Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 (42613 Views)

Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba / Jonathan At The Nigeria Army Day Celebration In Abuja / Nigerian Army Day Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by dbulus: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
Emmadani: Pple complainin d hamours are outdated,if govt decide to splash billions of naira on better ones,na una go still complain.Hmmm,9ja i hail una o,d most confused set of pple.

splash wah billions Apart frm da billions dey already are splashing
Admit dis weapons r da one adolp hitla used in da 1st world war. For boko haram yes dis may work, but for war fare sorry, subscribe to diplomacy
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by longjon: 9:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
x
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by sweetgala(m): 10:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
Only a stupid government would go all crazy splashing the cash on military hardwares. What we need would be to increase the wages of the service personnel's and improve their personal combat equipment.
I was pissed off when the claim an improvement was made on the personal assault riffle few years ago and saw the same old ak47 re designated OBJ 47. These guys need to be retooling and manufacturing FN FNC variants etc. We already manufacture the identical FAL and the troops have a working knowledge of the weapon.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
longjon:

Stop the bullish.t He pointed out your lie where you responded to my question and said the Machine Gun was manufactured in Nigeria by DICON

if you had knowledge yourself you would know that DICON produces machine guns. that's why i suggested it would be one of them. but that doesn't change the fact that all the gears in the pictures are produced in Nigeria. you are ungrateful cos i just educated you and you used that you rotten fingers to call me a liar. do your own research instead of being tossed around.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by sweetgala(m): 10:35pm On Jul 12, 2013
Crassus:

Outdated tanks. Most countries have it in their museums now

Thats A t-55 in a slovakia museum

Outdated does it kill or not! Why don't you stand in front of it to test it's verocity
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 10:41pm On Jul 12, 2013
Kingsteve: South African military hardware, compare and contrast!
That is all...

only an ignorant person will rate you high cos you have a defense industry that produces weapons for your incompetent army to pose with.

south africa d.estroyed its own military competence the day they integrated those guerrilla and unprofessional unteachable and unchangeable half-illiterate ANC freedom fighters into its army, navy, air force. those men are natural dullards you cannot upgrade their brains.

for south african military, the only thing left now is modern weapons and their photos, nice weapons in the hands of half brain soldiers.

south african military is NOT the same again as the apartheid era, it is living on past glory now. only ignorant people keep on rating them high.

this post above will hurt their ego and pride now....watch them foam in the mouth like a man with epilepsy....

and these are further proof of their incompetence and indiscipline that even the UN complained of.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2012/09/25/sandf-in-big-trouble
http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/Exam-cheat-is-training-army-20130407

i warned you south africans not to come here with your immature rants. didn't i?
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by longjon: 11:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
X
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 11:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
longjon: n

If I had knowledge ? You educated me ? Dude seriously , I thought you just finished NYSC.
Learn some respect , will ya .

you should have learned some too before calling me a liar. see where your brain has failed again undecided i finished NYSC February and am now working so i wonder why you would bring that up. since when is the year you finished NYSC a criteria for being knowledgeable?

and yes i just educated you. if you don't know the meaning of educate, go and use your dictionary since e don tey wey you finish service angry
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Kingsteve(m): 12:19am On Jul 13, 2013
chris365:

only an ignorant person will rate you high cos you have a defense industry that produces weapons for your incompetent army to pose with.

south africa d.estroyed its own military competence the day they integrated those guerrilla and unprofessional unteachable and unchangeable half-illiterate ANC freedom fighters into its army, navy, air force. those men are natural dullards you cannot upgrade their brains.

for south african military, the only thing left now is modern weapons and their photos, nice weapons in the hands of half brain soldiers.

south african military is NOT the same again as the apartheid era, it is living on past glory now. only ignorant people keep on rating them high.

this post above will hurt their ego and pride now....watch them foam in the mouth like a man with epilepsy....

and these are further proof of their incompetence and indiscipline that even the UN complained of.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2012/09/25/sandf-in-big-trouble
http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/Exam-cheat-is-training-army-20130407

i warned you south africans not to come here with your immature rants. didn't i?

