Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Fiancé Family - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fiancé Family (4404 Views)

Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. / Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? / My Mother Slept With My Fiancé (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 25, 2013
I could have tried to justify this or see the positive side of it but the part about summoning the wife-to-be's father? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

God knows anybody that tries that with my dad is on a looooooooooooonnnnnnnngggggggggg thing. Ain't no way I'm going to that side again, even if your President Obama's son. Which kain tin be that? op (even if I doubt this isn't copy and paste but let's just assume it isn't), if you still have lil dignity and self-worth and you want to retain it for some time, RUN!

I forgot to ask, what's the opinion of your fiance on this?
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 25, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by SisiKill1: 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2013
Yuck! There's nothing grosser than LOUSY rich people!!

Everyone wants the best for their children, poor oh, rich oh...they all want the best. The key is going about it with class.

Don't think because you are rich you can ride roughshod over everyone....like my grandma will say, where are you coming from that you don't have rope on your neck. I think that is too funny because it brings to mind the image of a mad cow cheesy cheesy, which is even funnier because most of these for-the-mama-ke rich women act like mad cows, barging their low classy azz into to places they aren't supposed and trampling everything is sight because they think the weight (of their money) allows them to get away with it.

What makes this sadder it's usually the oju o ri ola ri Nouveau riche ones who act like this, they believe everyone is a social climbing elebi like they once were, the ones who have had the wealth for generations are more discreet but all of that aside sef, even if one was uneducated and unrefined before the money came, now ya have....for the love of God, get some some basic etiquette lessons. Jeez!!!

OP I echo everyone's post - RUN!!!

Money does not buy happiness, it can't replace love nor can it generate peace and we have clearly seen it that it can't but CLASS. So If I were you, I'll be like asta -la (don't even bother to finish it before you are outta there).

First Rule about being "Rich" - You don't talk about being Rich! You don't act like you are rich and you don't NOT act right because you are rich. (Aiight was trying to do a Fight Club thing there but got carried away. Hmmmm Fight Club, Bloody Brad Pitt hubba hubba....errr....be right back, there's sum'n I gotta do lipsrsealed tongue )

4 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

What makes this sadder it's usually the oju o ri ola ri Nouveau riche ones who act like this, they believe everyone is a social climbing elebi like they used to be, the ones who have had the wealth for generations are more discreet but all of that aside sef, even if one was uneducated and unrefined before the money came, now ya have....for the love of God, get some some basic etiquette lessons. Jeez!!!

Nailed it!! Effing spot on!!
Re: Fiancé Family by damiso(f): 12:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
Unfortunately some of the kids are relying on mummy and daddy wealth to survive so whatever mummy says goes.

I remember one who told my sister he does not know where yaba is as he rarely ever crosses 3 rd Mainland bridge except when goin to MMA.So in otherwords he would never ever come visit her.She had to come to his house. angry.My sister deleted his no ASAP.
Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
I understand everyone's concern. However, before you enter into a rich family, especially from a poor or average background. You know there will be hostility. Of course the father can be summoned, afterall the girl is desperate enough and so is her family. Ahn ahn, you have not seen Nigerian's in action when they see a rich person. Even if it is for someone's grandpa to dobale for a child or wizkid's age mate, he would.

As for the guy's family, I understand. It is not easy to marry from a different background. Money is a spirit, severely affected by poverty thinking. Some people are so poor and insecure in their thinking. You will see them either anti-social or very aggressive when confronted with rich folks. Also, some people have deep poverty since their surnname was created. Rich people marry to form alliances. Otherwise they would not have that money. They maintain wealth with strong relationships. If you get married into such a family, what are you bringing to the table? If I was the mom, I would do the same! If she was a hardworking, successful,independent, no history of runs lady in her own right. Then I have no problem. They also have to make sure the girl can keep her mouth shut when it comes to the family. These people don't like their business out there. undecided. If she is excited about marrying the guy, it is 60% about his family name, and money anyway. These girls know these guys before the guy even asks them out. She could have decided to refuse as she is average and will always be told who she is. If she decides to marry into that family, then play by the rules. If you can't, get out. They became successful by playing by the rules too.
Re: Fiancé Family by SisiKill1: 2:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
Please let's not misunderstand the issue - No one is saying people can't do background checks on future in laws, Do it...in fact that should be the FIRST thing any parent whose child brings a suitor home should do but do it in a way that makes the other person still retain their dignity.

