Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,819 members, 7,956,086 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:21 AM

Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account (15930 Views)

My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama / Brigadier-general Alabi Isama's Rants. / Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 11:34am On Jul 09, 2013
Source:
pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/06/19/civil-war-the-many-lies-of-obasanjo/

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by tomakint: 11:48am On Jul 09, 2013
Here are the pictures of the man, Brigadier-General Godwin Alabi-Isama during the war and now

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by tsalam: 12:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
I hope this account put to rest the lies of ishebe and his propaganda children. the people with malnutrition symptoms are not igbos but efik, ibibio etc. end of discussion.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by thoth: 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
is that all, i will love to hear more, this man is obviously a professional soldier.

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 12:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
I have a nagging question.
Why will Adekunle want to kill Soldiers under his command?
The man had the note since he did not meet me there. He met Akinrinade standing there. So he gave the note to Akinrinade, who read it and immediately barged in, shouting: ‘Let’s get out of here; they wanted to kill us!’ I read through the note and looked at Adekunle. I would have just shot him dead right there.

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 12:35pm On Jul 09, 2013
tsalam: I hope this account put to rest the lies of ishebe and his propaganda children. the people with malnutrition symptoms are not igbos but efik, ibibio etc. end of discussion.
Do you really believe that?
You really think that it Efik, Ibibio and other groups mentioned, but not Igbo that will be more affected by Kwashiokor?

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by tsalam: 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2013
eagle,eye:
I have a nagging question.
Why will Adekunle want to kill Soldiers under his command?
The man had the note since he did not meet me there. He met Akinrinade standing there. So he gave the note to Akinrinade, who read it and immediately barged in, shouting: ‘Let’s get out of here; they wanted to kill us!’ I read through the note and looked at Adekunle. I would have just shot him dead right there.

did you read the part where they mentioned that he was suffering from post traumatic stress.

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2013
@tsalm
It's just like the Kano park bombing, and some clown are of the opinion that it was the northerner's that died more than the Igbos.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by tsalam: 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
eagle,eye:

Do you really believe that?
You really think that it Efik, Ibibio and other groups mentioned, but not Igbo that will be more affected by Kwashiokor?

this is an eye witness account. if you ain't an eye witness then your opinion didn't really matter.

2 Likes

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 12:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
tsalam:

this is an eye witness account. if you ain't an eye witness then your opinion didn't really matter.
Last time I checked, eye witness account is a first person narrative account and equally a Subjective view of things.
But you can gather from many accounts of history and get to an objective view of things.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by Afam4eva(m): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
tsalam:

An eyewitness can't be in different places at a time. This eye witness made it known that he served outside Igbo towns, which means he didn't know much about what happened in Igbo areas but more more conversant with what was going on where he was based.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
tsalam:

did you read the part where they mentioned that he was suffering from post traumatic stress.
Of this Man had shot at and killed Adekunle, will the authorities (Gowon's Govt) have also take "post traumatic stress" into considerations?
Benjamin 'the scorpion' Adekunle had post traumatic stress, but he could elaborately plan the assassination of his own men.
That is some very good post trauma stress.

2 Likes

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 12:54pm On Jul 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
An eyewitness can't be in different places at a time. This eye witness made it known that he served outside Igbo towns, which means he didn't know much about what happened in Igbo areas but more more conversant with what was going on where he was based.
maybe he thought the man has become omnipresent.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by tsalam: 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
[quote author=eagle,eye]
Last time I checked, eye witness account is a first person narrative account and equally a Subjective view of things.
But you can gather from many accounts of history and get to an objective view of things.[/quote/]

go get gen madiaegbena's account collaborate alabi ismah perfectly. you still not making sense cause the general was quoting been on ground in this places with pictorial evidences. when I get my copy of his book when I touch down in ibadan next week. maybe I will upload pictures and vital pages for you guys.

