Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' (3450 Views)

I Think, I Wanna Marry A Man.... ... Hmmmmmmm / I Love My Girlfriend But I'm Tired And Not Sexually Moved By Her Anymore. . / Overcoming Challenges Of Singlehood. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2013
Hello, I'm currently in a phase. I'm lonely n bored..I'm really tired of being single but I don't want to date out of desperation...I miss going ouut on dates and the lovie dovie stuffs..I'm sort of in a 'dry spell', it's been a while a guy asked me out, I'm not old ooooo.m..I'm really young, I've always been getting it wrong butt in determined to get it right now...I took some time off to work on my character (I'm a better woman now) but the fact is tthe men aint coming again...i also have this genotype clause that's y I'm real picky...I'm not talking about marriage oOooOo(still too young), I just waant a relationship to build on..What's wrong?
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 09, 2013
Funny post. grin

Nothing is wrong with you though. Like you said, it's just a phase. Get busy with something. Learn a musical instrument, for example. Oh, I'm also AS, so I understand the genotype brouhaha. smiley

1 Like

Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
Funny but sometimes, taking your mind and attention off something makes it come faster. Why don't you just focus on something else like sexkillz said and hopefully, dey'll come around.

Also, you might wanna try focusing more on the benefits of being single rather than the disadvantages. There are advantages to it, i tell ya! cool
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Enegod(m): 10:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
smh...something is seriously wrong with you
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by braine(m): 10:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Trust me, you're better off with your 'singlehood'.

1 Like

Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by k2039: 11:05pm On Jul 09, 2013
I'm single and lonely too, can we set up a date.

You are not ready for a relationship, the fact that you are crazy and conscious of it shows that you will be a bad energy to your partner, infact a clingy one.
Get busy with life, build yourself up, work on your goals, develop yourself to the point when you don't need to be in a relationship to be happy
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
braine: Trust me, you're better off with your 'singlehood'.

You might want to explain your statement better so she and many other 'I'm tired of being single folks' can learn a thing or two.

From experience I'm lonely and bored singles are often singles with little to no extra curricular activities of their own. They practically live their lives in waiting, waiting for that date to take them to the cinema, waiting for xmas or easter to do something fun/interesting or waiting to get married before they do abc and xyz.

Besides a lack of extra curricular activities there's also no clearly defined dreams or goals, the main goal is often to be attached to someone as a partner in a dating relationship not a business one.

Singleness is a gift make the most of it while it lasts, strive to achieve certain dreams or goals like a 20kg weight loss, buying your first car while you are single etc. With the internet at your disposal you can hardly be bored you can learn french online for free just for fun, pleasure or real business. Play word dynamo games for fun as well while you improve your vocalbulary. Research topics that interest you via google

Books are a great medium for killing boredom, get lost in good novels letting them work on your imagination as you read. Take yourself out to the cinema or go with a female friend, go watch theatre or stage plays when they are showing and you can afford it, go swimming for fun. Damn it girl there's so much to do to put boredom at bay.

I don't get it when singles cry wolf about their status like you did.

3 Likes

Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by geefizz(m): 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
Trust me, there's nothing wrong with being single. If u wanna go out, u can always call friends and chill. Dating outta desperation would juss end up biting ur *** later. smiley
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Dsage1: 11:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
alutacontinua: Funny but sometimes, taking your mind and attention off something makes it come faster. Why don't you just focus on something else like sexkillz said and hopefully, dey'll come around.

Also, you might wanna try focusing more on the benefits of being single rather than the disadvantages. There are advantages to it, i tell ya! cool

Someone says she's really tired of being lonely/single,you're here talking about benefit of what is making her worried.

@op,I'm happy you're not desperate in search of a boyfiend,don't worry,very soon you will meet your dream BF.
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by nenergy(m): 11:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
This genotype thing nawa o! Does this mean i walk up to the girl of my dreams at a function and go; "Hello, i'm nenergy" "oh, hi nenergy, i'm Amanda". "Its nice to meet you, Amanda." "em,pls what's your genotype?" BTW, i'm single too and i'm enjoying it-for now.lol
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Dsage1: 11:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
braine: Trust me, you're better off with your 'singlehood'.

Speak for yourself!

1 Like

Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Cholls(m): 11:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Guys encourage her! Can u see she needs it cool

1 Like

Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
D sage:

Someone says she's really tired of being lonely/single,you're here talking about benefit of what is making her worried.

@op,I'm happy you're not desperate in search of a boyfiend,don't worry,very soon you will meet your dream BF.

You really didn't give any advice to her, did you Rather, you condemned someone's advice with no reason whatsoever. lipsrsealed
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by gedtalks(m): 12:04am On Jul 10, 2013
Enegod: smh...something is seriously wrong with you

agbero boy shut up jare!!! Didn't you see the part she stated that she took time to work on her character ? Yet u still try to discourage her more.

