Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,208 members, 7,953,767 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:58 AM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (738962 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 3:06pm On Jul 20, 2013
Chapter 8

''Brandenburg changed when you left. We heard police arrested you but we were not sure. Fadi had been giving us weeds but sometimes he sold rubbish to us'' Marko said as soon as we settled down in Irish Pub Zoologischer Garden Berlin. He had brought two bottles of Johnny Walker for me as a goodwill gesture.

Since he had started complaining about Fadi in a bad way, I figured it was good for me.
''Marko, I want to return to Brandenburg but I am afraid'' I said.
I went on and told him that Jimmy threatened to kill me if I returned to Bratown. I also told him that the other Arabs were all involved in the plot to kill me if I returned.
When I finished, he was exactly what I wanted him to be; very angry. He was a Citizen of Brandenburg, born and bred there and lived there all his life. He was annoyed to hear that the Arabs threatened to kill anybody in his little domain.
I asked him what we should do about it, he said he was going to tell his group back in Brandenburg first, then they would decide how to handle the situation. I thanked him and took him near my apartment and asked him to wait for me in a kiosk near the U-bahn. I went to my apartment and dropped the whiskey he had given me.
I packaged 50grams of weed worth €200 and gave him. I told him what it was and he was very happy. He promised to call me that evening as I walked him down to the Pankow U-bahn station. He left and went back to Brandenburg his home town, his city.

As I had nothing else to do that day, i went to the Afro shop, the Nigerian rendezvous joint. The usual suspects were there drinking as usual and arguing about Manchester United, Chelsea FC, Barcelona FC and other Top European football clubs. I demanded for Semo and Egusi soup. It was brought to me by Chi Chi, a beautiful young girl from Onitsha. Akunne, the owner of the shop had brought a new girl. I paid close attention as guys made advances towards her. Irrespective of her facial qualities, she was going to be fat. The signs were all over her body. A man who was on the run didn't need such girls. They could weigh you down. I decided that I won't try anything. She smiled each time she passed in front of me. She flashed her white stainless teeth every time she wanted to say something. I guess she must have heard about Ozoigbondu. I decided not to buy anything for anybody that day.

The absence of Jennifer had started to tell on me. I had started missing her more and more as the days went bye. Sometimes I wondered what she would be doing. Was she sleeping with another guy, that inevitable question tormented me every other day. I had become jealous about her. Maybe because of the bond created between us by our troubles back in Portugal. It would have been easier to manage if I was talking to her but the absence of communication between us wasn't helping matters. I wanted to go to Bremen as soon as I had time but I still needed her to call me first.

The call came the following day after midday. She had gotten an interview date. It would be in three weeks time. The Bremen system wasn't the same as that of Eisenhuttenstadt where I had done my own camping. The news from Bremen was that people spent as much as six months up there in the camp before being posted.
Back in Eisenhuttenstadt, the maximum time was two months.

Jennifer said she was missing me. She told me about how guys were disturbing her everyday. She also said she rejected all of them but I wasn't convinced. It wasn't her fault but human hearts had a way of misundersting the simplest issues.
The summary of the whole thing was that we were gradually drifting apart. She was not in my long term plan anyway. The way I had planned to go to Nigeria, and Holland afterwards didn't have any provisions for Jennifer or any woman for that matter.
I couldn't take her to Nigeria. I was going home alone to rest and return to humanity. The presence of Jennifer around me could hinder that prospect. On the other hand, I wasn't going to take her to Holland when I returned to Europe because I was going to Holland to deal on the class A drugs; The cocaine. There wasn't going to be rooms for romance, atleast not in the beginning.

I shut down my mind and slept afterwards. Jennifer's issues can wait. Besides I had tried for her. I had risked my life and fought Madam Grace on her behalf. I had fought Olokun and some other forest gods just because of her. I was created for many things but dying for love wasn't one of them.

Marko called me late in the evening and said he had made plans on how to deal with Jimmy. He said the boys down in Brandenburg wanted me back. He had given them some of the weeds I gave him and they were rearing to go hard on Jimmy and the rest of the Arab brigades. I closed my eyes and slept again. It was time to have patience.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2013
D post.

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
Double post

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by lumzybo: 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2013
make una kuku ma dey tell the story na. OYA
ugsams:
we are crushing those Arab guys at the Heim. Oga Zubby should come and lead the battle front let's go there.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by bassette(m): 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
Ok from now till this thread is over I'll ony call u OZOIGBONDU!!!...pls keep d story rolling.its like am watching an action movie..'Gripping'
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by plainmirror(m): 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2013
Crush your enemy totally
*15th Law of Power*

(A means to ensure no comeback)
AC Milan would have won barcelona (on †нэ both tie of UCL) only if they heeded to dis law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by fckyourman: 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2013
Oga zubby where is jennifer now,is she still in germany.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by lumzybo: 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2013
See question ooooo......
fckyourman: Oga zubby where is jennifer now,is she still in germany.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by olenyi: 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2013
ZUBY77: D post.

