsme: 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
please tell us who r d cabals by name n hw many of them has ur messiah been able to prosecute
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by MistadeRegal(m): 5:53am On Jun 20, 2013
The Nation is boiling, the masses are suffering and you come telling us about PLANTS? angry PLANTS KO DAM NI! sad
Re: Labaran Maku Disgraced At June 12 20th Anniversary by Jman06(m): 10:17am On Jun 20, 2013
What else do u expect from a gathering of disgruntled politicians who are bent criticizing every action of the president even when it's clear they cant profer solutions to the numerous problems facing the country.We all know that Dino melaye became an anticorruption crusader only when Dimeji bankole failed to give him his share of their loots at d national assembly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emmanuel Uduaghan Visits Buhari, Plans For APC To Wrestle Power From PDP (Photos / T.A Orji To South-East Governors: Leave ESN Alone, Focus On Ebubeagu / Zaynab Ikaz-Kassim & Aisha Alubankudi Organized The US Protest — Segalink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.