Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,206 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? (14126 Views)

To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? / Why Are There So Many Atheists In Nigeria Nowadays? / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by mrmayor(m): 8:27pm On Jul 19, 2006
lordimpaq:

@reverend
are you really a reverend?

The term means a Revered one or person.It does not automatically mean its religious in origin.though its used in many religious circles from Buddhism,Hinduism to Christianity.

I hope that answers your question
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by lordimpaq(m): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2006
i actually think its being misused in christainity
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by mrmayor(m): 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2006
Because someone is thought of highly or revered in his community does not mean he is any better from you.He has position of influence and people take his words seriously does not mean he knows any better.
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by swizzfix(m): 11:13am On Dec 06, 2007
[b]Religion simply leads to the under-development of society. As in naija's case,it has brought nothing but confusion amongst believers and un-believers alike.The christians believe that Jesus Christ is the only way.Forbid Him and burn for eternity !!!.Some Christians don't believe this , some interprete it to suit their imagination , While some other christians don't even know what to believe.To me,It Sounds ridiculous,  it's more like Bush saying "You're either with us(U.S) or with the terrorists"."Believe or be punished somehow" has been the basis of every religion and now we have people killing people in the name of religion.It is like a virus, passed down from generations due to man's lack of understanding of his immediate environments.Man chose to believe in deities as an easy way out so instead of finding what causes lightening,thunders and earthquakes,they started appeasing unseen gods.Anytime lightening strikes, People hide in fear,kill animals and even to an extent men, to appease gods (Probably the god of Thunder).But thanks to science which is like (antivirus or even  vaccine to religion),we can now explain and even predict most these events.All of a sudden Naija "christians"have become more religious than the missonaries that brought the religion in the first place.Science is all about proof.Thousands of years ago, who would have known that man would build very heavy ojects that moved in the sky even in space.
       This is the age of information and science.There's nothing bad in reasoning than just arrogantly believe in what you can't explain.Science explains most things it claims,though not perfect by any means, it is always open to suggestions and corrections.The age of Religions,Myths and superstitions is nearing its peak hence ushering us into the golden age of Facts and not fiction.[/b]
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by IDINRETE: 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2007
welcome to the forum  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by huxley(m): 1:34am On Mar 30, 2008
Well, for those you out there that are skeptical of religious claims and dogma, don't despair. You now have a forum (http://africanatheists.net) in which to organise and discuss issues pertinent to living as a non-believer in a sea of religious inanity.
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by SunGod1: 9:43am On Mar 30, 2008
How do i manage?, Hmm, let me see!

Like today, my mum forced me to go to church today because of some damn church bullshit special event which she is highly involved. She doesnt know i don't believe in all this crappy shit called god and jesus and all the other convoluted things christians trump up to bamboozle people.

Anyways, i went there just to prevent world war 3 and it was the most boring thing that has happened to me all month. The songs were totally made for lullaby's, the scripture readings were revoltingly fabricated and delusional to say the least. The preachings were absolutely senseless and widely unbelievable especially in their own warped version of interpretation of what really happened and the worst of all was the scam of always passing the basket round for offerings which i believe is a well organized version of a con and scam.

The annoying part of it is the sheer hypocrisy from the members. Its only that day they feel so holy and blessed and god like, lol. Raising their hands and blessing imaginary fables they call god and evoking holy ghost fires? Are the holy ghosts fire men or what? All this rambles and babbles don't make any sense at all!, Pssf

It was so funny seeing someone who just had a fight with the okada man that brought him and 30 minutes later, he was just in this translike position of being god like, lol

Christians are the worst charlatans in the whole wide world. The only good thing was that i was feeling drowsy before i came and i had to choose a quiet spot to finish my unduely interrupted beauty sleep.

Another positive was the opportunity to check out girls and the scattered asses all around. Apart from that, it was just an undue punishment that wasnt needed.

Well all for the sake of fitting in in a highly delusional society that believes in such bullshit, i chose to go and when the time really comes for me to show my middle finger to the world to set me free, i would continue to play the role of an obedient servant of the christian faith, lol

Isnt that what christians really want? Lest woe betide you for not going to church! grin

Fucking loonies! grin

P:S: Why do the preachers always have to babble so long trying to explain the unexplainable and wasting everybody's time and why don't these preachers always ask people to ask questions regarding what he has just taught them?

