Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,544 members, 7,861,573 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:48 PM

Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos (20214 Views)

Saraki Wins First Battle At CCT Trial, PM News / Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story / Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
I don't think Nigeria is more corrupt than USA. So many corrupt practises are swept under the carpet in Southern Florida.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by AbuMikey(m): 10:05am On Jul 12, 2013
Lie of the Millennium
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 12, 2013
Calamama: Corruption getting worse, says poll

Top countries
:

1. Sierra Leone 84%
2. Liberia 75%
3. Yemen 74%
4. Kenya 70%
6 Mozambique 62
6. Cameroon 62%
6. Zimbabwe 62%
7.Uganda 61%
8.Senegal 57 %
9.Tanzania %56
10. Ghana 54 %
11. South Africa 47%

12.Nigeria 44%
South africas not corrupt undecided
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by LeStylo: 10:08am On Jul 12, 2013
Calamama: Corruption getting worse, says poll

Top countries:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23231318

1. Sierra Leone 84%
2. Liberia 75%
3. Yemen 74%
4. Kenya 70%
6 Mozambique 62
6. Cameroon 62%
6. Zimbabwe 62%
7.Uganda 61%
8.Senegal 57 %
9.Tanzania %56
10. Ghana 54 %
11. South Africa 47%

12.Nigeria 44%

This is a corruption perception survey and the answers of course will be subjective considering a number of factors. Real time survey will be investigative and analytical.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Chrikac: 10:13am On Jul 12, 2013
if i may say i concur
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 12, 2013
Even the new born baby knew that.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by talk2s(m): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2013
This rating is simply TO THE BEST OF THEIR KNOWLEDGE, not the final answer.
That's all!
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Joemint(m): 10:27am On Jul 12, 2013
Lets b realistic here, d govt of Gej is trying to fight corruption but are afraid to bite sm fingers n figures who r very corrupt which brot dem into d sys. Nigeria is improving, there is no way u cn win a war lik coruption in 2yrs. A sys inwhich even pri sch pupils do expo in class, imagine wht d future holds. So dat mentality of misconduct has to b flushd 4rm our sys n it cn only b done gradualy also noting our diversity to ensure sm sects wil nt say dey r being witchhaunted. Nig under Gej is growing fast 4me jst dat nigerians r alws gud coaches even wen dey hv no capacity 2coach. And up d super Eagles atleast dia is less coruption in d selection of player.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Onota: 10:28am On Jul 12, 2013
The rating is not fair to Nigeria. We should have been given the Gold.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by postulate321(m): 10:31am On Jul 12, 2013
Nigeria No. 8th? i cant believe this!
the country way carry 1st, all the poor masses go soon die b dat o.
Soo naija get senior lol?
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Youngzedd(m): 10:34am On Jul 12, 2013
Not easy to top number 8, soon we will top 1 (the champion) and we shall be given an international award.

Pathetic government.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by godwinony(m): 10:35am On Jul 12, 2013
who wan take our hard earned number 1 position

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 12, 2013
E don teey since i stopped believing in surveys na..world bank started the ish....Naija suppose dey zero rank, ahead of number 1 most corrupt country sf..mtchew...even my gateman is corrupt.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Eneze1(f): 10:38am On Jul 12, 2013
8th kee, that's impossible every body know say we be No. 1
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by anonimi: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2013
Horus: The Government in Nigeria is the innocent mirror of the nation. The quality of government and its leaders, is simply a reflection of the collective consciousness of all the people in Nigeria. In some instances, leaders who came to power as the champions of anti-corruption have themselves been charged with being involved with levels of corruption even more serious than those of their predecessors. If the collective consciousness in Nigeria is disintegrated and negative, and people are not behaving in accord with Natural Law, then problems and corruption will be an unavoidable phenomenon of government. If, on the other hand, the collective consciousness in Nigeria is positive, integrated, and coherent, then the government will not be influenced by any negativity. If the people in Nigeria wish to be protected from corruption in government, then they must create an integrated collective consciousness. Positivity and harmony should be so strong and dense in national consciousness that negative influences cannot penetrate it.

