Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,645 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? (5053 Views)

Secondary School Boy Proposes To His Classmate On Uniform(video) / Why Is It That In Nigeria Graduate Marry Graduate&non-graduate Date Non-graduate / Can A Graduate Marry School Cert. Holder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by kismo(m): 11:13pm On Jun 23, 2013
Please all nairalandites, I need your sincere advice. I met a young lady during my service year as a corps member whom I fell in love with but she's a secondary school leaver. In fact, she's yet to make all her papers. Since I left the state where I served, my love for this lady has grown beyond what I ever anticipated. But the challenge now is that we are miles apart. To worsen the matter, she's trying to secure admission with the result she has into one of the Federal Universities in the Northern State. My fear is that I don't want to involve myself in a distance relationship because I have heard so much about it but the more I try to let her go, the more her thought comes to my mind. She claims to be a virgin and a born again christian. But I really don't think I can wait up to 4 years before I get married, though she promised to get married to me once she's in her second year in the tatiary institution. Will the wait really worth it in the long run? Please what do I do? Please I wouldn't mind constructive criticism and questioning. (I'm sorry if I had bored you). Thank you.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 23, 2013
LOL, you didn't bore us smiley. How old are you and how old is she?
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by baba11(m): 8:08am On Jun 24, 2013
i have one question for u my so called graduate.Are u truly a graduate with this your grammar?
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by kismo(m): 8:15am On Jun 24, 2013
Yield: LOL, you didn't bore us smiley. How old are you and how old is she?
I'm in my late 20's and she's in her early 20's
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by kismo(m): 8:24am On Jun 24, 2013
baba11: i have one question for u my so called graduate.Are u truly a graduate with this your grammar?
Please pardon me for this. Please I still need your opinion. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by Popowaa: 10:20am On Jun 24, 2013
Love does not look at all that,so far as she can express herself well that's all.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by Monicasque(f): 12:42pm On Jun 24, 2013
be patient otherwise lv her alone. She is yet to see what life has to offer and there you are with your selfishness
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by kismo(m): 12:53pm On Jun 24, 2013
Monicasque: be patient otherwise lv her alone. She is yet to see what life has to offer and there you are with your selfishness
please how am I selfish?

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by Monicasque(f): 12:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
kismo:
please how am I selfish?

coz u r impatient
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 24, 2013
Has she secured the admission yet? It depends on the life-goals of the two of you. If you're both determined to make it, with proper planning and focus, you definitely can. I know of a couple who did same, in this case, the lady was the graduate and the guy a secondary school leaver. But they were both smart enough to know what they want and planned properly for it. It wasn't easy but the guy is now a lawyer, almost done with his masters and doing just fine.

Note: all these happened after they got married.
So, my point: if you're ready to spend the rest of your life with her and you love her enough to go through the rough road, all you need is proper planning and you will both get there. GOOD LUCK!

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
kismo:
I'm in my late 20's and she's in her early 20's

Okay. smiley
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by jmoore(m): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2013
Yes, you can
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by davades(m): 2:20pm On Jun 24, 2013
I'm currently in a relationship like this...and I'm proud of her, all my friends including her bros & sisters were against it in d 1st place thinking I'm gonna use & dump her bt I stood by her, come to think of it she's a fashion designer bt me no care sha. so far she's making u happy and make sure u blend her to ur level like I did, now ppl like us a lot and when u see her u'll think she's a graduate. you still have alot of work to do bro

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 24, 2013
davades: I'm currently in a relationship like this...and I'm proud of her, all my friends including her bros & sisters were against it in d 1st place thinking I'm gonna use & dump her bt I stood by her, come to think of it she's a fashion designer bt me no care sha. so far she's making u happy and make sure u blend her to ur level like I did, now ppl like us a lot and when u see her u'll think she's a graduate. you still have alot of work to do bro