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by tsalam: 1:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
Afam4eva:

damn ihiala is outside igboland, common afam you can do better.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by tsalam: 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
eagle,eye:

Of this Man had shot at and killed Adekunle, will the authorities (Gowon's Govt) have also take "post traumatic stress" into considerations?
Benjamin 'the scorpion' Adekunle had post traumatic stress, but he could elaborately plan the assassination of his own men.
That is some very good post trauma stress.

do you read the part where Isaac adaka boro was killed. maybe you can use google to learn green on blue attack.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by Afam4eva(m): 1:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
tsalam:

damn ihiala is outside igboland, common afam you can do better.
And is Ihiala the only town in Igboland? If he actually mentioned Ihiala then he should speak specifically about Ihiala. He wasn't in every Igbo town and village to conclude that Igbos did not suffer malnutrition. My parents experienced the war and they confirmed the issue of malnutrition. How first-hand can that be?
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
[quote author=tsalam][/quote]
Did General ALEXANDER MADIEBO, state that it was mainly Efik , Ibiobio's(and not Igbos) that suffered from Kwashiokor?
I have read Madiebo's book, though a long time ago, but I doubt that he made such claims.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
tsalam:

do you read the part where Isaac adaka boro was killed. maybe you can use google to learn green on blue attack.
[bHe wrote there in his book which he called My Command. We had never had a thousand casualties. From Calabar to Port Harcourt, 480 kilometres, I had only eight dead. Among these were two officers–Captain Fashola and Isaac Adaka Boro. In his book, he said Isaac Boro went on a social visit.[/B]
He did not. The man left me at 6 o’clock after he came for his orders for final battle into Port Harcourt. And after receiving the orders, he died at 6.15 in the morning. He was going back to his unit and saw a building that was locked with the windows shut. Usually, an officer would ask the orderly to go see what is inside. He went there himself and opened the door. The soldier had only one bullet left and shot Boro. I have the picture of the soldier in my book. When we captured him, we had to send him to the headquarters, because my mother had told me I should never shoot anybody that was looking at me in the eye. I wrote it in the book. I just sent him to the headquarters, but my photographer ran with me and took the picture. I didn’t even let the soldiers beat him up. Adekunle should not have been removed. The proper thing was to have sent him on a month-long holiday in Lagos. I was in the trenches, but I was enjoying myself. I didn’t experience too much stress. I was young, running here and there. There were soldiers who showed me their bruises and I showed them mine to make them know I was there with them. We ate the same food and drank the same bloodstained water.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2013
tsalam:

He wrote there in his book which he called My Command. We had never had a thousand casualties. From Calabar to Port Harcourt, 480 kilometres, I had only eight dead. Among these were two officers–Captain Fashola and Isaac Adaka Boro. In his book, he said Isaac Boro went on a social visit.
He did not. The man left me at 6 o’clock after he came for his orders for final battle into Port Harcourt. And after receiving the orders, he died at 6.15 in the morning. He was going back to his unit and saw a building that was locked with the windows shut. Usually, an officer would ask the orderly to go see what is inside. He went there himself and opened the door. The soldier had only one bullet left and shot Boro. I have the picture of the soldier in my book. When we captured him, we had to send him to the headquarters, because my mother had told me I should never shoot anybody that was looking at me in the eye. I wrote it in the book. I just sent him to the headquarters, but my photographer ran with me and took the picture. I didn’t even let the soldiers beat him up. Adekunle should not have been removed. The proper thing was to have sent him on a month-long holiday in Lagos. I was in the trenches, but I was enjoying myself. I didn’t experience too much stress.