Isnt the rule supposed to be a reciprocal thing where by you teach and i ask questions?

Why does everyone have to nod their heads for more than 3 hours to a guy speaking balderdash and no body can raise his hands up and ask a simple damn question?

If that isnt the sign of zombism, then i don't know what else that is!

Bottom line , wasted day!
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 31, 2008
@ sun god cheesy

Why are you so scared of your mother? Tell her the truth tongue cheesy. You are only deceiving yourself, you know that. cheesy kiss
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by SunGod1: 6:31pm On Mar 31, 2008
@ sun god

Why are you so scared of your mother? Tell her the truth . You are only deceiving yourself, you know that.

Actually, she suspects since i dont give a shit about any of their christian breakfast meetings or night vigils. The truth is that she has been brainwashed by all these fickle minded christians and she sees only christianity morning , afternoon and night. That level of delusion is quite hard to let go off especially at her old age.

Besides if i tell her and he probably dies from shock, the other kids will blame me.

Its just a hypocritical thing i learnt from christians , so whats the point not using it to my advantage for once grin
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2008
Pleeeease, do you think your're so special that she would die of shock tongue Your mother is much stronger than that. Stop doing James bond and confess cheesy. Take responsibility for your actions and stop blaming christians for your hypocrisy, my dear kiss
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by Uche2nna(m): 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2008
@ Sun god

The only point I could garner from ur missive is that u find church activities boring cheesy And to tell u the truth, U might not be the only in that category. But then how does that explain the non existence of God? undecided
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by SunGod1: 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2008
stillwater:

Pleeeease, do you think your're so special that she would die of shock tongue Your mother is much stronger than that. Stop doing James bond and confess cheesy. Take responsibility for your actions and stop blaming christians for your hypocrisy, my dear kiss

Oh please stillwater, while i accept my mum has been brainwashed by you christians and their bible wielding lies, i also know how delusional she is when she comes to the issues of the bible and church. I have seen her go totally bunkers over my brother who changed from being a catholic to another pentecostal church and it really affected her health for a while thinking of what he did and it took sheer hypocrisy on his side to tell her that after 6 months that he was misguided before he came back to the catholic church and her health gradually returned.

Now you want me to deliever a nuclear bomb that what she worships all day is a bunch of belloni and a fabricated piece of fable? Now i should be pricing how much coffins would cost if i tell her.

As i said, i know the way christians think and their dogmatic approach to everything biblicial without opening up a bit for reasoning. My mom belongs to that exclusive club of delusional christians and she's better off hanging onto her delusions when it concerns the issues of the bible and christianity.

Uche2nna:

@ Sun god

The only point I could garner from your missive is that u find church activities boring cheesy And to tell u the truth, You might not be the only in that category. But then how does that explain the non existence of God? undecided

@Uche2nna

i guess your new here. Go back and search for all my other posts and topics about the non existence of god and later get back at me. Its no point being repetitive over such delusional stories and brainwashed people
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2008
Sun God:

Oh please stillwater, while i accept my mum has been brainwashed by you christians and their bible wielding lies, i also know how delusional she is when she comes to the issues of the bible and church. I have seen her go totally bunkers over my brother who changed from being a catholic to another pentecostal church and it really affected her health for a while thinking of what he did and it took sheer hypocrisy on his side to tell her that after 6 months that he was misguided before he came back to the catholic church and her health gradually returned.

Now you want me to deliever a nuclear bomb that what she worships all day is a bunch of belloni and a fabricated piece of fable? Now i should be pricing how much coffins would cost if i tell her.

As i said, i know the way christians think and their dogmatic approach to everything biblicial without opening up a bit for reasoning. My mom belongs to that exclusive club of delusional christians and she's better off hanging onto her delusions when it concerns the issues of the bible and christianity.

