Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (40385 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by lemmings(m): 3:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: This is a list of participants, The poets will be in BOLD blue and designers in BOLD BLACK.

Your Poets People...In no Alphabetical order smiley

1. Naija last born
2. BeyonDskygirl
3. 1mc cza
4. Amiskurie
5. Pdizzle
6. Tinkybaby
7. Princesa
8. Tovot
9. Firestar
10.Crazy man
11. Ortopazz
12. Henryvirus
13. Onegig
14. Kenny-kazy
15. Mobsync
16. Beylinko
17. Stepsse
18. d-hammer
19. AyD91
20. Scorpidmo
21. Uniqueval
22. Passionate
23. Irshittabey
24. Jadelord
25. She-blayze
26. OMA4U
27. Mikedenza
28. Niyisky
29. Lemmings
30. Newacca
31. Chistar01
32. Cdstars
33. riskit33
34. Neduzze5
34. Jcob

The following People did not clearify what they will be doing so I decided to Put a question mark infront of their Monikers, I urge all of you with Q'marks to come forward and clear your name thanks.

1. Riskit33-?
2. Penny01502?
3. AmiableJay?
4. Lemmings?
5. Lifestyles?
6. Eazee-e?
7. Tim Packer?
8. Olanrewajub
9. Causewahala
10. Dawinlove
11. Iheneme
12. gboru

And your Designers People; In no Alphabetical order.

1. IT Bomb
2. Mazi Omenuko
3. Onegig
4. Gaudyangel
5. Centje
6. PCGuru
7. Lightheart

My name is approved and question-marked??
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by pasionate(m): 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hello compiler, my name is pasionate not passionate...thanks.[quote author=lemmings]
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tgirl4real(f): 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: My mom is Spanish, my dad is an aborigine from Australia, grew up in China, moved to Lesotho when I was 15, attended a boarding school in the mountains with village fellas, did English as a third additional language, this thing isn't my mother's tongue. grin grin grin grin that's the best I could come up with...

Lol

grin grin
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
ayd91:

the pursuit of perfection has its price (time and efforts), I discovered it was just an illusion (beauty is in the eyes of the beholder), your work is perfect when you believe it so. Anybody can finish a "poem" but not all can make a "poem" a master piece.
writer's block isn't just a myth you know. Anyways, its great knowing their are worthy poets around.
Goodluck in the competition (and don't say you don't need it), if we make it to the finals, I'll be wanting the goodluck backcheesy,,

if it takes 6 months to write a master piece, then we would have just 2 'master piece' poems in a year. Pretty dragging don't you think?

Anyway, wish you luck too......your masterpiece should make it past the first round. I wonder if my one hour poem can put up with such competition.

Don't worry, am gonna cheer you to finals wink
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Oahray: 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
Oh boy.. HBG, one has to be listed to participate in the first round? I thought... Fine, I'm in. As a poet.

Add me sharply.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Mynd44: 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
I hate being a judge. I wanted to bet some money on someone now but I can't.

This sucks
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
lemmings:

My name is approved and question-marked??
Corrected, thanks for notifying me.
Oahray: Oh boy.. HBG, one has to be listed to participate in the first round? I thought... Fine, I'm in. As a poet.

Add me sharply.
Done
Tgirl4real:

Lol

grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy guess my answer did the trick. grin
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayd91(m): 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
princesa:

if it takes 6 months to write a master piece, then we would have just 2 'master piece' poems in a year. Pretty dragging don't you think?

Anyway, wish you luck too......your masterpiece should make it past the first round. I wonder if my one hour poem can put up with such competition.

Don't worry, am gonna cheer you to finals wink

:Dperhaps that explains why there are so few master pieces in the world.
First round? I guess we'll never find out, i am using something different (so I can have an excuse if I lose, :DJK). I read some of your works and they are pretty good, I am excited to see you write something outside romance. You definitely won't have issues with the first round.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayd91(m): 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Four words; I am your fan.

I am humbled by your Grace, smiley.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
ayd91:

I am humbled by your Grace, smiley.
its not my Grace but your welcome
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by lightheart(m): 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
With those names I see in the designers' list, plenty afraid is now catching me!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
lightheart: With those names I see in the designers' list, plenty afraid is now catching me!
hehehe
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Oahray: 6:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
ayd91:

First round? I guess we'll never find out, i am using something different (so I can have an excuse if I lose, :DJK). I read some of your works and they are pretty good, I am excited to see you write something outside romance. You definitely won't have issues with the first round.
hmmm... Plenty talk. I think you meant "so few CELEBRATED poems".
'Masterpiece' is definitely subjective, and all the more so with poetry. I've read better poems (in my opinion) than the most celebrated ones. Just do your thing and have fun while at it.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Oahray: 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Done
ke a leboha smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
Oahray: ke a leboha smiley
ke mang ao rutang sesotho?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by jiraiyas: 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
This is fun already. Wishin Y'all best of luck *winks*
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayd91(m): 9:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
Oahray: hmmm... Plenty talk. I think you meant "so few CELEBRATED poems".
'Masterpiece' is definitely subjective, and all the more so with poetry. I've read better poems (in my opinion) than the most celebrated ones. Just do your thing and have fun while at it.

on point.....
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by palmpurse: 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
I like it and I want to be part of the competition but I did not see any registration form to fill.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
I would like to compete too...how do i get involved?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Oahray: 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: ke mang ao rutang sesotho?
lol. No. That's all I can write grin
Learnt it cos of you smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 10:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
palmpurse: I like it and I want to be part of the competition but I did not see any registration form to fill.

