Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,300 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) (29372 Views)

Saraki Faces Fresh Charges For Receiving Governor’s Salary As Senator / Press Release: Agbaje Promises Pedestrian Bridge, Reduced Charges For Ladipo / Reps Reject 25%, Insist On 7.5% Pension For PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Wadosky(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2013
I moved into a new ghhhh house and was made to pay extra charges cos of the time the house was vacant. I seriously thought of by passing it but decided not cos of the position of the meter. Seriously if I have my way I will do it.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Wadosky(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2013
I moved into a new
house and was made to pay extra charges cos of the time the house was vacant. I seriously thought of by passing it but decided not cos of the position of the meter. Seriously if I have my way I will do it.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Onix01: 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
This is a scam of the highest order without notifying the general public. I was dumbfounded when I got to their office to top my card and got the message. I was forced to pay 1500 for the service fee of 2months excluding VAT and when I asked d woman, she said “even food whey I dey buy for 150 before na 300 and she then laughed”. At the end I had to pay 5000 as against budgeted 3500. I shook my head and made her realise she's surely going to face the negative consequences coz it's a viscious circle (what goes around comes around).

1 Like

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Kashif(m): 4:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
I experienced it last month. Never knew this was what Prof Chinedu Nebo was coming with...

2 Likes

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by nerodenero: 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
kpozite:
"broad day light" were you thinking of bread while typing?
The thought of bread and ewa aganyi filled his mind.lol
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by AbuMikey(m): 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
We givvvveUp
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
i bought units on Monday, after a week of walking around looking for it and hearing 'no network', to my shock, i saw one chengele unit reading on my meter! i was livid with rage!! Its bad enough we don't see the light, thereby extending the duration the unit will last and ultimately, costing us more!! We are being robbed blind!!!!

1 Like

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Desanta(m): 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
By June next year, those of us in Benin City will be paying 1,500 Naira as fixed charge. So what are we going to do? Just accept it? We should begin to ask our president to resign.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by tjskii(f): 4:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
Really,mayb it hasn't gotten to ibadan yet,stil paid 500 for charges yesterday undecided undecided
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by MiloRambaldi(m): 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
This is daylight robbery. A fixed charge should be included only if they are giving the meters free or subsidized, which they are not.

Granted they have to maintain the infrastructure and their support organisation even when users are not using their power, but they have enough volume from the 1 million or more users to waive any fixed charge.

While this is still better than the arbitrary non-prepaid system, this case should be taken up with Consumer Protection Council (www.cpc.gov.ng).
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by greatestman(m): 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
stephenponti: PHCN steals in bread day light
bread day light?
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Billionaires: 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
750 naira will enable them put infrastructures in place and the price will go down. That money can not even fuel your generator a day, why complain when its meant for a better tomorrow.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
dotunbond: The question now is what can we do to stop to stop this extortion,the rates are getting high and we just keep lamenting cos they know there is nothing we can do.
We need to make a move,this is corruption,there is no accountability and the fixed charge has really not been used for electricity improvement.

Disconnect your meter and connect directly to source

By the time we all do that, they'll review their billing policy
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by ganasy: 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
the first time they charged me 500 i tot it was a mistake and went back only to be told thats the new charge.
we all by pass the meter nw.......simple

1 Like

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Kinikini: 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
Some lawyers should institute a class action lawsuit nah
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by kkkp: 4:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
U are suffering frm anosognosia
Billionaires: 750 naira will enable them put infrastructures in place and the price will go down. That money can not even fuel your generator a day, why complain when its meant for a better tomorrow.

8 Likes

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
Legal robery, and it becomes ilegal if u refuse to be robbed

1 Like

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by ganasy: 4:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires: 750 naira will enable them put infrastructures in place and the price will go down. That money can not even fuel your generator a day, why complain when its meant for a better tomorrow.
Goat
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Damsman10(m): 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
LEvuls: @OP & MODERATOR where did u get this info from
mek una no come hype people spirit wit an uncomfirmed nuis.
pls verify wit source!
Tanku u undecided
na hole you dey ni¿

If dey fink dey'r takin d money wif dem 2 hell, sum1 pls help me tell dem say no b soooo.