Hey, don't digress from the topic!
I uploaded some of the South African Military hardware pics, cos some posters were banging on about the UNFAIR comparison, with the Military hardware of some 1st world countries, such as...USA and Russia, so I decided to come back home a bit, by comparing the Nigerian Military hardware, with the neighbouring South African one.
This topic is not about the strength of the Military personnel, rather, the strength of the Military hardware...these are two different things.
Let's face it guys, this whole blind patriotism wouldn't lead us anywhere.
Let's call a spade, a spade, and quit beating about the bush!
At the moment, judging by some of those pics posted, the Nigerian Military really have to upgrade their hardware, to be honest...it's quite pathetic to look at!
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 13, 2013
chris365:

and you think it's no longer in use? Guess again.

the argument u were making was that Dicon made it. i wasnt talking about if it is in use or not.

na wah for some people
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by longjon: 12:35am On Jul 13, 2013
X
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 13, 2013
longjon:

Stop the bullish.t He pointed out your lie where you responded to my question and said the Machine Gun was manufactured in Nigeria by DICON

dont mind him. he doesnt know the difference between a general purpose machine gun which are lighter ( dicon makes does) and a 50 cal machine gun which was in his picture. how the hell would Dicon get a license to make M2 guns??
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by binhozie(m): 1:49am On Jul 13, 2013
Whaaaaaaaat!!
So you mean we don't have anything long range we can launch? We never start be that
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 6:00am On Jul 13, 2013
Crassus:

the argument u were making was that Dicon made it. i wasnt talking about if it is in use or not.

na wah for some people

it's mormal that i make such mistake because DICON also make machine guns.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 13, 2013
chris365:

it's mormal that i make such mistake because DICON also make machine guns.

I agree.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 6:03am On Jul 13, 2013
Kingsteve:

Hey, don't digress from the topic!
I uploaded some of the South African Military hardware pics, cos some posters were banging on about the UNFAIR comparison, with the Military hardware of some 1st world countries, such as...USA and Russia, so I decided to come back home a bit, by comparing the Nigerian Military hardware, with the neighbouring South African one.
This topic is not about the strength of the Military personnel, rather, the strength of the Military hardware...these are two different things.
Let's face it guys, this whole blind patriotism wouldn't lead us anywhere.
Let's call a spade, a spade, and quit beating about the bush!
At the moment, judging by some of those pics posted, the Nigerian Military really have to upgrade their hardware, to be honest...it's quite pathetic to look at!

maybe you should have read what other south africans posted before bashing me. Cos to me that's comparing military might.

who told you Nigeria doesn't have sophisticated hardware? The only obsolete hardware there was the shilka anti aircraft weapon. Every other is still in use by every strong military in the world.
those are not tanks by the way, they are artillery guns that are still number one artillery choice even in US.

We have more than was displayed. Those that were displayed were recently upgraded and refurbished by the Nigerian army engineers.

So the event was to celebrate the engineers and show their achievements. If you saw the event live you would notice the award of innovations that were awarded to some soldiers.

Guy your army is still on point, just because they didn't display rockets and tanks doesn't mean they don't have them.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 6:05am On Jul 13, 2013
longjon: ^ ^ ^
That guy is simply pathetic

no mr man. It's your ignorance that is pathetic and you should be ashamed of yourself that you know way too little about your own country. Try someone else. Olodo
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by abujalapdog(m): 6:53am On Jul 13, 2013
Free Gej,he knows he is not going for war..
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by longjon: 7:19am On Jul 13, 2013
X
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Denn(m): 7:36am On Jul 13, 2013
TO ALL THE SOUTH AFRICAN HATERS ON THIS THREAD :

You are quick to forget in a hurry that this same Nigeria that you are also quick to scorn actually gave you the chance to have personal freedom to drive to your own Capetown and sun city without your 'masters' asking you for a pass or permit.

You might be too young to understand but you can ask your parents who were maids, and garden boys in their own country when every other person in the world was watching Micheal Jackson do the moonwalk.

Nigeria fought apartheid with its resources and armed the ANC with weapons. It is so ironic that some ungrateful little urchins from the same Zulu land would now come here to rant about how superior the racist war machine is or was.

You should be grateful south Africa is at the aass side of Africa. If you were close to 'antique' Nigeria, your 'masters' would have tasted the flavor of 'those antique bayonets'

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 7:55am On Jul 13, 2013
longjon:

Ok then. Mr. Know all. Why don't you 'educate ' me with some more lies and misinformation . Lmao.....

yeah.. Keep Laughing your a*s out till your brain is dead. As a man that is always ready to learn, i never denied my mistake and the person that corrected me also agreed that is normal since DICON also makes machine guns.
But that doesn't change other facts i put to you that Nigeria is becoming dependent on manufacturing and maintain it's hardware which i can list for your ignorant little brain.

