Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos (20215 Views)

Saraki Wins First Battle At CCT Trial, PM News / Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story / Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by hassey(m): 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2013
akpanoka: Its funny how people celebrate negative reports. When other non profit organisations said nigeria's econoy was growing geometrically, no body celebrated; when a UN agency said we have eradicated hunger no body clapped. When they said our economy is set to overtake that of south africa, no body danced. When they said Gej has attracted more foreign investment, no thread trended. Now that we are having cassava boom, no voice is being heard. Naija I hail oo
ao do u xpect ppl to celebrate dat wen is not translated to d presenr reality. D only tin dat most of d ppl feel is d coruption. B wise man. Not positive as change in naija economy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
gbokukueba:

Ngiyecela nhombazane umqa mbi manga
grin grin lol its the truth nau..
Lol we thank God uve learnt good zulu ...not those swear words again...
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by cegno(m): 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
No nation can have better leadership than it deserves. Our political leaders today are simply a reflection of the larger society. Most of us if given the opportunity I am sure will not do better than the people there today. We need to change our consciousness, we need to imbibe the virtue of selfless service and sacrifice without which we cannot move forward as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by gbokukueba(m): 4:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
nadia_SA:
grin grin lol its the truth nau..
Lol we thank God uve learnt good zulu ...not those swear words again...

ngiyapela cheesy
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Baddestguyp(m): 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
Wat can i say? At least we're not the 1st
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Sike(m): 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hallelujah!
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Oxygenmayo(m): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nigeria no dey carry last o..in corruption we dey..in kidnapping, we tanda gidigba...in terrosism, we boku well well...in divorce rate, we are getting there..unemployment and poor standard of living, we no carry last @ all...too much dependence on oil revenue..if only God can just stop the flow for six month, we'll see how the oil theives and bunkers would survive it..#O ga o..
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by akandea(m): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2013
I tire for some Nigerians sef, hunger and many misfortune wan kill una! U still dey find people wey u better pass like Somalia, Nepal and the likes. U no see ur mate for other countries wey get 24hrs uninterrupted power supply, correct social amenities and better security which is why our rulers dey go there go flex and to spend our money. Abeg if una wan die inside hardship, dat na ur own wahala. But me I don tire for this kind misrule so I desire CHANGE!!!! Whose with me?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by MarkTwain1: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2013
Smh this oyibo people self must they cheat us in everything? Even our 1st position, they won't give us!
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by timowale: 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
akpanoka: Its funny how people celebrate negative reports. When other non profit organisations said nigeria's econoy was growing geometrically, no body celebrated; when a UN agency said we have eradicated hunger no body clapped. When they said our economy is set to overtake that of south africa, no body danced. When they said Gej has attracted more foreign investment, no thread trended. Now that we are having cassava boom, no voice is being heard. Naija I hail oo

Is it not of much greater fun when some people fail to understand that whatever benefit accrued to the masses and becomes tangible to them remains the most authentic parameter for judging the effectiveness or otherwise of any Government and not necessarily the commendations by some apologists

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by timowale: 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2013

Is it not of much greater fun when some people fail to understand that whatever benefit accrued to the masses and becomes tangible to them remains the most authentic parameter for judging the effectiveness or otherwise of any Government and not necessarily the commendations by some apologists?
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by nedu2000(m): 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
I'm a resident of nigeria,we don't 'ave light,half paint of gari is N250,the roads I use r bad & I was intimidated by the police so I fink I can say which news is false or not in terms of the affairs of my country,''economy talk" is a hoax & doesn't seem to affect the majority of nigerians in any way
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Orikinla(m): 6:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
This is the real achievement of the PDP administration.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by horlabiyi(m): 6:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
Na you people go tell us shey na fish dey inside sardine
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by obuji: 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
because all those things you mentioned can only be read on the news. But corruption!!!!, you do not need a microscope to see it written all over the faces of Nigeria ..
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by biafranqueen: 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
Horus: The Government in Nigeria is the innocent mirror of the nation. The quality of government and its leaders, is simply a reflection of the collective consciousness of all the people in Nigeria. In some instances, leaders who came to power as the champions of anti-corruption have themselves been charged with being involved with levels of corruption even more serious than those of their predecessors. If the collective consciousness in Nigeria is disintegrated and negative, and people are not behaving in accord with Natural Law, then problems and corruption will be an unavoidable phenomenon of government. If, on the other hand, the collective consciousness in Nigeria is positive, integrated, and coherent, then the government will not be influenced by any negativity. If the people in Nigeria wish to be protected from corruption in government, then they must create an integrated collective consciousness. Positivity and harmony should be so strong and dense in national consciousness that negative influences cannot penetrate it.
well said my friend more simply put leaders are a reflection of the people they lead. When we change the people change. We can start right here on Nairaland if we can be civil to each other on this forum I guarantee you the community will change, followed by the leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by biafranqueen: 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
akandea: I tire for some Nigerians sef, hunger and many misfortune wan kill una! U still dey find people wey u better pass like Somalia, Nepal and the likes. U no see ur mate for other countries wey get 24hrs uninterrupted power supply, correct social amenities and better security which is why our rulers dey go there go flex and to spend our money. Abeg if una wan die inside hardship, dat na ur own wahala. But me I don tire for this kind misrule so I desire CHANGE!!!! Whose with me?
I am I am
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by joseph1832(m): 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
Am still amazed some people here still use weasel words to deceive themselves and others who allow themselves to be deceived! Do we need a report from transparency international to tell us that corruption is on the increase? some here said we like to celebrate bad news, How come when people speak out against evil some people say they celebrate bad news or are enemies of progress? It is only in Nigeria who find all these things. For those of you here who deceive yourselves by telling yourselves and others that the country is getting better, please4 take a look at your surrounding, if you have light 24/7 then rejoice, if the road which you ply to work is tarred then rejoice, if you employer pays your salary as at when due and doesn't owe you, then rejoice....

