Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World (23124 Views)

Poll: Who is the best Goal Keeper in the world

Peter Cech: 33% (46 votes)
Buffon: 17% (24 votes)
Casilas: 16% (23 votes)
Van Der ser: 32% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Is This The Best Goal Keeper In The World?? Watch Video! / Vincent Enyeama Named Best Goal Keeper In France For 2014 / Is Vicent Enyeama The Best Goal Keeper In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by tocdee(m): 12:34pm On May 16, 2008
showbobo:

Reina??

Are you a liverpool fan or what

And why not Reina? Everyone seems to call names of has beens eg Buffon, casillas, etc. These keepers ship goals in consistently and then turn around to make one-off top-class Camera-friendly saves to the shout of 'OLE!' from the stands. But the truth is: presently, Reina is up there. And I base this on something we can all agree on at least:

2005/2006 Barclays golden Glove Award (Highest no of clean sheets.)

2006/2007 Barclays golden Glove Award

2007/2008 Barclays golden Glove Award

While I'm not saying he's the best, dont you think he deserves a good mention?
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by Royce29: 5:40pm On May 16, 2008
A golkeeper is just as good as his defence? Madrid have always had a lousy back4 over the yrs but iker casillas always keeps them up there. In my book he is the best in the world.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by porasog(f): 8:17pm On May 17, 2008
grin grin grin
my papa of course
grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by davidif: 5:36am On May 19, 2008
Iker Cassillas just concluded a season for the ages in fact right now he is undoubtedly the best goalkeeper in the world ahead of Gigi Buffon and Cech.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by bayoade08(m): 11:25am On May 19, 2008
I think it's petr cezh cos he had perform very well every season.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by guy4real: 2:17pm On May 19, 2008
lipsrsealed emmanuel babyaro
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by favcom(m): 5:09pm On May 19, 2008
Jens Lehmann grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by gbengaza: 5:39pm On May 19, 2008
peter cech is the numero uno no need thinking too much about it.www.achieversideas.com
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by nt4dmasses(m): 9:12pm On May 19, 2008
I feel Reina is amazingly good on spotkicks(pk). Yep! he is but;

1. Casillas
2. Buffon
3. Cech

Whether or not their def's are tough, they still control the woodwork. They are the shit!!!
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by rite2salas(m): 6:08am On May 20, 2008
Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World ?

Oliseh
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by whitelexi(m): 2:59pm On May 20, 2008
Manuel Almunia for reflexes, the guy is just a talent smiley
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by ikhideman(m): 8:23pm On May 20, 2008
For me, between 2002 & 2006 when I really followed spanish la liga, I felt Iker Casillas was the best because Madrid had a very porous defence, but Casillas stopped many potential goal opportunities thru his sharp reflexes.

Presently, It's tough deciding between Petr Cech & Iker Casillas because of the peculiarity of the teams they play for. One (Chelsea) being good defensively, while the other (Madrid) more focused on attack.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 21, 2008
ma uncle, Oluwaseyi Komolafe Dapo Ijora Oluyemi grin
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by twinstaiye(m): 2:43pm On May 21, 2008
To me, as of today, Petr Cech is the best.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by superboi(m): 7:16pm On May 21, 2008
well its between van der saar and petr cech for me, casilla is good but he makes as much fundumental keeping errors,such as poor positioning(dats why he is constantly diving to save balls in the games)and he has poor defence organasation ability too,so i even put a goally like fridel b4 him not to talk of buffon he is way ahead of casillas, as much as i no like man u,,,van der saar is no1 right now.he is the most dorminate keeper in the game,,,he make more saves that help manu win than c.ronaldo scores
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by JJay1(m): 10:27pm On May 21, 2008
Based on the CL finals and existing standing all season

1. Van der Saar
2. Petr Cech

6. Jusi Jaaskelinan

Wonder the gap, because those two are in a different league
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by sect(m): 11:40pm On May 21, 2008
Its Reina.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by wormedup(m): 12:28pm On May 22, 2008
how can anyone watch last night's game and say van der saar is better than cech
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by arktivitym(m): 2:34pm On May 22, 2008
Definitely the best goal tender for me is Pete Cech,any day, any time.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by mcgboye(m): 3:14pm On May 22, 2008
iker "guardian angel" casillas without any shadow of doubt
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by sas11: 3:49pm On May 22, 2008
@wormedup,
its not about one performance alone, even at that van der sar sis well yesterday, he saved d penalty that gave man u d cup,
without doubt d best goalkeeper dis season both in d league and champions league is edwin van der sar, d last two seasons b4 dis yes cech was d best, but not dis season if u really want to b truthful, d guy embarrassed chelsea in a few matches dis season, some chelsea fans were even beginning 2 think d injury 2 his head was d cause of dis, cheers
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by sil(m): 4:36pm On May 22, 2008
the premier league goal keeper is pepe Reina, i wander why you guyz shud taking of all those catch, da sale
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by femikay149(m): 8:06pm On May 22, 2008
Pls all dose putting van der sar's name should pls remove it from the list.WE are talking of current form not past glory.VAn der SAr is okay bt in today's futbal he cant enter first five and mind you am just being generous.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by tkb417(m): 2:16pm On May 23, 2008
na wa
why will VDS not be among the top 5 in the world?
Buffon, casillas, cech, are the only visible ones. these three are sure better
but to think VDS is past his prime is going off the radar. goalies get berra with age
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by kolaoloye(m): 2:20pm On May 23, 2008
For now Cech is the best
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by Templa(m): 4:08pm On May 23, 2008
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by Templa(m): 4:27pm On May 23, 2008
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by superboi(m): 7:23pm On May 23, 2008
van der sar is still one of the best goal keepers in the world and i did not write my first opinion b4 the game.a lot of people a just putiing their club useless goalkeeper eg pepe reina, this is a keeper that in1 in every 3 game conceeds very silly goals.casilla set a wall in freekick and allows spare near the far post for the striker to slot the ball.good keeping is not about reflex saves, its about great position.after robison(spurs)always make preety saves then conceeds silly goals, number 1 slot is very tight btw van der sar and cech as much as i dont like man u
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by freezer(m): 9:04pm On May 23, 2008
okay lets get this best goalkeeper thing sorted out,
1. casillas -  realmadrid
2. david james - portsmorth
3. van dersar - man utd

we all know casillas[/color] won da league for madrid right, [color=#006600]david james was instrumental to portsmorth FA cup success, did u watch manutd vs portsmorth FA cup quartefinals?,  and den van dersar, he saved manutd on so many occassions, cech had no answers to ronaldo's opening goal during da uefa champ finals, he made several similar errors all season, and,  note im a RED DEVIL FAN, MANutd 4eva
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by SignorZax: 7:20am On May 24, 2008
Kirkland of Wigan.
The Former Liverpool Shot Stopper is V. gud, considering the team he plays for and the great saves he pulled in many matches. He might not be playing for Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and the likes, but I think the guy is really good.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by SignorZax: 7:30am On May 24, 2008
Kirkland of Wigan Athletic is also very good.
Re: Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World by dyabman(m): 4:47pm On May 25, 2008
chelseas peter cech is a very good goal keeper, but i idol Gigi Buffon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ogenyi Onazi To Donate Boots To Nigerian Talents On His Return Home / Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down / Arsenal Star Alex Iwobi Celebrates 20th Birthday, Shares Childhood Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.