Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (86409 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 6:36am On Jun 30, 2013
SailorXY:
As if they have any bearing on proceedings in DLBC #mtcheew
that was why i stopped commenting,i noticed deep hatred in their comments and they were only using this episode to vent it out
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Umunede(m): 6:40am On Jun 30, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Did you find out whether they had a marriage committee in the first place? When we don't have the full information of a situation we should hesitate before jumping to our own conclusion.
they have marriage committee. I was there before.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:51am On Jun 30, 2013
Umunede:

they have marriage committee. I was there before.

Are you sure that DLBC in Jamaica has a marriage committee? undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by busolayemi: 6:51am On Jun 30, 2013
Pls guys, deeper life isn't a cult...yes they have strict laws and all but dat doesn't make them a cult......that said, what a lot of you ere myt not understand is that in deeper life, it is always about the pastors and the parents. That's why you'll see a deeper life brought up youth leave the church as soon as he/she finds him/herself outside the confines of the parents....and am realy scared for deeper life, cos they obviously aren't so concerned for this youth which apens to be the future of the church. How do u explain a church where 98percent of the youths don't believe in the doctrine. They don't even know what their children are capable of doin...cos they were brought up to pretend...they pretend to be sumtin else at home, and sumtin else in schools...I remember back then in school (cos I attended a private uni) I had to abide by the rules at home, cos if I don't, who will pay my fees But as soon as I was out of the uni, my parents got to know the real me...infact, at a time, the pastor was going to make me a youth leader cause he felt I was really 'one of them'....and a lot of the brothers saw 'fake' will of God to me for marriage...I laff in french....bottomline, deeper life should watch it...they should allow their youth sum space...allow them have a mind of their own...so at least, u can get to kno who ur children are and where to focus your prayers...I rest my case...I am a worker at RCCG....workers meeting on point...see you afta church and stay blessed

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Dogzimalon: 6:52am On Jun 30, 2013
Pls they should also cancel bathing ! Cause when they bath they use soap with is also a rub on . Hahahahahahahahshahahaha foolish people
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by ceejayluv(m): 6:57am On Jun 30, 2013
Wonder why some of you feel uneasy with the word "cult"...
The first definition of cult in the Merriam-Webster dictionary is
1. Formal religious veneration: worship.

In essence, any and every organised religion is basically a cult.
There are other definitions of cult too. Some are sinister, but the attributive word "cult" in this scenario is semantically correct!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 30, 2013
Maybe they tendered apology for not practicing the stoicism of deeeper or shallow life which they re noted for.
They best they could have done, was come to ashiwami market, buy local made mat, cloth themselves, trek to their wedding venue, serve roasted corn and palm nuts as refreshment.
Joy killers, Jesus feasted in homes of pharisees and felt good about it.
Mr. W.F kumuyi wake up, stoicism and hermiticism has nothing to do with christainity, it is budhisim and hinduism in disguise.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 7:05am On Jun 30, 2013
ceejayluv: Wonder why some of you feel uneasy with the word "cult"...
The first definition of cult in the Merriam-Webster dictionary is
1. Formal religious veneration: worship.

In essence, any and every organised religion is basically a cult.
There are other definitions of cult too. Some are sinister, but the attributive word "cult" in this scenario is semantically correct!
the word cult means another thing in the nigerian context.lets not pretend about that.if someone is not favourably disposed to dl church ,just leave.i have joined and left many churches and unless i see something diabolical i wont label any church a cult
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Pygru: 7:09am On Jun 30, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Frosbel and babyosisi would make for a compatible partnership as they seem to be using this medium to vent their personal grudges against DL.
grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 7:20am On Jun 30, 2013
No assembly is free from flaws. There's no assembly free from criticism. And there's no assembly people don't switch from. I know so many people who leave one living church for another for various reasons. They make use of the doors to the church building. Some feel no where is perfect and go ahead to form their's. Then others come along and point gaping holes in it and take a walk too. DL isn't tying anyone with ropes. So many have happily switched to DL from other worship centres. Its a matter of choice and God's leading. God bless the couple. God bless DL. God bless the true body of Christ globally. Amen

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by ZN2: 7:20am On Jun 30, 2013
I can't seem to wrap my head around "One Line of text" makes it to the front page.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Oyinprince(m): 7:29am On Jun 30, 2013
@texaco ok, my only issue wit dem is deir practice of ordinary religion n nt vital christianity,raisin carnal youths n double-minded people...Most of dem ar servin d 'Fear of hell' n nt 'God'.I serve God cos i luv im not because im afraid of hell
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Bibol(f): 7:31am On Jun 30, 2013
texaco1:
i am not siding deeper life but calling them a cult is what i am trying to prove to them that is wrong

Brother, what exactly do you stand for? Your posts are confusing
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Boomark(m): 7:37am On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel: "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." - Matthew 15:9

"They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them." - Matthew 23:4

Chai! Our God never wanted us to carry the burdens of the doctrines of men so we can focus more on serving Him.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 7:47am On Jun 30, 2013
Bibol:

