Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (683872 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mummyDsquare: 2:36am On Sep 29, 2023
If you are interested in Ontario, I can help. I do help people who come to birth in Canada as I gave a house in Mississauga, Ontario close to Toronto Pearson airport. You can give me a call or WhatsApp message on +14377884353. I do mostly accommodation assistance but my sister who is a nurse does most of the hospital appointments, baby documentation and visa on arrival for return. We use mostly a hospital in Toronto and another in Brampton. Omugwo services are also available but you won't need it since she will be coming with her mum
To3i:
Hi,
My girlfriend is about 4 weeks pregnant and i want her to have the child in Canada.
What are the best options and part to take please.
As it is our 1st child is it possible for her mum to accompany her to Canada as we have zero idea on how to nurse the baby, what type of visa should she and her mum apply for?
Will she have issues at POE?
I will accompany them or meet them there, im British so i do not require a visa and if i fly with them from nigeria sef they might separate me from she and her mum.
Please help.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mummyDsquare: 2:39am On Sep 29, 2023
If you are interested in Ontario, I can help. I do help people who come to birth in Canada as I gave a house in Mississauga, Ontario close to Toronto Pearson airport. You can give me a call or send a WhatsApp message on +14377884353. I do mostly accommodation assistance but my sister who is a nurse does most of the hospital appointments, baby documentation and visa on arrival for return. We use mostly a hospital in Toronto and another in Brampton.
Swithoni:

Have you found any leads?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by mummyDsquare: 2:42am On Sep 29, 2023
If you are interested in Ontario, I can help. I do help people who come to birth in Canada as I gave a house in Mississauga, Ontario close to Toronto Pearson airport. You can give me a call or WhatsApp message on +14377884353. I do mostly accommodation assistance but my sister who is a nurse does most of the hospital appointments, baby documentation and visa on arrival for return. We use mostly a hospital in Toronto and another in Brampton.
Mp3ggy:

Hi Elizaboc, I tried sending you a message. I am interested in giving both in Toronto as well and would really love your your insight
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Vcin: 10:23am On Oct 17, 2023
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Selfkontrol: 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
Ydforlife:

As far as you are giving birth in Calgary and you are an out of country patient ! You need to pay the 15k deposit to medicom for you to get a doctor and for the hospital to admit you except you want to pay through your nose .
I just had my baby in Calgary and I paid the 15k deposit , the hospital fee is different from the deposit so I am waiting for my bill .
I will share the break down when I get everything .
Hello dear pls still waitin for your breakdown. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nnabuejude: 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2023
Hi i am in canada with my pregnant wife on a visiting visa and she is due for next month, please i need your advice.

help a brother
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by YomaA(m): 3:39am On Oct 24, 2023
Nnabuejude:
Hi i am in canada with my pregnant wife on a visiting visa and she is due for next month, please i need your advice.

help a brother
Hi am in Calgary as well, pls can we link up, have a pregnant wife too and am told I have to pay medical of 15k, pls lemme know if u have any other options or what ur process is so far
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by YomaA(m): 3:42am On Oct 24, 2023
Selfkontrol:

Hello dear pls still waitin for your breakdown. Thanks

Please how where u able to go about the delivery process? Did u still have ur baby in Calgary?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by LilBabe1: 6:45am On Oct 24, 2023
YomaA:

Hi am in Calgary as well, pls can we link up, have a pregnant wife too and am told I have to pay medical of 15k, pls lemme know if u have any other options or what ur process is so far

Hello

I recently had my baby in Calgary. The truth is that you need to pay the 15k deposit before you are attended to.

The 15k deposit covers the doctor’s fees, epidural/spinal and pediatric fees. It does not cover the hospital fees (which you will pay on a daily basis and the rates vary per hospital), laboratory works or ultrasound. Once you have put to bed, they will process your invoice and give you a refund (depending on how much you use). This reconciliation process takes about 10 weeks and I am waiting on their final invoice to determine the balance.

Also note that the hospital fees are seperate, depending on the hospital you are now assigned to, their fees varies and they charge for the Mother and Child separately. So there is a fee for the mother and the child.

You can consider other locations if you have time, especially locations in Alberta but not Calgary as the 15k initiative is only applicable in Calgary.

I hope this helps

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by YomaA(m): 9:00am On Oct 24, 2023
LilBabe1:

Hello

I recently had my baby in Calgary. The truth is that you need to pay the 15k deposit before you are attended to.

