Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers - NYSC (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers (22494 Views)

How I Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp For A Bank Interview / Batch B14(stream 2) Corps Member To Return To Camp For Their Drills / Two Female Corpers Set Ablaze In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by Mintayo(m): 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
sino:
Well, we all do albeit to varying degrees and veracity
What kind of white shorts are being distributed in camp? I couldn't even put on mine cos they were like boxers. And shirts were of poor quality and frail. I don't know when you served perhaps in the eighties cos i don't understand why you are trying to deny the facts.
What is wrong with Camp fire night? A lot, drunkenness which is prohibited in the camp is at its peak, not to talk of the immorality that ensues. I do not deny the fact that some people do carry themselves with good decorum during such nights, but the vices that do occure, overshadows the good and as a wise person, i'll do away with it.
A lot, not only the Muslim ladies, but all the ladies in camp. It tells you that guys would be guys, they talk about what they see and what they can't and they boast and compete to engage in immorality. Does this not give you a hint that such dressing and interactions as seen in camps would increase the tendencies for some silly guys to commit?
I don't understand what you are trying to say, i shared what i experienced.
Well, in order not to sound as if they are imposing their religious view on everyone, the reason for their statement in regards to Muslim women. Fyi we Muslims also organize camping programs, and some camps do include male and female Muslims, there is proper segregation at these camps and during morning drills, females have their own separate place for such.
The major contention here is about the morning exercise and what goes on in it(dressing and others), if it can be reviewed then i'm sure JNI wouldn't be on air calling for separate camps.

correct me if i am wrong,its like its been long u serve!
Most corpers dnt wear d white materials giving to them in camp,they bring them from home,also muslim ladies are allowed to where hijab and a three-quarter trouser; and also most camp in Nigeria has cancelled camp fire night and replace it with something else,u cn go n find out!
Then,there is a saying dt charity begins at home,if a lady wants to b wayward,no amt of hijab or seperate camp can stop her...d ladies dt r wayward in camp were nt forced to it,they willingly agree to it!
If any muslim lady see something wrong in mixing with a guy,then she can simply seperate herself in some ways...afterall,nothing like rape in camps!
Have it in mind these ladies are coming from somewhere!
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by sino(m): 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
bukatyne:

Oh, so boys can be boys but girls cannot be girls?
I am a boy, i can only speak of what i know, boys will be boys and guys will be guys.

bukatyne:
I guess because men rape ladies in the university therefore ladies should have their own separate university. It's not my business how other people choose to carry themselves as long as they don't encroach in my space. If you like, wear pants, talk whatever about women or men. I can only preach but that's it.
Please try to understnad me/us, we have rules and regulations guiding us as Muslims, and these rules are from God, we try to obey them to the best of our abilities and demand for them under the auspices of fundamental human right. When we come on here to explain to you the reasons, applying logic and common sense, we hope you'll see the proper perspective and rationale behind our rules and regulations.

When God created the earth, he didn't create another earth for women, even with that, does not give us the liberty to start behaving irresponsibly.

The case of the university makes me remember that until cases of sexual harassment got so high, there was really no uni with a dress code. Now what do we have? Dress codes in lag, lasu, illorin etc. if this law is properly enforced, cases of rape or sexual harassment would reduce to the bearest minimum. I hope you get what i am trying to say?
bukatyne:
If muslims do not like the conduct in camps, they should apply for exemption letter.

I wonder why muslim men are not bothered how these vices affect them or is it permissible for them?
On the contrary, we are borthered, but the victim here are the females, we men can still put on the camp attire, and participate in the drills to a certain extent. The aim of NYSC is primarily national integration, its a lofty goal, i served in benue and i know how much it has impacted on me and how i feel about other tribe and ethnicity, keeping proper moral ethics would not in any way hamper the goals and aims of NYSC rather, it would strengthen it.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by sino(m): 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2013
Mintayo:

Most corpers dnt wear d white materials giving to them in camp,they bring them from home,also muslim ladies are allowed to where hijab and a three-quarter trouser; and also most camp in Nigeria has cancelled camp fire night and replace it with something else,u cn go n find out!
Then,there is a saying dt charity begins at home,if a lady wants to b wayward,no amt of hijab or seperate camp can stop her...d ladies dt r wayward in camp were nt forced to it,they willingly agree to it!
If any muslim lady see something wrong in mixing with a guy,then she can simply seperate herself in some ways...afterall,nothing like rape in camps!
I served recently, so i know what i am talking about.

Yes it is true Muslims are allowed to put on a three quater etc. But its a big compromise on her part, it's not the ideal thing.

Yeah i agree to an extent, if you want to be wayward, you can only if the society allows it. Can we say because some people want to be armed robbers so we shouldn't speak against armed robbery or bring a solution to stop it?

There is a lot we can achieve if the society plays her role, i remember back then when you commit an inappropriate action outside your home, its the people around that will correct you before your parents do, now is not the case, everyone to himself, 'it's my life, i can live however i want to' syndrome.

1 Like

Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by bukatyne(f): 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2013
sino:
I am a boy, i can only speak of what i know, boys will be boys and guys will be guys.

