Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,517 members, 7,861,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:16 PM

Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos (20213 Views)

Saraki Wins First Battle At CCT Trial, PM News / Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story / Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 12, 2013
redsun: Nigeria is synonymous with corruption. The name Nigeria translates to corruption. Nobody does anything right in nigeria,not even the socaled clergies. It is country where almost everybody wants to get something for nothing.
Abegi...make i hear word
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by freshdude99(m): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
Gbawe:

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria-rated-8th-most-corrupt-nation-pm-news-lagos
By using the face of Okonjo Iweala, i believe that you all are very satisfied nw. But before relaxing have it mind that the present administration is trying hard to clear the mess you hausa/fulaniz have done for the past 35yrs. Na only God go punish all you northerners on nairaland RUBBISH FOOLZ[color=#000099][/color] undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
chidindufrank: From Obasanjo's regime 1976 down to Yardua's tenure 2007, Nigeria maintained the number one(1)position on the log I.e corruption was functioning at 100% capacity. But, under Godluck Jonathan, Nigeria is now 8th on the log according to op but 12th on the log according to BBC I.e corruption is functioning at 44% capacity. This clearly shows that under GEJ the country is moving forward and before GEJ leaves office in 2019 corruption must or would have been completely wiped out. Do you know what it means to fall from number one(1) position that you've maintained for over 36years on corruption log to 12th withing 2years of GEJ's tenure? My people this report is not that bad. GEJ is working.
i can say that u r a fool...sayin nigeria has been d most corrupt country since 1976,u dnt nid 2 gv us fake information coz u want 2 prove 2 us dt ur slowpoke fisher man z working...economy growth n standard of living falling every day
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by redcliff: 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
emmysenior: Obviously, we deserve to be no. 1 owing to the glaring evidences daring us in the faces everyday.

[size=15pt] NAIRALAND MOMENTS[/size]

1. That awesome moment when ur topic makes the front page. smiley

2. That awkward moment when a mode hid ur presuppose harmless post.

3. That sweet moment when more people like ur comment. sad

4. That bitter moment when a sensitive person decide to correct ur mistake (spellings & sentences) and expose ur flaws.
tongue

5. That bitter moment when a serial trouble maker decide to quote ur post and start a banter with you.

6. That confused feelings you get when political attackers take over ur thread and start a full blown e-war.

7. That annoying moment when a thread created after urs made the fp and urs relegated into the abyss. sad

9. That gangster feelings when you somehow type what's on most peoples mind as comment.

10. That awesome moment when you re 1st to comment. smiley

11. That genius feelings you get, when you correctly predicted the making of front page of a thread.

12. That awkward moment when you wonder how to create a thread as newbie.

13. That awkward moment when you wonder if most addicts actually get a prize for commenting always.

[size=15pt]fu*rk you brah![/size]
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by howfarwhatagwan: 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2013
Seriously? so we are just the 8th oh thank God after the stunt our president pulled the other day (Alams pardon) I thought we would forever remain number one.

My people forget am a lot of Nigerians are ready and willing to sell their souls for a few thousands we are seeing it everyday. In fact the young generation na im carry the cup oh but na our fathers teach them. In fact democracy in Nigeria even made it worse
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by gbokukueba(m): 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
nadia_SA:
South africas not corrupt undecided

Ngiyecela nhombazane umqa mbi manga
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Austeenxx: 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
8th in the world? We're Legends of corruption. cheesy

Where's our medal? cheesy
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
Haha,9ja no dey cari last,we dey always dey top ten.9ja i hail o.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by yamah1(m): 1:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by SamuelAllu(m): 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
You have a role to play my friend.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by erumena(m): 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
akpanoka: Its funny how people celebrate negative reports. When other non profit organisations said nigeria's econoy was growing geometrically, no body celebrated; when a UN agency said we have eradicated hunger no body clapped. When they said our economy is set to overtake that of south africa, no body danced. When they said Gej has attracted more foreign investment, no thread trended. Now that we are having cassava boom, no voice is being heard. Naija I hail oo

