Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:44 AM

How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? (17769 Views)

How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Ur Relatnship / How Do You Handle A Woman With Hot Temper / How Will You Handle A Feud Between An Ex Boyfriend And A Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by hoodboi(m): 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2013
Jcob: Majority of those that commented before me are either not in a relationship or are still trapped in boyfriend/girlfriend syndrome.

In every serious/real relationship, there are things called filiar responsibilities. Your woman should not ask you for money before you support her. While it should not be an everyday affair, you can help her financially through projects, luxuries and investments.

She also does her part by assisting you when she suspects you are a lil broke. Can't count the number of times my woman has given me money to either fuel the car or to just hold body. Though as a man I still do more cos I believe every one naira spent on her is a big investment.

Better to give every dime to my woman than to spend it on one goodforjustsex lady outside.

I over support you jarey brova... Same thing here, I mostly invest on her business and just give some small, small cash on the side and she always comes through whenever i am broke. Just like this morning when i didn't have a dime.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by 2legit2qwt: 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2013
LesbianBoy:
Lol......you must be a LEARNER to ask such a question! grin grin grin grin Btw, give your own examples of ways to appreciate a (Nigerian) girl

Money isn't the only way to appreciate a woman in your life. As a matter of fact, money doesn't come top in my list. I can give money to anyone and i still don't appreciate them except you're trying to buy your way out of things.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 05, 2013
U are an otele. The lady shud run to who? Ok to the maga dat her mother born for her?
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2013
U are an otele
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2013
@jcob, as said by u, so if the relatnshp is a serious one and yet the guy does not have to give nko? Shld he go and stil cos he wants to give his woman?

This is one syndrome wit women. Why always expecting monetary favour from men? How many times do u give to ur man? U are working and may even earn higher than him and yet, ur hair, ur make up, ur transport, ur clothings and wtf are still hanging on the guy's throat. Wtf! Can't women be independent for once?

I had such a relationship two yrs ago. May be she used jazz on me, i dont know. I almost spend my entire life on this chick until one thing happened one day and we stayed for two weeks. Just within that two weeks, i knew how much i saved to myself. I took that opportunity and broke up with her. Later on, she came back apologizing and begging to come back. I took a speed of 580km/min from her and till today i was set free. I hate such relationship with pests. Be independent for once jare and give us break!

Rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Wiseoldman: 7:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
She's just being a lady for expecting gifts either financial or not. When she's constantly demanding then, thats a problem.

I remember an older friend pointed this universal xter of women to me. He introduced me to his Professor(Mrs) friend. Though a renowned professor of engineering, she still likes to "ask" for some funny things just like every other lady.

Ladies just like to be pampered...either a professor or a secondary school girl, all nah d same mentality....
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Mzspread(f): 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
[quote author=sleekdot]

1. What is the highest amount you have ever given him?

2. You do everything yourself? is that an anomaly? isnt that why God gave you hands and a brain?

3. Why should you beg for stuffs?

4. Is your purpose of getting a boyfriend to fulfill your financial needs?

5. What are you scared of in marriage to such a man since you already said you are independent?

Why should you be getting paid for having a boyfriend

Its not like she should be paid for having a boyfrd or she shd rely solely on her boyfrd. The tin is its womanly wen ur boyfrd gives u gifts/money. U feel feminine and proud of him no mata how little dat tin is. I don't expect her to be be demanding but God as made him the 'head' so he shd play his roles as d head.she can also contribute financially to the relatnship but it shdnt be one sided. As a lady, I buy gifs for my bf,sometimes foot d bill when we go out and he does likewise. So its all abt understanding.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
There are a lot of rose flower in the market dat the boy supose to use and show appreciation. Buy flower it represents love bt money represents business and for transaction. Abi na buying and selling wey they the do?
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
Why would someone have a guy that can't support them? it is very bad and I know most of those that commented are either being stingy or fools. Some guys are naturally greedy and can't assist you when you are in need not that they don't have but they are just wicked to assist. What is wrong in appreciating your girl, someone you claim to love even though it's small but not giving her 1k. Hmmm! Some guys are dumb that they know when a lady is in need but won't say anything and it's those stingy type that won't stop disturbing you for sex. Hell no! If you can't take good care of me, u can never qualify to be my guy.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by 2legit2qwt: 7:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
arcbabe: Why would someone have a guy that can't support them? it is very bad and I know most of those that commented are either being stingy or fools. Some guys are naturally greedy and can't assist you when you are in need not that they don't have but they are just wicked to assist. What is wrong in appreciating your girl, someone you claim to love even though it's small but not giving her 1k. Hmmm! Some guys are dumb that they know when a lady is in need but won't say anything and it's those stingy type that won't stop disturbing you for sex. Hell no! If you can't take good care of me, u can never qualify to be my guy.

