Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi (29073 Views)

Ex-egyptian President, Morsi Jailed 20 Years / Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi – Al Jazeera / Egypt Army Overthrows President Morsi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by emedy(m): 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2013
If na Nigeria,na Military for wan Rule... Dts ol,I can comment on dz
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Segadem(m): 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2013
Never under-estimate the power of protest.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by begwong: 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2013
hehehehehe....laughing in arabic.

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by dare2think: 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2013
Ok my islamist friends, the Egyptians have made it clear that they do not want an islamist orientated constitution.

Imagine, Muslims afraid of their own religion

Pride before a fall, the dude was ranting and ranting he forgot the number rule of power, never call the bluff of the military.

A wiser person would have reached an agreement with the opposition the moment the military got involved. 9 months later install your own military posse. The dude is a novice and premature politician.

3 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
What are the patriotic elements in the Nigerian military waiting for, its time to give the retarden the boot, the masses of the Nigerian people will troop out and hail u as heroes just like the Egyptians are doing.

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Olaone1: 9:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
I knew he was a goner when he supported Hamas last year
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by ichidodo: 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2013
Morsi should have been given more time. This is uncalled for by the people and military. Now a precedent has been set, i hope they will be satisfied with the aftermath.

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Olaone1: 9:49pm On Jul 03, 2013
But, wait oo, America tacitly supported a coup?

In fact, on Sky right now, some analysts don't want to call it a coup. The West will soon give it a new name. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Mustay(m): 9:49pm On Jul 03, 2013
miky: even the true muslims of egypt dont want an islamized state in egypt by way of the muslim brotherhood.. but the mugus in naija, the fake muslims are here killing innocent folks..

True?

You think you know what you're saying but you know not. The usual Nigerian bigotry at activation. How convenient for you to know who are the fakes and original! Alfa undecided

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by bornosheikh: 9:49pm On Jul 03, 2013
Egypt now = Nigeria in the early 80's = Coup and counter coup wahala

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
This isn't a coup because Morsi and his cronies in government were warned to address the demands of the protesting Egyptians or risk being ousted. The powerful Egyptian military has once again demonstrated their unalloyed patriotism for their nation.

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Mustay(m): 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
miky: even the true muslims of egypt dont want an islamized state in egypt by way of the muslim brotherhood.. but the mugus in naija, the fake muslims are here killing innocent folks..
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by ojesoj(m): 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2013
okosodo: They want to islamize egypt. Non-muslims are against it. This is the fight
fool, with your low mentality. Egypt is majorly muslims, so its not about religion. the people of Egypt have risen above religion, party affiliation, tribe or ethnicity unlike Nigeria whom her people are not yet tired of BAD LEADERSHIP because he is my religion,my tribe or my ethnic group but the question is will that give all Nigerians a BETTER LIFE, obviously no. we are 14yrs into democracy yet unwilling to do the needful which Egypt did and has succeeded. I tell you the next president that comes in will the WILL OF THE PEOPLE which is called give us better life as they have it in dubai and kuwait.

4 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Olaone1: 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
Dr. Wise:
This isn't a coup because Morsi and his cronies in government were warned to address the demands of the protesting Egyptians or risk being ousted. The powerful Egyptian military has once again demonstrated their unalloyed patriotism for their nation.
What too much of CNN/Western media does to Africans wink grin

3 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by ubong560(m): 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
Nigeria and Nigerians need more than this. When shall we revolute?
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by pulel(f): 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
Mustay: "Personally, I think you guys opened Pandoras box with the Arab
Spring. Now you know you've got the power, it seems you can't
control it.
"

My thoughts exactly.

When one wins an election under d umbrella of a particular party, it does not mean that one just pleases its party and forget abt the others parties. Morsii thought the whole of egypt was under the brotherwood. He disregarded all others and was pursuing only d agenda of his party. Serves the short right.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by 50calibre(m): 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
CFCfan:

The Obama Administration has some 'wiggle room' in dealing with d situation on ground. There won't b any halt to US military aid.

Yeah probably, but how toppling a democratically elected government will be received, it's something I don't know.

That Morsi guy was delusional, typical Islamic radical. Few weeks ago, he was calling for the toppling of Assad, by arming the rebels while he ignored the ticking time bomb in his country.

3 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by elampiro(m): 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
Bye to 'Modern Pharaoh'.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by tbaba1234: 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
The issue here is beyond religion. Even religious muslims seem to be against morsi.

Many egyptians seem to be upset with him but is this the way to go?

Just demonstrate if the leader is not working?

What if the next guy is bad?? Would they kick him out too??

It sets a dangerous precedent. Let him finish his tenure then kick him out if he fails

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
wetin concern me?
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by 50calibre(m): 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
OBAGADAFFI:

The US don't really like MORSI and THE MUSLIME BROTHERHOOD.

Yeah most likely
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2013
ojesoj:
fool, with your low mentality. Egypt is majorly muslims, so its not about religion. the people of Egypt have risen above religion, party affiliation, tribe or ethnicity unlike Nigeria whom her people are not yet tired of BAD LEADERSHIP because he is my religion,my tribe or my ethnic group but the question is will that give all Nigerians a BETTER LIFE, obviously no. we are 14yrs into democracy yet unwilling to do the needful which Egypt did and has succeeded. I tell you the next president that comes in will the WILL OF THE PEOPLE which is called give us better life as they have it in dubai and kuwait.

