Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (86410 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 30, 2013
iv4fb: @seunlayi, now your statement got me really pissed up. What do u mean Jamaica's doctrine is different from Nigeria? Was John raised in Jamaica? Was Odih love raised in Jamaica? She was made and spent her childhood in kaduna, brewed behind d 4 walls of hyporcrisy, necessitated by the exalted position of her parents, and do you know how long she spent @ is it AkwaIbom now or Crossriver.

Don't give me that crap of doctrines. Don't hold brief for nobody, let's be realistic, we're not under bondage and we should not condescend so low.

I'm not saying what they did was bad but by deeperlife's standard it was so wrong that if were done by some lower pastors, even the pastors will be told to drop their portfolios.

This just shows the capability of the future generations of deeperlife, they'll certainly destroy everything the founder stood for. By virtue of standards in 'the industry', someone like John can inherit the church, what will he preach?

Our standard is JESUS not MAN.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 30, 2013
iv4fb: @sheggun1, bros oyibo dey hard u, I say wetin dem wear dey contrary to wetin dem dey teach. What she wore might be fine but by deeperlife standard, it is a sin- a grievous sin, a sin that's sufficient for them to cancel ur wedding.

Who determines what is SIN , GOD or MAN ?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 30, 2013
DrummaBoy: Very typical deeper life

Morale: The deeper life makes U conform to their standard. There is no freedom to think: U do as U are told.

It is a pity...

A real pity Bro, we are to conform to the model that Jesus set and not the standards of MEN who have now taken the position of Christ in the church.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by novicali: 10:34am On Jun 30, 2013
lastpage: While we are at this "DOCTRINE/TRADITION MATTER", l will like anyone who has sound "spiritual/Biblical knowledge" (not fanatical please) grin to explain one thing to me:

Why are "MEN" required to remove their CAP, when they enter church?

[b]*How does donning a CAP stops one from worshiping God?

*Is it a sign of respect for God?

*Does the CAP prevent God from answering the men's prayer? (I notice that women wear their own head-gear without problem)

*DOes it conform to modern-day Christianity (I know Christ has "fulfilled" some aspect of the "Moses Doctrine" which Jesus himself once referred to as "given to you because of the hardness of your heart"; e.h 'An eye for an Eye'.)

*I like to wear my CAP from house and leave it on throughout till l come back home but l dont like to offend others in church or make them think maybe l am just arrogant.
If it has no "sound Biblical backing" or if it is just "Tradition of men", l will like to discuss it with a few associates and see how we can enlighten ourselves, to the glory of God.

*But if it is a "spiritual requirement of God", then it has to be respected and obeyed.

What is your take, from a Biblical and spiritual perspective?

What l want:
*someone to point out the Biblical backing to this practice, both in CONTEXT and APPLICATION.

Thanks.
[/b]
Lastpage!
I will like to sum it up like this: God is not looking at our outward appearance before answering or accepting our prayer or worship as the case may be. In that case whether you put on Cap of not God is looking at the heart of the person speaking or conducting the activity. On the other hand there is nothing wrong in a Christian eating food that is served to an Idol, ( cos the Bible says in reality there is no Idol, which of course nullifies whatever respect or fear accorded to an Idol)but because of the brother or sister whose faith is little one should not eat the food that is served to an Idol. Because most people have been indoctrinated with this idea (as a result they have grown up in their Christian faith with it) and because they have not come up to the level where you are, therefore, for their sake putting on cap while praying is not encouraging. In conclusion, he that is having his cap on his head while praying has done no wrong and he that is without his cap on his head while praying has done no wrong!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by kennyfao(m): 10:41am On Jun 30, 2013
dabrake:
lunatic
U're the real Lunatic here, Is he not saying the truth? Hw does it reduce the price of GARRI?

