Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,138 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (86404 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by lastpage: 8:45am On Jun 30, 2013
While we are at this "DOCTRINE/TRADITION MATTER", l will like anyone who has sound "spiritual/Biblical knowledge" (not fanatical please) grin to explain one thing to me:

Why are "MEN" required to remove their CAP, when they enter church?

[b]*How does donning a CAP stops one from worshiping God?

*Is it a sign of respect for God?

*Does the CAP prevent God from answering the men's prayer? (I notice that women wear their own head-gear without problem)

*DOes it conform to modern-day Christianity (I know Christ has "fulfilled" some aspect of the "Moses Doctrine" which Jesus himself once referred to as "given to you because of the hardness of your heart"; e.h 'An eye for an Eye'.)

*I like to wear my CAP from house and leave it on throughout till l come back home but l dont like to offend others in church or make them think maybe l am just arrogant.
If it has no "sound Biblical backing" or if it is just "Tradition of men", l will like to discuss it with a few associates and see how we can enlighten ourselves, to the glory of God.

*But if it is a "spiritual requirement of God", then it has to be respected and obeyed.

What is your take, from a Biblical and spiritual perspective?

What l want:
*someone to point out the Biblical backing to this practice, both in CONTEXT and APPLICATION.

Thanks.
[/b]
Lastpage!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 30, 2013
@ Frosbel, even the Devil knows the words; you always quote the Bible to suit you-and fear has never allowed you mention the name of your own church!

@flourishG, its obvious u have a personal beef with DL and you most likely have issues with urself-remember nothing good comes from evil people; its difficult to understand why you can't debate a topic without recourse to insults and violence-to a point you're promising to kill someone- my brother, you are the cultist!

@ topic, there's no need for apologies; if they can conceive it, deliver it, sustain it with no objections during and 2 weeks after from the leadership, why the apologies? To reduce tensions? Or smoothens situations? I'm not a judge or jury to know if their actions were wrong or right, God be the judge.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sheggun1: 8:47am On Jun 30, 2013
All u say is dressing.......shey dere dressing no good ni
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by bobblue: 8:50am On Jun 30, 2013
I was a serious member of deeper life for about 10 years...I think looking at the issue from one perspective, if I were John, I might have thought of doing my wedding in another denomination out of respect for my dad...I might have consulted with/discussed it my dad and disagreed with him in private and not spring it as a surprise on him...I totally believe he did no wrong, in the sense that there is absolutely nothing wrong, in my opinion with his bride making herself look beautiful on her wedding day, but sometimes doing the right thing the wrong way can be a problem. God judges the heart, what was the motive behind doing the wedding the way it was done, was it to prove that he is more enlightened than his dad? On the other hand, if he did discuss it with his dad and his dad had no problems with it, or if his dad said, 'you make the decision it's your wedding'...then maybe there is more to the whole episode than we know.
In my opinion, the ultra conservative bridal dress of deeper life members does not hold water as per scripture. We should be studying Jewish weddings to learn how weddings are done and understand their significance.
One last thing, I read some people's comments about 'making or not making heaven'...Jesus taught us to pray ...'thy kingdom come', it is not about 'going to heaven' but heaven coming down to earth...'thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven'.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 30, 2013
@sheggun, their dressings were totally bad but only from their doctrines point of view.

If you're a member of a team that agree not to do a certain thing, if you do it, you're as guilty as hell, coz you have 'sinned'

Fya, sin is breaking the law and the law here was their doctrine- let's not hold brief for no one trying to justify anybody's actions
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 8:52am On Jun 30, 2013
iv4fb: @ Frosbel, even the Devil knows the words; you always quote the Bible to suit you-and fear has never allowed you mention the name of your own church!

@flourishG, its obvious u have a personal beef with DL and you most likely have issues with urself-remember nothing good comes from evil people; its difficult to understand why you can't debate a topic without recourse to insults and violence-to a point you're promising to kill someone- my brother, you are the cultist!

@ topic, there's no need for apologies; if they can conceive it, deliver it, sustain it with no objections during and 2 weeks after from the leadership, why the apologies? To reduce tensions? Or smoothens situations? I'm not a judge or jury to know if their actions were wrong or right, God be the judge.
I think it was just to reduce tension. Pls leave those negative commentators alone

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sheggun1: 8:53am On Jun 30, 2013
iv4fb: @sheggun, their dressings were totally bad but only from their doctrines point of view.