The 15k deposit covers the doctor’s fees, epidural/spinal and pediatric fees. It does not cover the hospital fees (which you will pay on a daily basis and the rates vary per hospital), laboratory works or ultrasound. Once you have put to bed, they will process your invoice and give you a refund (depending on how much you use). This reconciliation process takes about 10 weeks and I am waiting on their final invoice to determine the balance.

Also note that the hospital fees are seperate, depending on the hospital you are now assigned to, their fees varies and they charge for the Mother and Child separately. So there is a fee for the mother and the child.

You can consider other locations if you have time, especially locations in Alberta but not Calgary as the 15k initiative is only applicable in Calgary.

I hope this helps

Thanks, but how did you pay up the medicom 15k, cos I got a call from someone and we were asked to fill up a form online and given an account to wire the money, just worried if it's a scam, cos I googled the address from the caller and I can only find a residential home.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by AsaChuka: 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2023
mummyDsquare:
If you are interested in Ontario, I can help. I do help people who come to birth in Canada as I gave a house in Mississauga, Ontario close to Toronto Pearson airport. You can give me a call or WhatsApp message on +14377884353. I do mostly accommodation assistance but my sister who is a nurse does most of the hospital appointments, baby documentation and visa on arrival for return. We use mostly a hospital in Toronto and another in Brampton. Omugwo services are also available but you won't need it since she will be coming with her mum

Please, I am in Ontario. Oakville to be precise. Do you also offer services in Oakville?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by AsaChuka: 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2023
petillante:
Hi guys,

Please I really need help. I am stuck in Calgary and they are asking for the most ridiculous amount which I cannot afford.
I am 34 weeks already - please guys help me out with any info for any other province.

I am considering Dr ted in Toronto, however, he is on holidays , so I can't book an appointment. Please help me a sister out.
Those who have done this successfully please, I really need help - Oakville, Edmonton, Winnipeg.

Hello, did you later find a doctor in Oakville. I am currently in Oakville, 34 weeks pregnant. Please share a number if you found. Thank you
Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by AsaChuka: 6:15pm On Nov 01, 2023
moyomola22:
Hello everyone, I just had my bouncing healthy baby boy in oakville, how do I go about the passport processing and babys documents back to Nigeria? I want to go back last week of August, pls can someone just tell me the pages I can read on here to access the information? And then again my husband is not here am the only one here so I need a thorough information please help a sister🙏

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy. Please I am in Oakville and I need help getting a doctor. Please can you share your doctors number if you still have it?

Cc @hotsteppers and Co
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Horlaidey007: 5:51pm On Nov 02, 2023
I will also like to know which is right to do. Thanks

ExpectingMama:
Hello Everyone,

My US visa was cancelled recently and now I am planning to apply Canadian visa for baby birth using visitor visa.
Any advice if I should declare I am planning to give birth in Canada in visa application or hide that fact?

Also, are visa officers asking for Canadian hospital acceptance proofs before granting visitor visa?

Any insights are highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by debsol: 5:34am On Nov 12, 2023
Hello LilBabe,
Congratulations on you baby.
Please can you share your calgary POE experience, asking for my sister coming in nextweek who is 7 months pregnant.
Thanks...
LilBabe1:

Hello

I hope this helps
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omoola18(f): 10:02pm On Nov 14, 2023
@moyomola22 please any luck with this?Kindly share with me

Kindly share details of personnel that can help with ETC in Ottawa. Will also appreciate contact of someone that can help with VISA on Arrival for newborn in Nigeria.

Which is faster and less stressful to get?

moyomola22:
Hello all, pls i need a Nigeria personel working in passport office in Ottawa, I need to get ETCfor my baby so I can travel with her .
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by YomaA(m): 12:30am On Nov 15, 2023
debsol:
Hello LilBabe,
Congratulations on you baby.
Please can you share your calgary POE experience, asking for my sister coming in nextweek who is 7 months pregnant.
Thanks...

Dress in big outfit that can cover the pregnancy as much as possible, tell the truth when asked questions, avoid bringing in food items that are prohibited so they don't take you to the inner room to check and create unnecessary attention, finally put on a positive attitude and face, don't raise unnecessary suspicioun
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by josephb(m): 8:46am On Nov 15, 2023
We recently had our baby in Canada, I can share with you the contact that helped with Visa on Arrival.

Regards,

Omoola18:
@moyomola22 please any luck with this?Kindly share with me

Kindly share details of personnel that can help with ETC in Ottawa. Will also appreciate contact of someone that can help with VISA on Arrival for newborn in Nigeria.