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by olayiwola9(m): 10:42am On Jun 30, 2013
novicali:
I will like to sum it up like this: God is not looking at our outward appearance before answering or accepting our prayer or worship as the case may be. In that case whether you put on Cap of not God is looking at the heart of the person speaking or conducting the activity. On the other hand there is nothing wrong in a Christian eating food that is served to an Idol, ( cos the Bible says in reality there is no Idol, which of course nullifies whatever respect or fear accorded to an Idol)but because of the brother or sister whose faith is little one should not eat the food that is served to an Idol. Because most people have been indoctrinated with this idea (as a result they have grown up in their Christian faith with it) and because they have not come up to the level where you are, therefore, for their sake putting on cap while praying is not encouraging. In conclusion, he that is having his cap on his head while praying has done no wrong and he that is without his cap on his head while praying has done no wrong!
but ur outward appearance could mislead other people. tell me just of recent a pastor was trending on YouTube, even though she had passed a good message clearly her outward appearance was d one thing we talked about.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by mankind80(m): 10:46am On Jun 30, 2013
abi churchi deeper life lo nlo...o dayan mo o mo badooo
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 10:49am On Jun 30, 2013
busolayemi: Pls guys, deeper life isn't a cult...yes they have strict laws and all but dat doesn't make them a cult......that said, what a lot of you ere myt not understand is that in deeper life, it is always about the pastors and the parents. That's why you'll see a deeper life brought up youth leave the church as soon as he/she finds him/herself outside the confines of the parents....and am realy scared for deeper life, cos they obviously aren't so concerned for this youth which apens to be the future of the church. How do u explain a church where 98percent of the youths don't believe in the doctrine. They don't even know what their children are capable of doin...cos they were brought up to pretend...they pretend to be sumtin else at home, and sumtin else in schools...I remember back then in school (cos I attended a private uni) I had to abide by the rules at home, cos if I don't, who will pay my fees But as soon as I was out of the uni, my parents got to know the real me...infact, at a time, the pastor was going to make me a youth leader cause he felt I was really 'one of them'....and a lot of the brothers saw 'fake' will of God to me for marriage...I laff in french....bottomline, deeper life should watch it...they should allow their youth sum space...allow them have a mind of their own...so at least, u can get to kno who ur children are and where to focus your prayers...I rest my case...I am a worker at RCCG....workers meeting on point...see you afta church and stay blessed

You too... stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by olamisegbe(m): 10:49am On Jun 30, 2013
olayiwola9:
but ur outward appearance could mislead other people. tell me just of recent a pastor was trending on YouTube, even though she had passed a good message clearly her outward appearance was d one thing we talked about.
message frm d strippers pole or smtin lyk dt...chia I no even listen to wetin she dey talk..na anoda tin...
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by olayiwola9(m): 10:54am On Jun 30, 2013
@all judges present on here, I think u should know that the statement reads that pastor kumuyi was not in attendance and all efforts by the pastors who attended from Nigeria to correct things were in vain. u should also know dat d deeper life church doctrines and culture of us Nigerians cannot be fully accepted by Jamaicans just because we bring d gospel to them.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 30, 2013
olayiwola9:

First of all , the lady on YouTube was not a sister , it was a video created for mockery and ridicule.

Secondly,I agree with you , we should be careful the way we dress so as not to entice others, which means not showing cleavage, bosoms hanging out etc, but this is not the point here.

The sister dressed very decently with light make-up and a beautiful dress , there was nothing untoward about her appearance.

We should leave this young couple to enjoy their marriage and not burden them with guilt that comes from the traditions of MEN.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by nora544: 10:57am On Jun 30, 2013
I read a book Animal farm from georg orwell.

There is one sentence : "If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"

and at the moment the people in Africa not only nigerian belive everything what this so called great man of god will tell them.

"All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others." when you write this sentence like "All people are equal, but some are more equal (great man of god) than others than you will understand, and that is the same with this wedding.

In Africa religion has become a great business but this didnot come from africa this comes from america where churchbusiness was long before a business but some great man of god from africa are better than there teacher, they had from america.

I was on a presentation from a company from america who tell the people how rich they can get with a business they can start from at home, it was a MLM business (a well known company from america)and there are only few you could get rich, the first think they make is that you have to buy what they have because it is good, and the same think happen in Afrika with the christion religion, they brainwash the people and when you read animal farm and put this from communismus to christianity than you will see because this happen at the moment in africa than you will see that there is no difference communismus and christianity.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by olayiwola9(m): 10:57am On Jun 30, 2013
d issue had to be addressed cos if not watched and condemned now, it would in future spiral into an uncontrollable situation of didn't the pastors son use it in his wedding.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by wonderiyke(m): 10:58am On Jun 30, 2013
dabrake:
lunatic

Abeg free the guy joor.He is right. If I show you 200naira garri in Port Harcourt, you will weep.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by olayiwola9(m): 11:00am On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel:

First of all , the lady on YouTube was not a sister , it was a video created for mockery and ridicule.

Secondly,I agree with you , we should be careful the way we dress so as not to entice others, which means not showing cleavage, bosoms hanging out etc, but this is not the point here.

The sister dressed very decently with light make-up and a beautiful dress , there was nothing untoward about her appearance.