Support them? Like you were adopted? Soon you're gonna come out and complain about a guy who doesn't value you. How can a guy value you when your primary motive of being with him in the first place was for financial support? What happened to you being independent and making a guy beg to buy you things.

You sound cheap and a disgrace to the hardworking Nigerian women. Why you gotta throw names all over the place calling people names because they won't bulge to your demand? If you're bent on having a guy who will pay to have you, then find your way to the red light district and make it official. The girls over there are women with coochie just like yourself.

10 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Wiseoldman: 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2013
arcbabe: Why would someone have a guy that can't support them? it is very bad and I know most of those that commented are either being stingy or fools. Some guys are naturally greedy and can't assist you when you are in need not that they don't have but they are just wicked to assist. What is wrong in appreciating your girl, someone you claim to love even though it's small but not giving her 1k. Hmmm! Some guys are dumb that they know when a lady is in need but won't say anything and it's those stingy type that won't stop disturbing you for sex. Hell no! If you can't take good care of me, u can never qualify to be my guy.

You are taking it too far my dear...i normal for ladies to desire gifts. But once a lady puts it on her head like safety helmet, it very bad for her!!!

She'll end up attracting buyers not lovers....

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by xynerise: 7:55pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hey enyi a! Be careful. Just because you have the privilege to comment doesnt warrant you calling people fools.

Drop your opinion and learn from others opinion
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by grandstar(m): 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2013
if you love a girl you will naturally want to spend on her. there is more joy in giving than there is in receiving. * Suddenly remembers his fiance may be running low. Quickly orders Mustapha his driver to deliver 4 Ghana must go to her*
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by hombre(m): 7:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
. Oponu olè!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by aypumpin123(m): 8:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
well to me,it should be give and give not only give and take...but most ladies of nowadays want only give and take bullshit...they prefer to spend your 1k with you and keep their 10k to themself...imagine a situation when you spend almost 20k to buy stuffs for your gf during her birthday and when it was yours,she only send u a hapi bday message...so sad..
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by LadySarin: 8:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
d best way is to luk for Job
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2013
Finally this thread has uncovered the indefatigable truth that without money there is no love. Infact a broke guy have no biz being in a relationship. Women like to deceive themselves. What is wrong in coming out clean that you want money rather than pretending about it. Infact guys give more to girls that have made it clear that they are all for the money than those who pretend. For those talking about spending in a relationship, am not against it but what if tommorow your sweet darling turns to a monster then all you have spent becomes history. I rather spend my cash on the mother of my kids than a girl am not sure of the future with.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2013
I dont knw if am the only 1 seeing the guy as stingy here o?
The lady already said shes independent.

Independent or not,a stingy guy will never share anytin(it must nt be money),all he would ever want is hs own satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
hombre: . Oponu olè!
Ode Buruku
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by etim20(m): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2013
Na the guy carry her come lagos??
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Prissyangel: 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2013
Well, evrybody is saying dia mind and hw dy feel abt ds whole issue, bt i tink d lady in question is not after d guys money, if she were, she wud hav left d guy a longtym ago since d highest amount she has gottn 4rm hm is 1k. She is jst botherd abt d future, evn though a woman is independent bt atleast she expects her man 2 spend on her alittle nt dt its a priority bt atleast dias a joy it gives her..nd she 2 shud also spend on d guy..dts al i hv 2 say...

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Rooneyboy(m): 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
xynerise: I think there should be a clear difference between Dating and Marriage.

My points should be on Dating.

A stingy guy is one who has enough fund or materials to satisfy a person's needs but out of greed, he pretends he doesnt have. When a guy has money but doesnt give out is different from when he doesnt have and cannot steal to give out.