Which is faster and less stressful to get?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omoola18(f): 9:37am On Nov 17, 2023
@Josephb I will appreciate kindly share with me
josephb:
We recently had our baby in Canada, I can share with you the contact that helped with Visa on Arrival.

Regards,

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by GuyMan50: 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2023
Can I DM you, please? I'll like to get some info from you about birthing in Edmonton, if possible.
I'll be in your DMs

Best regards,

daks02:
Hello everyone,
So my sister gave birth recently in Edmonton, just want to share some brief details.
I found a gynae for her before she landed, she got a referral from my family doctor, paid $120 for that. I called around and we shortlisted 2, the first one (a group of ob-gyn) was going to collect $3000 for delivery and $250/visit. The second has a fee breakdown for delivery and payment of $250/first visit and $120/subsequent visits so we chose him because the first didn’t really explain his fees.
Well the doc she signed up with didn’t end up taking the delivery as he was away, so the ob on call did it. She paid $2200 for his fee, $500 for anaesthesia and total hospital( fee was $8800

There were also some other small fees but I can’t remember now. My advice is to research well, I was only able to get this information because I am a resident and I kept telling them that she’s my sister. Birth tourism isn’t very popular here

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by iykmon: 8:23am On Dec 02, 2023
Hello all, please do anyone has hospital and doctor you can recommend in Brantford Ontario
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Djponpin1(m): 12:28am On Dec 05, 2023
Please can anyone share a Gynaecologist’s contacts in Surrey, British Columbia. Also, costs of giving birth there and their experience. It will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Phaustyna: 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2023
I recently arrived Canada, and presently in Brampton. Please is there anyone with the Brampton civic hospital fees breakdown please?? Also, I am still looking for a doctor.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Phaustyna: 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2023
I recently arrived Canada, and presently in Brampton. Please is there anyone with the Brampton civic hospital fees breakdown please?? Also, I am still looking for a doctor.
eyonkposong:
I am currently in Hamilton, Ontario. If anyone needs a gun and a hospital there. I am available to help

Please can you share details of the hospital and doctor you have I am currently in Brampton but I am open to moving to Hamilton
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by qonfupanda: 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2023
Hi Guys,

My wife intended to give birth around March in Canada, Ontario to be precise. I need help with step by step guide regarding this please.

Thanks guys
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Daninc: 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2023
Congratulations on your entry. How was your point of entry experience like? Also, is this your first time using the visit visa?

Phaustyna:

Please can you share details of the hospital and doctor you have I am currently in Brampton but I am open to moving to Hamilton
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Phaustyna: 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
Daninc:
Congratulations on your entry. How was your point of entry experience like? Also, is this your first time using the visit visa?

Thank you.
Yes, this is my first time using the visit visa.
POE was as expected.
Stay confident and answer all questions correctly. Have sufficient Travel allowance, a return ticket and either a paid accommodation(as was in my case) or be staying with friends/family.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nerojoy: 3:07am On Dec 12, 2023
eyonkposong:
I am currently in Hamilton, Ontario. If anyone needs a gun and a hospital there. I am available to help
I am in need of a gynecologist please
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ceejay132: 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2023
Hello, can you please send me a private message with details of the doctors you used?

daks02:
Hello everyone,
So my sister gave birth recently in Edmonton, just want to share some brief details.
I found a gynae for her before she landed, she got a referral from my family doctor, paid $120 for that. I called around and we shortlisted 2, the first one (a group of ob-gyn) was going to collect $3000 for delivery and $250/visit. The second has a fee breakdown for delivery and payment of $250/first visit and $120/subsequent visits so we chose him because the first didn’t really explain his fees.
Well the doc she signed up with didn’t end up taking the delivery as he was away, so the ob on call did it. She paid $2200 for his fee, $500 for anaesthesia and total hospital( fee was $8800

There were also some other small fees but I can’t remember now. My advice is to research well, I was only able to get this information because I am a resident and I kept telling them that she’s my sister. Birth tourism isn’t very popular here

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Oleayo22(f): 2:12pm On Dec 25, 2023
Hello everyone,
please I would like to find out if there's anyone who has renewed the minors Canadian passport from Nigeria. What's the process? My daughters passport is expiring in 2024 and I would like to know the process. Many Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by oyalitit1(f): 1:28am On Dec 28, 2023
josephb:

Regards,

Can you help with the contact please

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by AsaChuka: 3:51am On Dec 30, 2023
[quote author=oyalitit1 post=127656250][/quote]

Hello, I am very much interested in this and the amount you paid too. Which is cheaper and less stressful?

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.