We should leave this young couple to enjoy their marriage and not burden them with guilt that comes from the traditions of MEN.
yes d dressing or appearances wasn't bad, it would just be an avenue for all sorts to creep in hence the need for the public rebuke
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 11:04am On Jun 30, 2013
Everybody I showed the picture was aghast and even moreso when I showed that kumuyi was there

People here know the average attire of a dl wedding and know that the son did not follow it
The dress was however a paragon of modesty and conservatism

The good news is that less ugly marriages will take place

Stop legalism
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 11:05am On Jun 30, 2013
angry
even nairaland is a cult with all these 21 rules and all the mods here banning ppl anyhow .
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 11:06am On Jun 30, 2013
olayiwola9:
yes d dressing or appearances wasn't bad, it would just be an avenue for all sorts to creep in hence the need for the public rebuke

Why should there be a public rebuke for a modest wedding dress
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 11:08am On Jun 30, 2013
texaco1: angry
even nairaland is a cult with all these 21 rules and all the mods here banning ppl anyhow .

Texaco1 defender of the brethren

Is shopclue also a deeper life member

Remember judgement dey come o....
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by olayiwola9(m): 11:12am On Jun 30, 2013
biolabee: Everybody I showed the picture was aghast and even moreso when I showed that kumuyi was there

People here know the average attire of a dl wedding and know that the son did not follow it
The dress was however a paragon of modesty and conservatism

The good news is that less ugly marriages will take place

Stop legalism

it was read to us yesterday dat the pastor was not in attendance, pastor delegates were just sent, even if he was preaent , it is just d meaning people would attach to it just as is been displayed here and more extreme notions it would crop up.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sheggun1: 11:14am On Jun 30, 2013
olayiwola9: @all judges present on here, I think u should know that the statement reads that pastor kumuyi was not in attendance and all efforts by the pastors who attended from Nigeria to correct things were in vain. u should also know dat d deeper life church doctrines and culture of us Nigerians cannot be fully accepted by Jamaicans just because we bring d gospel to them.
.....dat is d main point
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 30, 2013
So what should we say about the wedding of ISAAC and Rebekah.

This is the moment the servant of Abraham found the wife for ISAAC , let's see what happened next.

22 When the camels had finished drinking, the man took out a gold nose ring weighing a beka[c] and two gold bracelets weighing ten shekels.[d] 23 Then he asked, “Whose daughter are you? Please tell me, is there room in your father’s house for us to spend the night?”

24 She answered him, “I am the daughter of Bethuel, the son that Milkah bore to Nahor.” 25 And she added, “We have plenty of straw and fodder, as well as room for you to spend the night.”

26 Then the man bowed down and worshiped the Lord, 27 saying, “Praise be to the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who has not abandoned his kindness and faithfulness to my master. As for me, the Lord has led me on the journey to the house of my master’s relatives.”

28 The young woman ran and told her mother’s household about these things. 29 Now Rebekah had a brother named Laban, and he hurried out to the man at the spring. 30 As soon as he had seen the nose ring, and the bracelets on his sister’s arms, and had heard Rebekah tell what the man said to her, he went out to the man and found him standing by the camels near the spring. 31 “Come, you who are blessed by the Lord,” he said. “Why are you standing out here? I have prepared the house and a place for the camels.”

52 When Abraham’s servant heard what they said, he bowed down to the ground before the Lord. 53 Then the servant brought out gold and silver jewelry and articles of clothing and gave them to Rebekah; he also gave costly gifts to her brother and to her mother. 54 Then he and the men who were with him ate and drank and spent the night there.

62 Now Isaac had come from Beer Lahai Roi, for he was living in the Negev. 63 He went out to the field one evening to meditate,[f] and as he looked up, he saw camels approaching. 64 Rebekah also looked up and saw Isaac. She got down from her camel 65 and asked the servant, “Who is that man in the field coming to meet us?”

“He is my master,” the servant answered. So she took her veil and covered herself.

66 Then the servant told Isaac all he had done. 67 Isaac brought her into the tent of his mother Sarah, and he married Rebekah. So she became his wife, and he loved her; and Isaac was comforted after his mother’s death - Genesis 24

Your wedding day is supposed to be a thing of joy not a time of misery and sadness.

Should deeper life not condemn Rebecca for wearing a nose ring, bracelets and jewellery undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 11:17am On Jun 30, 2013
dont bring urself angry
biolabee:

Texaco1 defender of the brethren

Is shopclue also a deeper life member

Remember judgement dey come o....

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Chuddychukwu: 11:17am On Jun 30, 2013
this ain't making any sence to me! the deed is done bro!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 11:17am On Jun 30, 2013
olayiwola9:
it was read to us yesterday dat the pastor was not in attendance, pastor delegates were just sent, even if he was preaent , it is just d meaning people would attach to it just as is been displayed here and more extreme notions it would crop up.

