Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi (29079 Views)

Ex-egyptian President, Morsi Jailed 20 Years / Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi – Al Jazeera / Egypt Army Overthrows President Morsi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by ablyguy(m): 6:25am On Jul 04, 2013
This ain't a coup. It's called 'millitary impeachment.' Sometimes in order to do what is right, the constitution needs to be circumvented. Afterall, in the real sense it was drafted by the leaders for the leaders. Way to go for the fight against any form of opression...
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 04, 2013
ablyguy: This ain't a coup. It's called 'millitary impeachment.' Sometimes in order to do what is right, the constitution needs to be circumvented. Afterall, in the real sense it was drafted by the leaders for the leaders. Way to go for the fight against any form of opression...

I still think the military acted hastily. As Morsi was an elected leader, the ideal remedy for Egyptians was for them to vote him out of office. I mean, the guy was only in office for about 18 months. Democracy is a gradual process; like some other poster said, the ills that have plagued the Egyptian nation for decades cannot be cured within 2 years.

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 04, 2013
pDude:

And how old are you.

Nigeria is the only country that has proved that military govt is much better than civillian govt. I remember back in the days, everyone had enough to eat and jobs were plentiful, even in Abacha's time.

The fiasco that is presently your civillian govt is keeping you deluded to the fact that they are the worst thing to ever happen to Nigeria.
You were probably in kindagatan when abacha was the head of state..

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by ACM10: 6:43am On Jul 04, 2013
femmyb: What are the patriotic elements in the Nigerian military waiting for, its time to give the retarden the boot, the masses of the Nigerian people will troop out and hail u as heroes just like the Egyptians are doing.

The last time it happened. Your people labelled it a tribal coup.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by emmasege: 6:54am On Jul 04, 2013
Let's hope Africa is not returning to military dispensation again and Nigeria doesn't go this way after 2015.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 04, 2013
The current civilian era were set up my criminals IBB and Obj to fail. It is now so rotten that I cannot foresee how such a civilian govt can ever fix itself.
I truely hope tomorrow the govt would arrest all politicians and officials and individuals that have mismanaged or looted public funds, begin to recover the $300bn of looted funds in Foreign banks.
Provide Nigeria with basic amenities such as 24 hour electricity, clean drinking water on tap, jobs and provide security of life and property and stop rigging elections ensuring elections are truely free and fair.
Reduce to cost of govt by slashing wage bill for senators and Reps and cabinet, to approx one hundreth of what it is currently.

Can you ever see the current govt ever allowing free and fair elections that would bring in a govt that would take the necessary actions needed?
I would like to believe it is possible, but I just cannot see it happening without a revolution of some sort.

Civilian rule can work in Nigeria but it needs to be setup by honest patriotic and sincere leaders.

CFCfan:

So are you insinuating that Nigerian can never get it right with civilian rule?

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Reference(m): 7:25am On Jul 04, 2013
vedaxcool: one year is too short for any president to have made any appreciated difference. especially seeing the sort of problems Egypt came out from, even moSt commentators state this, Mitsubishi had actually made some political mistake, but also made efforts in changing the situation, too me the opposition actually frustrated efforts in reaching a common ground.

Am I thinking about Nigerian politics in this light.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 04, 2013
Obiagelli: I like the fact that the chief justice is heading the government rather than the military, it shows maturity

For me am of d opinion dt it shows patriotism,...and not maturity. The Egyptian military just proved they ousted Morsi not for personal gains (like is the norm in Nigeria),....but for love of country.
I hope the military eggheads in Nigeria would learn a thing or two from the Egyptian military.
Secondly,...I hope GEJ and his handlers are watching closely,....deposing a civilian regime by the military is a stroll in the park. A word is enuf for the wise......

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by lekkie073(m): 7:58am On Jul 04, 2013
Frankie9ice:

For me am of d opinion dt it shows patriotism,...and not maturity. The Egyptian military just proved they ousted Morsi not for personal gains (like is the norm in Nigeria),....but for love of country.
I hope the military eggheads in Nigeria would learn a thing or two from the Egyptian military.
Secondly,...I hope GEJ and his handlers are watching closely,....deposing a civilian regime by the military is a stroll in the park. A word is enuf for the wise......
are u sure its a norm in nigeria? or rather its a thing of the past angry
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by sparkwil(m): 8:06am On Jul 04, 2013
OBAGADAFFI:

The US don't really like MORSI and THE MUSLIME BROTHERHOOD.
in the words of d opposition, "Morsi has lost his mind" he banned some US NGOs frm operating in egypt, refered to Israel as decendants of pigs, appointed al-qaeda elements as govs forgetting dat egypt's military relies on US aids to function. Egypt, d most populous arab nation rejects Morsi's islamization agenda so wch way nigeria?
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by sentix(m): 8:27am On Jul 04, 2013
[size=15pt]Am sure Hosni Mubarak is smiling![/size]
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by LEXYCOM: 8:27am On Jul 04, 2013
Lazy fellow Nigerians, when are we going to do same like d Egyptian....
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Kessythegeek(m): 8:53am On Jul 04, 2013
Nigeria also need a revolution ....our political..system..is just 2 f**ked up... Just that the people are timid and uneducated...
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by butday(m): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2013
If u hear any bad news e.g bomb blast,killing of innocent pple,wana run d coun3 wit iron hand,wana change errybody in dia coun3 to dia faith etc,all dis only happens whr dis barbaric religion dwells. Cnt dey fr 5 sec jst bliv in peace? Afterall,dey'll say its a religion of peace bt note it,hv bin dia,dias natin peace abt dat religion. I remnbr den wen I use to attend d children class( whr we rr tot hw to read dia holy book)..d leader dia teaches us 4rm childhood to b wicked kus he spanks us every nw and den. Beat us lyk we'v got no parents.nw u xpect da kinda child nt to b a bully wen he/she grows up?,,,na,dats wot he blivs in and wil alwys act on it.fight and more fight. Any peace dey,peace is far 4rm da coun3 unless dey rr nt grown yet[b]If u hear any bad news e.g bomb blast,killing of innocent pple,wana run d coun3 wit iron hand,wana change errybody in dia coun3 to dia faith etc,all dis only happens whr dis barbaric religion dwells. Cnt dey fr 5 sec jst bliv in peace? Afterall,dey'll say its a religion of peace bt note it,hv bin dia,dias natin peace abt dat religion. I remnbr den wen I use to attend d children class( whr we rr tot hw to read dia holy book)..d leader dia teaches us 4rm childhood to b wicked kus he spanks us every nw and den. Beat us lyk we'v got no parents.nw u xpect da kinda child nt to b a bully wen he/she grows up?,,,na,dats wot he blivs in and wil alwys act on it.fight and more fight. Any peace dey,peace is far 4rm da coun3 unless dey rr nt grown yet[/b]If u hear any bad news e.g bomb blast,killing of innocent pple,wana run d coun3 wit iron hand,wana change errybody in dia coun3 to dia faith etc,all dis only happens whr dis barbaric religion dwells. Cnt dey fr 5 sec jst bliv in peace? Afterall,dey'll say its a religion of peace bt note it,hv bin dia,dias natin peace abt dat religion. I remnbr den wen I use to attend d children class( whr we rr tot hw to read dia holy book)..d leader dia teaches us 4rm childhood to b wicked kus he spanks us every nw and den. Beat us lyk we'v got no parents.nw u xpect da kinda child nt to b a bully wen he/she grows up?,,,na,dats wot he blivs in and wil alwys act on it.fight and more fight. Any peace dey,peace is far 4rm da coun3 unless dey rr nt grown yet
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Puvguy: 8:59am On Jul 04, 2013
I am not a Muslim and doesn't sympathize with them. But what is happening in Egypt right now is just plain wrong. Morsi was democratically elected based on his Sharia manifesto. And the constitution followed all due processes - It survived a referendum.

My opinion: I think the Egyptians are spoilt.

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Olaone1: 9:03am On Jul 04, 2013
Mee234:
You are probably in kindagatan when abacha was the head of state..
grin grin
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by ddeola: 9:30am On Jul 04, 2013
I hope the next president will embrace true democracy. At least now they have proven to the yeye Morsi that there is nothing like absolute power in a democracy. As much as I don't support military incursion into politics, I think politicians should prove to the whole world that democr
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by ddeola: 9:32am On Jul 04, 2013
I hope the next president will embrace true democracy. At least now they have proven to the yeye Morsi that there is nothing like absolute power in a democracy. As much as I don't support military incursion into politics, I think politicians should prove to the whole world that democracy is indeed the best kind of government
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by promisechild(m): 9:48am On Jul 04, 2013
Limaoscar: Good news, Morsy, was speaking like a drunk in his last official address yesterday and wasted so much time on some silly unscripted rhetorics with no substance, He should have just stepped-aside.
gbagaun u be ibb brother? Not step aside it step down
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Adekk(m): 10:28am On Jul 04, 2013
[img][quote author=superior1]

[img][/img] MURSI

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by obi123: 11:09am On Jul 04, 2013
pDude: Meanwhile Nigerians are doing sidon look cry cry cry cry

plus prayer
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by obi123: 11:12am On Jul 04, 2013
tbaba1234: The issue here is beyond religion. Even religious muslims seem to be against morsi.

Many egyptians seem to be upset with him but is this the way to go?

Just demonstrate if the leader is not working?

What if the next guy is bad?? Would they kick him out too??

