Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,401 members, 7,812,175 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) (29371 Views)

Saraki Faces Fresh Charges For Receiving Governor’s Salary As Senator / Press Release: Agbaje Promises Pedestrian Bridge, Reduced Charges For Ladipo / Reps Reject 25%, Insist On 7.5% Pension For PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by taharqa2: 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
Even d idea of a FIXED charge for Electricity (used or not) doesn't make any sense to me. Whilst, I agree that Consumers shld pay a Charge that wud be used by d Electricity Utility companies to maintain its Equipments and d System itself, I feel this Charge shld be tied to d specific Units of Credit a Consumer buy at any time, and not a FIXED blanket one ie it cud be say 8% of d Amount of Units bought by a Consumer at every time......
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by InMyOpinion(m): 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
@Poster - thanks for posting this. You forgot to mention that amount per KWH has also increaded. I was infuriated when i went to recharge but I simply paid and walked away (which is very wrong - we need to shout when we see an obvious wrong) so I applaud you for bringing this to this forum- hopefully someone at the tops reviews posts on nairaland

Its quite anoying that if you recharge every 6 months for instance, you have pay N4,500 in additional to whatever you are buying

But i think something can be done - write-ups in the papers, complaints to consumer protection board,etc, i think something can be done...will explore the consumer protection board option..

This is supposed to be their website http://www.cpc.gov.ng/
lets flood them with complaints
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by surveycash2: 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
taharqa2: Even d idea of a FIXED charge for Electricity (used or not) doesn't make any sense to me. Whilst, I agree that Consumers shld pay a Charge that wud be used by d Electricity Utility companies to maintain its Equipments and d System itself, I feel this Charge shld be tied to d specific Units of Credit a Consumer buy at any time, and not a FIXED blanket one ie it cud be say 8% of d Amount of Units bought by a Consumer at every time......

Valid point. But dont be amazed to see a jump from 8% to 80% few months after implementation. The problem is not the formula but the people. Corruption is always fighting back.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Unekky: 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
Its time we Nigerians fight for ourselves, Since our Government is not in anyway defending their citizens, we can only achieve it by protest, where is that power Minister that will drive away the demons in the sector? Is he driving or bringing demons into the sector with these charges now?[color=#770077][/color]
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
takeprofit:

What do u mean? i pay =N=4,000 monthly here for 3 bedroom flat, no air conditioner. u mean u pay less than that?
You don't get it! Everyone will now be paying N750 fix charge in addition to their monthly consumption. If you're paying N4000 then, it implies you should be paying N3250 on a normal ground.In our other house where power consumption is not metered yet,we get billed 420kw at N12.3k/kw in addition to the N750. You're even paying about N2000 lesser than i do and the house is 3bedroom too. I think you're lucky. grin
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by emmydee(m): 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
I'v complained abt this monthly fixed charge severally.it just doesn't make sense.i paid 26k for my prepaid metre & had to wait for 9 months to obtain it.i paid for installation.now each time i go for a recharge, am being informed of abt 3 to 4 months accrued Metre Maintenance Charge. If they keep charging this MMC, there will be no drive to ensure effective supply of electricity. So this charge must be terminated. If there's nothing else d people on street protest against at d gates of the assemblies,(states & federal), we must go for this.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by daguru(m): 7:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
robbery thru prepaid meter
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by searay(m): 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
ayobase:

Two wrongs wouldn't make it right.....its a sin bypassing no matter what condition or reason attached...Cheating has no other name. Disconnect totally, and seek for other source of electricity if u aint okay with their ridiculous terms and conditions!

My piece of advice!
*****Now Playing****
Cheat me I cheat you man no go vex, sorry "na do me I do you man..."
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by mindtricks: 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
Buben: PHCN and investors are set to make N1b monthly for doing nothing. PHCN and their new investors have increased the Fixed charge for Prepaid meters from N225 to N500 and now N750. We are told the target is N1000 monthly.

What this means is that, PHCN and the New investors, can go to bed, do nothing and still collect N1b every month from 1 Million subscribers of Prepaid meters. My God! How can this be happening?!

Wasn't the essence of the prepaid meters to ensure PHCN make electricity available and when it's not available, we don't pay as against the past when we usually paid NEPA for not giving Light?

With this introduction of High Fixed Charges, why would a company be willing to provide regular electricity when they are guaranteed a sum of N1b every month whether they work or not. I just don't understand the formulation of laws in this country.

Its such a shame what corruption has turned our politicians into. Monsters with no heart. This has to stop.

Its like GSM companies charging us N750 for just owning a Hand set. We are been charged N750 for owning a meter and yet we still pay electricity rates. Its wrong.

If you agree re-broadcast until it gets to someone in position to do something. If you just sit back, you never can tell what they will do next.

Charge you for your bore hole?

