Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (721486 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 12:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
Ogbeche77: I still don't get it, if you bear the applicants name when you purchase the resident permit,, how about the picture that appears on the doc? Or does the document not carry any passport photograph?

You needed no pictures for application.
Just your name and an address

But the recent ones require passport photos.
In situations like this one, you look for someone who reaembles you

somehow over 80% of black people look the same to them.

9 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
ZUBY77:

True word.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by frudokafor(m): 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2013
I have refused to post any comment for a long time now, but I cant help myself anymore.
I have learnt so much and forgot d reason why am in sexaulity room.
For real .......U just have a secondary school?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
ZUBY77:

Seriously? So oyinbo can't really differentiate among blacks?
Then the asians are lucky, cos almost all of them look the same
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by jeslom: 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
zubbychukwu where u dey Nau...we re hungry already
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by weazley(m): 7:31am On Jul 07, 2013
Oga zubby, please com and continue, u don turn me to addict,

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 9:16am On Jul 07, 2013
Soon

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Emperortj93(m): 9:53am On Jul 07, 2013
Soon keh, abegi cum continue tori nw nw jor... Btw, big tuale 2 the one and only oga zubby himself
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZeusAyo: 10:49am On Jul 07, 2013
I dnt blame him atlist he is an igbo boy nd his brain shld cum wif essential economics as a default application so he z trying 2 use d law of diminishing returns on us... Homo sapien oshi*smh*

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 11:47am On Jul 07, 2013
Zeus_Ayo: I dnt blame him atlist he is an igbo boy nd his brain shld cum wif essential economics as a default application so he z trying 2 use d law of diminishing returns on us... Homo sapien oshi*smh*

Naaaa. I traveled to Enugu. i will be back to my base tomorrow. i will write faster when i return.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by weazley(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
Choi, till tomorrow,? Lemme go back to page 1 and read again, b4 I reach here tomorrow go don reach..
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
Thumbs up bro, its a story that will captivate any audience if you decide to make a movie in say 5-10 years time. My pops had to do similarly to get his degree in GB so I appreciate all you went through.
The calmness with which you dealt with the cops is the mark of a true boss. Make no mistake this is some Don Corleone like story and to rise as you did in your twenties shows that you got what it takes.
I remember the Pix with Udeze thread and men Hustling is different from scamming. Unlike some guys who hit and blew their stash you got legit that's my joy.
Other guys hustle here in naija, but to make it here in Africa and Europe, it means you were destined to make it. I like the way you responded to money when you were starting out, money over bitxxes,lol.
RESPECT

11 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Igweminho(m): 8:15am On Jul 08, 2013
Ok
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by olenyi: 5:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
@ZUBY. Where u at na. We are hungry already.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2013
Chapter 64.

After acquiring enough documents to apply for permit, I took them to the appropriate office and submitted them.

Then it was time to wait.
They didn't tell me when it would be ready or whether they would even grant my request. I just had to wait.

There were some hustlers in Lisbon too but mostly from Angola and Mozambique.
I didn't want to do anything illegal in Portugal, so I just had to wait.

I had asked my brother in Nigeria to make an international passport for me.
I told him to use passport photograph I left behind in Nigeria.

When the passport arrived, it looked so good. There was no way to detect faults in it or so I thought.

Since I had to wait for an unknown number of days or weeks, I decided to start making cross border visits to Spain.

Spain was a stone throw from portugal. I would take my virgin Passport and the application receipt I got from the office I applied for resident, then enter train and head to Spain.

During one of such visits, I was controlled by the Spanish Police in Valencia. They used some kind of lens glass to check on my passport but they found no faults. They asked for my resident permit and asked me to return to Portugal. They took me to the train station and made sure that I boarded a train to Portugal. They gave my papers to the train Driver and asked him to give it to me in Lisbon.

Since I had nothing to do in portugal, I used that opportunity to learn about Cocaine business. I had a friend in Valencia Spain who was doing the Cocaine business.
I only saw cocaine once in Germany but I wasn't ready to deal on it then.

It was in Spain I learnt how to cook the Cocaine, how to check its strength, how to mix Ntugwa, a white powdered substance that was used to mix the Cocaine to increase the quantity and reduce its strength.

A man from our Village who lived in Brazil had told me to learn about the Cocaine so that he would be sending it to me in Europe.

I would sneak out of Portugal and go to Spain without my flat mates in Portugal knowing what I did..... They wanted to know of course but I wasn't interested in telling anybody anything. I would tell them that I was going to Spain to watch football. A lie they all bought.

