Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? (4333 Views)

Help, She Found Out Her Boy Friend Is Gay..any Hope Of Him Becoming Straight? / Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? / Any Hope For Short Guyz? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by Tedpgrass: 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2013
Decryptor:
Ur friend's problems are from the bolded

Choleric: Most choleric women i know remain spinsters for life. That's their personality. Men like loyalty and submission in a woman. Choleric women lack those traits.

Temperamental: This is also tied to the point above. A woman who has hot temper can never drag a man to the altar. No matter how rich, beautiful and successful that woman is, or even great in bed,it just can't work cos no man wants to be "shouted down" by his woman.

Ideal Wedding Plans: Another big flaw from your friend which should not be ignored. I don't know the magnitude of her plans but i think she Ȋ̝̊̅§ this type that has that huge fantasy of having a big society wedding where Goodluck Jonathan will be the father of the Day, where her and her bridal train will be driven in a limo and probably the venue somewhere in Dubai. Your friend (like most typical Nigerian ladies of today) think mainly about the wedding and NOT the marriage. I wonder what she teaches her student in the "Single and Married" classes.

Let her work on these points and then hope and pray a divorcee or widower (cos of her current age) finds her soon.

#myownhumblecontribution#

Oga Decryptptor. U fall my hand oo

So na divorcee or widower na the available options.....

Isn't there a likelihood there's some chap who is single and quite willing to mingle with this sister......

Whether an older mature male now willing to settle or a younger (2-10yrs) chap with no chips on his shoulders.....

Abeg. Let's look at the whole picture not stereotypes....

Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 22, 2013
Eh yah. I am ashamed to say this, I have a female cousin, so so pretty and working, but she had issues, which all relations knew abt, including her own siblings and parents, and they kept praying for a man to come and rescue them from her wahala.

There is plenty food, money, everything, but she hates to see her siblings eat then to talk of outsiders. If she serves you food, then u are a divinely favoured to be honest.

She had a serious guy who was managing her issues and at a point, the guy ran...many rich guys came around but couldn't stay. She was a devoted Christian. Her issue was- natural wickedness and stinginess. She can't accommodate, easily get angry and always carried away with fashion and church, an irony.

But to God be the glory, last year, a miracle husband came around o....and rescued the entire family becos everyone was praying for her with all our heart. She married the guy at 42yrs...and they didn't waste time, she got pregnant even before they made things official shaa...now she has a bouncing baby girl...heard she is preggy againgrin

But she didn't married the kind of men I used to see around her back then- those handsome, tall, dark, rich dudes shaa...just an average guy, but around 50yrs...

So @threadstarter, tell your friend to keep hope alive, if truly she desire to marry, she will, but she needs to do these:

1. Examine herself critically to know y no guy wants to stick around with her, except she is overly ugly and overweight.

Once she figures out y, let her work on changing few of those things she figured out. My cousin figured hers out and started acting/forming good, and it helped her cos along the line, she changed small...started ignoring things, and accommodating things she usually flared at.

2. She has to lower her expectations, is not the end of d world, let her lower her dream small...and avoid guys below 35yrs if possible.

3. She should reduce being here and there in church...guys maybe seeing her as desperate.

4. She should be more close to long time friends like u for referral...

She still has hope, great hope, nothing is impossible.

Sometimes I feel bad reading stories like this...God forgive me if I am causing anyone tears ignorantly pls. Sighs, life, hmmm

2 Likes

Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by Princesszoe: 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2013
IdealHubby:

EXACTLY!!!

She still believes, by faith, that she would get married and how everyone who has been on her neck, including the relatives, because she is an orphan, would come and witness the wedding.

But isn't the wait getting too long?
Better to be late than being the late
Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by Decryptor(m): 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2013
Tedpgrass:

Oga Decryptptor. U fall my hand oo

So na divorcee or widower na the available options.....

Isn't there a likelihood there's some chap who is single and quite willing to mingle with this sister......

Whether an older mature male now willing to settle or a younger (2-10yrs) chap with no chips on his shoulders.....

Abeg. Let's look at the whole picture not stereotypes....

I don't think she will accept a guy who is much younger than she is who has no strong finances (if that's what you meant by "chips" on his shoulders).
The age rate of 50's you talked about are those men who have been either divorced before or widowed like i initially pointed out
Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by Frankaka8(m): 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2013
demelza: How did you even know she is crying within her? Where you able to see the internal tears?
Anyway marriage isnt for everybody
ur last statement is false. Even d Bible says a man should cleave to his woman. So, if dats what yu tink. Den neva get married either. #be single 4 life.
Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 22, 2013
Frankaka8: ur last statement is false. Even d Bible says a man should cleave to his woman. So, if dats what yu tink. Den neva get married either. #be single 4 life.