Except one's son is mild to severely brain dead, one can trust his judgement to an extent, no? So it's not like he's just come home with a girl he jammed on the street early that morning. The rest of the "finding out what kinda blood runs in her veins so she doesn't corrupt our blue blood should be done with DISCRETION.

By the by, we all kinda sorta know it's not about checking out the potential spouse, we know it's about oppressing but since we are pretending it isn't....I say let 'em do their thing but do it like a right thinking human being.

Finito!
Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Please let's not misunderstand the issue - No one is saying people can't do background checks on future in laws, Do it...in fact that should be the FIRST thing any parent whose child brings a suitor home should do but do it in a way that makes the other person still retain their dignity.

Except one's son is mild to severely brain dead, one can trust his judgement to an extent, no? So it's not like he's just come home with a girl he jammed on the street early that morning. The rest of the "finding out what kinda blood runs in her veins so she doesn't corrupt our blue blood should be done with DISCRETION.

By the by, we all kinda sorta know it's not about checking out the potential spouse, we know it's about oppressing but since we are pretending it isn't....I say let 'em do their thing but do it like a right thinking human being.

Finito!

Nouveau riche wouldnt do this trust me. They are still climbing up the social ladder. Their kids will never even consider a poor or average person as they too have experienced such a life, and are comfortable where they are. It is the ones with money for generations that will be humble enough to date someone out of their social status. I doubt if the father was summoned. When someone is insecure already they read meaning into things. I have a cousin who dated below her family status. The guy was very very hostile. He read meaning into everything. Tell me, can your mother not call your father in law for a meeting? Would this have been a problem if they were same status? Also, there is no way that family will go about it without the girl feeling uncomfortable. These rich people are more thorough and have more access to information about people, than regular folks. To walk into that kind of family, this is to be expected. They dont take their son's average play things seriously, till he brings them home talking about marriage. because they hope he knows he can marry better. If the girl does not like what is going on, why stay and send SOS to LIB? Dissing the family and spending time strategising how to survive the storm? grin. The girl is a long throat end of. And she is going in there with spite too. Goodluck to her. cheesy
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
LMAO! @Sisi and her LAWS and RULES bout being rich grin ...Nothing grosser than lousy Rich, Really?? Okay then .... dem haff heard you. cheesy

@cc , @last paragraph .....irinisi ni reciprocal ( don't know the last part).... yup! The way you present / carry yourself begets how you'll be treated/addressed.... It's as simple as that....the lady's father in this story subjected himself to such . Funny it still happens till date.
--------
I see 'Rich' as a Narcissist (Yes) mostly with unintentional behaviour i.e coming from good heart.... But the Paranoid 'poor' cheesy are always on their Achilles heels to sink their unkept frustrated teeth on the 'Rich' with their usual aggressiveness grin So no matter what, it's still and always will be a lose lose situation for the poor Riches grin
-------
@ , No problemo , e maa gbe keke yin lo. tongue grin..... what was I thinking before sef? grin
-------
That being said , I wonder what responses we'd get had it been the guy's parents were average..... I know I know *raises hand* but I'd keep it to myself for a day of reckoning so y'all watch out cheesy
-----
Ile you crack me up with your last rebuttal before I went to bed.... What correlation did those posts you quoted have with Useless and Sick?? Anything to score cheap points right?? *in Pitbull's voice : Nice Try* you sure have a knack for Editing wink

Baby123.... Do you know how much I love you? kiss grin
Re: Fiancé Family by ladygogo: 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2013
baby_123:

Nouveau riche wouldnt do this trust me. They are still climbing up the social ladder. Their kids will never even consider a poor or average person as they too have experienced such a life, and are comfortable where they are. It is the ones with money for generations that will be humble enough to date someone out of their social status. I doubt if the father was summoned. When someone is insecure already they read meaning into things. I have a cousin who dated below her family status. The guy was very very hostile. He read meaning into everything. Tell me, can your mother not call your father in law for a meeting? Would this have been a problem if they were same status? Also, there is no way that family will go about it without the girl feeling uncomfortable. These rich people are more thorough and have more access to information about people, than regular folks. To walk into that kind of family, this is to be expected. They dont take their son's average play things seriously, till he brings them home talking about marriage. because they hope he knows he can marry better. If the girl does not like what is going on, why stay and send SOS to LIB? Dissing the family and spending time strategising how to survive the storm? grin. The girl is a long throat end of. And she is going in there with spite too. Goodluck to her. cheesy

i think I agree with you. Especially the bolded. If the girl wasn't desperate to begin with she would have backed off immediately and not even gone to the extent of involving her father. This reminds of a family i heard wanted so desperately to marry into the former UN secretary general's family...... ok bye. grin
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2013
jidegirl12:
I see 'Rich' as a Narcissist (Yes) mostly with unintentional behaviour i.e coming from good heart