It was also a lie I learnt from Germany.

I was able to transport drugs in Germany easily because I was a fan member of Hertha Bsc football club in Berlin. I used they home games to move my drugs.

Each time they had a home game, usually every two weeks, I would wear their Jessey which had my name printed at the back. I would also take their small banner and their back bag to watch the matches. Then after the match, I would load drugs inside the bag and mix up with their thousands of fans. It was only Johnson who knew what I was doing. He found out on his own anyway. In the game of drugs, be secretive as much as possible.

13 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
Chapter 65.

Princess, My daughter was growing fast in Ghana according to Efuah. Against her mother's wish, I would buy toys and cloths and send to her in Ghana.
A suitor had come to marry my Efuah but she refused. It was causing problems between her and her mother. The suitor had returned from London and he had money. The pressure was getting too much.
Efuah had asked for my opinion, I told her that my movement was still uncertain since I had no traveling documents then. I also told her that even if I got documents in the next one month, it would still require many years to turn into a permanent permit or red passport which was the only way to be able to bring her and Princess to Europe.
I had told her to Marry the man if she believed they could live together.
She got married to the London guy in December 2005.
After the marriage, the man left for London to process their papers for them to be able to live in London too.

After my two months in Portugal without any news of my papers, I decided to start sexapades.

I had found out where the prostitutes stand in the evening for business. The place was called Rossio. It was near the port where slaves were sold during the slave trade era.

The first time I went there, I saw many Nigerian girls, some girls from Ghana and some girls from Angola and Mozambique.

Since the Angolans and Mozambiques didn't understand English, I decided to start from there.

I had left Germany with my PostBank ATM card but since I didn't want the Germans to know where I was, I had traveled to spain and withdrew the whole 1200 euros in the account.
I was the only asylum seeker in Brandenburg with the bank card and even bank account.
I had gone to the bank one day and told them that I wanted an account. They asked me to get permission from the HEIM authorities. After pleading and lying that My Camerounian roommate had been stealing my monthly allowances, they agreed to help me open the account. Every month, I would pay in 100 euros into the account.

When I withdrew the money in Spain, I went back to Portugal and decided to use the money on women alone.

The game began one evening. I went down to Rossio where the sexxx workers stood and called one of them.

She was Angola and didn't understood a word in English. I followed her up to where she lived and since there was nothing to talk about, she removed her cloths as soon as we got in.

Her body was very smooth and Young. Her Boobs pointed out like the head of a rocket propelled grenade. I started squeezing them and it was such a pleasure.

The Normal prize for illegal sex workers was 20 euros but since I had flashed a 50 euro note, she was ready to do some extra work on me.

She bent down and started licking my Joystick, then she swallowed the tips and started sucking it like a baby. I massaged her back as she kept my Joystick rising and getting harder.
As soon as I felt that it was time to do what I came for, I raised her up and motioned her to lay on the bed.

I opened my wallet and brought out a pack of condom. She took one from me and slipped it professionally on my joystick, then she guided it slowly into the already wet cunnt.
She held my back tight as I pumped in and out of her. My huge manhood filled every corner of her tight pusssy. It took me less than 5 minutes to release. It was because I didn't have sexxx for two weeks prior to that day.
I made a sign for her to raise my Joystick again. She opened her hand for more money. I added a 20 euro bill on top of the 50 and she smiled.

After the second round which took over fifteen minutes, we went down stairs together and back to the streets of Lisbon.
We got to where she worked and I motioned a Nigerian girl to come.
'' How much is for one night'' I asked.
'' Bros na 100 euros you go give me'' she said.

I priced 80 Euros and she agreed. She asked where I lived and I told her. She followed me to the house and that was how Jennifer (definitely a fake name) came into my flat and my life.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 09, 2013
nice update

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nduking92(m): 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2013
oga zubby u too gbaski,angola babe 70euros for 2rounds while 9ja babe say 100euros maka otu onu.tuwale for umu 9ja all over
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by IZUKWU(m): 4:29am On Jul 10, 2013
Nduking92: oga zubby u too gbaski,angola babe 70euros for 2rounds while 9ja babe say 100euros maka otu onu.tuwale for umu 9ja all over
the nigerian was for an all night . And they bargained for 80euros
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 9:27am On Jul 10, 2013
Chapter 66: Welcome Jenny
(The real Story begins here... Get ready)[b][/b]

Jennifer, a beautiful Nigerian girl had just arrived from Africa.
She was from Ekpoma, Edo state. Her madam had brought her to work in portugal.
According to her, she didn't know the kind of work it was until she arrived. Her madam had demanded that she balanced her 45,000 euros before she became free.How she was going to pay her was still a mystery to her but she was told to join the street body hawkers.