Please, walk the streets of Nigeria and tell me if that report is true!
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by hrykanu231(m): 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
Pure rubbish, even the people that published this list are corrupt, why them go cheat Nigeria from her 1st position? I geZ them collect small tyn 4 "baack hand"
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by canalily(m): 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
In as much as PDP APC EFCC CPC ACN ICPC even NAFDAC still exists in nigeria and nigerians are still crossing deserts with leg even in vessels to go abroad, its obvious Nigeria is still the most corrupt country in the world.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Favormi(m): 1:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
This corruption of a thing can never stop in Nigeria. Even u and i will do same if we were to be in the position...
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by ecnuel: 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
akpanoka: Its funny how people celebrate negative reports. When other non profit organisations said nigeria's econoy was growing geometrically, no body celebrated; when a UN agency said we have eradicated hunger no body clapped. When they said our economy is set to overtake that of south africa, no body danced. When they said Gej has attracted more foreign investment, no thread trended. Now that we are having cassava boom, no voice is being heard. Naija I hail oo

You are missing the point. When they say our GDP is increasing, the man in the street does not understand you. The prices of garri and beans are still on the rise but his purchasing power is going down by the day. You cannot tell me Nigerian economy is about to overtake that of so so and so country when I see Nigerians struggling to get Visas into those countries. The reality is that those "favourable" reports on Nigeria do not reflect in the life of the average Nigerian. WHAT REFLECTS IN HIS LIFE IS THE CORRUPTION LEVEL IN THE COUNTRY. TI must be correct. If they are wrong, it may be in the position, Nigeria's position should be second or third.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by dekins: 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
Having said all these,now what is the way forward?Shall we continue in corruption or try to redeem our image?How I weep for my dearest country!
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nnamdini(m): 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
R2bees: This is fake.. 9ja suppose top list nah.. Haba

its only pple lik you who hvnt been outside d country wil tink so.yes naija is very very corrupt bt step outside d bounders den you start wonderin 'abi i stil dey for naija'?
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nnamdini(m): 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
gbokukueba:

Ngiyecela nhombazane umqa mbi manga

stop confusing crime with corruption.maga mu ni?
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by jjcbuthot: 2:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
freshdude99:
By using the face of Okonjo Iweala, i believe that you all are very satisfied nw. But before relaxing have it mind that the present administration is trying hard to clear the mess you hausa/fulaniz have done for the past 35yrs. Na only God go punish all you northerners on nairaland RUBBISH FOOLZ[color=#000099][/color] undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

And how is GEJ trying to do that?

(1) By not declaring his assets

(2) By pardoning Alam

(3) By sweeping Ribadu report under the carpet

Select all correct answers..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nnamdini:

its only pple lik you who hvnt been outside d country wil tink so.yes naija is very very corrupt bt step outside d bounders den you start wonderin 'abi i stil dey for naija'?
. Nnamdi abi Nnamdini.. U want to tell me you are living abroad abi?..ok ride on, u don see oportunity nah...... Nwanne gbado anya o
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Concept(m): 2:35pm On Jul 12, 2013
We are underrated. I dey vex.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by kraftykc(m): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2013
Itoroetti :

Don't mind dem.
Is nigeria more corrupt than the middle east were only d few owns almost all the properties there?
The failed to praised the newly activated rail system.
They failed to praise the 9new varisites.
The failed to praised the boko haram menace that is gradually coming to an end.
The failed to praised the federal airport that has bin refurbished.
Their eyes will continue to be blind to see the good tins of life.

Ur fada is a dead architect of mischief! What have rail lines got to do with spreading corruption? What have new univerisities got to do with growing injustice? Will new universities bring Otedollar to book or the other myriad of GEJ minions that loot Naija blindly? Will new airports ensure that when I am coming home those airport miscreants wont demand their share of my money? Or is that I should shout for joy that Boko Haram which the late NSA told the world, began as a consequence of the PDP and GEJ's actions, has been pushed back for now? Who brought them out in the first place?