It sets a dangerous precedent. Let him finish his tenure then kick him out if he fails

if the next guy is bad then he will be kicked out too, in a govt there should be nothing like the devil you know is better than the one you dont know, people are suffering and they are expected to just suffer in silence while the politicians bask in wealth and luxury? a man can take so much and no more really ah ah, these people are not afraid of revolt , they have a voice and clearly they have used it
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by vedaxcool(m): 11:28am On Jul 04, 2013
Reference:

Am I thinking about Nigerian politics in this light.

yes, but the case are quite different, Nigeria is not emerging from any revolution and clearly goodluck has simply failed to build on the what he met rather he has done little over 2 years in the job.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by REVOLUTNIS: 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
Mark it, the next set of political leaders in Egypt would place the COMMON MAN as the centerpiece of governance and not on a few Islamic fundamentalists as was the case with the Morsi government. They would realize they have a WATCHDOG and not allow MPU (impunity) to prevail. Nigerian "political leaders" need a WATCHDOG now and very quickly too!
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by onegig(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
vedaxcool:

yes, but the case are quite different, Nigeria is not emerging from any revolution and clearly goodluck has simply failed to build on the what he met rather he has done little over 2 years in the job.
Veda anything. that's wrong. should be condemned. morsi was clearly wrong and this was clearly a Democratic process.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by ablyguy(m): 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
CFCfan:

I still think the military acted hastily. As Morsi was an elected leader, the ideal remedy for Egyptians was for them to vote him out of office. I mean, the guy was only in office for about 18 months. Democracy is a gradual process; like some other poster said, the ills that have plagued the Egyptian nation for decades cannot be cured within 2 years.

Well who's going to vote him out of office? Didn't you hear he restructured the parliament to prevent such from happening. I would say the earlier the better once the signs are palpable. Otherwise Morsi's impending totalitarian rule would be a force to reckon with in the future, thus plunging them back to the same hole they just struggled out of.

Democracy is a gradual process? Who said so? This is the kind of mindset 'they' want you to have and hold on to while they ride you like a horse. Social change in whatever form it may take has no predetermined time of occurence. It comes when the majority wants it. Usually when they realized the minority had replaced their brains with pap and sucking it dry with a golden straw. Of course someone has show it to them because they are incapable of doing that themselves...

Egypt can end the ills plaguing them in two days if they want to. Egypt is not Nigeria...
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by ablyguy(m): 1:09pm On Jul 04, 2013
Puvguy: I am not a Muslim and doesn't sympathize with them. But what is happening in Egypt right now is just plain wrong. Morsi was democratically elected based on his Sharia manifesto. And the constitution followed all due processes - It survived a referendum.

My opinion: I think the Egyptians are spoilt.

Yes Morsi was democracticly elected and was expected to be the democratic leader they never had. But he divorced democracy the moment he sat on the seat and began crushing his opponents and dining with extremists.

I don't think Egyptians are spoilt. They just don't want to go back to where they came out from...

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by vedaxcool(m): 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
onegig: Veda anything. that's wrong. should be condemned. morsi was clearly wrong and this was clearly a Democratic process.

ony anything, what is wrong, and what should be condemned.and what did morsi do clearly wrong and what was clearly a Democratic process?
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by vedaxcool(m): 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
ablyguy:

Well who's going to vote him out of office? Didn't you hear he restructured the parliament to prevent such from happening. I would say the earlier the better once the signs are palpable. Otherwise Morsi's impending totalitarian rule would be a force to reckon with in the future, thus plunging them back to the same hole they just struggled out of.

Democracy is a gradual process? Who said so? This is the kind of mindset 'they' want you to have and hold on to while they ride you like a horse. Social change in whatever form it may take has no predetermined time of occurence. It comes when the majority wants it. Usually when they realized the minority had replaced their brains with pap and sucking it dry with a golden straw. Of course someone has show it to them because they are incapable of doing that themselves...

Egypt can end the ills plaguing them in two days if they want to. Egypt is not Nigeria...

democracy made election as a way of legitimately removing leaders,if not any fool can claim to have gotten the signatures of million of peoples, nd say the majority have spoken offcourse no one is explaining why the military is detaining the president or his supporters who for the past week have cone under continued attacks.nothing suggests morsiwas heading towards totalitarian regime.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by juman(m): 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
The overthrown of president Morsi was nonsense and bad.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Afritop(m): 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
JONATHAN SHOULD FIND WAYS OF TIGHTENING HIS SEAT BELT AT THE OFFICE BECAUSE THERE POLITICAL SCAVENGERS IN THE MILITARY AND CIVILIAN UNIFORM LOOKING FOR WAYS OF BOOTING HIM OUT OF OFFICE
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by superior1: 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
p

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 US Army Special Forces Troops Have Been Killed In Niger / Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military / Military Breach In Sierra Leone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.