She had been able to raise 2000 euros so far and the huge balance of 43,000 awaits her.

After I heard her full story, I offered to sneak her into Spain but she refused. She was scared of death. She said she was taken to a shrine somewhere in the bush in Benin Nigeria to swore an oath. An oath that would hold her until she paid up the money. It was a complicated issue for me and despite my belief system, I didn't want to get too involved in sketchy deals.

She had followed me back from Rossio, a busy commerce area in Lisbon. We got to my apartment where I shared with three other people at about 7pm on a Sunday evening.
I had introduced her to Francis, the only guy in the house who welcomed her warmly.
Then we proceeded to my room. She started removing her cloths as soon as we entered my room but I halted her.
She was a pretty little girl, probably 18 or 19. How her parents allowed her to leave for Europe baffled me.
I had asked her how she came to Portugal and she had told me about her madam and their gang which spanned the entire west African coasts.
She had been taken to Cotonou where she spent three months. Then they moved her to Accra where she spent some weeks before heading to Abidjan. It was in Abidjan that she had a hint of what she was going to do in Europe. The gang leader in Abidjan had consistently sent her to different men to sleep with. She never saw any money as the men would pay the gang leader. She only received tips from some of the men after sleeping with them.
She didn't even know where she was since they spoke strange language ( French).
She was not allowed to venture out alone during her stay in Abidjan.
After another three months and a week, she was taken by road to Bamako.
It was in Bamako that they finally boarded a flight to Spain. Then they were smuggled down to Portugal at night. They were three of them but she didn't know the whereabout of the other two.

'' Why didn't you run to the Police and report the case'' I had asked her.

Her response was the same '' Scared of Some Juju in Benin Forest''

After her long story, I removed her jacket and hung it on my door. She thought it was time for action as she stood up to remove her trousers but I motioned her to leave it.
I had lost my appetite for sexxx and I wasn't going to be a heartless beast after hearing such dangerous adventure of hers.

I used to think that my German experience was the worst dangerous adventure one could go through in Europe but after her story, I knew that I didn't even suffer.

I took her to the bathroom and told her to bath. After that, she returned and sat on the only chair in the room.

I was compelled to do something about her situation but the point was that there were hundreds of them passing through the same situation and any thing I chose to do for her would cost a lot of money.
The first option was buying out her 43,000 euro clause but I wasn't going to do that. That was a lot of money and I had no guarantee she would change after that.

The second option was sending her out of Portugal but she was afraid to run away.

The last option was to fvckk her and send her out in the streets where she belonged.
I decided to give it time first.
I took my bath and took her downstairs to a chinese restaurant. We ate some vegetables with fried rice and chicken laps. Then we drank Vino de tinto.

After the food, we took a taxi to Benfica Stadium and walked aimlessly inside the museum. She was constantly asking why I was being nice but I had no answers for he. I just liked her but I knew it was not going to last.
I was in Portugal for a purpose and the money I kept for leisure was running down. I knew that as soon as it got down to about 3000 euros, I would cut down on expenses.

We later took a taxi back to my apartment. The other two guys had returned when we came in. I introduced her to them as we played Poker in the sitting room. When she got tired, I asked her to go into my room and sleep.

At about 1:30pm, I retired into my room only to see her lying naked on my bed.

The spirit of sexxx resistance always become weak when it comes face to face with a naked woman.
That was how I felt when I saw her naked. She smiled as I loosened my belt..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by liljboy(m): 11:27am On Jul 10, 2013
more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 8:25am On Jul 11, 2013
Chapter 67

After the first round of sweet xexx with Jennifer, she offered to dispose off my used condom. I reluctanly agreed but I followed her to the toilet.
Since the moment she mentioned Juju, I had decided to be on alert. I knew there was nothing like Juju in Europe but I decided to be on alert anyway.

We returned back to the room and laid on the bed quietly.

She asked who I was,
why I took her out,
why I was nice and why I was sympathetc to her plight. I had no concrete answers, so I just told her that I liked her.
I did not make any more move for another round of xexx and she gave up after just one attempt at raising my manhood again.
The following morning, she woke up and prepared to leave.
''I brought out 100 euro bill and offered her, she refused. She said I spent more than that on her the previous night. She just asked me to pray for her since she didn't know how to get out of her situation.