Read the bolded
My dear we have two accounts of eye witnesses. it is his word against tha of OBJ on how Isaac Adaka Boro died.

assuming we believe his own, how does the stress experienced by the soldier who allegedly shot Boro, compare with that of Adekunle who planned a PRE-MEDITATED MURDER?
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by jumobi1(m): 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
My parents went through the war. Igbos had kwashiorkor too. My uncle was adopted after he was found malnourished and abandoned.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
jumobi1: My parents went through the war. Igbos had kwashiorkor too. My uncle was adopted after he was found malnourished and abandoned.
Like the example of the Kano park bombing, they will rather believe that all except the Igbos had Kwashiokor/malnutrition.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by ROYALD(m): 2:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
where Obasanjo was hiding in Ikoyi. He wanted to make sure he was not killed by those who didn’t want him to be head of state. Obasanjo needed Northern support, wawu
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by ROYALD(m): 2:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
who killed Isaac Adaka Boro?
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 2:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
That is another nagging question. Even the man who this soldier allegedly killed Boro, does not have a name.
ROYALD: who killed Isaac Adaka Boro?
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by sexkilzaphull: 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
Good one gallant Nigerian soldier! General Adekunle has indeed DONE very well, he did his duty to Nigeria. History will remember him and be kind to him. His current challenges is NOT HIS FAULT, it's not some STUPI.D KARMA...he was doing his professional sworn duty! To do otherwise was a SIN and crime against the country he swore to serve, to be in the army is not by force! If you can't do it, you could have been a farmer or something else so he did his job VERY WELL!

His health challenges and inability to get better treatment is part of the BIGGER NIGERIAN problem. There are millions who have been in worse situations and yet they never fired a single shot at even an animal in their life, is that karma too? No, it is NIGERIA - a country that has refused to plan for its people, their welfare, healthcare, etc. There is absolutely NO REGRET for fighting the war, if General Alabi had not had a chance to leave to the US (due to his peculiar circumstances), he might have been in similar or worse situations today! Even many Nigerians who live in the West, people like me, some of us earn over N 1 M in one month doing what we absolutely love not struggling to do a boring, repetitive job or in MTN, Globacom, or some Oil & Gas company where all you get for killing yourself in traffic, breathing in smoke and dust, bracing for threats from BH, militants, thieves, etc is a N 300,000 - N400, 000 per month! These ones are the super lucky ones, or you will hold your life in your hands and become a politician, a bootlicker, any government in power, ritualism, etc to make millions you may not even live long to enjoy or spend with peace of mind! When Nigeria fixes its problems, people like General Adekunle, big or small Nigerians will be guaranteed a decent living and healthcare. Ibos (former biafrans) should quit seeing this as some kind of karma, it is not!

6 Likes

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 3:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:

No, it is NIGERIA - a country that has refused to plan for its people, their welfare, healthcare, etc. There is absolutely NO REGRET for fighting the war,
Even many Nigerians who live in the West, people like me, some of us earn over N 1 M in one month doing what we absolutely love not struggling to do a boring, repetitive job or in MTN, Globacom, or some Oil & Gas company where all you get for killing yourself in traffic, breathing in smoke and dust, bracing for threats from BH, militants, thieves, etc is a N 300,000 - N400, 000 per month! These ones are the super lucky ones, or you will hold your life in your hands and become a politician, a bootlicker, any government in power, ritualism, etc to make millions you may not even live long to enjoy or spend with peace of mind! When Nigeria fixes its problems, people like General Adekunle, big or small Nigerians will be guaranteed a decent living and healthcare. Ibos (former biafrans) should quit seeing this as some kind of karma, it is not!
I love the bolded part of your response... Read the Aburi accord, and reflect on what would have been if Gowon and FG had not reneged on that agreement....
When will Nigeria get it Right?
When will Soldiers, fight with Honor and be brave in the face of death Knowing their family and loved ones can depend on the State to provide for them?
When will Nigerians be partriotic enough and sound as happy as you are sounding (being in their fatherland and not some foriegn country?
Nigeria must and should go back to the drawing board and revisit History, with clear and open mind.

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by sexkilzaphull: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
Well said and I agree on most of your points. Yes, the Aburi accord could have gone a long way to put into place different structures that Nigeria still struggles to put in place today. The reasons are obvious. However, blame the FG, Gowon and many others too many to list, the accord failed in large part because Ojukwu rather than accepting perhaps 90% of that agreement chose an all or nothing approach. This is NEVER a successful way to handle things, it's like cutting off your nose to spite your face well because the nose is not your preferred shape. Who loses? Well, up till today most parts of Nigeria are still losing!