Don't we already know it! Awww, the unintentionally badly behaved but good hearted 'rich'. Rotfl!! The 'rich' can do no wrong! grin grin

.... But the Paranoid 'poor' cheesy are always on their Achilles heels to sink their unkept frustrated teeth on the 'Rich' with their usual aggressiveness grin So no matter what, it's still and always will be a lose lose situation for the poor Riches grin

Of course! The poor are on the other hand always wrong. Always paranoid, trying to sink their teeth into the riches of the innocent unsuspecting 'rich'. Lmao! grin grin

Never mind that you have no evidence whatsoever that this girl's family is 'poor'. Who cares about facts right?!

jidegirl12:
What correlation did those posts you quoted have with Useless and Sick??

In line with = the general sentiment is the same. Or are you telling me the people telling the girl to run are doing so because they believe these are decent, well meaning and sane people?

Now you tell me, how were those posts you quoted synonymous with hungry mongrels?

5 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by biolabee(m): 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
i wonder how rich the fabled people are

dem never reach dangote or adenuga or ibb or odili..

them dey fear for the small moni wey dem get
Re: Fiancé Family by SisiKill1: 4:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
@ Jidegirl
Lol...Yes, nothing grosser than the LOUSY rich, nothing grosser than the LOUSY poor, nothing grosser than LOUSY people. Please note the emphasis is on the behavior not their pocket. That one is wealthy does not mean they are exempt from behaving right.

I'd have the same disgust for a paranoid rich as I would a paranoid poor. I don't judge people or try to excuse/sugarcoat uncouth behavior because the person doing it has a fat bank account, if one is nastily behaved I don't care how much they have in their many accounts....they are nastily behaved period. Narcissism is narcissism....being a wealthy narcissist does not make it less or better.

Sadly, I can't take credit for those rules it is just basic common sense. Being WEALTHY is not an excuse to be badly behaved.

5 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sisi_Kill: @ Jidegirl
Lol...Yes, nothing grosser than the LOUSY rich, nothing grosser than the LOUSY poor, nothing grosser than LOUSY people. Please note the emphasis is on the behavior not their pocket. That one is wealthy does not mean they are exempt from behaving right.

I'd have the same disgust for a paranoid rich as I would a paranoid poor. I don't judge people or try to excuse/sugarcoat uncouth behavior because they person doing it has a fat bank account, if one is nastily behaved I don't care how much they have in their many accounts....they are nastily behaved period.

Sadly, I can't take credit for those rules it is just basic common sense. Being WEALTHY is not an excuse to be badly behaved.

Mwah!

No one gives a rats a*ss about their money apart from desperate money hungry people. The real problem here is the behavior. Do their percieved riches fuel their bad behavior? Yes, but the bottom line is their bad behavior. There are many not so rich MIL that behave the same way so what are we talking about here? If a poor family behaved the same way, the answer would still be the same. RUN!!

1 Like

Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
LOL@ your usual sarcasm.

Kuku write a petition and begin to persuade those people to sign them to prove to me that They are in fact Useless and Sick then I'd take your word for it!

In contrast.....My 'synonymous' tongue quoted posts has Failure, church rat, dowdy creatures to qualify the entire Family..... boohoo lmao! grin

Thanks to sisi with her new descriptive feature = Gross & Loud grin and not even same with Sick and Useless sef! grin
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
ileobatojo:

Mwah!

No one gives a rats a*ss about their money apart from desperate money hungry people. The real problem here is the behavior. Do their percieved riches fuel their bad behavior? Yes, but the bottom line is their bad behavior. There are many not so rich MIL that behave the same way so what are we talking about here? If a poor family behaved the same way, the answer would still be the same. RUN! !

What's the RUSH ...... farabale that day is fast approaching. grin sebi it's you?