Please try to understnad me/us, we have rules and regulations guiding us as Muslims, and these rules are from God, we try to obey them to the best of our abilities and demand for them under the auspices of fundamental human right. When we come on here to explain to you the reasons, applying logic and common sense, we hope you'll see the proper perspective and rationale behind our rules and regulations.

When God created the earth, he didn't create another earth for women, even with that, does not give us the liberty to start behaving irresponsibly.

The case of the university makes me remember that until cases of sexual harassment got so high, there was really no uni with a dress code. Now what do we have? Dress codes in lag, lasu, illorin etc. if this law is properly enforced, cases of rape or sexual harassment would reduce to the bearest minimum. I hope you get what i am trying to say?

On the contrary, we are borthered, but the victim here are the females, we men can still put on the camp attire, and participate in the drills to a certain extent. The aim of NYSC is primarily national integration, its a lofty goal, i served in benue and i know how much it has impacted on me and how i feel about other tribe and ethnicity, keeping proper moral ethics would not in any way hamper the goals and aims of NYSC rather, it would strengthen it.

Sino,

if the JNL noticed that all sorts of vices go down in NYSC Camps, they should move into the camps and preach/encourage the muslims and always tell parents to instruct/train their kids. The duties of religious institutions is to guide them in the way of the Lord and not force it down their throats.

How are females the victims? Are they raped or forced to do something against their will? If carrying etc. is wrong for a muslim girl, it should also be wrong for a muslim boy so I don't see how females are the victims in this case.

Expect you are telling me that women are airheads, they should be trusted to make their decisions and face the consequences. Boy toasts girl and they agree to be toasted. Biko, how is the girl a victim? What is she a victim of? the sweet abunna or what? How long will you shield and police the women like babies?
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by bukatyne(f): 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2013
sino:
I served recently, so i know what i am talking about.

Yes it is true Muslims are allowed to put on a three quater etc. But its a big compromise on her part, it's not the ideal thing.

Yeah i agree to an extent, if you want to be wayward, you can only if the society allows it. Can we say because some people want to be armed robbers so we shouldn't speak against armed robbery or bring a solution to stop it?

There is a lot we can achieve if the society plays her role, i remember back then when you commit an inappropriate action outside your home, its the people around that will correct you before your parents do, now is not the case, everyone to himself, 'it's my life, i can live however i want to' syndrome.

Sorry, what is the ideal thing?

Have you heard of exemption?
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by yame014: 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
NYSC has bn in existence for quite some years now...but my question is why is this issue coming up now? why now? when the country is going thru trying times...
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by ndeepurity(m): 11:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
nifemi25: Atleast this will keep those corper guys eye away from my wife.
I bet ur wife can keep her eyes from lusting after dem. I advice u get her an iron panties to prevent her cli.t tempting her to taste better banana dan urs.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by isop: 9:26am On Jul 05, 2013
I pity nigeria, may God help us.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by Amozever12: 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2013
ddeola: NYSC is not a religious organisation so make all these fanatics go sidon jare
No mind them jor and the worst thing is that most of them love immorality more than anyone else. My major turn-off is hypocrisy; leaving a fake lifestyle. Mtshww.....
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by enny5: 9:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
but we don't want it! why should they force us to accept something we don't want? all they can ask for is compromise. That would be maybe separate camps in the northern states and all northern youth corpers should probably be posted to the north. Everyone isn't a muslim. And all states are not muslims schools. Just a quick question? But these muslims corpers attended mixed university right? Hypocrites. Making trouble AGAIN as usual. (rolling my eyes*)
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by enny5: 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2013
and besides NYSC is not a religious organization. so if you are not comfortable with your child attending a particular school, organization or camp (as the case may be), then do not enrol the child in that organization. NYSC is not a must. If it a sin, dey can probably stop doing NYSC.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by enny5: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
sino:

NYSC is not a religious institution. If muslims have laws guiding them from ''God'', then they should not come for NYSC camps. Adam & Eve came naked to the world afterall. How are the muslims so sure that other peoples' religion don't have nudity guiding them as laws?.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by enny5: 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2013
Mintayo:

It just cant reviewed because of 1 religion. NYSC is not a religious organization. If you know you do not want your daughter to wear shorts in mornings, then dont send her to camp. Me i like wearing shorts in the morning. I need to breathe. You dont expect everyone to choke & be packed in clothes of heat in early in the morning. Those ar the rules. If you dont like the American constitution, you dont go to america. SIMPLE FACT.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by enny5: 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2013
TechyGuy:

You made a very good write-up but stained it with the bolded. Must there be some tone of violence in evreything you Muslims say?

How many muslims are even at NYSC camps as relates the entire NYSC population. Very small percentage. Me i want shorts in the morning! if they are pushing for banning morning white shorts to replace it with hijab, am also pushing to replace the shorts with shorter bum shorts. Please, the world has moved on! you guys should move on!!! And stop being stuck in time.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by enny5: 10:33pm On Jul 06, 2013
abatisegun: what do you mean by this statement? Better mind ur speech. So dat u won't regret at the end. Islam is a religion of peace and wherever Islam is peace will surely reign there.