Its possible. Let's speak out now.
WELCOME TO HELL. . . !
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by bonetalk(m): 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
Jenams: They r criminals! Dis is exactly wat made me connected directly n bypass d meter. Dem neva s kissee anytin
that's too dubious undecided
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires: 750 naira will enable them put infrastructures in place and the price will go down. That money can not even fuel your generator a day, why complain when its meant for a better tomorrow.
750 naira can't fuel a gen 4 a day? Lmao yeah right grin
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by infogenius(m): 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
In Barnawa PHCN station,they charge a fixed charge of N800.Infact it is boldly pasted on their walls.
If the fixed charge is now N750,the sub station charges N50 extra.
As far as I am concerned,this is extortion,not minding that they have increased unit per kw/h charge.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by SHAAWA: 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
fixed charge from April 2013 to date is N702, Rate per unit was N11.74 then, now it's N12.64. Rip off all the way, consumer protection council where are thou?
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
no point talking to anyone. i prefer to sit and talk to a donkey which is a million times better than phcn staff. from senior to junior they r all animals who breed smaller animals at home.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by sunkuns003(m): 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
u don't pay nepa bill that is why u are asking of confirmation
LEvuls: @OP & MODERATOR where did u get this info from
mek una no come hype people spirit wit an uncomfirmed nuis.
pls verify wit source!
Tanku u undecided
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by NosaHenry(m): 8:23pm On Jul 10, 2013
Why I don't support frivolous charges I think our electricity bill is close to free in this country. go to UK you will see bills that will break your backbone
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by mckemsoc(m): 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires: 750 naira will enable them put infrastructures in place and the price will go down. That money can not even fuel your generator a day, why complain when its meant for a better tomorrow.

You're really funny... It seems u don't reside in Nigeria. Has anything (price of goods) that goes up ever come down in this country? Even if it would come down later, that price is bleepingly too high for monthly charges. For God's sake d metres were'nt given 2 us free of charges or @ subsidized price, why should it b that high?

Imagine Telecom charging in same way for owning a handset. Nigeria need 2 wake... They already knew d masses ain't gonna do anything about it and will continue highing it.

We hav 2 save ourselves frm this mess!
#REVOLUTION#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by benzion72(m): 8:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
When I discovered that 500 are being charged as Fixed charges I raised issues, I wrote about it on social media, Twitte about it, but my voice is so little and it was not heard. Now this criminal and agent of an irresponsible government have done what they know best to do raising tarrif and price without tackling inefficiency and fraud.
Now Nigerian will be forced to pay for service not rendered. Who will deliver us from this oppresive and slave master, who even want more years of retardeen growth, surrounded by agents of colonial master who do the bidding of IMF and world Bank hook line and sinker.
I am not suprised but 2015 will be a decesive year, no amount of fake kneeling before a Pastor will do again.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
Kashif: I experienced it last month. Never knew this was what Prof Chinedu Nebo was coming with...
i said it, and i will keep saying it. Chinedu nebo is nothing but a failure as a minister of power. The earlier nigerians rise against that mumu the better. since he became minister of power, power has turned from bad to worse. Generation keeps reducing. Now this day light robbery going on under his nose. The earlier we force barth nnaji back or find someone better to replace that mumu the better.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
and there you go again
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by SHAAWA: 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
which source do you want? quote me or come to my house and collect my prepaid meter receipts though mine is N702 for the fixed charge.

sunkuns003: u don't pay nepa bill that is why u are asking of confirmation
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Elose11(m): 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
pls verify wit source!
Tanku u undecided
I can confirm this, my friend. I recharged last month in Abuja and 703 was taken from my money as fixed charges as against the usual 500. Infact the rate is N23.40 per day as against N16.64 in May. When I checked the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission NERC web site, I discovered that the charges were approved by them. Your location will determine how much charges you pay. Whereas those in Ibadan zone will be paying less, those in Lagos and Kano will pay more. There will also be phased increase in tariff. It is going to be a yearly thing. By 2015 some people will be paying as much as 2K plus as fixed charges. The exploitation of Nigerians is just starting. Just as the Op stated, why will an investor spend his money improving its services when it knows head or tail, a princely sum is coming to him monthly. And don't forget that the so called private investors have not taken over. When they eventually do, we should be ready to be charged more.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by leke12(m): 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hmmm!!!!!! Its not a suprise to me coz it has been like dat with other sectors and the politicians wont do anything coz they ar benefitting frm al this extortion, rippin off nigerians especially the youth of their money(60% of naija population) this will continue until the youths stop talking but acting...
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2013
Lets all send our complaints to CPC. I've sent mine just now. Let make our voice heard. I'm sure the topic would be mentioned in their weekly radio programme if like 50 people lodge their complaint.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Jennyamaka: 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
By their name we shall know them.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Princetammy: 9:51pm On Jul 10, 2013
[quote author=Billionaires]750 naira will enable them put infrastructures in place and the price will go down. That money can not even fuel your generator a day, why complain when its meant for a better tomorrow.

I might not be psychiatrist but i can confirm you are mentally sick
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by MiloRambaldi(m): 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2013
pimp_lucious :
I suggest instead of just commenting or reading this post and go to sleep afterward we visit the public complaint commission webby found here: http://www.publiccomplaints-ng.org/ and lodge a complaint. Just click on "sunmit your complaint" tab at the top of the webby.

Yes. that's it, my 2cent. Pls contribute urs.

Thx for the link. I've submitted a complaint. Others should do same.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Prince0500(m): 9:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
pls verify wit source!
Tanku u undecided
so u want to tell me u dont know dis is happening?
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by halavoke: 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
Jenams: They r criminals! Dis is exactly wat made me connected directly n bypass d meter. Dem neva see anytin

Best comment I have seen on NL today grin
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
bonetalk: that's too dubious undecided
do u hav a transformer in ur street? Do urself a favour and hug it! Brainless kid who still feeds from mum n dad.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Biodup: 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
The #750 fixed payment is applied to both prepaid, post paid and estimated. That is a result of weak system
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by IYANGBALI: 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: Me don kukuma disconnect my prepaid meter and join my wire direct to source...

When PHCN give me steady light then make dem expect me to subscribe to their tariffs...
dats my man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Terrorist Captured With Money / Dolapo Osinbajo At Obafemi Awolowo's 30th Remembrance Service / ''I Will Not Disappoint Nigerians'' President Buhari Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.