Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,670 members, 7,809,536 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) (29368 Views)

Saraki Faces Fresh Charges For Receiving Governor’s Salary As Senator / Press Release: Agbaje Promises Pedestrian Bridge, Reduced Charges For Ladipo / Reps Reject 25%, Insist On 7.5% Pension For PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Sike(m): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
Na Electric go shock all of them.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Youngzedd(m): 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
stephenponti: PHCN steals in bread day light

What is happening to NL today.

All the oyibo wey I dey see today get k-leg.

Maka why?
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by mimonmon: 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
When will their madness for money stop? The CABAL are at it again.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Jehochee(f): 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
Jenams: They r criminals! Dis is exactly wat made me connected directly n bypass d meter. Dem neva see anytin
lol
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Jehochee(f): 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
Youngzedd:

What is happening to NL today.

All the oyibo wey I dey see today get k-leg.

Maka why?
youngzed ur funny ooo
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
Separate your kitchen and other parts of your house where you use appliances that consumes much power from the meter and you'll never have to pay much. If you think i'm wrong, you can continue giving them your hard earned income for doing nothing. wink cool
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by pimplucious: 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
I suggest instead of just commenting or reading this post and go to sleep afterward we visit the public complaint commission webby found here: http://www.publiccomplaints-ng.org/ and lodge a complaint. Just click on "sunmit your complaint" tab at the top of the webby.

Yes. that's it, my 2cent. Pls contribute urs.

2 Likes

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
ayobase:

Two wrongs wouldn't make it right.....its a sin bypassing no matter what condition or reason attached...Cheating has no other name. Disconnect totally, and seek for other source of electricity if u aint okay with their ridiculous terms and conditions!

My piece of advice!

You make sense cool.
Na you I follow enter....I no go bother reading other posts

1 Like

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by odedele: 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
when PHCN workers were protesting against privatization u pple were raining curses on dem.Now GEJ has suceeded in selling our national asset to his PDP thieves.any tin goes in 9ja.ow i wish am an Egyptian
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Youngzedd(m): 5:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
Which kind of exploitation is this, our FG need to adjust this fixed rate otherwise I will port to illegal connection.
If they want it in pieces so be it.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Youngzedd(m): 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
pimp_lucious :
I suggest instead of just commenting or reading this post and go to sleep afterward we visit the public complaint commission webby found here: http://www.publiccomplaints-ng.org/ and lodge a complaint. Just click on "sunmit your complaint" tab at the top of the webby.

Yes. that's it, my 2cent. Pls contribute urs.

+1000
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by noblebright(m): 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
jonaboy: . The last time I bought PHCN card was on 29/3/2013 that was 75 units by end of June I was still having 22 units left cos I hadly see light,to my shock instead of paying 1500 service charge for 3 months I paid 1800 being service charge for 2 months at 500 and 1 month at 800 not even 750. I was really mad, why should pay 1800 for someone else inefficiency,if there was constant light I don't think I would stay for 3 months before I exhuast 75 units. God help Nigerians.
Guys in Abia state expesialy @ Isuikwuato we dey 1900naira o God wat is going on in Abia infat T.A is a thief

1 Like

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Abimbade: 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
[b]Hi peeps, i love all comments so far on thiS thread i think it is high time we all form an online association that will be enforceable offline, what i mean is that all our online efforts here will do but a little, those guys dont care they will still do what they want to do, until we form a formidable force of youths we cannot move any mountain. this is my proposal let everybody that love to fight for his or her right as a nigerian meet on this site or maybe someone shd open another thread cos im a little bit busy now, the thread will be for people who are ready for online and offline revolution, but everybody that wants to participate must be intelligent ooo not some idiots that will keep typing 1st to comment or garri stuffs or racial discrimination, lets try it out maybe it will work and we will have a chance of making our own footprints known in the transformation of this nation, mmmm i rest my case. WE CAN CHANGE THINGS FROM NAIRALAND TO NIGERIA THATS MY BELIEVE... CANT U SEE THE PICTURE?[/b]

2 Likes

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Emperor007: 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2013
Buben: PHCN and investors are set to make N1b monthly for doing nothing. PHCN and their new investors have increased the Fixed charge for Prepaid meters from N225 to N500 and now N750. We are told the target is N1000 monthly.

What this means is that, PHCN and the New investors, can go to bed, do nothing and still collect N1b every month from 1 Million subscribers of Prepaid meters. My God! How can this be happening?!

Wasn't the essence of the prepaid meters to ensure PHCN make electricity available and when it's not available, we don't pay as against the past when we usually paid NEPA for not giving Light?

With this introduction of High Fixed Charges, why would a company be willing to provide regular electricity when they are guaranteed a sum of N1b every month whether they work or not. I just don't understand the formulation of laws in this country.

Its such a shame what corruption has turned our politicians into. Monsters with no heart. This has to stop.

Its like GSM companies charging us N750 for just owning a Hand set. We are been charged N750 for owning a meter and yet we still pay electricity rates. Its wrong.

If you agree re-broadcast until it gets to someone in position to do something. If you just sit back, you never can tell what they will do next.

Charge you for your bore hole?

Its possible. Let's speak out now.

^^^

Revolution or Sovereign National Conference is long over due. You don't need an oracle to tell you that.

There's nothing anybody can do for you ( us ), until Nigerians decide that they're tired of suffering and smiling.