Team Single For Life!!!
Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by IdealHubby: 11:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Team Single For Life!!!

lol.. Really?

I thought in marriage, both sexes completes each other?
Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by IdealHubby: 11:56pm On Jun 23, 2013
@DailyNews...

Thanks so much for that case study.

In response to your suggestions

1. She is quite chubby, but not overweight though.
The irony of it is that even some men that prefers her kind-of bodysize still insists they must ''test'' before any marriage and she is totally adamant to that, cz she feels the chances of marriage in this aspect is 50-50 and very unlikely to take such risk.

2. The church she worships at, till date is where she was dedicated as a baby.
She has had this thought of quitting the church and go to a new one, but her concerns of what people would say, as regards being desperate made her change her mind.

All the same, the other points are well noted.
Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by IdealHubby: 12:04am On Jun 24, 2013
@Tedpgrass..

#this username needs clarifying#

Getting married to a younger man is kind-of out of the scenario.
They would want to see her as a ''Sugar-mummy.''

a similar case happened when her colleague at her former place of work arranged a blind date for her. 2days later, the guy called, that he wants to borrow 50K from her, cz she told the guy initially of how she enrolled for a professional customer service course(in order to build her career), that cost her almost 80K.

So, you can Imagine.
Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by Tedpgrass: 6:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
Sorry bout delay to ur response.

What needs clarifying with regards to my username...

Now to the matter....
It's unfortunate that the chap she got introduced to, thought with his a.rse and felt comfortable asking for money after the 1st date. I wonder if he has any idea bout "dating rules.."

She has to search a little offshore. There are a few men who will have her "requirements"..... only that she's got to find how to fit their concept of an ideal women..... cos they tend to be quite OCD!!!!

Before I get carried away in my analysis..... is she still looking

Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by Teenzy(f): 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
As a lady i understand wat she's going tru....Gods ways are diff 4rm man and he has differnt plans 4 everyone n he'll mk it tru at d right time.....Many people get married dis days just 4 d sake of it n also wat people wld say if dey dont do it fast....Meanwhile marriage is more dan dat...she still has hope of gettn married..a wedding is taking place dis thur d lady is 50 still a V and is a very rich minister gettn married 2 a man of 51yrs neva married b4 now...she should worry less n pray more n d ideal man will b her's soon.
Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by IdealHubby: 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
Tedpgrass:

Sorry bout delay to ur response.

What needs clarifying with regards to my username...

Now to the matter....

She has to search a little offshore. There are a few men who will have her "requirements"..... only that she's got to find how to fit their concept of an ideal women..... cos they tend to be quite OCD!!!!

Before I get carried away in my analysis..... is she still looking

Welcome back. You really went AWOL.

#What I meant is how u came about d user name. I could barely pronounce it.#

What is OCD?

Yes!.. She is still Single and searching. undecided
Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by IdealHubby: 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
Teenzy:

A wedding is taking place dis thur d lady is 50 still a V and is a very rich minister gettn married 2 a man of 51yrs neva married b4 now...she should worry less n pray more n d ideal man will b her's soon.

^
This caught my attention. This would serve as a succour to strengthen her faith.
All hope is not lost afterall.
Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by IdealHubby: 7:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by Beync(f): 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
As long as she is living by God's standard as a single lady, she'll definitely get married soon and her marriage will be more successful and intact more than many who married earlier. There's noting much to fear about, if not becos of our environment, a single lady should not descend to sleeping with men who you are not even sure of their motives before you can get married. it's a matter of confident and exhibiting the right attitudes, that man who'll will understand and love her without seeking advantage of her would come her way.

Op the way you know everything about this lady, am sure u r the one in question
Forget about the m there.

1 Like

Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by beckers: 8:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
I keep saying this if men were God, 40yrs there is still big hope, don't conclude about another persons life ok. Life is turn around she can marry @ 45yrs and give birth to triplets or quatlet. And she is settled with those children for life.
Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by IdealHubby: 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2013
Beync:

Op the way you know everything about this lady, am sure u r the one in question
Forget about the m there.

A very matured advice from a lady's point of view.

For the records, I am a guy and one can't know everything about a lady. You know only the ones that needs to be known...#winks.
Re: SINGLE @40!!!!..... Any Hope Of Getting Married? by IdealHubby: 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
beckers: I keep saying this if men were God, 40yrs there is still big hope, don't conclude about another persons life ok. Life is turn around she can marry @ 45yrs and give birth to triplets or quatlet. And she is settled with those children for life.

I aint concluding. Just sPeculating.

Giving birth to triplets??
Hmm!.. One step @a tym!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naija Babe Gets Nakéd And Curse Her Boyfriend / Her Food No Sweet And I Am The Type That Love Food Alot. / Am In Love With A Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.