Nice to know you care about your mother, thought you were totally heartless when you had to repeat delusional over and over again when refering to her.
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by Uche2nna(m): 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2008
Sun God:

@Uche2nna
i guess your new here. Go back and search for all my other posts and topics about the non existence of god and later get back at me. Its no point being repetitive over such delusional stories and brainwashed people

Yeah, I have gone your topic/posts and I think I remenber reading your posts in the past. But just like other posts on Nairaland , I read just to forget  cheesy
Yeah, u did a good job[i] trying [/i] to prove that there is no God.

And if I were u I would try to convince my mum too. I would not like for my mum to be exploited in the name of religion especially when I am sure it is all hogwash
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by SunGod1: 10:57pm On Mar 31, 2008
stillwater:

Nice to know you care about your mother, thought you were totally heartless when you had to repeat delusional over and over again when refering to her.

It has nothing to do with being heartless. Once delusional, forever delusional. He is hanging on to something that doesnt make sense. Must i therefore favour her above other dim wits that she isnt delusional in her religious beliefs? While i admit that apart from her religious sojourn into the world of delirium, she has actually been a good mother in other respects aka business and motherly love but that stubborn aspect of not being rational enough to see the fraud and scam in all this christianity hocus pocus, is revolting to say the least.

Like tonight now, she was watching one of those fake oyakhilome crusades on t.v and she was grossly engrossed in it. I felt so upset how one man could hold her spell bound to such ludicrious activities. The irritating part of it was when he was preaching about speaking in tongues and teaching his highly delusional congregation how to speak in tongues. Guess what, my mum decided to learn from this charlatan and was actually participating in this ridiculous and totally annoying scam.

She almost invited me to watch with her but i guess she saw the look on my face as someone that didnt really believe she was falling for a 419er in religious matters and quietly allowed me to just go. How this people brainwash thousands of seemingly intelligent people everyday is a mystery. The amount of wealth oozing from these charlatans nauseats me the most because i believe the gullibility of christians including my mom pays for the obscene wealth these pastors posseses and when you challenge them, they counter claim that "He is a man of god and his wealth is gods making", (How stupid can christians be?) shocked

Christians are really the dumbest, daftest, most gullible and porous minded set of people on this planet to believe in such hog wash called the bible written by the most primitive and densest set of people ever to crawl on this planet and to further believe in the existence of a fable of the highest magnitude and spread such fables and call it the gospel.

Y'all need major psychatric evaluations to bring you back to reality.
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by Eibhlin: 4:25pm On Nov 12, 2008
I just got back from my first ever visit to Nigeria with my 10 year old daughter to visit her late fathers family. It was a wonderful experience and people were so kind and generous to us. I was however quite disturbed by the level of religious belief there, I come from Catholic Ireland and thought we were bad enough. What disturbed me most was all the praying and belief did not translate to helping the poor and I witnessed many so called religious people treat staff like slaves and demean them horribly.
I notice Jesus/God gets credit for everything good in both Ireland and Nigeria, when things go wrong 'God has plans we don't understand' or 'it's our fault for our sins etc etc'. Believers can never decide whether we actually have free will or whether God has the power to do everything - they just pick and choose to whatever works at the given situation. God is all powerful they say - but he can't save starving children because blah blah blah - and yet I should pray to him and ask for say a good exam result because he might decide to help me - WHY? - how could I deserve it more than a child starving to death?
I truly am gobsmacked at how delusional it all is. Ultimately I wonder why this God would decide to create a world the size of a grain of sand on a beach - in relation to our planet in  the universe. Then he decides to focus only on this tiny grain of a planet and come up with beings who are capable of unlimited evil and for what? so he can see how it all plays out like a Big Brother show? If there is a God, which I contend is a ridiculous assumption - he is really crap at creating peace and love. You can blame war and greed on everything except God but then you also contend he creates EVERYTHING. You can't have it both ways, he is either generally rubbish at what he does  - or he just does not exist.
I really did love Nigeria and we want to go back often, but I found the general attempt to drown me in religion quite oppressive and so have searched the net for Nigerians who can manage to exist there without having to go along with this religious charade.
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by mazaje(m): 5:56pm On Nov 12, 2008
i was almost harmed in nigeria 2 months ago when i told the deluded freaks out there that i do not believe in their imaginary gods. . . . .
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by BloodShed: 2:46pm On Nov 13, 2008
Christians, particularly Nigerian Christians (or African Christians for that matter) are among the most gullible, delusional, most stupid people to walk the face of the earth.

