Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Fiancé Family - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fiancé Family (4406 Views)

Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. / Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? / My Mother Slept With My Fiancé (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fiancé Family by ladygogo: 5:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
baby_123:

Have you been amongst nouveau riche? My dear, you will rather take dangerous gases. They are loud, obnoxious and by all means wanting to be seen and heard. They are more desperate to stay rich and most likely will do anything. They pretend like their families have been wealthy for 200 years, and will deny their poor relatives whom they started out with. Will most likely attach their history to a long dead moderately wealthy relative or a wealthy relative who doesnt know they exist. Some even change their names. They will even deny their grand parents or parents if they are not blending well. They look down on the poor and abuse them more. [b]The really rich guys have been rich for long, and money is nothing. Their kids can be comfortable and more compassionate. Nouveau rich however? Never. You are more likely to see their female kids even indulge in high level aristo. [/b]Of course this is all for fun. But if you had money, old money and your son said he fell in "love". You will want to be sure. Most of these rich kids cannot survive without their parents money. You would want to know who is spending your money and what she is all about. If the guy had his own stuff and did not depend on his family ever, i dont think it would even be an issue. grin

i think you can still find this pattern amongst the so called old money peeps in Naija. Who is even old money in Naija sef?. No family immediately comes to mind. Maybe Ojukwu sha.
Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 5:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
jidegirl12:

This ain't bout me Abeg oh grin
grin
Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 5:28pm On Jun 25, 2013
lady gogo:

i think you can still find this pattern amongst the so called old money peeps in Naija. Who is even old money in Naija sef?. No family immediately comes to mind. Maybe Ojukwu sha.

A lot of the royal families are old money. Even old money shies away from nouveau riche because their money na new money and e just start. Average people are even better. Noveau riche might be living on loan. grin
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 25, 2013
baby_123:

Nouveau riche will never marry average. Lai lai. Their kids know better.

You have a point about their paranoia, general lack of decorum and common sense (like I said, sick in the head!). However, I don't think you can speak for every single child from such families as to whom they decide to marry.

1 Like

Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
jidegirl12:

Hear Hear * cling glasses* grin

Cheers grin Clink!
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2013
ileobatojo:

Cheers grin Clink!

Now lets get on that Yatch for fullest enjoinmeant cheesy

Kids oya disappear! Poof!!
Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2013
ileobatojo:

You have a point about their paranoia, general lack of decorum and common sense (like I said, sick in the head!). However, I don't think you can speak for every single child from such families as to whom they decide to marry.

I have been among many. They are the real social climbers. Their names have to last and endure, one way or the other. They would not even date seriously an average person not to talk of engage. My experience sha. Even the OP said the family is well known in Lagos and prominent. Not nouveau.

1 Like

Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2013
Back to work laughing hysterically jeez cheesy cheesy smdh
Re: Fiancé Family by SisiKill1: 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2013
ileobatojo:

Lmao at that actually surprising you.

Lmao at your yacht! You sef want to gum yourself to these rich people by all means possible eh?! Anyway, man must feel among now.. grin grin

All hail the rich, the faux rich and the wannabe rich! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyUo6rQ2rU
E ma dami duro (mi duro)
Emi omo baba olowo (olowo)
Ani wo fe da ma dami duro (duro)
Ewo won, won fe ba mi nawo (nawo)
cool cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fiancé Family by coogar: 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2013
baby_123:
But we are only hearing this lady's side of the story. Is it possible that she is taking things a bit too personally, and she is insecure? I dont think the man's family is nouveau. They have accepted her have they not? The guy even gave ring. My dear, i dont think a noveau riche's child will get to that point. I have friends who are noveau, and my God i cringe when they relate with anyone below them. If not for long time friendship, me sef. lipsrsealed

not all of them.....
it depends...... daughters are more likely to be obedient and follow the footsteps of their parents. i have a friend - son of an ex-governor in nigeria from a muslim background. he married a commoner - an igbo christian chic against his dad's wishes. to put icing on the cake, he even converted from islam to full-blown christianity!

men have to grow a spinal chord!

Nouveau riche will never marry average. Lai lai. Their kids know better.

they do more often than not.....