@ OP. Nice girl don't mind this toutish commentator jare. If you are as nice as you sound. I swear what you need is a very handsome, caring, elite class guy. Your post made me feel like asking you out, but I'm in a relationship already. Dont worry he'll come. Good things dont come easy you know
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 10, 2013
The good Lord has just answered your prayers... How many PMs have you gotten? Uploading you picture to your profile cld speed things up... *shines teeth*
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by gedtalks(m): 12:25am On Jul 10, 2013
k2039: I'm single and lonely too, can we set up a date.

You are not ready for a relationship, the fact that you are crazy and conscious of it shows that you will be a bad energy to your partner, infact a clingy one.
Get busy with life, build yourself up, work on your goals, develop yourself to the point when you don't need to be in a relationship to be happy

@ K2039 ..... i dont agree with you at all. She tried to express herself OPENLY. This DOES NOT make her desperate or ''crazy'' she stated clearly that she does'nt want to make a mistake by rushing into anyhow relationship. Unlike OP here the problem with many of us Nigerians is that we are too hideous, pretencious, and fake. Please let us encourage someone who has come out of the hideous crowd to state categorically and openly what she desires. I wish her good luck jare.

1 Like

Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Odunharry(m): 1:14am On Jul 10, 2013
hope u r beta now?remembr u just got out of a relatnshp nt 2 long....

Dnt be desperate dear,lyk sexkills said,find smtng 2 do get urslf busy with tym guys wl flock after u
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by gedtalks(m): 1:22am On Jul 10, 2013
BraideBraide: Hello, I'm currently in a phase. I'm lonely n bored..I'm really tired of being single but I don't want to date out of desperation...I miss going ouut on dates and the lovie dovie stuffs..I'm sort of in a 'dry spell', it's been a while a guy asked me out, I'm not old ooooo.m..I'm really young, I've always been getting it wrong butt in determined to get it right now...I took some time off to work on my character (I'm a better woman now) but the fact is tthe men aint coming again...i also have this genotype clause that's y I'm real picky...I'm not talking about marriage oOooOo(still too young), I just waant a relationship to build on..What's wrong?

Sweet girl I want to suggest something to you that I think should work. Its all in one sentence ''try to make ureslf seem like THE COOLEST CHIC IN DRESSING, IN PERFUMERY, IN CHARACTER, IN OUT-GOING ness & liveliness, IN ''whats-up UPDATED-ness''. And most importantly make yourself to be seen and heard by the right kind of guys. It is true that we guys are the ones to walk up to the chic, but your role is to be seen-standing out and heard-more intelligently and lively (outgoing, music-fan, a bit of yopi mindedness) . Just try to stand out amongst other classy chics and see the result
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Nobody: 1:39am On Jul 10, 2013
What're your hobbies? Immerse yourself them. Unless they're (-) hobbies.
Are there new skills you would like to learn? Learn them.

The point is to occupy your time with fun and/or intellectual activities. When you go out, look your best - without being revealing; I'm a fan of modesty. And smell good; smell clean. Present yourself in the best positive light. Co-signing with what you said: Dating out of desperation would be a terrible idea. The next thing to do's to be patient and let nature take its course. You would be surprised to find that the day you meet a great guy's the day you're not even thinking about men or the lack of one in your life. You just have to be patient. Good luck.
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 10, 2013
A little romance exists in your current situation. The longing, the sighing, the beautiful moon, the mischief... Relax smiley. Singlehood usually ends when your thoughts are momentarily distracted anyway. Aloofness is s3xy undecided
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by dasparrow: 4:11am On Jul 10, 2013
BraideBraide: Hello, I'm currently in a phase. I'm lonely n bored..I'm really tired of being single but I don't want to date out of desperation...I miss going ouut on dates and the lovie dovie stuffs..I'm sort of in a 'dry spell', it's been a while a guy asked me out, I'm not old ooooo.m..I'm really young, I've always been getting it wrong butt in determined to get it right now...I took some time off to work on my character (I'm a better woman now) but the fact is tthe men aint coming again...i also have this genotype clause that's y I'm real picky...I'm not talking about marriage oOooOo(still too young), I just waant a relationship to build on..What's wrong?

If you are bored and lonely, do one or more of the following: Go and enroll in college/university, acquire a pet, acquire a skill, volunteer in your community, write a book, study your bible, spread the good news of Christ's kingdom, find a hobby you are interested in like gardening, baking, soap making etc, attend seminars/conferences, build on your career - that's if you have a career - just find something constructive to do with yourself and time. In the process, you will meet new people and have an opportunity to make new friends.

The men are not coming your way because no one needs an emotionally desperate/needy individual around them who brings nothing to the table/relationship. Your mates are doing great things within Africa and in the western world and you are here on Nairaland desperate for a relationship which most likely will just lead to fornication anyway. How many young men of nowadays are willing to date a lady without defiling her body in the process and turning her private part into a s*p*e*r*m receptacle?