I mean, I know people want something to believe in, but:

LMAO when Some people come to your country, beat your people, rape your women, kidnap your children, but have  the f***ing cheek to turn around and say, ''but take this book, God loves you. smiley wink '' Then ALL OF A SUDDEN you're all lovers of this God (who champions slavery by the way). Sometimes I wonder didn't at least ONE Nigerian think like ''hmm, maybe that nice little white lady was lying to me'', or ''why is this violent angry white man trying to feed me this belief?''.

Africans have been brainwashed with this bullshit on a whole nother level and these Nigerian Christians are even more religious than those who gave it to them. In the UK you think mans give a tos about this bullshit religious stuff. THEY HAVE MOVED ON!!!

Whats really funny is how these over the top Nigerian Christians are always quick to call people that question religions ''demons'' and try and hurt them (so much for christians being so loving lol) yet always try and behave like they are better than everybody else. Christians are the biggest hypocrites. Christianity is mind control to the fullest and nobody is more fooled than the Africans.
I find it funny when all these girls that try and invite me to their church are always like ''I feel sorry for you'', yet they are the ones brainwashed by outsiders.

Nigerian Christians, you know that Christianity was brought to us, so know yourselves. You're ''loving'' God has proved to be an incompetent asshole if he left it up to slavedrivers to bring you his religion under false pretences. And he must have wanted it that way because he's all knowing and has a plan.
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by manmustwac(m): 9:37pm On Jan 24, 2009
@post
well its not easy being an atheist in nigeria and i have nothing but the utmost respect for all those who have the courage to comeout with their atheism.
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by dogmafree(m): 7:39am On May 03, 2009
I hope this thread is not dead. I stumbled upon this website while searching for Nigerian atheists. I'm glad I found it. I am still a closet atheist like many Nigerians out there. I didn't realize Nigerians could be so open about this stuff. Thats the power of the internet i guess. I have never disclosed my true feelings to any of my family members. I have always been skeptical of religion, but never had the guts to face reality. I grew up a muslim in Nigeria. My dad is so religious. He even prays 5 times daily. I and my siblings attended "ile keu" or islamic madrasa. I honestly feel my childhood was wasted on all this nonsense. I am glad I have come to my senses and would never put my children true this.

Religion is the biggest 419 in the world. A scam. Parasites. An unappointed middleman between people and "God". They make so much money tax free. Whao! Total mind control. I think religion is worse than slavery. At least a with slavery, you know what the master is doing to you is totally wrong.  Religions has control over your body, mind and money. They use hell fire and the afterlife to scare you into submission. How can anyone be so sure of the afterlife that they blow their selfs up? Its sick.

For those of you who are religious. Ask yourself. Why are there thousands of different religions out there? And why is your religion the true one? You happen to be in your faith today because you were born into your religion. All religions cannot be true, right? If the bible is gods word and the koran is gods word, then god must have two words, or may i say thousands of words. You belivers need to study history to see how religion has evolved over the centuries. Religion was invented by man and is been refined from generation to generation, with man modifying it as he see fit. Look at resent history, life expectancy was so bad. you had to have several children because you know not all of them would survive. Look at all the diseases that have afflicted our civilization.  The Black Plague killed off half of Europe's population in the 14th century. Look at the what Hitler did. Killed 6 million Jews! What god? People actually believed that disease was punishment from god. So why don't we have millions of people dying today then? The answer is the advancement of man. or, science. Also, slave traders justified slavery with the bible. The church made it legal. I mean how can your people be enslaved and then give you their religion to? Its insane.