Please answer the q

Is there anything wrong with the wedding attire

If yes, what is wrong
If no why the fuss over the apology

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 11:19am On Jun 30, 2013
texaco1:
dont bring urself angry

If u r such an epitome of righteousness why has shopclue, your principal scammed people of their hard earned cash
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 30, 2013
@ frosbel, I'll have to take u on this. I didn't use the word 'our', I used 'their'
Even nairaland has 21questions(50 cent), yeah, 21 rules that if broken, you could get banned.

Our standard should be GOD-i agree, their standard is on their 22 doctrines, u have no right to judge whether its wrong or right. By their own doctrine, the couple went out of line which is a sin.

Now sin in this context is 'breaking the law' and there be judgement accompanying it. If u sin against the 21 rules of nairaland, u could get banned. Their unwritten doctrine abt marriage covers so much on d dressing which they broke.

Please stop the holier than thou attitude for in the real sense, you are a false prophets in d employ of the devil contrary to ur own beliefs. Your doctrine differs from the doctrines of christ and you're a perfect example of ppl Paul said should be cast away. You use the bible to ur own cause just like the herbalist does. You accept part of the Bible and throw away part. You condemn others. Judge not that you be not judge bro. 'I had to judge you coz my judgment is right' stop creating proselytes in falsehood. Fear God!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 11:20am On Jun 30, 2013
biolabee:

If u r such an epitome of righteousness why has shopclue, your principal scammed people of their hard earned cash
u want to know ?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 30, 2013
[quote author=iv4fb]@ frosbel, I'll have to take u on this. I didn't use the word 'our', I used 'their'
Even nairaland has 21questions(50 cent), yeah, 21 rules that if broken, you could get banned.

Our standard should be GOD-i agree, their standard is on their 22 doctrines, u have no right to judge whether its wrong or right. By their own doctrine, the couple went out of line which is a sin.

Are their 22 doctrines 100% infallible ? Should we no longer TEST ALL THINGS as the bible commands us to do.

Besides going against the doctrine of a church is not SIN , going against the doctrine of GOD is indeed a SIN.

Now sin in this context is 'breaking the law' and there be judgement accompanying it. If u sin against the 21 rules of nairaland, u could get banned. Their unwritten doctrine abt marriage covers so much on d dressing which they broke.

They did not break any LAW of GOD , this is what matters here, we are to follow the Laws of GOD not the Laws of deeperlife.

Please stop the holier than thou attitude for in the real sense, you are a false prophets in d employ of the devil contrary to ur own beliefs. Your doctrine differs from the doctrines of christ and you're a perfect example of ppl Paul said should be cast away. You use the bible to ur own cause just like the herbalist does. You accept part of the Bible and throw away part. You condemn others. Judge not that you be not judge bro. 'I had to judge you coz my judgment is right' stop creating proselytes in falsehood. Fear God![

I am not judging , I am only stating the obvious, who are you and your pastors to judge God's people in dress, eat or drink ? Be careful bro.

"So don't let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths." - Colossians 2:16

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by nora544: 11:25am On Jun 30, 2013
The doctrine of what is okay to wear and what not.

I read some days ago that pastor adeboye tell his people not to wear a red clothes this day.

I want to ask what should i do when i have only clothes in red color at home should i go outside without clothe.

The next day he will perhaps tell you you have to wear a white clothes when you go to your church service, what shall i do when i have no white clothes at home should i stay at home because i cannot come to the church because i have no white clothes and the same is here.
This pastor Kumuyi told something to his churchmembers what is not written in the bible. I see what the bride wear and it was nice and very good and it is her day.
Now the people in africa woreship this so called man of good and belive what they are saying if it good or bad they don't ask because this pastors are like hearos and not more.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 30, 2013
"Who are you to condemn someone else's servants? Their own master will judge whether they stand or fall. And with the Lord's help, they will stand and receive his approval" - Romans 14:4

Do not judge this couple , they are not Kumuiyi's or deeperlife's servants, they are the servants of the most high GOD.

"You have been bought with a price; you should not be Servants of people." - 1 Corinthians 7:23
- Paul

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 11:33am On Jun 30, 2013
wink
i will like to marry a lady from deeper life ,i will be able to relax knowing she wont Bleep around .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Pastor Shaibu Butchered To Death By Muslim Youths In Masu, Kano (Graphic Photos) / Dwarf RCCG Pastor & Barrister Weds In Abuja Today (Photos) / Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.