Ehmmmmmmmmm! This website does not allow particular things so i will simply keep my comments to myself. For references though, I wonder what your definition of peace is? We are not all muslims. I like bum shorts & short skirts because i have a wonderful body & nice long legs that i workout in the gym everyday to keep fit for and given to me by God. so i need to show it off. I want bum shorts, dosen't what I want count? I am a free hardworking Nigerian youth.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by enny5: 10:42pm On Jul 06, 2013
Arewa Warrior: Really good and welcome idea. There is nothing morally wrong with the proposition, besides NYSC does not fit well with muslim life, anywhere u put men n women together from dusk to dawn for too long we all know what follows. Tolerance ppl... TOLERANCE!!!!!

Ehmm firstly, NYSC is not a religious organization or an open platform for negotiation of conduct. Secondly, NYSC is call to youthfulness & responsibility. Yes i want to be with a guy from dusk to dawn & yes wateva follows is part of the experiences that every youth is meant to pass through in life. I want guys, MANY GUYS on my camp. If you dont want you child to mix with guys/dudes, then dont send her to camp. I like bum shorts, I like guys, cute fine guys who I might meet on camp, bcoz it is all part of my growing experience & i dont want to be deprived of it. We are not all muslims. so wat if i say I grew up in france & french kissing is a form of greeting? For ur information by the way, girls are going to kiss, hug and do everything that they are supposed to at that age. whether in camp or locked up in an attic of a 100ft castle on an island in the middle of the atlantic ocean surrounded by deadly sharks. Dey will still do! ! ACCEPT IT & MOVE ON.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by confusion247(m): 11:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
maclatunji: :

Seriously max, if there are no men to frolick with, many married women would focus on other things in camp.

sure way:
Bros sorry4my question..
are you a graduate?
Don't worry about his status because a jihadist is always a jihadist even if he is professor. You were lucky you added "Bros sorry4my question" if not you would have been banned for two years on nairaland.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by enny5: 12:12am On Jul 09, 2013
confusion247:

Don't worry about his status because a jihadist is always a jihadist even if he is professor. You were lucky you added "Bros sorry4my question" if not you would have been banned for two years on nairaland.

Exactly!! We are not even sure who runs nairaland again. i dont trust nairaland again.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by ChibuzorMokelu: 12:53am On Jul 20, 2013
nbright: They should just ask for the camp to be seperated along religious line. Camp for Christains and another camp for Muslims
not a gud idea. It will make christian koppas an easy target 4 attack

1 Like

Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by enny5: 10:43pm On Jul 20, 2013
azzez.s:
Islamists always find ways to spread their hate filled religion...I served last year and the camp had seperate quarters for both male and female, very soon they would form a muslim brotherhood in Nigeria.
Thank you!! always forcing every one to accept tins that we dont want. how do they know my own religion does not say wear bum short or have sex? mstweeeeeeee. Later they will forming peace, meanwhile where ever they are, not just in Nigeria, in the whole world, that is where you will hear of war. All these muslims in nigeria should accept that they are not arabs and can never be.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by enny5: 10:48pm On Jul 20, 2013
maclatunji:

Well, coming from somebody who doesn't see anything wrong with strangers hitting the bush to get their 'freak on', I will take this as a compliment. #LOL

And what is wrong with NORMAL youths getting their freaks on? IT IS NORMAL!!! bcoz this is the age. If u dont want ur muslim daughter to get her freak on then dont send her to camp. PLZZZZ i went to camp and i enjoyed camp days. VEEERRRRYYYYY WEEELLLLLLL. And YES! we got our freaks on. and it was an experience added to the list of experinces i will have in my life. HYPOCRITES. meanwhile na una do pass everybody. mstweeee
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by enny5: 10:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
moscobabs:
Saudi Arabia is the most peaceful in the World....hunnnmmmn Xtianity is not there!!!

Saudi arabia is a country of false peace. A place where citizens have no fundamental human rights? anyways u guys always seem to enjoy being slaves to ur false alhaji maters so i can understand y u would think it is a peaceful place. Peace for slaves.
Re: JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers by enny5: 11:06pm On Jul 20, 2013
Arewa Warrior: Really good and welcome idea. There is nothing morally wrong with the proposition, besides NYSC does not fit well with muslim life, anywhere u put men n women together from dusk to dawn for too long we all know what follows. Tolerance ppl... TOLERANCE!!!!!

And what does muslim or christanity have to do with NYSC? NYSC is a federal org under the administrative laws of the constitution of the federal republic of nigeria. if u dont like nysc ways pls dont send ur child to camp. What give u pple idea to think that u av the right to demand for something like dat. Let me tell u somethng, i went to camp last year, and it was the muslim girls dat use to do very very well specifically all those girls dat wear hijab. dey used to wear bum short under deir hijab and use dat to pass the gate. They use money and condom under d hijab. mstweeee. i have been to camp. Hijab? We know dem very welll. Na dem do passs. Dey befriend all d soldiers. HYPOCRITES.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! / Would Any State In Nigeria Make You Cry If You Were Posted There For NYSC? / Nysc Stream 2 2016 Call Up Letter Officially Out For Printing *PICTURE*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.