There are a lot of young people making a difference in the lives of others around the world. Do the same. Eventually, the right guy will come along. Don't be a desperado because men can smell desperate ladies like you from a mile away.
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 10, 2013
gedtalks:

@ K2039 ..... i dont agree with you at all. She tried to express herself OPENLY. This DOES NOT make her desperate or ''crazy'' she stated clearly that she does'nt want to make a mistake by rushing into anyhow relationship. Unlike OP here the problem with many of us Nigerians is that we are too hideous, pretencious, and fake. Please let us encourage someone who has come out of the hideous crowd to state categorically and openly what she desires. I wish her good luck jare.

He thinks that every girl who wants to date is desperate. cheesy
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Enegod(m): 5:19am On Jul 10, 2013
gedtalks:

agbero boy shut up jare!!! Didn't you see the part she stated that she took time to work on her character ? Yet u still try to discourage her more.

@ OP. Nice girl don't mind this toutish commentator jare. If you are as nice as you sound. I swear what you need is a very handsome, caring, elite class guy. Your post made me feel like asking you out, but I'm in a relationship already. Dont worry he'll come. Good things dont come easy you know
screw you!!
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 10, 2013
Wow!!! Nairaland can be really crazy....thank y'all ffor your comments, the good, the bad and the ugly.....I don't know what to say anymore.

For those of you that think I'm jobless, sorry I'm not. I'm in my finals this year and I'm trying to set up an eventts management firm...

I rebranded myself, so I don't have friends anymore..I was really on tthe wrong path, so I had to quit all friendships...

I'm not desperate, I'm just extremely lonely....sometimes I feel like going back to my old friends but I know it's not the best for me...

I don't really know how to make friends anymore and I have to be extremely carefful so dat I don't fall backkk...

I tried going out to the movies alonen shopping alone, pizza dates alone, infact doing stuffs alone but it's just really awkward, people stare at sometimes as if I'm crazy( maybe they don't, maybe I just feel this way)

I really take good care of myself( I'm nt stinky)....I have good hygiene

Finally, I'm not depressed oooo, thiis is just how I feel....
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by k2039: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2013
BraideBraide: Wow!!! Nairaland can be really crazy....thank y'all ffor your comments, the good, the bad and the ugly.....I don't know what to say anymore.

For those of you that think I'm jobless, sorry I'm not. I'm in my finals this year and I'm trying to set up an eventts management firm...

I rebranded myself, so I don't have friends anymore..I was really on tthe wrong path, so I had to quit all friendships...

I'm not desperate, I'm just extremely lonely....sometimes I feel like going back to my old friends but I know it's not the best for me...

I don't really know how to make friends anymore and I have to be extremely carefful so dat I don't fall backkk...

I tried going out to the movies alonen shopping alone, pizza dates alone, infact doing stuffs alone but it's just really awkward, people stare at sometimes as if I'm crazy( maybe they don't, maybe I just feel this way)

I really take good care of myself( I'm nt stinky)....I have good hygiene

Finally, I'm not depressed oooo, thiis is just how I feel....
I'll be in PH next week, maybe we can set up a date, you never can tell this may just be the man you have been waiting for.
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Dsage1: 10:00am On Jul 10, 2013
alutacontinua:

You really didn't give any advice to her, did you Rather, you condemned someone's advice with no reason whatsoever. lipsrsealed

I did in my last sentence. What some people don't understand is that, feeling lonely/bored does not necessary means you're jobless. Sometime,you can as busy as market woman does during xmas and still feel that something is missing in your life.

To me, the best advise we should give her is to be more patience,be real,associate and dress well. Soon she would meet her dream boyfriend.
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 10, 2013

sexkillz: Funny post. grin

Nothing is wrong with you though. Like you said, it's just a phase. Get busy with something. Learn a musical instrument, for example. Oh, I'm also AS, so I understand the genotype brouhaha. smiley

People really talk about this genotype thingy but thank God i care less... i am AA and single......
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by repogirl(f): 11:47am On Jul 10, 2013
For me I think when you're not looking for something, dats when it comes to you.
Just be happy, confident and content with yourself first and everyother thing shall be added unto you.
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by effisyman: 11:51am On Jul 10, 2013
what about your project supervisor that wants to sleep with you?
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by mecussey(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
sexkillz: Funny post. grin

Sexkills you have become very reasonable, and your comments astounding now, you think before you talk. I am not saying you were not reasonable, I am saying you have become VERY reasonable. Seun has done a good job and has saved a soul.
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by mecussey(m): 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
Op...sorry but you are responsible for singlehood/lonliness.
Re: Hmmmmmmm...i'm Tired Of 'singlehood' by ibiso1986: 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
Braidebraide, guess you're my kalabari sister.. Anyway, just take ur time, they'll come after u..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sure Signs That Your Babe Will Cheat On You / Why Do Girls Find It So Hard To Ask Their Boyfriends For Sex? / I Dedicate This To You- INTROVERT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.