I believe religions were invented to help explain the world and control people. Karl Marx put it best when he said " Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people." It is used as a painkiller or sedative. This is why people turn to religion when the are oppressed in life, or when the face prosecution. They use it to justify their situation thinking there is a better life after this one. Unfortunately, this is the only life their is.
       Imagine the world with no religion. No crusades, No wars, No September 11. Just Imagine. All the wars are a result of religion! Israel vs Palestine. Look at the situation in Nigeria. muslims vs christians. Sharia law. Honor killings. I think the world would be a much better place without religion. Science would progress much faster. scientist would be able to do their research without the christian fundamentalist getting in the way. Unfortunately, religion is a cancer that is here to stay. It will take a while to fight off this cancer. Religion has served its purpose and its time to move on people. This is the only paradise we would every know. pls don't ruin it for everyone else.
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by Badriyyah(f): 8:39am On May 03, 2009
Hmmm. I'm a Christian but I know a couple of Atheists in Nigeria, they are all expatriates so I guess it doesn't really affect them. But I can understand that being an Atheist in Nigeria could be tough, you'll probably be accused of being possessed etc, -.-.
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by dogmafree(m): 7:21pm On May 03, 2009
Badriyyah:

Hmmm. I'm a Christian but I know a couple of Atheists in Nigeria,

Atheist don't come out in Nigeria because atheism is seen as a taboo. atheist's are still not fully accepted in developed countries like the U.S, so Nigeria still have a long way to go. According to Sharia Law, the punishment for been an unbeliever is death. So anyone in his right mind better keep is atheism to him/herself. I don't plan on disclosing my beliefs anytime soon. I don't want to be stoned to death by mullahs with shit for brains. I am just going to do my part not to indoctrinate my own children with fairy tales of religion.
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by huxley(m): 8:11pm On May 03, 2009
dogmafree:

I hope this thread is not dead. I stumbled upon this website while searching for Nigerian atheists. I'm glad I found it. I am still a closet atheist like many Nigerians out there. I didn't realize Nigerians could be so open about this stuff. Thats the power of the internet i guess. I have never disclosed my true feelings to any of my family members. I have always been skeptical of religion, but never had the guts to face reality. I grew up a muslim in Nigeria. My dad is so religious. He even prays 5 times daily. I and my siblings attended "ile keu" or islamic madrasa. I honestly feel my childhood was wasted on all this nonsense. I am glad I have come to my senses and would never put my children true this.

Religion is the biggest 419 in the world. A scam. Parasites. An unappointed middleman between people and "God". They make so much money tax free. Whao! Total mind control. I think religion is worse than slavery. At least a with slavery, you know what the master is doing to you is totally wrong.  Religions has control over your body, mind and money. They use hell fire and the afterlife to scare you into submission. How can anyone be so sure of the afterlife that they blow their selfs up? Its sick.

For those of you who are religious. Ask yourself. Why are there thousands of different religions out there? And why is your religion the true one? You happen to be in your faith today because you were born into your religion. All religions cannot be true, right? If the bible is gods word and the koran is gods word, then god must have two words, or may i say thousands of words. You belivers need to study history to see how religion has evolved over the centuries. Religion was invented by man and is been refined from generation to generation, with man modifying it as he see fit. Look at resent history, life expectancy was so bad. you had to have several children because you know not all of them would survive. Look at all the diseases that have afflicted our civilization.  The Black Plague killed off half of Europe's population in the 14th century. Look at the what Hitler did. Killed 6 million Jews! What god? People actually believed that disease was punishment from god. So why don't we have millions of people dying today then? The answer is the advancement of man. or, science. Also, slave traders justified slavery with the bible. The church made it legal. I mean how can your people be enslaved and then give you their religion to? Its insane.

I believe religions were invented to help explain the world and control people. Karl Marx put it best when he said " Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people." It is used as a painkiller or sedative. This is why people turn to religion when the are oppressed in life, or when the face prosecution. They use it to justify their situation thinking there is a better life after this one. Unfortunately, this is the only life their is.
       Imagine the world with no religion. No crusades, No wars, No September 11. Just Imagine. All the wars are a result of religion! Israel vs Palestine. Look at the situation in Nigeria. muslims vs christians. Sharia law. Honor killings. I think the world would be a much better place without religion. Science would progress much faster. scientist would be able to do their research without the christian fundamentalist getting in the way. Unfortunately, religion is a cancer that is here to stay. It will take a while to fight off this cancer. Religion has served its purpose and its time to move on people. This is the only paradise we would every know. pls don't ruin it for everyone else.

Very well said and welcome to Nairaland and am glad you found us here. There are a few atheists you grace this section in NL and to the best of my knowledge, the atheists posts have helped some people see the unbridled scam the religion is.