* why is their MONEY such a grouse to y'all ?? A catalyst for their uncouth behaviour ?? What bout the Poor with same attitude?? Frustration? grin
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
biolabee: i wonder how rich the fabled people are

You carry yasef commot for hia angry angry
Re: Fiancé Family by AjanleKoko: 5:00pm On Jun 25, 2013
Obviously nobody commenting on this thread get moni, or is remotely related to anybodi wey get moni grin
Hence the bad bellicks grin tongue

4 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by SisiKill1: 5:00pm On Jun 25, 2013
baby_123:

The flip side of this could be - The people with generational money are soooo far up the ladder, even if they picked below them twill still be someone already on the ladder so there is no need to turn attack dog. The Johnny Just come, late arrivees on the other hand, now those ones are still very close to being off the ladder, they have to guard their just off the print mints so jealously, they can't act right. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Disclaimer
All of these is for fun oh, ain't nobody looking down on anyone or trying to flaunt anything or putting themselves out there. Subjects like these can so easily cross into the realm of the nursery school yard chants of my daddy is richer than you/your mommy is poorer than mine, which is why basic etiquette calls for not talking about at all.

Alls everyone wants from their fellow human beings - GOOD AND RESPECTFUL BEHAVIOR!

3 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
biolabee: i wonder how rich the fabled people are

Gat ur point bro,I can still remember how d odili affair hapned.no summonin or gross questioning for d poor lecturer mummy! Its all abt fear and pride!
One of d richest men in d east gave out his first daughter to a pauper who went to his house in search of employment! No summoning or questioning 2!
Kate middleton's parents weren't summoned but invited to hv dinner with d queen.
Its simply lookin down on one cause h/she isn't on d same level with u.
I was summoned and that gave me good opportunity to capitalise on my no.what a family! I hope they use wcd like everybody else!
Re: Fiancé Family by SisiKill1: 5:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
jidegirl12:

* why is their MONEY such a grouse to y'all ?? A catalyst for their uncouth behaviour ?? What bout the Poor with same attitude?? Frustration? grin

Really?!! That's what you are taking away from all of this?!

Okay.

AjanleKoko: Obviously nobody commenting on this thread get moni, or is remotely related to anybodi wey get moni grin
Hence the bad bellicks grin tongue

Haba naa, why burst our bubble...It is Pretend Tuesday today.

Now where is the key to my yacht....errr....do....yachts have keys? I mean of course they do, they have to right...that's how they start 'em and don't think because I am asking, I don't own one oh. I do! It's just that my driver....my sailer....those people who drive...who....make the yacht move on the water....always does all the heavy lifting. So there. cool

3 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 5:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

The flip side of this could be - The people with generational money are soooo far up the ladder, even if they picked below them twill still be someone already on the ladder so there is no need to turn attack dog. The Johnny Just come, late arrivees on the other hand, now those ones are still very close to being off the ladder, they have to guard their just off the print mints so jealously, they can't act right. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Disclaimer
All of these is for fun oh, ain't nobody looking down on anyone or trying to flaunt anything or putting themselves out there. Subjects like these can so easily cross into the realm of the nursery school yard chants of my daddy is richer than you/your mommy is poorer than mine, which is why basic etiquette calls for not talking about at all.Alls everyone wants from their fellow human beings - GOOD AND RESPECTFUL BEHAVIOR!

Have you been amongst nouveau riche? My dear, you will rather take dangerous gases. They are loud, obnoxious and by all means wanting to be seen and heard. They are more desperate to stay rich and most likely will do anything. They pretend like their families have been wealthy for 200 years, and will deny their poor relatives whom they started out with. Will most likely attach their history to a long dead moderately wealthy relative or a wealthy relative who doesnt know they exist. Some even change their names. They will even deny their grand parents or parents if they are not blending well. They look down on the poor and abuse them more. The really rich guys have been rich for long, and money is nothing. Their kids can be comfortable and more compassionate. Nouveau rich however? Never. You are more likely to see their female kids even indulge in high level aristo. Of course this is all for fun. But if you had money, old money and your son said he fell in "love". You will want to be sure. Most of these rich kids cannot survive without their parents money. You would want to know who is spending your money and what she is all about. If the guy had his own stuff and did not depend on his family ever, i dont think it would even be an issue. grin
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2013
@Ypp you've gat jokes .... how you take know all these things? Ehn? I thought Kate Middleton and Prince met in school hence Distinguished one ( institution) at that ? Or you think it's cheap where all D.ck & Tonto attend?

It gets better everyday cheesy
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Okay.