D RICH GETTIN RICHER, D POOR GETTIN POORER...
F*ck dem all.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by dnawah(m): 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
it is because they have butter

1 Like

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Emisco1(m): 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2013
2 me. I jst da c am. Am telin ma dad 2 go 4 it he gud na. 4 ma area we payin 3k-4k per mounth 4 my house. Nw payin #800. Sowi blyk xa una rent hoas dt y
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Adiotimothy(m): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
What is permanent is changes, nigeria is prone to any negate changes that affect masses. My prayer is that may God give us a right leaders that 'll be mindful of innocent nigerians
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Damsman10(m): 4:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
Desanta: By June next year, those of us in Benin City will be paying 1,500 Naira as fixed charge. So what are we going to do? Just accept it? We should begin to ask our president to resign.
will egypt b happi 2day if dey had been beggin deir leader 2 resign.To make matters worse, i doubt if knows wat d civilians r facing...
I pray God forgives Nigeria and fight 4 d poor masses.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by platinumtt: 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
this is nigeria where all is acceptable.N750 service charge for what? if you have any problem with your meter, u go pay for am. My neighbour had issue with his prepaid meter, he was made to pay N3000 to rectify the problem.. na naija we dey ooooo. so when next u hear them dey fight for house of assembly, pray they kill them selves bunch of useless law makers

1 Like

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by MiloRambaldi(m): 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy:

Disconnect your meter and connect directly to source

By the time we all do that, they'll review their billing policy

Isn't that a crime? It should be, to discourage bypassing the meter. Best way to handle is to go thru the right consumer rights channel or the unions like NLC/TUC.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by pimplucious: 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
pls verify wit source!
Tanku u undecided

Its damn true. Went the other day to go recharge when I was told I told the service charge has been increased to 750 quid. This translates to whether they provode power or not they still gonna get paid. Damn these politicias make me sick
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by jonaboy: 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
Buben: PHCN and investors are set to make N1b monthly for doing nothing. PHCN and their new investors have increased the Fixed charge for Prepaid meters from N225 to N500 and now N750. We are told the target is N1000 monthly.

What this means is that, PHCN and the New investors, can go to bed, do nothing and still collect N1b every month from 1 Million subscribers of Prepaid meters. My God! How can this be happening?!

Wasn't the essence of the prepaid meters to ensure PHCN make electricity available and when it's not available, we don't pay as against the past when we usually paid NEPA for not giving Light?

With this introduction of High Fixed Charges, why would a company be willing to provide regular electricity when they are guaranteed a sum of N1b every month whether they work or not. I just don't understand the formulation of laws in this country.

Its such a shame what corruption has turned our politicians into. Monsters with no heart. This has to stop.

Its like GSM companies charging us N750 for just owning a Hand set. We are been charged N750 for owning a meter and yet we still pay electricity rates. Its wrong.

If you agree re-broadcast until it gets to someone in position to do something. If you just sit back, you never can tell what they will do next.

Charge you for your bore hole?

Its possible. Let's speak out now.
. The last time I bought PHCN card was on 29/3/2013 that was 75 units by end of June I was still having 22 units left cos I hadly see light,to my shock instead of paying 1500 service charge for 3 months I paid 1800 being service charge for 2 months at 500 and 1 month at 800 not even 750. I was really mad, why should pay 1800 for someone else inefficiency,if there was constant light I don't think I would stay for 3 months before I exhuast 75 units. God help Nigerians.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by ladygogo: 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
you all should contact the Consumer affairs dept at Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission. They should be able to resolve this issue.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by ayodot(m): 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
This really bad... I never envisage by a prepaid meter can b ones' undoing...
it is this same open exploitation that make people to start thinking and doing something illegal.

I'm thinking of bypassing
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by jonaboy: 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
pls verify wit source!
Tanku u undecided
. Pls visit any PHCN office near u and they would verify what op typed for u.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by farem: 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
[color=#990000]
PHCN steals in GARRI day light (not bread)!
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by nnekaela(f): 5:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
Henry praise: for my area na phcn dey pay us, we no dey reason their mata, dem be chew gum.
I want to relocate pls, were do u stay?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan At The US House Of Representatives With Peter Obi (Photos) / Lai Mohammed: How Much Nigerians Can Make From Whistle-blowing / Japan Donates 31 Ambulances To Nigerian Teaching Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.