Sisi_Kill:

E ma dami duro (mi duro)
cool cheesy

it's official - you are insane! grin
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

E ma dami duro (mi duro)
cool cheesy

Rotfl! grin
Re: Fiancé Family by biolabee(m): 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Gat ur point bro,I can still remember how d odili affair hapned.no summonin or gross questioning for d poor lecturer mummy! Its all abt fear and pride!
One of d richest men in d east gave out his first daughter to a pauper who went to his house in search of employment! No summoning or questioning 2!
Kate middleton's parents weren't summoned but invited to hv dinner with d queen.
Its simply lookin down on one cause h/she isn't on d same level with u.
I was summoned and that gave me good opportunity to capitalise on my no.what a family! I hope they use wcd like everybody else!

na sooooo
Re: Fiancé Family by SisiKill1: 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
They can be well known, prominent and still nouveau. but all that is by the way. . .who wants to join me on my yacht? I'm flying the famous Italian chef. . .You guessed it CHEF BOYARDEE!! Nice huh? I know!!!! cool cool

PS
Errr...the party is BYOCO (Bring your own Can Opener, I was trying to get about 2 dozens at the dollar store and the lady told me $1.09 for one. Was like isn't this the dollar store? Where the 9c come from? Didn't even wait to hear what she had to say, I scoffed haughtily and walked out. That'll teach them)
Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
coogar:

not all of them.....
it depends...... daughters are more likely to be obedient and follow the footsteps of their parents. i have a friend - son of an ex-governor in nigeria from a muslim background. he married a commoner - an igbo christian chic against his dad's wishes. to put icing on the cake, he even converted from islam to full-blown christianity!

men have to grow a spinal chord!

they do more often than not.....

it's official - you are insane! grin

Not my experience sha. I knoww the people you are talking about. One of many who would not. Wedding happened last year or so. Think the chick has a kid now? Chick probably had to get pregnant before it was approved
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
jidegirl12:

Now lets get on that Yatch for fullest enjoinmeant
cheesy

Kids oya disappear! Poof!!

Lols! Yeepa! You haf killy me with your Engrish once again!

Yes o. Let's partay on my yatch jare! If I no fit get yacht, at least I go get yatch cheesy cheesy

*I know you're messing around with the engrish o* cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
coogar:

not all of them.....
grin

I've heard this story before. wink cheesy wink
Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sisi_Kill: They can be well known, prominent and still nouveau. but all that is by the way. . .who wants to join me on my yacht? I'm flying the famous Italian chef. . .You guessed it CHEF BOYARDEE!! Nice huh? I know!!!! cool cool

PS
Errr...the party is BYOCO (Bring your own Can Opener, I was trying to get about 2 dozens at the dollar store and the lady told me $1.09 for one. Was like isn't this the dollar store? Where the 9c come from? Didn't even wait to hear what she had to say, I scoffed haughtily and walked out. That'll teach them)

LOL, you would have to fly your guests in. What is wrong with you sisi kill, this your poor woman mentality is astonishing.
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sisi_Kill: They can be well known, prominent and still nouveau. but all that is by the way. . .who wants to join me on my yacht? I'm flying the famous Italian chef. . .You guessed it CHEF BOYARDEE!! Nice huh? I know!!!! cool cool

PS

All these rich people sef! Can't even spare their 9c for the poor people in the store. #God is watching you.

Chef boyardee, I know am! One of the top italian chefs in these parts! grin

1 Like

Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
Is Davido new or old money? He has the razz look sha, how come?
Re: Fiancé Family by coogar: 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
baby_123:
Not my experience sha. I knoww the people you are talking about. One of many who would not. Wedding happened last year or so. Think the chick has a kid now? Chick probably had to get pregnant before it was approved

i doubt we are speaking about the same person. this dude is here in the UK and he can't be bovvered about status or the class war in nigeria. he just wants to live his life and raise a family!

if the sons of such parents stand their grounds, there's nothing their parents can do about it. no parent would try such nonsense with me. rebellion is my middle name. an elder should better have a good explanation why certain things are a taboo otherwise.......i am going against the norm!

stillwater:
I've heard this story before. wink cheesy wink

how come?

baby_123:
I have been among many. They are the real social climbers. Their names have to last and endure, one way or the other. They would not even date seriously an average person not to talk of engage. My experience sha. Even the OP said the family is well known in Lagos and prominent. Not nouveau.

sisi has nailed it...
background checks are very necessary, it's the method some certain money miss road go about it that can be nauseating.....

1 Like

Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2013
coogar:

i doubt we are speaking about the same person. this dude is here in the UK and he can't be bovvered about status or the class war in nigeria. he just wants to live his life and raise a family!

if the sons of such parents stand their grounds, there's nothing their parents can do about it. no parent would try such nonsense with me. rebellion is my middle name. an elder should better have a good explanation why certain things are a taboo otherwise.......i am going against the norm!

how come?

Does she have a kid or not? I know who you are talking about. But dont play it like it was all smooth sailing. If he has his own money, then of course. But if he is depending on daddy. It is impossible.
Re: Fiancé Family by coogar: 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2013
baby_123:
Does she have a kid or not? I know who you are talking about. But dont play it like it was all smooth sailing. If he has his own money, then of course. But if he is depending on daddy. It is impossible.

she has a kid but the wedding was several years ago....
he has his own money. the parents sponsored him through some of the best british schools around. he's self-made now. he doesn't need his inheritance, he told me he would donate it to his church.
Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
coogar:

she has a kid but the wedding was several years ago....
he has his own money. the parents sponsored him through some of the best british schools around. he's self-made now. he doesn't need his inheritance, he told me he would donate it to his church.