Who told you they have risen about religion and tribe? When you talk about democracy I can boldly tell you Egypt won't be able to handle it with the way they are going.

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
"Whoever brings religion to use in politics or in favour of one group at the expense of another will fall anywhere in the world. The summary of what is happening in Egypt is the fall of what is called political Islam."
---Bashar Assad, The embattled Syrian President.

8 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Ogetogeo(m): 9:56pm On Jul 03, 2013
pDude: Meanwhile Nigerians are doing sidon look cry cry cry cry

And you prefer the military junta era? Smh

How old are you? We have been there before and never wish same for even our enemies.

An adage says, "He that has not seen war, is the one that asks for war".

2 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2013
tbaba1234: The issue here is beyond religion. Even religious muslims seem to be against morsi.

Many egyptians seem to be upset with him but is this the way to go?

Just demonstrate if the leader is not working?

What if the next guy is bad?? Would they kick him out too??

It sets a dangerous precedent. Let him finish his tenure then kick him out if he fails

Bro get your facts right..Muslims have different sects which is a major factor why they have other sects of muslims as opposition. Morsi is finding a way to impose Sharia on it's citizens.

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2013
OOH I U ACTUALLY REFERING TO THOSE IDIOTICS, MORONICS ABOKIS,...THEIR SENSE DEY YANSH..THEM DEY CAGE NOW SHA,..
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Olaone1: 10:00pm On Jul 03, 2013
Prof Corruption: "Whoever brings religion to use in politics or in favour of one group at the expense of another will fall anywhere in the world. The summary of what is happening in Egypt is the fall of what is called political Islam."
---Bashar Assad, The embattled Syrian President.

He was indirectly dissing America
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by politician(m): 10:00pm On Jul 03, 2013
polokor60: "The people have decided that Mr. Morsy was no
longer the legitimate leader of Egypt," he told CNN. Abadeer said Morsy lost his legitimacy in November, when he declared courts could not review his decrees and ousted the country's prosecutor- general. He said Morsy's supporters in the Muslim
Brotherhood -- the Islamist movement that
propelled Morsy to the presidency -- "hijacked the vote of the people" by running on a religious platform, "

Not my own words.He was intoxicated by the power bestowed on him.Absolute power corrupts the mind.This is a typical case of pride goes before it falls.

as much as I have to agree with you that morsi arrogated excess power to himself. even rigged the referendum on constitution.
arrested opponents etc.

what happened to the constitutional Provisions of impeachment.

the oppositions were collecting signatures but decided to do it the eyptian way.

The alacrity of the military is record-winning, and the posture of the religious leaders during the broadcast. says it all.

it was a grand coup ....mubarak boys are surely back. and morsi actually sent the invitation since nov
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
Dr. Wise:

My point exactly. The protest was not just a day thing. It has been planned meticulously for weeks with almost 22millions signatures collected. The protest was the culmination of simmering discontent.

Still, the military offered him a lifeline to save face, save his regime but chose shadow over substance.

1 Like

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by defemz(m): 10:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
politician:

Reproduced from
www.nairaland.com/1111300/eyptian-president-issues-decree-giving

Nov 23rd 2012

Speeder wrote.....

Thats what happen when Muslims are in
power. For the first time a muslim comes to
power, and declare himself absolute.
Try it her in Nigeria.

Politician opined.....

not about the muslim brotherhood as a
party, its more of the nature of arabs generally!!
Democracy doesn't just work with them and
when they adopt it, they have their own
version... Always tending towards
totalitarianism!!
♓☺w can a president have the executive
power, grabs the legislative power and bans the
judiciary from ever rescinding his decisions!!
That's not even absolute monarchy, its
Pharaohism...

And moodswing gave a verdict...

Morsi has somehow numbered his days.

What do we call this,
The people protested, some supported morsi and the army finds the arrangement as a threat to the sovereignty of the state.

Constitution suspended, interim govt formed to construct road map ----+ to where if I may ask.

Some cultures forbids the tenet of individual opinion as an integral part of collective decisions...

Democracy won't work for arabs... a group of people with no clear cut diffrence between politics and religion.. it won't

Love this write up, was about writing along the same line. Democracy is not for muslim Arabs. Their religion and the very tenets of democracy are fundamentally in conflict. To resolve this is to scrap one for the other. Their religion is more important to them, so democracy has to give. Nigeria is a case in point, the predominantly christian south agitated for democracy while the muslim north was more comfortable with the military rule. Muslims are wild horses, they need strong fisted person to steer them, since they are inherently violent in nature, they respond more positively to violent and strong-fisted ruler, a case in point is the way Jonathan initially handled the boko haram issue with too much docility. Notice a drastic turnaround in his fight with boko haram when he opted for the use of force. The west are just wasting their time, democracy will never work for the muslims.

9 Likes

Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
Ola one:
He was indirectly dissing America

I know but there's an element of truth in his statement.
Re: Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi by egoldman(m): 10:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
The man mursi dey craze , he went about pursuing things that make no sense to hungry egyptians like supporting hamas and the rebels in syria and calling israel the sons of dogs .
As if that was not in enough he invested unto himself the full powers of the three tiers of government , thereby making him the supreme leader like in north korea where his actions cannot be challenged either in court or by the legislation.
he became power drunk and the military had to come in .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ibrahim Keita: Detained Malian President May Be Deported To Senegal – Military / 3 US Army Special Forces Troops Have Been Killed In Niger / Military Breach In Sierra Leone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.