If you're a member of a team that agree not to do a certain thing, if you do it, you're as guilty as hell, coz you have 'sinned'

Fya, sin is breaking the law and the law here was their doctrine- let's not hold brief for no one trying to justify anybody's actions
wat is bad in d dressing
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Policewoman(f): 9:02am On Jun 30, 2013
seunlayi: John and Love Kumuyi whose wedding has been generating a lot of controversies has just tendered their apology to the church.
Highlights: that the church in Jamaica has some doctrinal disparity with the church in Nigeria i.e. The Monday Bible studies were not transmitted overthere, that even the GS was persuaded by leaders to attend the wedding with some leaders, the couple has been placed on discipline. Etc
And how do we know this story is true sef? No link. Abi the MOD don smoke ganja?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by stephenponti(m): 9:02am On Jun 30, 2013
ebamma 3: And yet garri is still expensive
. +90000000000
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by solomon111(m): 9:05am On Jun 30, 2013
The fact that they apologized shows that what they did was wrong.
Anybody that copies them is doing so at his/her own risk.
Their hands are already clean.
God is the same yesterday,today,and forever.
God does not flow with the time and cannot be modernized.
He's the ancient of days.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by pakoto: 9:10am On Jun 30, 2013
I will hate to Criticise any church,but my encounter with most deeper life members leave a lot to be desired from the average Christian,despite the natural hair and angelic look they( I may have had the gross misfortune of encountering the outrightly evil ones) are some of the most cruel (the women) mean and am stopping short of calling them witches I have ever met! Perharps because of the luxury of their seemingly angelic appearance they hide under it to perpetrate wickedneSs(evil) I cannot tell,but that Pst K (jnr)'s wife chose to be true to herself and there is so much outrage, shows how much value we place on the outward things(like the jews shouting about physical circumcision) when the real circumcision should be of our hearts
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by ubong560(m): 9:10am On Jun 30, 2013
Una no dey go church? How una now com beta pass people wey dey wear immoral (according deeper life) wedding gowns go church? Close this thread SEUN and let evry1 go church jare!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by lastpage: 9:18am On Jun 30, 2013
^^^^^^ You sef nko? grin grin grin

Ma Church na 11am naah!

Lastpage!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 30, 2013
i dey bros texaco1 #making sense#
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 30, 2013
pakoto: I will hate to Criticise any church,but my encounter with most deeper life members leave a lot to be desired from the average Christian,despite the natural hair and angelic look they( I may have had the gross misfortune of encountering the outrightly evil ones) are some of the most cruel (the women) mean and am stopping short of calling them witches I have ever met! Perharps because of the luxury of their seemingly angelic appearance they hide under it to perpetrate wickedneSs(evil) I cannot tell,but that Pst K (jnr)'s wife chose to be true to herself and there is so much outrage, shows how much value we place on the outward things(like the jews shouting about physical circumcision) when the real circumcision should be of our hearts

1000 likes,
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 30, 2013
Bottom line is we should look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith, we are not to look to MEN who are fallible.

We are told to preach the gospel not dress or any other thing, if we have the Spirit of Christ he will surely lead us into all moderation out of a loving, kind and gentle heart, not through the rules and regulations of MEN which comes from a stony hard heart.

If you begin to align yourself to the teachings of MEN , you may come to the point where you think you are more holy and better than other believers, which is my experience with deerperlife.

Of course we need teachers , but the sheep must always resort to the word of GOD to test ALL these teachings , and GOD's word must have the last say not the pastors.

Remember if you stand on the word of God , you may be kicked out of your churches for holding on to the truth, it was the religious who persecuted JESUS and killed him not the sinners.

"For you will be expelled from the synagogues, and the time is coming when those who kill you will think they are doing a holy service for God" - John 16:2

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 9:34am On Jun 30, 2013
Shawnmayor: i dey bros texaco1 #making sense#
thank u jare my bros,
and good morning
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 30, 2013
@shaggun, I said the dressing is bad-very bad only when measured by the standard they have set. Don't u get that?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Omede2u2(m): 9:46am On Jun 30, 2013
seunlayi: John and Love Kumuyi whose wedding has been generating a lot of controversies has just tendered their apology to the church.
Highlights: that the church in Jamaica has some doctrinal disparity with the church in Nigeria i.e. The Monday Bible studies were not transmitted overthere, that even the GS was persuaded by leaders to attend the wedding with some leaders, the couple has been placed on discipline. Etc
lolzzz christ embassy no fit be deepeer life jooooooooor ooooooooooooo am eazy
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 30, 2013
Deeper life my foot. The church is in a predicament and wishing they could abolish their foolish laws of enslavement that has no bearing with the body of Christ and the bible.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by xandy84: 9:55am On Jun 30, 2013
That is wat to harsh bro.. Take it easy next time.. The broda is just trying to have fun.. Cheers

dabrake:
lunatic
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by SaintChukz(m): 9:58am On Jun 30, 2013
Hello Nairalanders...happy sunday 2 u all....Pls like the main page and comment this name -Louis offor on this link b4 midnite 2day...he seriously nids ur votes...Thanks and Be blessed as u do so...http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=477536552339002&id=206670959425564&set=a.430767837015874.1073741831.206670959425564&refid=stream&rdr#477538469005477. Thanks to u all....!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sheggun1: 10:02am On Jun 30, 2013
iv4fb: @shaggun, I said the dressing is bad-very bad only when measured by the standard they have set. Don't u get that?
dat means dressing half naked is good
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by DrummaBoy(m): 10:02am On Jun 30, 2013
Very typical deeper life