God himself hate fools too. Nigerians are presently the most gullible set of creatures on earth.

1 Like

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Emperor007: 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2013
Emperor_007:

^^^

Revolution or Sovereign National Conference is long over due. You don't need an oracle to tell you that.

There's nothing anybody can do for you ( us ), until Nigerians decide that they're tired of suffering and smiling.

God himself hate fools too. Nigerians are presently the most gullible set of creatures on earth.

1 Like

Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by takeprofit: 5:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
chykeearticle: Nigeria is a place where everything goes. Ridiculous!!! This White Collar Scam "PHCN and New Investor" are using to rip off the masses should be called to the National Assembly's attention as soon as possible, if not we will soon be paying =N=1000 (without light) every month.
Suffering and Smiling!!!!!!!!! angry

What do u mean? i pay =N=4,000 monthly here for 3 bedroom flat, no air conditioner. u mean u pay less than that?
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Waspy(m): 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
#Market women's gist
#lady's salon gist
#Kain kain parlour gist...@OP, biko, quote ur source
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by PECO4KING(m): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
GEJ is working.This is to insure adquate supply of power in future. Make u vote for him 2015. Yeye people (suffering and smilling) GEJ supporter.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Jaylone(m): 6:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
ayobase:

Two wrongs wouldn't make it right.....its a sin bypassing no matter what condition or reason attached...Cheating has no other name. Disconnect totally, and seek for other source of electricity if u aint okay with their ridiculous terms and conditions!

My piece of advice!
inasmuch as I don't agree with the first poster, the only other source of electricity is generator which is expensive. And he pays his taxes.....
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by maasoap(m): 6:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
I have posted this before:
Power generation can not improve in Nigeria unless we stop extortion and exploitation currently going on with the crude billing system introduced by Barth Nnaji. This crude billing method rewards govt and private investors (Nnaji inclusive) for generating zero power with fixed charge of #500 monthly. This monthly revenue is enough for any investors that generate close-to-nothing MW. Instead of letting these crooks who called themselves investors rewarding themselves for generating nothing, why not directly attach their revenue to what MW they generate, supply and consume by consumers using proportional increase in per unit charge. As against the current arrangement put in place by Nnaji to reward himself and his cronies in the power sector.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
Please share this on your facebook.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by timilehing(m): 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
Even if we shout, will that solve anything?
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
THIEVERY IN HIGH PLACES.....NIGERIANS WILL DO NOTHING BUT TAKE THIS LAYING DOWN AS USUAL.....LOL.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by maasoap(m): 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
"All that needs to happen for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing" - Martin Luther King.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by najoke: 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires: 750 naira will enable them put infrastructures in place and the price will go down. That money can not even fuel your generator a day, why complain when its meant for a better tomorrow.

^
u r just a fish

Back to topic,I asked the same question last week
https://www.nairaland.com/1346964/phcn-fixed-charge-now-n750
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by horlajide: 6:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
I learnt of this early this month wen I went to PHCN office to purchase credit. Got there and gave the female attendant both money and card and was surprised when she handed it back telling it wasnt enough to purchase credit saying sh1t bout some charges n that I hadn't purchased last month, what was most annoying was that I was confused bout the whole thing and told her to break it down only for her to tell me "I cannot talk too much" angry. Was so angry, I felt like reaching into her tiny cubicle and slapping the taste out of her tongue.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
LEvuls: @OP & MODERATOR where did u get this info from
mek una no come hype people spirit wit an uncomfirmed nuis.
pls verify wit source!
Tanku u undecided
o

Mr, its seems u v not being 2 any of the phcn office of late.because if u v, u would v seen a notice 2 dat effect starting 4r6 30th June 2013

In my own case, I was told dat I had 2 pay for service chargd 4 12months beginning 4rom July 2012, when in actual fact I bought units 4rom dem in janauary dis year after paying my outstanding fixed charges
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by emamos: 6:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
ayobase:

My piece of advice!
sin against who? Phcn or what, sit down dia dey watch
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by DAMIGHT(m): 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2013
Jenams: They r criminals! Dis is exactly wat made me connected directly n bypass d meter. Dem neva see anytin
this cant help us.... Why Criminal extention ?
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by manfred10(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
ayobase:

My piece of advice!

My friend shaaraap there,if you want to be dashing them money go ahead.Even 100 wrongs can make a right,even Father Christmas no go gree pay money for nothing.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by WarriPikin1: 6:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
To achieve the type of success in the telecommunications sector, Like [size=15pt]NITEL[/size], the fraud called [size=15pt]PHCN[/size] must be dismantled and removed from anything called electricity generation and use in this country,or we are bound to have those roundly corrupt government officials corrupting the new system and preventing it from achieving any success at all.
Re: N750 Monthly Charges For PHCN Prepaid Users (Meters) by PStacks(m): 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2013

Lovely.. A Criminal robbing a Criminal.. grin

These charges are bad, but we must not do a wrong thing to correct a wrong thing as 2 wrongs can never make a right.

What happens if every nigerian By-passes the meter?

0809ja4life.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FUTO Staff And Students Welcome Abia Returning Officer, Oti With Funfair (Video) / Nigeria Begins Use Of Cement For Road Construction Against Asphalt. / Dolapo Osinbajo At Obafemi Awolowo's 30th Remembrance Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.