You sound like a keeper. Good man.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by kismo(m): 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2013
@Alutacontinua, she has not secured the admission yet. I told her to take her time and make her result first so that I can help her get admission in Oyo State, she said no. I would have loved to marry her before she furthers her education but she wants to gain admission first. Thanks
@davades, thanks. I will observe all you've said.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by kismo(m): 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2013
@Alutacontinua, davades, yield, how do I tackle the issue of distance? She's in Benue State while I am in Oyo State.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 24, 2013
TRUST AND COMMUNICATION!
Dt's all you need.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by Ugokings4luv(m): 9:00pm On Jun 24, 2013
Pls.my question is dat. if she end up not gaining addmission, can u stil marr her?
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by kismo(m): 9:19pm On Jun 24, 2013
Ugokings4luv: Pls.my question is dat. if she end up not gaining addmission, can u stil marr her?
YES. I even wish she can allow us get married before furthering her education.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by kismo(m): 9:20pm On Jun 24, 2013
alutacontinua: TRUST AND COMMUNICATION!
Dt's all you need.
Alright. Thanks so much.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by Ugokings4luv(m): 12:14am On Jun 25, 2013
Then u need 2 convince her by bringing her close 2 ur self
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by mkoabiola: 12:40am On Jun 25, 2013
DS is a serious assignment 4 u.
U av to brush her to ur taste,if not wala go de ooo.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by Originalsly: 1:13am On Jun 25, 2013
Question back to you....if you manage to wait and get married after her graduation...when both of you are graduates...and she goes for Masters and become more qualified than you...what would you do?...ask for divorce? As a graduate you should answer me....I'm waiting.

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by kismo(m): 5:51am On Jun 25, 2013
Originalsly: Question back to you....if you manage to wait and get married after her graduation...when both of you are graduates...and she goes for Masters and become more qualified than you...what would you do?...ask for divorce? As a graduate you should answer me....I'm waiting.
Lol. Well, I never said I will not further my education. My fear is waiting for her to finish and at the end she says she's no more interested.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by kismo(m): 5:54am On Jun 25, 2013
mko abiola: DS is a serious assignment 4 u.
U av to brush her to ur taste,if not wala go de ooo.
Yes, I have to, though she's not that bad.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by kismo(m): 5:56am On Jun 25, 2013
Ugokings4luv: Then u need 2 convince her by bringing her close 2 ur self
Okay. Thanks.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by milkydoll(f): 7:22am On Jun 25, 2013
Does d girl loves u d way u love her cos lov is suppose to b reciprocated xpecially d type dat wuld lead to marriage so dat u don't end up hving a divorced home nd u said u wuld like to marry her b4 she further,my question here is a u prepared 4 d marriage now as in finance cos d last time I check u said u jst finish serving,so let us know ur ansa
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by baba11(m): 8:18am On Jun 25, 2013
if u really want to marry her,don't wait till she gains admission into the uni,because she might not be yours after that time,just go ahead and marry her and put her in let say part-time programme to further her study.i tink u know beta!
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by elari(m): 9:35am On Jun 25, 2013
so u were sent to do ur nysc and instead of facing d service, u were just spoiling all my Tiv sisters and ended up falling in love with one abi? bros u no try at all o. u been no c all d corpers and single sisters from makurdi to Gboko?

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 25, 2013
A degree is overrated in the context of a relationship/marriage, moreso in the Nigerian situation.
It should only be a factor when considering financial contribution(s) to the union.
More important issues like compatibility, orientation, character, attitude should be considered.
There are very many annoyingly close-minded Nigerian gradutes whose disposition might make you question formal education.

My point is: you're quite myopic if you think that being with her long-term should be a function of whether or not she a "graduate". It's probably best if you left her be.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by kismo(m): 9:52am On Jun 25, 2013
milky doll: Does d girl loves u d way u love her cos lov is suppose to b reciprocated xpecially d type dat wuld lead to marriage so dat u don't end up hving a divorced home nd u said u wuld like to marry her b4 she further,my question here is a u prepared 4 d marriage now as in finance cos d last time I check u said u jst finish serving,so let us know ur ansa
Lol. I have a job now. So finance may really not be a challenge.
Re: Can You As A Graduate Marry A Secondary School Leaver? by kismo(m): 9:59am On Jun 25, 2013
baba11: if u really want to marry her,don't wait till she gains admission into the uni,because she might not be yours after that time,just go ahead and marry her and put her in let say part-time programme to further her study.i tink u know beta!
My brother, your guess is as good as mine. This is what I'm trying to avoid. Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Made The First Move On Him, Now I’m Regretting It / 11easy Ways On How To (toast A Girl )and Make Her Love You / Help!! Olosho Is About to Escape With My Hard Earned Money! (graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.