It is a shame that you live in an environment that is intolerant to ideas, particularly such salutory ideas as rationalism and skepticism, and you are forced to lead a life that is inconsistent with your innermost feelings. Over the years, the religionist have so persecuted all skeptics in their communities that all nascents seeds of rationalism and atheism have been eliminated. Little did the religionists reckon that the rationalism which they sought to eliminate was going to produce such technologies as the internet which will ensure that religion henceforth would enter into a terminally dying spiral. The fact that you found atheists on NL is testament to that. At the very least, if you are not able to do some rationalist (and atheism ) activism in the flesh in you community, I hope you stay here and help rid that world of this monstrosity of religion. In fact, we need people with roots in the islamic tradition who would spearhead the challenge against the islamicists.

So once again, we are happy to see you here.
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by Ascony(m): 10:07am On May 04, 2009
my my my
all well said
As for me, beign an atheist here in naija is nothing much to me. i dont face any challenges because i hardly explain my atheistic philosophies to people except close friends and the liberal minded. I dont see it as a fight or a debate to make people see that God does not exist, all we have to do is to let them see the reasons why we dont "believe" anymore, and if they dont get it then so be it.
just as it is hard for a christian to convert to muslim, its also very hard to convert a religious person to atheism.
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by mazaje(m): 11:43am On May 04, 2009
Ascony:

my my my
all well said
As for me, beign an atheist here in naija is nothing much to me. i dont face any challenges because i hardly explain my atheistic philosophies to people except close friends and the liberal minded. I dont see it as a fight or a debate to make people see that God does not exist, all we have to do is to let them see the reasons why we dont "believe" anymore, and if they dont get it then so be it.
just as it is hard for a christian to convert to muslim, its also very hard to convert a religious person to atheism.

very well said. . . .
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by thisnigga(m): 3:55pm On May 16, 2009
first of all i think dem atheists got a point.

bt then im kinda confused about this whole religion thing, cuz i dunno,2 its jus kind of comforting ta tlk to God about personal stuff.

BUT.
at times i try to be a realist and think outside the box,
i DO beleive in the afterlife ryt, bt i cant imagine how jus ONE religion could be ryt, and the rest of the world should go burn in ashes in this perpetual hell everyone's talking about. its absurd!

i beleive in Jesus ryt, but then christianity has been sooooo adulterated, i cant even trust the king james version!

and i feel islam is too puritanical

bt then i feel atheists' lives are kinda boring, uno trustingh philosophy, and that we will all jus die and dats it

i jus got one question,
can ANYONE CONVINCE ME WHiCH IS RYT? undecided
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by bawomolo(m): 5:41pm On May 16, 2009
ha ha some atheist on this thread seem to be going through the mad antagonistic phase. ha ha
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by thisnigga(m): 1:53pm On May 22, 2009
bawomolo:

ha ha some atheist on this thread seem to be going through the mad antagonistic phase. ha ha
hey stupid, i wasnt an atheist before. i just aint stupid enough to beleive dem puritanical lies no more, chao, tongue
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by hackney(m): 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2009
A fool has said in his heart: "there is no God"

Go to the mountain tops and take a good look , stare into the sky on a clear cloudless night and
you will see that there is GOD

The next time you see a simple butterfly, have another look, what a design!!!

Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by toneyb: 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2009
hackney:

Go to the mountain tops and take a good look , stare into the sky on a clear cloudless night and

What you see is the environment around you. Unless if you mean the sky is god.

So god is the design? .
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by girl22(f): 8:50pm On Jun 12, 2009
i dont beleive in a supreme being. i do know there is a spirtual realm like ghost ect.

i beleive that we are all created from the sae energy and is equal to that energy we the universe is created from.

people beleive in god because they do not recognize the power within themselves and looks for soemthing that deos not exist
Re: Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? by bawomolo(m): 8:54pm On Jun 12, 2009
hackney:

intelligent design has already being discredited in academia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Letter From One Of The Most Evil King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missiona / Ebubemonso Emmanuel Obimma To Buhari: Resign Now, Your Govt A Disappointment / Has Noah's Ark Been Discovered?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.