But if the negative side of these things mentioned affects you one way or the other and you are telling yourself other wise, then my friend YOU ARE A FOOL!.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by biafranqueen: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
cegno: No nation can have better leadership than it deserves. Our political leaders today are simply a reflection of the larger society. Most of us if given the opportunity I am sure will not do better than the people there today. We need to change our consciousness, we need to imbibe the virtue of selfless service and sacrifice without which we cannot move forward as a nation.
well said I hope we are reading these post! Most time when a family member gets into office everybody starts trooping in asking for handouts and bogus contracts. If they don't Give them they call him stingy and Jew man. When a leader is refusing to take bribes most of the community start hating him and try an ruin the leader. People send they daughters, nieces, even wife to seduce them for contract. What about family that receive money from abroad to go buy land and property or start business. 90% of the time story of why the money was lost or use 1/2 to do the right thing other 1/2 squandered. How about when we know that family need help but we go buy bb phone or Brazilian hair. How about when people from abroad come home and build a 20 million dollar mansion in he village but the local primary students don't have desks, books or roofs with out leakage. They will go back to Oyibo land shouting corruption because hungry policeman ask for 250naira fom a person driving flashy car wearing flashy clothes using big English.
I am asking all of us to be the change. Stop calling each other names. Be happy with someone's success, be productive in action , talk and most importantly thoughts!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by biafranqueen: 7:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
dekins: Having said all these,now what is the way forward?Shall we continue in corruption or try to redeem our image?How I weep for my dearest country!
the way forward is that every single person needs to change today. Be good to your brother sister neighbor. Have love in your heart before you talk or act. Think positive about yourself and others. Do and say the right thing as much as possible if you slip then forgive yourself and keep being a lovely person.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Alishachris: 7:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
Big Joke
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by SPSpecial(m): 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nigeria is worse than that.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Cmeo(m): 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
Wow! Really!!
This Mr. President transformation agenda is taking us (Nigeria and Nigerians) to places o. He is really working. Abati, Okupe, Reno, Billionaire, Afam4ever and Co doesn't need to tell us again how Mr. President is transforming the nation, we all can see.

Congratulations Nigeria and Nigerians! Fresh air indeed!!
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Mcowubaba: 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
R2bees: This is fake.. 9ja suppose top list nah.. Haba
u too are FAKE..U NO BE THE REAL R2bees
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by cosify: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
It is far-fetched.In any case, how has that improved d living standard of d Nigerian masses. I think that in a country like Nigeria where there is institutional fragility, we should not b glorifying such ratings.It is gross betrayal if Nigeria tries to improve her image abroad while at home,an overwhelming majority of d citizens are wallowing in penury and an insignificant few in affluence.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by gothrones(m): 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
There is nothing we can do right in this country. We can't even be #1 in corruption. Haba.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
Mc owubaba: u too are FAKE..U NO BE THE REAL R2bees
you too. The only baba i knw is baba suwe, abi ur own na owuite baba grin
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by godman01(m): 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2013
Is it not number one that we are aiming
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by tundamartin: 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
Clerverly: I said it, Jonathan is on a mission to bankrupt Nigeria. Anywhere you tune to in local televisions, all you will be hearing is trillion naira contracts awarded without corresponding works! Patience and her son getting out shape owing to the billions they allocated to themselves for food condiments! Clark and asari sharing billions as their efforts in intimidating nigerians! Billions earmarked to fight Amaechi in rivers! There is every need to put concerted effort and sweep these vagabonds out power immediately. Tomorrow maybe too late

I agree totally. The Jonathan experiment simply because he is from SouthSouth is a spectacular failure. The guy is more corrupt than the average policeman at a roadblock!Time is about right to flush them down the waste drain and put an end to this type of corrupt ethnocentric politics.
[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by cosify: 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
cegno: No nation can have better leadership than it deserves. Our political leaders today are simply a reflection of the larger society. Most of us if given the opportunity I am sure will not do better than the people there today. We need to change our consciousness, we need to imbibe the virtue of selfless service and sacrifice without which we cannot move forward as a nation.
I understand your point in d context of a country like Nigeria , where corruption is d system.But there are still people who stand out, despite obstacles to right and sound morality.Such people are idealists.Will they be given the opportunity to be altruistic? Almost always no. Even if they are given d opportunity, you and i know dat idealism leads to nowhere but detention camps. Only 1 out of every 1000 would want to go there because human beings are naturally hedonistic. So in virtually all human societies,d many realists continue to practice their fraudulences on their gullible or indifferent fellow citizens.
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by anonimi: 8:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
The false story that was celebrated by the propaganda crew of the opposition has been refuted by the REAL Transparency INTERNATIONAL:

https://www.nairaland.com/1356660/re-8th-most-corrupt-nation-transparency
Re: Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos by lateef4me(m): 9:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
As if Tinubu ,the paymaster of the poster is not part and parcel of this corruption system in Naija !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations / Lawan: We Passed Buhari’s $5.5 Billion Loan Request To Save 20 Million Jobs / Breaking! Economic Activities Crippled In Anambra As Fuel Price Rise To ¥250

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.