Kai. This one Dey short oooo. Oga ZUBY, the thing no dey reach mouthful again oo. U know as this is the action part, it flows fast and as such, within 15 seconds, one is already through with it.

In Dare art Alade's voice

We need more, more girl. We need some more, more girl. grin

**PS** am beginning to think dat Oga ZUBY is using ''juju'' to hold us captive to this thread.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by olenyi: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2013

Guy u sure say u dey follow this story So?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by achi4u(m): 4:10pm On Jul 20, 2013
No.

She travels back to Madam Grace in portugal.

mitcheeeww

4 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2013
plainmirror: Crush your enemy totally
*15th Law of Power*

(A means to ensure no comeback)
AC Milan would have won barcelona (on †нэ both tie of UCL) only if they heeded to dis law.

Barcelona should have startd crushin dem since d 1st leg also
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Funpeter: 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
trying to create some problem her abi? Make una leave am jare
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by plainmirror(m): 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2013
Shawnmayor: Barcelona should have startd crushin dem since d 1st leg also
AC Milan had †нэ upper hand after †нэ 1st tie bt dey let final victory slip outa der hands @ †нэ 11th hour.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Geophem(m): 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
plainmirror:
AC Milan had †нэ upper hand after †нэ 1st tie bt dey let final victory slip outa der hands @ †нэ 11th hour.

and pls stop derailng dis thread,pls u can discuss football elsewhere nt here pls
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Elnuk34(m): 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
plainmirror:

Kids should try and leave this tread. That is why it's hidden from the public.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by lumzybo: 6:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
Tell them ooooooooo........

Elnuk34: Kids should try and leave this tread. That is why it's hidden from the public.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 7:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
Chapter 9

February 2006 was already on the rader. The cold was at its peak in North Eastern Germany where Berlin and Brandenburg were located. People hardly go outside unless there was something very important to attend to. I stayed inside most of the days as well. Johnson had brought my playstation 2 game console for me. I would stay on the bed and play whenever I wasn't on a thinking mode.
Reports from Brandenburg was that the drug supply had decreased. One gram of weeds were being sold at €10 euro instead of the normal €8.

On a cold early morning of early February, I received a call from Bolaji. Johnson was also on the line at the same time. I decided to talk to Bolaji first.

''Shaky Shaky why you dey wake me this early morning'' I had said. We called Bolaji ''Shaky Shaky'' due to his fear and panic when he newly joined the drug business.

''It is Jimmy'' he said. He was very excited on the phone.
I asked him what happened with Jimmy.
''He had been beaten by some unknown Germans'' he said.

Bolaji went on to tell me how they had beaten jimmy to a pulp and even broke his arm.
''He is on bandages and plasters'' he had said.
According to Bolaji, some young Germans had rounded Jimmy across the bridge on the other side of the Canal the previous night. They had asked him to hand over his drugs to them which he refused to do. They had beaten him blue and black and took the drugs by force. He wasn't able to get up until an old man who was passing on the road called the Police.
The Police had come with the ambulance and he had been rushed to the hospital. He had returned the following morning.

When I called Johnson, he had a different version of the story. According to him, Jimmy had gone to the bush across the bridge in the night to hide his drugs, some German boys had seen him and demanded for the drugs. He had refused and had pulled a gun on them. Unfortunately for him, the Germans had guns as well. They had overpowered him and gave him the beating of his life. He had called the Police and was unable to identify the boys. He said that Jimmy has been walking around telling people that it was a setup from the Africans. Johnson asked if I had a hand in it, I denied. I didn't want to scare my African brothers as well.
There was other versions of the story but the truth had come from Marko, the principal actor of the beating. They had waited for Jimmy around the HEIM for days but each time, he had managed to slip past their net until that very night.
One of them had called him to bring weeds across the bridge. He had gone there all alone that night ad they had sorounded him. They had beaten him and told him to leave town or they would kill him. Marko also said that Jimmy had promised to stop dealing. They had told him that they wanted to take control of the business in their city. It was their city and not some desert in Morocco or Arabian sands.

The following days, Jimmy had remained inside the HEIM. No one had seen him outside.
Among the remaining three Arabs, two of them lived outside the HEIM but in the same Brandenburg city.
Marko had promised to trace where they lived and hit them too.
I warned him to lay low until the wave of Jimmy's beating passed away. Those German kids always acted on impulse. I guessed it was because they were in their village, town and city. The worst Police could do to them was just to lock them up for a few hours and release them. Unlike we the Africans, Going to Police cells wasn't a big deal for them. They even committed petty offences intentionally just to go to cells sometimes.