I wanted to argue over the money but since I came to Portugal, I stopped being extravagant with Euros.
I put the money back in my wallet and gave her my phone number. I took her downstairs and watched her walk slowly down to the underground train station.

I went back upstairs and thought about her. She was the first teenage sexxx worker I had met in Europe. She seemed to be regretting her line of work but one can never trust those girls.

An hour after she left, she called me. She said she was feeling bored outside and that she wanted to know if she could come back to my house.

*Was that why she rejected my 100 Euro, was this girl trying to play me or what. Maybe I should give her that benefit of doubt. Ozoigbondu who conquered the German police cannot melt for Jennifer. Bring it on Jenny*

'' You can always come to my place if you want'' I said, knowing that it was going to be a gamble.

She came to my place twenty minutes later. This time, she wore a different outfit. A sexy short skirt over a tight trousers. She wore channel perfume too. She looked good.
As usual, I became alerted.

*why did she decide to show up on a sexy outfit, something must be in the air. Sometime I would find out sooner or later*

'' You look sexy'' I said as soon as I opened the door for her.
She flashed a sexy smile and came inside the stair well.
'' Are you not working today'' I asked.
She ignored the question and walked ahead of me towards the top floor where I lived.
I sensed that she didn't want to talk about her work, so I decided to change the topic slightly.
'' Why did you decide to come back here today'' I asked again.

She stopped and turned towards me.
'' if you don't want me here, I will go'' she said.

She was still a teenager anyway, so I pretended that her statement was in order.

We walked to our flat and headed straight to my room. She settled on the chair and grabbed a magazine I kept on my small table.
'' do you need something to eat Jennifer'' I asked.
She said no and kept turning the pages of the magazine.

I left the room and went into the kitchen. I wanted to cook fish pepper soup before she called. Since she was more interested in the magazine, I took the opportunity to start the pepper soup.
When I returned to my room, she was crying.

*I was alerted again. This Jennifer debacle was becoming suspicious. I made a mental calculation of where all my money was kept. Majority of it was safe in the federal Republic of Nigeria. Some big chunk was in Germany. There was no immediate danger to my finance, so I decided to play the emotional game too*

'' baby girl tell me what it is'' I said with a very convincing voice.
'' I want to go back to Nigeria'' she murmured amidst tears.
'' I am tired of this life, I cannot continue. I called my brother in Lagos and he said I could come back and go back to school'' she continued.

'' Is that why you are crying'' I said for the sake of saying something.

'' What do you want me to do'' I asked her.
She said she could find a TC (travel certificate, a kind of emergency travel documents that can easily send you home from any country)
I asked how much it was, she said about 2000 euro could be enough for the entire process including Tickets to Lagos.

Her demand was not outrageous, so I decided to take up the challenge but she had to work a little for the money.
That was how Jennifer came to live with me.

13 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 9:52am On Jul 11, 2013
Chapter 68

My flatmates thought that I was just being extravagant with Jennifer by inviting her everyday but when they started eating deliciously prepared foods everyday for Atleast one week, they began to find out that she wasn't going anywhere soon.

It was my plan and my money to make her cook everyday for the flat.
We hardly cooked food in the flat before her arrival but as soon and she came to live with us, we were partying with food on daily basis.
I gave her 400 euros to buy foodstuffs and store them up in the kitchen. She bought large quantities of fish and meat and stuffed them in the freezer.

She would cook with beaf on one day and the next day, she would use fish and cow head.
Everybody in the flat was happy but before they knew that she was there to stay, they had already been bought over with food.
I felt one or two of them would someday ask me to tell her to leave. They didn't know her well enough to leave her alone in the flat. The only way I believed would work wonders was through food and it worked.

I escorted her to the H&M clothing market where she bought new cloths. She had decided to abandon her belongings wherever she kept them. She had come with some money, I didn't know how much but it was enough to buy her five different cloths.
I on my own side, gave her extra 100 euros to buy more cloths. She mouth two pullovers and a trousers more.

After one week, the food ration began to reduce. I wasn't going to feed them forever even if I brought Lucifer into the house. I own the room where she slept and I already had a bargaining chip; food.

After two weeks, the whole Jennifer affair changed. Her Madam who brought her to Europe had been looking for her. She couldn't report to Police since she brought her illegaly into the country. She told few Nigerians. They suspected that she had ran out of the Country. They had even called Spain and Napoli to check if a new girl arrived over there.