Haba naa, why burst our bubble...It is Pretend Tuesday today.

Now where is the key to my yacht....errr....do....yachts have keys? I mean of course they do, they have to right...that's how they start 'em and don't think because I am asking, I don't own one oh. I do! It's just that my driver....my sailer....those people who drive...who....make the yacht move on the water....always does all the heavy lifting. So there. cool

cheesy cheesy leave me joor!
Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
jidegirl12: @Ypp you've gat jokes .... how you take know all these things? Ehn? I thought Kate Middleton and Prince met in school hence Distinguished one ( institution) at that ? Or you think it's cheap where all D.ck & Tonto attend?

Kate middleton was a commoner, whose father had money. Serious money. but she is still referred to as a commoner. If you want to marry the really rich, you have to swallow some sh*it if you are coming from nothing. Dont worry, your kids will be your consolation. hehe. They cannot open mouth for your children, as they are one of them. There are also far richer people than Dangote and Odili in Nigeria. Please dont getit twwisted. Dangote is corporate, he has to declare his earnings. grin
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Okay.

Lmao at that actually surprising you.

Lmao at your yacht! You sef want to gum yourself to these rich people by all means possible eh?! Anyway, man must feel among now.. grin grin

All hail the rich, the faux rich and the wannabe rich! grin

1 Like

Re: Fiancé Family by ladygogo: 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
jidegirl12: @Ypp you've gat jokes .... how you take know all these things? Ehn? I thought Kate Middleton and Prince met in school hence Distinguished one ( institution) at that ? Or you think it's cheap where all D.ck & Tonto attend?

You know Kate middleton is still a Commoner compared to the royals. A commoner is still a commoner regardless of how much money you have, but i guess it changed with Prince William.
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
baby_123:

Have you been amongst nouveau riche? My dear, you will rather take dangerous gases. They are loud, obnoxious and by all means wanting to be seen and heard.

Exactly like the people in the OP.

1 Like

Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
baby_123:

Kate middleton was a commoner, whose father had money. Serious money. but she is still referred to as a commoner. If you want to marry the really rich, you have to swallow some sh*it if you are coming from nothing. Dont worry, your kids will be your consolation. hehe. They cannot open mouth for your children, as they are one of them. There are also far richer people than Dangote and Odili in Nigeria. Please dont getit twwisted. Dangote is corporate, he has to declare his earnings. grin

This ain't bout me Abeg oh grin
Re: Fiancé Family by SisiKill1: 5:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
baby_123:
Have you been amongst nouveau riche? My dear, you will rather take dangerous gases. They are loud, obnoxious and by all means wanting to be seen and heard. They are more desperate to stay rich and most likely will do anything. They pretend like their families have been wealthy for 200 years, and will deny their poor relatives whom they started out with. Will most likely attach their history to a long dead moderately wealthy relative or a wealthy relative who doesnt know they exist. Some even change their names. They will even deny their grand parents or parents if they are not blending well. They look down on the poor and abuse them more.

The really rich guys have been rich for long, and money is nothing. Their kids can be comfortable and more compassionate. Nouveau rich however? Never. You are more likely to see their female kids even indulge in high level aristo. Of course this is all for fun. But if you had money, old money and your son said he fell in "love". You will want to be sure. Most of these rich kids cannot survive without their parents money. You would want to know who is spending your money and what she is all about. If the guy had his own stuff and did not depend on his family ever, i dont think it would even be an issue. grin

Baby you have confused me oh....what you have here proves my point to the T!

Again this is not about checking the background of potential spouse, it is the manner with which it is done i.e loud and obnoxious.
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
ileobatojo:

All hail the rich, the faux rich and the wannabe rich! grin

Hear Hear * cling glasses* grin
Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 5:22pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Baby you have confused me oh....what you have here proves my point to the T!

Again this is not about checking the background of potential spouse, it is the manner with which it is done i.e loud, obnoxious

But we are only hearing this lady's side of the story. Is it possible that she is taking things a bit too personally, and she is insecure? I dont think the man's family is nouveau. They have accepted her have they not? The guy even gave ring. My dear, i dont think a noveau riche's child will get to that point. I have friends who are noveau, and my God i cringe when they relate with anyone below them. If not for long time friendship, me sef. lipsrsealed

ileobatojo:

Exactly like the people in the OP.

Nouveau riche will never marry average. Lai lai. Their kids know better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Privacy In My Own House (2) / My Husband Is A Loner / Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.