When I served in Yola and stayed in d deeper life premises I attended the church and was deeper life all my NYSC

one day I was playing Fred Hammond. A pastor who was passing told me to put it off. I complied. By the end of service year, I had discarded all my Fred Hammond, Phil Driscoll, etc cassettes. To my dismay. after service I stopped going to the church but had lost my beloved music. I still can't find them to buy today.

Morale: The deeper life makes U conform to their standard. There is no freedom to think: U do as U are told.

It is apparent that John and his wife who have their own mind have been prevailed on bc the story of the wedding is spoiling the DLBC image. So the apology is to make them conform and restore the image

The implication is that the lady really did wear what they said she wore. It also means Kumuyi does not teach against their church tradition as they want us to believe.

It is a pity...
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sheggun1: 10:03am On Jun 30, 2013
Sheggun1: dat means dressing half unclad is good
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 30, 2013
@sheggun1, bros oyibo dey hard u, I say wetin dem wear dey contrary to wetin dem dey teach. What she wore might be fine but by deeperlife standard, it is a sin- a grievous sin, a sin that's sufficient for them to cancel ur wedding.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 10:12am On Jun 30, 2013
DrummaBoy: Very typical deeper life

When I served in Yola and stayed in d deeper life premises I attended the church and was deeper life all my NYSC

one day I was playing Fred Hammond. A pastor who was passing told me to put it off. I complied. By the end of service year, I had discarded all my Fred Hammond, Phil Driscoll, etc cassettes. To my dismay. after service I stopped going to the church but had lost my beloved music. I still can't find them to buy today.

Morale: The deeper life makes U conform to their standard. There is no freedom to think: U do as U are told.

It is apparent that John and his wife who have their own mind have been prevailed on bc the story of the wedding is spoiling the DLBC image. So the apology is to make them conform and restore the image

The implication is that the lady really did wear what they said she wore. It also means Kumuyi does not teach against their church tradition as they want us to believe.

It is a pity...
.... That is the reason they are being disciplined by the church although outsiders may not understand.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 30, 2013
@seunlayi, now your statement got me really pissed up. What do u mean Jamaica's doctrine is different from Nigeria? Was John raised in Jamaica? Was Odih love raised in Jamaica? She was made and spent her childhood in kaduna, brewed behind d 4 walls of hyporcrisy, necessitated by the exalted position of her parents, and do you know how long she spent @ is it AkwaIbom now or Crossriver.

Don't give me that crap of doctrines. Don't hold brief for nobody, let's be realistic, we're not under bondage and we should not condescend so low.

I'm not saying what they did was bad but by deeperlife's standard it was so wrong that if were done by some lower pastors, even the pastors will be told to drop their portfolios.

This just shows the capability of the future generations of deeperlife, they'll certainly destroy everything the founder stood for. By virtue of standards in 'the industry', someone like John can inherit the church, what will he preach?

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by true2god: 10:15am On Jun 30, 2013
ebamma 3: And yet garri is still expensive
I paint of garri is now 600 naira.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sheggun1: 10:15am On Jun 30, 2013
iv4fb: @sheggun1, bros oyibo dey hard u, I say wetin dem wear dey contrary to wetin dem dey teach. What she wore might be fine but by deeperlife standard, it is a sin- a grievous sin, a sin that's sufficient for them to cancel ur wedding.
which church r u attending......... b4 i reply u
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 30, 2013
@sheggun1, I didn't ask you a question and neither do I need your reply. Just try to re-read and try to comprehend. That's all that matters. This is my last post to u bro. Up ur game.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sheggun1: 10:22am On Jun 30, 2013
iv4fb: @sheggun1, I didn't ask you a question and neither do I need your reply. Just try to re-read and try to comprehend. That's all that matters. This is my last post to u bro. Up ur game.
i just want 2 make some point clear

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply)

Pastor Shaibu Butchered To Death By Muslim Youths In Masu, Kano (Graphic Photos) / Dwarf RCCG Pastor & Barrister Weds In Abuja Today (Photos) / Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.