Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,645 members, 7,823,830 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (40441 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:22am On Jul 13, 2013
The flint: poet
ok
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by OMA4U(m): 9:41am On Jul 13, 2013
Are we going to be shown how each poem is being scored? So, to know where we nail it and where we miss it.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
adamic: this is a best opportunity to discover my talent. Pls can we analyse and explain the background of the poem to make it more comprehensive for rhe judge.

That is what we mean by presenting or selling your poems to the judges & viewers. However, that part of the competition is only applicable for the 2 round.

OMA4U: Are we going to be shown how each poem is being scored? So, to know where we nail it and where we miss it.

Just like every competition, there is going be a marking scheme, rubric or template. The judges will score according to that. At the end of the competition, the judges will give an overview of all the poems and what improvements are required.

For round 2, the scores will be very comprehensive/descriptive.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
~FEEDBACK~

Questions:
Please, read the guidelines properly, and understand them. Every other information will be provided, as we commence. The competition is still a month from now, it's not compulsory that you know the entire process, today. We will guide you through each process as we proceed. Focus on writing good poems, and let's handle the rest.

Names:

If your name is not included on the list, immediately, do not bother about that. On the 13th of Aug, 2012, everybody is more than welcome to submit on the official thread. If you just want to let us know in advance that you'd be participating, then, you can do so.
"am in as a poet!"
"am in as a designer!"

Topic Release:

Still working on the topics. Will release them, once I am done. It's only needed for round 2

@everyone:
thank you & read the feedback.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayd91(m): 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
Cuddlemii: ~FEEDBACK~

Questions:
Please, read the guidelines properly, and understand them. Every other information will be provided, as we commence. The competition is still a month from now, it's not compulsory that you know the entire process, today. We will guide you through each process as we proceed. Focus on writing good poems, and let's handle the rest.

Names:

If your name is not included on the list, immediately, do not bother about that. On the 13th of Aug, 2012, everybody is more than welcome to submit on the official thread. If you just want to let us know in advance that you'd be participating, then, you can do so.
"am in as a poet!"
"am in as a designer!"

Topic Release:

Still working on the topics. Will release them, once I am done. It's only needed for round 2

@everyone:
thank you & read the feedback.

based on the list of poets and designers interested in this competition, it is clear that we are lacking designers.
Don't know if i am over-stepping my bounds but, wouldn't it be a good idea posting some sort of invitation in the tech section for designers (since that's where they dwell)?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Neduzze5(m): 3:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
Erm.....

I'm not used to asking questions

The shy type, you know.

My question goes thus:

Will there be any topics for Round One or do we just go ahead and write any poem at all?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
ayd91:

based on the list of poets and designers interested in this competition, it is clear that we are lacking designers.
Don't know if i am over-stepping my bounds but, wouldn't it be a good idea posting some sort of invitation in the tech section for designers (since that's where they dwell)?

I did a mini advert about this on tech board.

Anyhoo, since that was my intention, I'll create an invitation thread on the tech board.

Thanks
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
Neduzze5: Erm.....

I'm not used to asking questions

The shy type, you know.

My question goes thus:

Will there be any topics for Round One or do we just go ahead and write any poem at all?

https://www.nairaland.com/1344077/nairalands-poet-competition-season-2/1#16593929
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Just say the word! Poet or Designer?

Poet Please
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by InsaneTamie(m): 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
I'm in as a poet. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by lightheart(m): 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
Cuddlemii:

I did a mini advert about this on tech board.

Anyhoo, since that was my intention, I'll create an invitation thread on the tech board.

Thanks

There's an Art/Graphics section under the Technology board.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
lightheart:

There's an Art/Graphics section under the Technology board.

Yes, I know!

I was there, and sent private messages to the posters.

The only outstanding process, is to create a special thread on that section cheesy

Thanks
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by lightheart(m): 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
Cuddlemii:
The only outstanding process, is to create a special thread on that section cheesy

Thanks

And that, ma'am, gets you more interested designers.

Cheers!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 7:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
lightheart:

And that, ma'am, gets you more interested designers.

Cheers!

What you just did here, could have been done there, too.

And that, would get you more associates.wink

Nothing wrong with you helping us spread the word around, too.

Thanks, anyways!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by lightheart(m): 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
You'd do much better as the organiser. wink
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
@ InsaneTamie and Jackbauersballs I added your names
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tinkybabe(f): 8:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hi HBG , I'm not competing . Could you please remove my name from the list . Thanks
By the way, it's Tinkybabe. .not that it matters anyway.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
Tinkybabe: Hi HBG , I'm not competing . Could you please remove my name from the list . Thanks
By the way, it's Tinkybabe. .not that it matters anyway.
ok
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cdstars(m): 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
Wishing every contestant d better best of luck and plead wit them 2 rememba dt putting pen 2 paper is a serious affair! cheesy
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Pins(m): 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
Hw wil u choose the designers cos am a designer and am interested.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
Pins: Hw wil u choose the designers cos am a designer and am interested.

Thank you for volunteering smiley

We are going to pair up all designers that volunteer.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by firestar(f): 10:07am On Jul 15, 2013
...I'm having a writer's block spell. embarassed
cry
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
firestar: ...I'm having a writer's block spell. embarassed
cry
Me too....is there anyone who could help us with an African herb?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Dyoungstar: 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
firestar: Okay, who's my designer?
God knows I need one hell of an artist to spar with. undecided

And oh... I'm sssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooo~ in. undecided

I AM IN... DESIGNING THINGS ON POINT... WHO WILL PAIR WITH ME... GOTTA GIVE YA DA BOMB.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by lifestyle1(m): 7:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
Tinkybabe: I was less busy today so decided to do something with one of my poems.
I guess this is what the competition is about..
My amateurish job cheesy

did you compose that ?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tinkybabe(f): 8:02pm On Jul 15, 2013
Yes
life_style:

did you compose that ?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by sheblayze(f): 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
I am quite lost. Please when do we start submitting the poems and in what format?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 1:43am On Jul 16, 2013
she-blayze:
I am quite lost. Please when do we start submitting the poems and in what format?

Aug 13 2013.

https://www.nairaland.com/1344077/nairalands-poet-competition-season-2#16572251
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by lifestyle1(m): 7:18am On Jul 16, 2013
Tinkybabe: Yes

wow, very lovely.

I'm impressed and challenged as well.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tinkybabe(f): 9:22am On Jul 16, 2013
^^thank you,you could check my other poems too..link on my signature

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA / Pregnant Oyin VAkpan Goes Topless In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.