Brother, what exactly do you stand for? Your posts are confusing
how are my posts confusing?i have stated it from the onset,ppl should stop calling dl a cult.that is all,there are many churches out there with weird pattern of worship.dl has its own laws,cele has its own too so also many others.the mere fact that their doctrines doesnt suit one or u shouldnt be an excuse to label them as cults.
i find their doctrines very very strict so i cant join them but at least 500k people find their doctrine suitable for them.so does that make all of them cultists?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seyron: 7:49am On Jun 30, 2013
got 2cmp l8, buh i eard g.s apologisd 4aw d wedin went dt its nt d rit stndard
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by HolyHolla(m): 7:52am On Jun 30, 2013
If indeed they did apologize, it's a sign of maturity and of new things to come in the ministry. Surely, the apology would not stop some others who have held the view that legalism is not a part of Christianity and need not be doctrinized to follow in their footsteps without the usual fear of condemnation. God is indeed intervening in the affairs of His people!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 7:56am On Jun 30, 2013
Oyinprince: @texaco ok, my only issue wit dem is deir practice of ordinary religion n nt vital christianity,raisin carnal youths n double-minded people...Most of dem ar servin d 'Fear of hell' n nt 'God'.I serve God cos i luv im not because im afraid of hell
i am a man with open mind and i like ppl to present their case the way u have .but bro let me tell u although u may not believe many christians of today fear the men of God more than God himself.i cant go deep into this but if u go round many churches u will notice this .let me give u an example i was in ibadan some few years back when someone came to make a call in my call center ,she called a man of God and u wont belive it she and her daughter knelt down and were saying amen,all of us there were shocked ,i asked her later why she did that ,she told me that the man of God is very powerful that he can see her where she is and that if she doesnt kneel down he will tell her .i have seen other more serious case than this even.the issue of dl members fearing the backlash of their founder if the fail to adhere to his principles is a general problem withing the church and not peculiar to dl only
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by eddiebomba(m): 7:57am On Jun 30, 2013
grin
Phonon: Don't laugh o.I saw them being placed on this very huge box with the word 'DISCIPLINE' inscribed on it.They would remain there until the couple perform the wedding ceremony again wearing clothes from 5000 BC.

grin
Phonon: Don't laugh o.I saw them being placed on this very huge box with the word 'DISCIPLINE' inscribed on it.They would remain there until the couple perform the wedding ceremony again wearing clothes from 5000 BC.

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Elvis295(m): 8:03am On Jun 30, 2013
Ridiculous * i tot he said it wz an idle gossip
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by ceejayluv(m): 8:04am On Jun 30, 2013
texaco1:
the word cult means another thing in the nigerian context.lets not pretend about that.if someone is not favourably disposed to dl church ,just leave.i have joined and left many churches and unless i see something diabolical i wont label any church a cult
So, in your context, something diabolical has to be involved for an organization to be a cult??
In another definition I saw it defines cult as
2. A system of religious belief and worship.
It encompasses ALL religious practices.

I know you're the type that gives the word "ritual" a negative connotation as well.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by HolyHolla(m): 8:08am On Jun 30, 2013
texaco1:
i am a man with open mind and i like ppl to present their case the way u have .but bro let me tell u although u may not believe many christians of today fear the men of God more than God himself.i cant go deep into this but if u go round many churches u will notice this .let me give u an example i was in ibadan some few years back when someone came to make a call in my call center ,she called a man of God and u wont belive it she and her daughter knelt down and were saying amen,all of us there were shocked ,i asked her later why she did that ,she told me that the man of God is very powerful that he can see her where she is and that if she doesnt kneel down he will tell her .i have seen other more serious case than this even.the issue of dl members fearing the backlash of their founder if the fail to adhere to his principles is a general problem withing the church and not peculiar to dl only

And to think I believed that things like that only happen in comedy movies!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by ceejayluv(m): 8:12am On Jun 30, 2013
texaco1:
i find their doctrines very very strict so i cant join them but at least 500k people find their doctrine suitable for them.so does that make all of them cultists?
Yes!!
Cult (noun)
3. A system of religious beliefs and ritual . ALSO : it's body of adherents.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by agohavivi(f): 8:16am On Jun 30, 2013
Busy body and bad belle people should leave this couple alone. Judge not, lest ye be judged.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by TableLeg(m): 8:20am On Jun 30, 2013
What is the true religion of black men?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Ninilowo(m): 8:24am On Jun 30, 2013
ebamma 3: And yet garri is still expensive
very very expensive.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 8:36am On Jun 30, 2013
HolyHolla:

HolyHolla:

my bro,if i tell u what happens in many churches nationwide trust me u wont bother going to church anymore.
strange things ,and most of them are created to instill fear in their members.deeperlife own is just about dressing which is even ok .do u know that there is a church in the south west that when entering it u must enter with ur heads bowed?i have seen it before.
the reason is simple,people have problems and they will obey any command from anyone they can physically see ,and who they believe can help them
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by ademega(m): 8:37am On Jun 30, 2013
Some pastors will preach the word of God , preach their feelings and thoughts of heart as well , and as a Christian, we do fail to draw the line where the word of God ends ,then we start to behave in men's feelings and thought .that is what we have in our churches nowadays . For instance , why must u learn to speak like ur pastor befor u can preach in the church ? Why must u have the same hair style with you pastor before u are qualify to become a pastor too. We must ask ourselves again ,are we now Christ-like (Christians) or our pastor -like ? It is a pity ,this is the situation in most of the churches today.Happy Sunday *zillionaire *
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 8:38am On Jun 30, 2013
ceejayluv:
Yes!!
Cult (noun)
3. A system of religious beliefs and ritual . ALSO : it's body of adherents.
ok ,i wont argue .we all have different opinions on many issues.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 8:40am On Jun 30, 2013
ceejayluv:
So, in your context, something diabolical has to be involved for an organization to be a cult??
In another definition I saw it defines cult as
2. A system of religious belief and worship.
It encompasses ALL religious practices.

I know you're the type that gives the word "ritual" a negative connotation as well.
everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

Dwarf RCCG Pastor & Barrister Weds In Abuja Today (Photos) / Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching. / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.