One afternoon, a lady stopped me in Colombo business district of Lisbon and asked if I was Solomon. I nodded and asked who she was. She said her name was Mary and that she was the madam of one Jennifer whom she heard was with me.
There was no need denying her accusation so I maintained my composure and asked who told her she was with me.

*When in a difficult situation, ask silly questions to buy time*

'' Bros, if she dey ya house, abeg tell her that I want her back this evening'' she said.
'' we don look everywhere for am and we no see am'' she continued.

I stood there and fast tracked my thoughts on how to manage the situation. Suddenly and idea came; Attack with more silly questions.

'' she said her mother is in Nigeria, what kind of her madam are you'' I asked and stared directly into her eyeballs.
She said nothing.

'' she is with me but she said she want to travel to Nigeria. She asked me for help but I refused'' I continued, knowing that I was mixing up the truth with lies.

'' she said she had nobody to run to. She also said you will take her back to your house if you know where she is. I have spent over 1000 euros on her TC but if your return 1000 euros, I will bring her back to you.'' I said.
She looked surprised. I believed she didn't saw that one coming.
She asked me to wait, then she walked to a middle aged man who had been loitering around the area. They spoke for a few minutes, then she returned to me.
'' my husband say we no go pay anything. she said.

'' Goodbye then'' I said and moved quickly down to the taxi stands. She ran fast towards me while at the same time, motioning the man to come.
She was on a high heeled show, it prevented her from keeping up the chase.

I dashed down the concrete stairs and diverted right. Some cabs were standing there. I jumped into the first in the line and said ' Rossio''.
The Turkish Driver started the car and raced away. I looked back and saw the two comedians waving the taxi to stop but it was too late.
I called Jennifer on the phone and asked if she was at home. She was. I redirected the cab to the Madrid Hotel and stopped. I took another cab and drove to my house.

I didn't particularly know why I was running. I felt that the Jennifer-recovery squad were more than two.
I didn't also know how they found out she had been living with me but that wasn't the major problem. I knew that as soon as the food stopped flowing, one of the flat occupants would squeal.

I ran up the stairs and found the apartment door already open. I had called Jennifer as soon as I alighted from the cab in front of the house.
As soon as she saw me, she asked what the problem was.
'' Your Madam and one other man are looking for you'' I said.

She didn't show any sign of surprise, she simply walked back to the room and laid on the bed.

That was it. The fear that had been following me had been confirmed, the suspicion I had been nursing since she came to stay with me had just opened up.

I walked to her and sat by the bedside.
'' Baby you know that they will come looking for you here'' I said.

She murmured something I couldn't hear but when I lowered my head and asked her again, she said '' let them go to hell''

It was all I needed. Time has come to battle it out with miss Madam but I was a little scared because those people were too involved with Juju.

13 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 11, 2013
BINI JUJU for dat matter

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by olenyi: 10:06am On Jul 11, 2013
^^^^^

Abi. grin

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 10:33am On Jul 11, 2013
Chapter 69. The Chase

I spent two days inside the apartment without venturing outside. I knew that miss Madam would be waiting for me somewhere in the dark corner of a building near my house.

I had two taxi numbers, therefore on the third day, I called one to pick me up in front of my house.
He drove me straight to Rossio area to buy food stuffs. It was a very open area, so I didn't fear being attacked by anybody; I was wrong.
A prostitute spotted me and called the madam. The news that Jennifer was with me had spread like wildfire all over the Nigerian community in Lisbon. The whole thing was becoming dangerous to me.
I was on the look out for her and her husband all through my shopping. Lisbon was a small city where everybody shops in the same area.

I saw her coming towards me from about 200 meters down the road. I brought out my Motorola Razor phone and put it on a recording mode.
The madam arrived and saw me carrying a nylon bag full of food items. She blocked my way and stood there vibrating like a toy gun.
''  What is it again'' I asked, trying as much as possible to be economical with words since my own voice was being recorded too.
'' Where is Jennifer, Na me brought her to this country. I spent a lot of money to bring her here. If you don't show me where she is, I will take your name to Olokun. You will die'' she shouted in my face.

I remained calm knowing that every single word from her mouth was being recorded.

'' What is Olokun'' I asked; More silly questions as usual.

'' Na mamiwoter be that, you don hear, na mamiwoter'' she yelled.
'' Ok, I will tell her to leave my place, if she wants to return to you, that one is her business. Please don't send my name to any deity in Nigeria'' I said pretending to be very scared.