Understanding is what some people lack in a relationship. I am not trying to be sentimental by defending any of the gender but a lady should not let her priority in a relationship be all about getting help(fund) from the guy. As he plans to make ends meet, you too sleep and think of how to make it in life. Be independent.

I'm not sure I've ever seen something this sensible from this dude b4.

Keep it up man, I'm soooo impressed.....

...... Or was ur NL account hacked
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by FX(m): 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2013
nwekesimon68: U are an otele. The lady shud run to who? Ok to the maga dat her mother born for her?
u r a correct guy. I luv this.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2013
2legit2qwt:

Support them? Like you were adopted? Soon you're gonna come out and complain about a guy who doesn't value you. How can a guy value you when your primary motive of being with him in the first place was for financial support? What happened to you being independent and making a guy beg to buy you things.

You sound cheap and a disgrace to the hardworking Nigerian women. Why you gotta throw names all over the place calling people names because they won't bulge to your demand? If you're bent on having a guy who will pay to have you, then find your way to the red light district and make it official. The girls over there are women with coochie just like yourself.

sharaap there,firstly the motive of being in a relationship doesn't neccessarily have to be what you will gain but when you love someone deeply and they can't assist you when you are in need or pretend not to know when you are in need is an act of been silly and wicked and secondly you will always want to look for a way out of it but hey! You can't convince me with this bull shit you wrote okay!
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by KokoBeware: 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
I think it's our culture that has spoilt everything... And this free 'oyel' money....
Imagine even normal bf and girlfriend same university students, the girl automatically expects the boy to be fending for her... That's why Nigerians abroad have it almost too easy with white girls excuse they find it surprising when you offer to pay the full bill and post I them insist to share it....

Naija girl for wiaaa(ok most naija girls )?? She go throway face like say .....

It's people like the OP that brought about te debate of "Girlfriend or PAYG which one is cheaper to maintain"
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2013
Leave him and come n be my friend. Will spoil u with money without asking oooo.

Terms and conditions ***** grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by xynerise: 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
Rooneyboy:

I'm not sure I've ever seen something this sensible from this dude b4.

Keep it up man, I'm soooo impressed.....

...... Or was ur NL account hacked

you dey mad? grin
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by InvertedHammer: 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
/
May be if you watch the movie "Calculator" starring Nkem Owoh you will understand how it is done.

//
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by FX(m): 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2013
na me born u , y i go take care of u. People like u can only end up attracting fake men.Real men dont spend on women.Tinz have changed.
Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by 2legit2qwt: 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2013
arcbabe: sharaap there,firstly the motive of being in a relationship doesn't neccessarily have to be what you will gain but when you love someone deeply and they can't assist you when you are in need or pretend not to know when you are in need is an act of been silly and wicked and secondly you will always want to look for a way out of it but hey! You can't convince me with this bull shit you wrote okay!

Well go through your post earlier, it doesn't seem like the help one requires when in need. You sound like the liability type of girlfriend.

I'm not trying to convince you, i don't date woman with ideologies like yours anyways . Hope you find your kind smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by freecocoa(f): 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2013
It is only natural that a woman wants her man to shower little gifts\acts of Love(monetary or not)on her from time to time, it just makes her feel loved,pampered and cared for.

I Love sharing things with my partner cos it makes me feel like, no matter how ‎​ broke we may become or how hard things get, we would always share whatever we have.

Who wants a partner that only thinks about himself?

From what I understand from the OP's post, the chick's bf seems like a stingy guy.undecided

P.S. Giving should come from both sides ofcourse.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? by 2legit2qwt: 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
freecocoa: It is only natural that a woman wants her man to shower little gifts\acts of Love(monetary or not)on her from time to time, it just makes her feel loved,pampered and cared for.

I Love sharing things with my partner cos it makes me feel like, no matter how ‎​ broke we may become or how hard things get, we would always share whatever we have.

Who wants a partner that only thinks about himself?

From what I understand from the OP's post, the chick's bf seems like a stingy guy.undecided

P.S. Giving should come from both sides ofcourse.

This, right here, is what i'm talking about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Love Doctor- What Do You Want To Know About Love? / Ladies, Can You Fight Over A Man? : Vote / Am In The City Where Kitty-Cat Is Cheaper Than Pure Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.