However, that was 40+ years ago, what makes it impossible for a country to correct a problem in over 40 years?? Could you imagine in the personal life of a man, he still cannot correct errors after 40 years? Well, all of Nigeria FG, Gowon, Ojukwu, and ALL OF US, especially the stoop.id Nigerians who support and vote for useless national leaders like we have now are to blame!
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by eagleeye2: 3:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:
Well said and I agree on most of your points. Yes, the Aburi accord could have gone a long way to put into place different structures that Nigeria still struggles to put in place today. The reasons are obvious. However, blame the FG, Gowon and many others too many to list, the accord failed in large part because [b]Ojukwu rather than accepting perhaps 90% of that agreement chose an all or nothing approach. [/b]This is NEVER a successful way to handle things, it's like cutting off your nose to spite your face well because the nose is not your preferred shape. Who loses? Well, up till today most parts of Nigeria are still losing!

However, that was 40+ years ago, [b]what makes it impossible for a country to correct a problem in over 40 years?? [/b]Could you imagine in the personal life of a man, he still cannot correct errors after 40 years? Well, all of Nigeria FG, Gowon, Ojukwu, and ALL OF US, especially the stoop.id Nigerians who support and vote for useless national leaders like we have now are to blame!
Again the bolded. FG under Gowon wanted to control the resources of the different states in the federating unit, (AKA RESOURCE CONTROL) I believe that is what the Niger Delta is fighting for now.
The part two of the bolded, why it is impossible to work things out?
It is impossible because, you need to address the major causes of people's grievances... that is why I said revisit history and come back to the drawing board.
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by tomakint: 4:10pm On Jul 09, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:
Good one gallant Nigerian soldier! General Adekunle has indeed DONE very well, he did his duty to Nigeria. History will remember him and be kind to him. His current challenges is NOT HIS FAULT, it's not some STUPI.D KARMA...he was doing his professional sworn duty! To do otherwise was a SIN and crime against the country he swore to serve, to be in the army is not by force! If you can't do it, you could have been a farmer or something else so he did his job VERY WELL!

His health challenges and inability to get better treatment is part of the BIGGER NIGERIAN problem. There are millions who have been in worse situations and yet they never fired a single shot at even an animal in their life, is that karma too? No, it is NIGERIA - a country that has refused to plan for its people, their welfare, healthcare, etc. There is absolutely NO REGRET for fighting the war, if General Alabi had not had a chance to leave to the US (due to his peculiar circumstances), he might have been in similar or worse situations today! Even many Nigerians who live in the West, people like me, some of us earn over N 1 M in one month doing what we absolutely love not struggling to do a boring, repetitive job or in MTN, Globacom, or some Oil & Gas company where all you get for killing yourself in traffic, breathing in smoke and dust, bracing for threats from BH, militants, thieves, etc is a N 300,000 - N400, 000 per month! These ones are the super lucky ones, or you will hold your life in your hands and become a politician, a bootlicker, any government in power, ritualism, etc to make millions you may not even live long to enjoy or spend with peace of mind! When Nigeria fixes its problems, people like General Adekunle, big or small Nigerians will be guaranteed a decent living and healthcare. Ibos (former biafrans) should quit seeing this as some kind of karma, it is not!
Put on your thinking cap for once and reason out like a true analyst! The facts are laid before you, painted in white yet you can't see it! Adekunle is reaping the fruits of his 'service to innocent lives' Brigadier-General Godwin Alabi-Isama is a Yoruba man (before the demonic-minded Yorubas here would start branding him Omo Ale) who came out to say the whole truth, yet you are still dancing round the vital points he raised! undecided

1 Like

Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by dayokanu(m): 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:

Well said
Re: Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2013
Here comes the legendary Benjamin Adekunle for those doubting his capabilities.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed / Fashola’s N78m Website, Twitter Account Hacked - Vanguard / The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.