'' Give me your phone number'' I said without hope of her doing that.

She refused and said I should just tell her to return to her house.

I agreed and as soon as I turned to go, she called my name.
'' Bros, I spent big money to bring Jennifer to Europe, If you want to live with her or marry her, you must pay me 40,000 euros'' she said.

That was it. The very line I was hoping to record. She had just delivered it unadulterated.
I just nodded and left the scene.

I returned to the house and kept the food items in the kitchen. I went into the room and saw Jennifer sleeping. I didn't want to wake her up, so I went back to the kitchen and boiled 4 eggs. I opened a can of cooked maize and a can of cooked green beans. I also opened a can of smoked fish and made Salad.
I ate alone in the sitting room. After the food, I went into the bathroom and took my bath, then I returned to my room and woke Jennifer up.

'' Baby we need to talk'' I said.
She kept quiet.
'' I saw your madam again today at Rossio. She confronted me and asked that I tell you to come back to her today'' I continued.
I brought out my phone and played back the conversation I had recorded. It was as clear as a studio-recorded conversation.

She listened carefully and when it stopped, she smiled.

'' What do you want to do with this'' she asked.
'' I don't know, but I will think of something soon'' I said.

My first thought was to go to Police. The European authorities had been debating over human trafficking and the suitable punishment for the offenders. It would be a massive evidence if they got their hands on the recorded conversation.
The problem however was that I haven't gotten my resident permit. My virgin passport was not enough to be a witness in an European court.

The Second option was blackmail; yes blackmail. I had nothing to lose. Miss Madam and her Olokun whatever didn't scare me a bit. I have never regarded any deity as powerful enough to harm me.
Blackmail sounded a better option but the problem was how to began.

I called Francis, my flatmate and told him what was happening. He said he heard they were looking for a girl but didn't know it was Jennifer. He was in for the blackmail but warned me to be careful. Unlike me, He was scared of Olokun.

The following day, I got miss Madam's phone number from Jennifer and called her. I scheduled to meet with her in Elephant Blanco restaurant.
I got there 30 Minutes before time and hide in a kiosk across the street. I smoked a Marlboro Menthol cigarette and waited. Some 20 Minutes to time, she showed up with two men I had never seen before.
She went inside while the two men walked towards me and crossed the one-way street to the kiosk. They bought a pack of chewing gum and sat on the concrete bench a few meters away from where I was sitting. I had switched off my phone when I saw them coming. I pretended to have received a call, put my phone on my ear and talked on the phone while walking away from them.
I crossed the road and walked faster towards the bus stop. Luckily for me, a bus was coming up.
I ran to the bus stop to be able to be there on time before the bus stopped.
(Unlike Germany where every bus was required to stop at the stations even if there was nobody there, Portugal bus would drive-bye if nobody was at the bus station).

I was in time for the bus. As I entered, I looked down the street and saw miss madam coming out of the restaurant while trying to make a call with her phone. I guessed she was dialing my digits but it was off.

As soon as I settled down in the bus, I switched on my phone and called her.
'' Where you dey, I don come for the place'' she said as soon as she picked my call.
'' I warned you not to come with anybody'' I said.
'' I am here alone Bros'' she lied.
'' No, you are with two Policemen'' I said knowing that the men were not police. I just wanted to push her to the edge to spill out her intentions.

'' They no be police, na my friends'' she said.

I hung up the call and waited. I knew she would call again and she did immediately.

'' What is it madam'' I asked that silly question again.
Before she could say anything, I cut off the line again and switched off my phone.
I stopped at the next bus stop and walked to the road parallel to the one I was and took another bus down to the SANTA APOLONIA train station. Then I crossed the Tagus River through the long VASCO DAGAMA bridge and went to a bar with snooker tables at Rua Antonio Calvaho. ( Rua means Street).

16 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by chinedumo(m): 10:49am On Jul 11, 2013
Sweet gist. I am enjoying it.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Tinynita(f): 11:01am On Jul 11, 2013
oh my jingles....i'm so luving this
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by FoxyRebirth(m): 11:04am On Jul 11, 2013
Omo see gobe grin grin
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by donigspain(m): 11:10am On Jul 11, 2013
Ghen ghen... See action filmgrin
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by atiku07(m): 1:23pm On Jul 11, 2013
Omo na serious Gobe o! This zubby sef looks more like a mafian oga zubby abeg come complete dis action film embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.