Grow up old man and educate yourself.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 13, 2013
longjon:

So we should go to sleep because we have 'friendly' neighbors ? 10 years ago , we almost fought a war with Cameroon over Bakassi peninsula. Mind you , at that time, the Camerounian airforce had Mirage 2000 jets in its fleet while we could only boast of alpha jets. You can do a bit of research on the two
We don't need jets to fight them.. Lol lipsrsealed Boko haram alone will do the job
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by musiwa32: 9:15am On Jul 13, 2013
so
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2013
Nigerian army special forces amphibious brigade (notice the rifle).
Nigerian infantry man in mali

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 13, 2013
musiwa32: some of the tanks are made in nigeria. from looking at the design. there are some of them made in Nigeria. That is smart.
this cannot be the musiwa I know. No
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Ty207: 9:54am On Jul 13, 2013
All i can see is a scrap hardware used by the German doing world war 2 shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Zane2point4(m): 10:10am On Jul 13, 2013
patpeypey: I am always proud of our military when the come out for a parade and perform for civilians like us who often despise and criticize them yet they are willing to risk their lives for us and defend our great country. They might not have the best or latest weapons but they are one of the best military forces in Africa. We must understand that weapons are chosen for a country's military based on the terrain, suppply and economic factors. The AK 47 is indeed an old assault rifle but its strong and dependable ( jamming issues of M series) its however not as efficient as the other weapons available. The tanks are made in china but what do we all expect? China is one of the largest (5th in the world) exporters of arms currently and cheapest! How many african countries can boost of a better arsenal than us? Am sure very few if any! It's also important to note that not all the weapons in the nigerian military would be put on display especially important weapons for security reasons which I believe is a logical, thing to do! Anyway, I know people would still poke and poke, curse and curse but its a healthy debate after all dont you think so?

‎​ℓ̊ agree with u partially,but ‎​ℓ̊ don't think Nigeria milltery is equipped more than egypt atleast not now that the poses american built F-16 jet fighter that is capable of taking out russina built s-300 missiles.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Kingsteve(m): 10:27am On Jul 13, 2013
chris365:

maybe you should have read what other south africans posted before bashing me. Cos to me that's comparing military might.

who told you Nigeria doesn't have sophisticated hardware? The only obsolete hardware there was the shilka anti aircraft weapon. Every other is still in use by every strong military in the world.
those are not tanks by the way, they are artillery guns that are still number one artillery choice even in US.

We have more than was displayed. Those that were displayed were recently upgraded and refurbished by the Nigerian army engineers.

So the event was to celebrate the engineers and show their achievements. If you saw the event live you would notice the award of innovations that were awarded to some soldiers.

Guy your army is still on point, just because they didn't display rockets and tanks doesn't mean they don't have them.

Ok, I hope the Nigerian Military really have more than what was displayed.
This is Nigeria, we can definitely do better than what was displayed.
We ain't called the giants of Africa for nothing.
I hope that when next the military displays its hardware, they go all out to show some of the sophisticated ones, in order to put fear into any other African country that might be cooking up some mischief.

It would also be an opportunity to announce to the world that we are really capable.
Let's not assume for a split second, that because we have peaceful neighbours, they can't decide to do us harm...the world is a volatile place, nothing is safe.

Displaying sophisticated military hardware has its advantages, the main one being, to show Africa and the world, that Nigeria is capable...
It is like a psychological warfare, even though we are not at war with anyone.

Look at the North Koreans, do you think they don't know what they're doing by displaying such sophisticated and long range firepower?
It's all psychology...any country would have to think long and hard before attacking them, even the mighty USA.
That's what we call psychological warfare...
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 13, 2013
Okija_juju: Lol at military hardware... grin

All I see is one tank and many APCs..

These are what military hardware look like:

[img]http://img.rasset.ie/0005c78a-642.jpg[/img]

okija, u dey vex oo. See the truck in that last picture.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Malawian(m): 11:10am On Jul 13, 2013
Djtm:

War is won by strategy not by weapon sophistications. I'm not disputing the fact that they'll still kick our butts tho.
what are you talking about? one nuke, church agbasaa. !!! cool cool cool
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by seunny4lif(m): 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
jusRadical:

Why is AK47 the weapon of choice for your american mass murderers?
Help me ask dem ooh?
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by seunny4lif(m): 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
ARES: there are a lot of ignorant people on nairaland.... to make matters worse, they just dont shut their mouth up.... did i hear someone saying that AK 47 is crap?

i have seen M16 in action and i have seen AKs in action....the only disadvantage of AKs is that is is not as accurate as M16 or an M4 or Bushmaster ACR due to it recoil.... but apart from that, it is the perfect killing machine... it works in any weather condition....

do you know what snow or mud does to your firing pin?..... guys give kudos to your army.... they are all u've got. they americans or south koreans that you are worshiping are not the ones in blood and mud up north fighting and dying so you can have peace, it is still this same guys and their weapons...

come to think of it, do you know the grief 3 of those tanks with their 50 cal guns can do to a town?.... gentle men say what y'all know.....
Guy,God bless u...Dem be kids cos too much of hollywood movies dey worry dem...Am a living witness of war..Best gun na till Ak 47 4 any whether condition...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Okada Ban: Gokada, Max Riders, Others Protest In Lagos / Moment Peter Obi Arrived Lafia, Nasarawa For Labour Party Campaign Rally (Video) / PDP Governors Visit President Jonathan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.