No registration form, lol. Just indicate what to role you'd like. A poet or designer? Then, submit your first poem on the 13th of August.

jackbauersballs: I would like to compete too...how do i get involved?

Just say the word! Poet or Designer?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 10:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
lightheart: With those names I see in the designers' list, plenty afraid is now catching me!

Relax, your work is good, too. Support poets and have fun!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
Oahray: lol. No. That's all I can write grin
Learnt it cos of you smiley
lol grin let me translate that for you.

Ke mang; (who is) "ke" = is, that ke is used when your reffering to a noun. "Mang" is used for singulars but if you want to point on a lot of staff you can use "bo", that "bo" stands for plural, you add it before "mang" so you can use it like this; "ke bo mang," you see here, "ke's" meaning has changed because "ke bo mang?" Now is "who are they?" So basically, ke is a noun on singular and a verb on plural.

"Ao" goes with "who." And the "ruta" is teach, its a verb too but since we are talking about a person here we will add -ng to "ruta" to make it a complete doing word; "rutang"

Then sesotho is my native language.

So (ke-mang-ao=who is) (rutang-teaching you) sesotho?

M so gonna make a lousy native language teacher, I have tried though.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by lifestyle1(m): 11:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hi, its life_style

poet. kiss
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by adamic: 11:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
this is a best opportunity to discover my talent. Pls can we analyse and explain the background of the poem to make it more comprehensive for rhe judge.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 11:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
ayd91:

i know romance sucks! Buh what can we do? It sells like pancake and we need the money smiley

anyways, thanks reading me poem. But with my ogas like vescuvvi, onegig, oahary etc, etc, i already have jittery feet grin

but as you say, its all fun!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by firestar(f): 11:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
undecided

How quaint...

I shoved a dollop of mush
Into a gummy soup
One chew, two

Crap.

What soup this be?!
In Naija-speak:
Anyamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
In English,
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Feel like swearing
and yet
I feel faint.

I hold on to cooking myself
Than this bowl of over-glorified
Over-praised, over-spiced

Over-priced bowl of paint.

undecided undecided undecided

Evening everyone.
I be firestar.
Pleased to spar wit'cha undecided

Now where was I?
.Ah yes.
Soup wey sweet,
Na money kill am
Soup no sweet
Na canda full am

Man pikin don suffa... cry undecided

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
life_style: Hi, its life_style

poet. kiss
will put you on the list sir.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Oahray: 12:14am On Jul 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: lol grin let me translate that for you.

Ke mang; (who is) "ke" = is, that ke is used when your reffering to a noun. "Mang" is used for singulars but if you want to point on a lot of staff you can use "bo", that "bo" stands for plural, you add it before "mang" so you can use it like this; "ke bo mang," you see here, "ke's" meaning has changed because "ke bo mang?" Now is "who are they?" So basically, ke is a noun on singular and a verb on plural.

"Ao" goes with "who." And the "ruta" is teach, its a verb too but since we are talking about a person here we will add -ng to "ruta" to make it a complete doing word; "rutang"

Then sesotho is my native language.

So (ke-mang-ao=who is) (rutang-teaching you) sesotho?

M so gonna make a lousy native language teacher, I have tried though.

wow. Now this is one difficult language. grin
Don't mind me jor, I thought (guess work) you wrote "so you can speak sesotho?" and so I replied "no"

I beg to differ on the last part though. I think you'd make a great teacher. smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:24am On Jul 13, 2013
Oahray: wow. Now this is one difficult language. grin
Don't mind me jor, I thought (guess work) you wrote "so you can speak sesotho?" and so I replied "no"

I beg to differ on the last part though. I think you'd make a great teacher. smiley
a language is difficult if you don't speak it.

I learned four languages at once just because I lived among people who spoke them...I used to think Yoruba was gibberish...*hides*

I would just laugh @ my friends whenever they got a call from home, cheesy Jesus it was hillarious but after sometime, I got comfortable around them. Still can't speak it but I can read their lips and reactions when they talk.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ayd91(m): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2013
princesa:
i know romance sucks! Buh what can we do? It sells like pancake and we need the money smiley

anyways, thanks reading me poem. But with my ogas like vescuvvi, onegig, oahary etc, etc, i already have jittery feet grin

but as you say, its all fun!

lol, Can't say am not nervous,
that would be a lie. My racing heart bears witness smiley.
This is an opportunity to be read, i believe that's what matters the most (i wouldn't mind an award though cheesy).
Its definitely gonna be fun filled.
As for your ogas, remember they are rooting for you, and you also give some people jitters 8-)...
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Theflint1(m): 7:35am On Jul 13, 2013
poet

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA / Pregnant Oyin VAkpan Goes Topless In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.