Well, the one i know of who fits this description married late last year. wink
Re: Fiancé Family by coogar: 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
baby_123:

what's his initial?
Re: Fiancé Family by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
baby_123:

Wait o baby, so you know one case and you still say that it can never happen. Why now?

1 Like

Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2013
ileobatojo:

Wait o baby, so you know one case and you still say that it can never happen. Why now?

Girl got pregnant. And the guy is independent. grin. If you read my previous posts, you will know i am talking about those that rely on their parents money.

coogar:

what's his initial?
I.O? someone in their family's initial?
Re: Fiancé Family by coogar: 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
baby_123:
I.O? someone in their family's initial?

not him!
Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 6:14pm On Jun 25, 2013
coogar:

not him!

Those ones are even old money. grin. So my bad. wink
Re: Fiancé Family by damiso(f): 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
baby_123:

A lot of the royal families are old money. Even old money shies away from nouveau riche because their money na new money and e just start. Average people are even better. Noveau riche might be living on loan. grin

Sis, not all the royal families o abeg.You know say I be omo oko, those people from the Royal Families (wont name names grin)in the Lekki-Epe Axis are sure as lousy as hell.Gosh grin Worse than noveau riche sef.Come to think of it sef they are noveau riche cos most of those obas are glorified omo oniles grin.
Very razz buncha people.
And they fit into the picture OP painted perfectly.
Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 10:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
damiso:

Sis, not all the royal families o abeg.You know say I be omo oko, those people from the Royal Families (wont name names grin)in the Lekki-Epe Axis are sure as lousy as hell.Gosh grin Worse than noveau riche sef.Come to think of it sef they are noveau riche cos most of those obas are glorified omo oniles grin.
Very razz buncha people.
And they fit into the picture OP painted perfectly.

Sis, that is why i didnt say all. Most old money are royals because of the land in their possesion = taxes. This money goes from generation to generation. Plus they have the power to mould governments. I am not talking about baale's who became oba's. I am talking about the real kings. grin. And of course industrialists, and business men who for generations have sustained wealth. Dangote is even from Old money, and he capitalized on that wealth. The OP should search within herself and ask herself if she does not deserve such response from his family. Why will you marry a man whose bread is buttered by the crumbs from his parents table. Are you not a thief Will his parents be able to interfere if he is making his own money I am baffled as to how people still fall for these jokers these days. What if the parent dies tomorrow. You are left with a useless, spoiled rotten and irresponsible man as husband. grin.
Re: Fiancé Family by damiso(f): 11:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
baby_123:

Sis, that is why i didnt say all. Most old money are royals because of the land in their possesion = taxes. This money goes from generation to generation. Plus they have the power to mould governments. I am not talking about baale's who became oba's. I am talking about the real kings. grin. And of course industrialists, and business men who for generations have sustained wealth. Dangote is even from Old money, and he capitalized on that wealth. The OP should search within herself and ask herself if she does not deserve such response from his family. Why will you marry a man whose bread is buttered by the crumbs from his parents table. Are you not a thief Will his parents be able to interfere if he is making his own money I am baffled as to how people still fall for these jokers these days. What if the parent dies tomorrow. You are left with a useless, spoiled rotten and irresponsible man as husband. grin.

Abi o long and short of it is that said person must be able to call the family's bluff (like Coogar's example)if not you are OYO.I wonder how someone who has recieved the best education that money can buy will still not be able to stand on your own? I mean like a world class education is the best legacy ever.
Re: Fiancé Family by baby124: 11:56pm On Jun 25, 2013
damiso:

Abi o long and short of it is that said person must be able to call the family's bluff (like Coogar's example)if not you are OYO.I wonder how someone who has recieved the best education that money can buy will still not be able to stand on your own? I mean like a world class education is the best legacy ever.
What is a world class education with bad results or to a drop out? Daddy's and mummy's money is there. Education is just a formality. This is obviously a dependent child. If you are chopping my money, I call the shots. You become a baby to me, and I deserve to know everything even to the color of your pampers. If you don't like it, bounce o. As for those noveau riche royals, may God help us all. When they have finished selling their land. Their mind will come down. They kuku want to use their fees to kill as at the beach. They are well known to lagosians. Dami don't put me in trouble biko!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Husband Is A Loner / Nigerian Man Kidnaps Himself To Avoid Marriage / Couple Eat Alone With Their Kids At Fast Food Ignore Their Maid, Nigerians Angry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.