Like I earlier said, Amadioha strike your papa for cursing the earth with your presence.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by kraftykc(m): 3:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nnamdini:

So we must compete for last position abi? Abeg that no be excuse oh, if during Murtala and Buhari's eras corruption was stemmed and reigned in we can aspire to greater heights.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by mamagee3(f): 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
I'm surprised Nigeria is not in the top five list. grin

Anyway, Nigeria is in the top 10 list for sure and is rated just where they belong. grin
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by kraftykc(m): 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
HOTWATER: well, the report is negative and nobody is questioning he source . when it is a positive one from the international rating agencies , questions will be raised by many on how it was arrived at . i still believe in my dear counrty Nigeria . let the first non corrupt Nigerian send me his or her name for a special award .

Prof Tam David-West
Rev Mathew Kukah
Prof Wole Soyinka
Hon Chukwuemeka Chikelu
Gen Mohammedu Buhari
Col Dangiwa Umar....

You still dey talk? They come from all over the country, evil stems from wherever but so does good.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by blackbeau1(f): 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
Its not fair.this is partiality.how could we be given 8th position when we have been aiming for 1st position? Pls this should be reviewed cause its not fair
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by TechyGuy: 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2013

Politics / Why Mrs. Jonathan Does The Outrageous Things She Does By Ozodi Osuji by Gbawe. 16 posts & 150 views. 2:37pm (truth4meal)
Politics / Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos (1) (2) (3) by Gbawe. 118 posts & 7193 views. 2:35pm (Concept)
Politics / Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News (1) (2) (3) (4) by Gbawe. 159 posts & 17501 views. 2:32pm (kolado)
Politics / Amaechi Being Punished For Winning NGF Election - Opposition Governors by Gbawe. 1 post & 6 views. 2:27pm (Gbawe)
Politics / The Benefits Of New Abeokuta City Centre By Consultant by Gbawe. 5 posts & 165 views. 9:43pm On Jul 11 (tpia@)
Politics / Who Is Attending The Soyinka "Presidential Emergency" Meeting Tomorrow? by Gbawe. 3 posts & 192 views. 10:57pm On Jul 10 ($£yi)
Politics / FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges (1) (2)by Gbawe. 84 posts & 10846 views. 12:35pm On Jul 09 (princewoles)
Politics / Most Frequent Governor In Aso Rock ...and Least Frequent Revealed. (1)by Gbawe. 53 posts & 1785 views. 12:42pm On Jul 08 (wola44)

Boy, it's becoming too obvious. Let's use other tactics, okay?

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Rhea(f): 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
[size=18pt]At this point, I think the nation has forgotten what corruption means, besides the normal way of life. So I think we have earned the right to become unratable. Off the charts!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy tongue tongue[/size]
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by bibiking7(m): 3:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Dont mind the hypocrites. Most of the corruption in Nigeria takes place in Lagos and Abuja. Who is in charge of Lagos? Is it PDP? Does any law prevent the governors from fighting corruption? If the governor of Lagos state can fight okada, fight the poor, deport destitutes, fight traffic offenders,etc why cant he also fight corruption?

I have seen some silly comments on this website but yours my friend is a cracker. cheesy cheesy CRAP.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by deletrue: 3:35pm On Jul 12, 2013
It is very clear that TI do not know the difference between an event or issue exposed and when the act is actually committed. This present government only as much as possible exposed the degree of corruption in the country and not that the government is damn deep in corruption.
Thought this group, TI is up to eighty per cent perfect in nature. Not known that they are blatant up dawn group.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
[quote author=akpanoka]Its funny how people celebrate negative reports. When other non profit organisations said nigeria's econoy was growing geometrically, no body celebrated; when a UN agency said we have eradicated hunger no body clapped.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Won’t Discriminate Against South-east, Says Buhari / Obasanjo, Amina Mohamned, Ajimobi At Osotimehin's Church Burial Service / Tambuwal To Buhari: "You Are Too Old To Govern Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.