Three days passed without any Arab seen with drugs around the HEIM. Fear had gotten into them. I called Jimmy on that third day and told him what I heard. He said he would find out the people who did that to him. I laughed loud on the phone and told him to get ready for the next stage. He was shocked to find out that I was involved.
As usual, he threatened to go to the Police and tell them about me.
'' Jimmy, I don't live in Germany anymore, I am a visitor and I changed my name'' I had told him.
I also made him understand that he would never find me but that I would make sure that they left Brandenburg.
One by one, I called the remaining Arab dealers in Brandenburg. I would first of all introduce myself on the phone, then the desert rats would start ranting until they get tired. I would then tell them to either stop going close to sell drugs in the HEIM or wait for their own attacks.
I called three of them and told them the same things.
The German Police were very good at detecting where phone calls originated from, therefore I had boarded a train and drove over 100km east of Berlin to Frankfurt Oder just to make the calls. After the calls I had boarded another train to Berlin and left the phone inside a waste basket on the Magdeburg bound train west of Berlin. I had wiped the Nokia 3310 clean with my handkerchief.

Bolaji was getting too excited. Jimmy had suspected his involvement in what happened to him but he had no evidence. The children of Brandenburg had started throwing stones on top the roofs of the HEIM to register their dissatisfaction on the low supply of weeds. After what happened to jimmy, every dealer in the HEIM was still scared to venture outside. Despite working with Bolaji, I never revealed all my plans to him. He was a loud mouthed coward who would squeal at any slight torture or threat.

Johnson was the only dealer who was courageous enough to show his face in the street but he maintained his selected few people who bought from him.

I called Marko to come to Berlin again. It was time to take over the Bratown properly.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
Survival of the fittest

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Yungbitz(m): 7:40pm On Jul 20, 2013
Ur life history is 1 hell of an epic seasonal movie.....i must say dis is d best STORY I have read on nairaland despite all d gr8 stories dat av surfaced on dis site....this movie is d ish ZUBBY....IT SO SO DOPE!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by fckyourman: 8:10pm On Jul 20, 2013
achi4u: No.

She travels back to Madam Grace in portugal.

mitcheeeww

As If I didnt know.

Mstewcewww
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 20, 2013
Bad Nigga, Dem don't mess with Africans.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by plainmirror(m): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2013
Elnuk34: Kids should try and leave this tread. That is why it's hidden from the public.

ℓ think Ʊ should watch your mouth.
Social platform doesn't call for insults.
ℓ believe dere are a thousand and one ways Ʊ cud have politely relayed U̶̲̥̅̊я opinion and not abusing U̶̲̥̅̊я miserable self.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nduking92(m): 10:17pm On Jul 20, 2013
zubby,u too much

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nduking92(m): 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
Viewing this topic: lil jboy(m), Lilyluv028(f), lucas12, oladimeji101(m), Datshyguy, Spiritmask, Nduking92(m)
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by horlabiyi(m): 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2013
Oga Zuby,abeg come continue this tori. Tomorrow na Sunday work-free day make I see something read. Salute

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Bash92(m): 10:30pm On Jul 20, 2013
You are the boss
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by achi4u(m): 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2013
I prayed that this story shall not end anytime soon..Amen.

Oga zuby,oya carry us the go!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by makizee(m): 10:54pm On Jul 20, 2013
I believe ZUBBY's story can actually be adapted into a TV series...nd it would sell, sponsors would rush in and money would be made..

A TV series would be better than a movie cuz this story long, ZUBBy would make a cameo, seriously if I had the means, I would get on wit it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Delis(m): 11:38pm On Jul 20, 2013
Its like d masterplanner of dis thread has stopped commentn... Now dat d thread is burnn. I'm talkn about Mazi Omenuko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by olenyi: 4:34am On Jul 21, 2013
Lets go dia.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by mordi4evah: 6:07am On Jul 21, 2013
makizee: I believe ZUBBY's story can actually be adapted into a TV series...nd it would sell, sponsors would rush in and money would be made..

A TV series would be better than a movie cuz this story long, ZUBBy would make a cameo, seriously if I had the means, I would get on wit it.

I had said it before,it will make a real Blockbuster. If some good producer lays his hands on it,if U̶̲̥̅̊'re interested hit me up @ least I can talk to Zeb Ejiro,Fred amata,Ramsey Nouah or whoeva U̶̲̥̅̊ figure is a good. Hookup and I mean seriously.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.