Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,719 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives (1204 Views)

Are Men Naturally Polygamists? / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! / Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by smile4kenn(m): 12:35pm On May 10, 2008
Nigeria's Anglican leader has told the country's many Christian polygamists to give up their extra wives.

In a letter to the faithful, Archbishop Peter Akinola warned the issue could "make a mockery" of the church.

Until now, converts to Christianity have been allowed to keep their polygamous relationships.

Bishop Ali Buba Lamido told the BBC that it was difficult to convert polygamous Muslims to Christianity unless they could keep their wives.

Bishop Ali Buba of the Wusasa diocese in northern Kaduna State, said that as much as 10% of some congregations in the north can be in polygamous marriages.

"These women remain in the church, and can marry again, but mostly they decide to remain single. It is often difficult for them to restart family life," he said.

Read more: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7392524.stm
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by lucabrasi(m): 2:57pm On May 10, 2008
that one will be hard o,my dad is a staunch anglican and a baba ijo,so will he now leave wives he married like well over 20 years ago?i think they should just kp a blind eye to that issue because i dont see how that could be changed,they can only prevent it for the future
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by Ndipe(m): 1:12am On May 11, 2008
This act of calling new believers in the Lord to abandon their wives and stick to monogamy is a very controversial policy.
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by fadenike(f): 12:35pm On May 15, 2008
Which portion of the teaches that? it is better to prevent furhter occurence
and not to join in breaking homes and cause bitternesss in the life of innocent
children whom their mother will be a victim.

1Timothy says 3: 1-12 and never made mention of putting away.

I am not encouraging polygamy please.
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by ifyalways(f): 2:43pm On May 15, 2008
it doesnt sound like a good idea to me.what happens to the wives,mothers and children
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by sheniqua: 12:03am On May 16, 2008
that's why people should not complicate their lives in the first instance.
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by lucabrasi(m): 12:24am On May 16, 2008
its not workable at all,for the ones already in it,i think they should be working more on prevention of a future occurence of such cases,another thing is that they shouldnt turn a blind eye to it when it involves rich/eminent people in the church,when these ppl know that the church wouldnt allow it then it ll be eradicated in the church
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by ThePrince2: 11:06pm On May 25, 2008
I wish this people would stop following outdated Western Ideals and get in touch with their true African (Yoruba) traditions.

I intend to have 3 wives.
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by Godalone(m): 2:44pm On May 26, 2008
God will forgive them if they ask for forgiveness but leaving those wives will not be a solution.My father has 7 wives are you saying he should leave the women he married over 40 years ago? Never.
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by GEW: 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2009
Godalone:

God will forgive them if they ask for forgiveness but leaving those wives will not be a solution.My father has 7 wives are you saying he should leave the women he married over 40 years ago? Never.
7 wives ke?

God help us.
lucabrasi:

its not workable at all,for the ones already in it,i think they should be working more on prevention of a future occurence of such cases,another thing is that  they shouldnt turn a blind eye to it when it involves rich/eminent people in the church,when these ppl know that the church wouldnt allow it then it ll be eradicated in the church
why is this not workable?
sheniqua:

[size=28pt]that's why people should not complicate their lives in the first instance.[/size]
true words my dear sister.
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by tine(f): 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2009
I think the question should be what does the Bible say about it?
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2009
Wives to these so called christian polygamist should endeavor to learn well

let them go to www.gethimbacktips..com and be well equipped
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by Fhemmmy: 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2009
I am sure it is not as easy as they making it sound.
So the women shd be given up to who ?
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by GEW: 11:17am On Aug 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

you like some femi?
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by Fhemmmy: 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2009
GEW:

you like some femi?

Thanks but no thanks.
I am just trying to say, they will flood the market of the unmarry and make men to be in more demand
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by spikedcylinder: 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2009
Lol. Na so e easy. Who put these people in a position to judge others sef?
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by Fhemmmy: 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2009
spikedcylinder:

hahahahahaha.
everyone is a judge in Nija
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by bintab(f): 10:54am On Aug 20, 2009
lucabrasi:

that one will be hard o,my dad is a staunch anglican and a baba ijo,so will he now leave wives he married like well over 20 years ago?i think they should just kp a blind eye to that issue because i dont see how that could be changed,they can only prevent it for the future
yes o ,i am in thesame shoe, my dad his married to his wives till death do the part in Jesus Name.
spikedcylinder:

Abike,thank you jor
Fhemmmy:

I wonder my brother.
tine:

I think the question should be what does the Bible say about it?
Teach us what the bible says about it, some of them got married before they got converted.
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by GEW: 10:58am On Aug 20, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Thanks but no thanks.
I am just trying to say, they will flood the market of the unmarry and make men to be in more demand
femi try it you may just enjoy it. they willl show you better things than iyabo taking your money for recharge card.
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by KennyG6(m): 11:21am On Aug 20, 2009
I actually know a few men who after embracing the christian faith, decided to "restitute" by rehousing the extra wives. They still cater for them financially but they no longer live together and there is no sexual activity. This sounds hard and not everyone can do it, but its a christian doctrine and once you accept to become one you either tow the line or drop out.
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2009
GEW:

femi try it you may just enjoy it. they willl show you better things than iyabo taking your money for recharge card.

U hate me oh
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by GEW: 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2009
Fhemmmy:

U hate me oh
no you may just love it and you must have a bible verse saying do not discrimate against a woman becos she has kids.
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by Fhemmmy: 5:41pm On Aug 21, 2009
GEW:

no you may just love it and you must have a bible verse saying do not discrimate against a woman becos she has kids.

I have no problem with a woman that kids, but these ones are just not my type.
I am taken
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by Secretz(f): 7:10pm On Aug 21, 2009
Let's all give up pounded yam and jollof rice too. tongue
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by Fhemmmy: 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2009
Secretz:

Let's all give up pounded yam and jollof rice too. tongue

You are just telling some men to go hungry
Re: Christian Polygamists To Give Up Their Extra Wives by Secretz(f): 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2009
Fhemmmy:

You are just telling some men to go hungry

lol. . . . . . . as if they wont go hungry giving up their extra wives. lol tongue

(1) (Reply)

Multi-wife Family / Can You Marry A Man For Money Even When U Dont Love Him. / Married Man-i Need Your Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.