Thanks for putting it so well.
Those who point to Jonathan alone should ask themselves how many bribes they have offered and received this week alone as well as how many people they know who live above their LEGITIMATE salary and allowance without telling them anything.
You want Nigeria's rating to improve
Start with yourself and your relations, friends & neighbours.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 12, 2013
Corrupt policemen that collect #20 from every innocent Nigerian that drives along every federal and state owned roads. Corrupt PHCN that raise low bill and make it high. Corrupt Army that partner with boko haramers. Corrupt politicians that steal millions and billions of naira every month. Corrupt pastors that collect tithe and buy private jet for leisure and life of debauchery. Corrupt students that practise exam malpractise. Corrupt....the list is endless. Please can anybody tell me any sector of our economy that is not corrupt?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by size38: 10:42am On Jul 12, 2013
I expect Ruben Abati and his crew to respond to dis issue by claiming that the president and his government has no hand in d corruption going on in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by sheisfine(f): 10:42am On Jul 12, 2013
Like seriously, we even try. Which country is now the first?
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Metallurgist: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2013
akpanoka: Its funny how people celebrate negative reports. When other non profit organisations said nigeria's econoy was growing geometrically, no body celebrated; when a UN agency said we have eradicated hunger no body clapped. When they said our economy is set to overtake that of south africa, no body danced. When they said Gej has attracted more foreign investment, no thread trended. Now that we are having cassava boom, no voice is being heard. Naija I hail oo
sarcastically speaking
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 12, 2013
All hail apodachukwu! All hail fresh air! Nig is working indeed! Foooooooooooooooooooools!!!
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by chuksoyo21(m): 10:47am On Jul 12, 2013
Look at it. They just robbed us our no1 position of being the most corrupt nation. 9ja still remains no 1 most corrupt nation in the world becuz we no dey carry last.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Youngtekkey(m): 10:48am On Jul 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Dont mind the hypocrites. Most of the corruption in Nigeria takes place in Lagos and Abuja. Who is in charge of Lagos? Is it PDP? Does any law prevent the governors from fighting corruption? If the governor of Lagos state can fight okada, fight the poor, deport destitutes, fight traffic offenders,etc why cant he also fight corruption?
hey seun what are kids doing here see how this animal talk one of the clueless supporters of GEJ but hey u don't have a point here corruption is in every state of nigeria not only in lagos and abuja i think u don't even know the meaning of corruption?ode bringing fashola and opposition to this shows ur level of reasoning and shows that u have fish brain thinking like a kid rubbish u better go back to primary skul and write common entrance

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 12, 2013
size38: I expect Ruben Abati and his crew to respond to dis issue by claiming that the president and his government has no hand in d corruption going on in nigeria
hahahahahahahabu
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 12, 2013
Nigerians are going to rant on as usual then this whole subject will die don't complain if your not going to do anyhting. It's pointless and solves not so just shut-up and carry on.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by b0y(m): 10:53am On Jul 12, 2013
Gbawe:

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria-rated-8th-most-corrupt-nation-pm-news-lagos

Please do inform me when something worthy of news hits the front page... angry
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Clinton207: 10:54am On Jul 12, 2013
Wao dis is lovely I gues dis country (nig) is making progress. God help ☺º°˚˚˚°º☺!!! .
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by stchinedu: 10:57am On Jul 12, 2013
Did this report say we are 8th in the whole world?! Then we are trying. At the rate things are going in this country, I thought we would be in the first position but seeing it as it is now in the report, there is hope. All hail KING NIGERIA for this 'wonderful' rating.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Erifenz: 10:58am On Jul 12, 2013
Fake news why can't they give us our first position
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by stchinedu: 11:02am On Jul 12, 2013
chuksoyo21: Look at it. They just robbed us our no1 position of being the most corrupt nation. 9ja still remains no 1 most corrupt nation in the world becuz we no dey carry last.
LMAO!
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Wyzdum: 11:02am On Jul 12, 2013
I ve not gone far and wide but i read reports of other countries economic performance. Nigeria is so much blessed with whatever u can think dat helps devlopmnt but leadership. All de report we read on devlopmnt performance of d econmy, where r the indicators? Is it high & increasin unemplmnt rate in d face of increasing GDP growth rate which is more than d estimate populat growth rate, increasin borrowin & crude oil revenue while d critical infrastructures r in comatos, increasing poverty & school drop outs, can 1 invest where there is no security 4 life & investment?. Pls if these are d case, corruption is under statement, we have criminals as our leaders. It is high time we tell ourselves the truth. May b we sud be given numbr 1, if dat will make us understand what we r into...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by devour129: 11:04am On Jul 12, 2013
kingoflag: Watch Dumbo Joe list this as an achievement.
the guy will be like Nigeria was no one before I can in and it's an achievement I dropped it to no 8. The guy is a retard indeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mimiko Meets With Striking Workers In Ondo (Photos) / Judicial Commission Okays Onnoghen As Next Chief Justice Of Nigeria / OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.