Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 (42617 Views)

Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba / Jonathan At The Nigeria Army Day Celebration In Abuja / Nigerian Army Day Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by guttentag(m): 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2013
9ICE TOOLS

longjon: Vektor CR-21. Made in South Africa
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
guttentag: THIS MEANS [ WE RE READY ]
undecided
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by jpphilips(m): 4:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

A lot of people don't argue reasonably jare. How can they compare Naija to US and all, we're just developing nao. And I think naija's armory @ this level is quite impressive. If anything goes wrong in africa, naija can rule the whole africa put together.

Its a statement of fact that naija has one of the best military around the world (land soldiers)

We only have lesser force in AIR and SEA and those things are damn expensive. Why would we want to plunge all our resources into arms when we're not @ war.

Ask the german or american military, they respect the Nigerian army, they know wetin dem eyes see from those ecomog boyz in Liberia.

E just pain me say after all these display, boko still dey terrorize us.

you need help
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by jpphilips(m): 4:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
sobaemma: my son keep quiet,an idea of south africa miltary worldwide is u dont display ur heavy weapons otherwise world powers or neighbouring countries will take u to the un,do u think u.s will tell u how many nukes they ve??my uncle is a citizen in south africa and he is in the army there,so my son''coughs'just be a gud boy ok

how about your father? a smuggler in zimbabwe? lol.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
EFX001:

Gosh you are dumb! When was the bicycle invented How come it has not been changed! Cus its effective!!!!
Seriously are you from Gombe state? Which state are you from? I hear you guy enter school with 4 percent cut off mark.

Dont take me out of context . you need to read what lead to that post. smarty pants
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
EFX001: All you empty vessels just talk and talk and talk with nothing up stairs. I'm sure many of your guys used the 2 percent cut of mark for your education.
The weapon does not make the commando, its your training that makes you...The spetnaz and sas dont have all that shinny weapons but they get the job done either with a knife or with a stick. You guys think your enemy wll run because you have a shiny weapon?
Wow! Empty vessels make the most noise.

lol and sticks and knife.
here is the list of spetnaz weapons

http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/spetsnaz-weapons.asp

seems u are the empty vessel here because if it is just training like you said they wont have this much for weapons of choice,
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by playahP(m): 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
jusRadical:

Ha!ha!ha!ha!

Kid watches much of Ben 10. South Africa has atomic bombs. We are talking of banger knock-outs. Why is Nigerian military in the forefront of AU military missions. Why not your south africa. Infant!!!

U are ignorant!
South africa has 4 decommisioned nuclear war heads.
They were decomissioned after d nuclear warhead disarmament convention.
South africa has a small military force but trust me, they will wipe nigeria or any west african country within a week!!
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
playah P:

U are ignorant!
South africa has a small military force but trust me, they will wipe nigeria or any west african country within a week!!
Nigerian army roland missile defence system

so, where were you again?
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
playah P:

U are ignorant!
FYI: the 2013 Nigerian Army Day Celebration majorly displayed refurbished military hardwares by nigerian engineers and nigerian made apc igirigi.. if you want to see nigerian military hardwares..google is your friend

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2013/03/zsu-23-4-shilka-spaag.jpg?w=640&h=480[/img]
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2013
playah P:

U are ignorant!
You only had value when your dutch colonial masters invaded Africa and built a nuclear war head with the intention to destroy the black race.. That's the only reason you're rated 3rd on the continent.. you don't have shiit

South Africa praises Nigerian military for its apartheid-era help..
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23419:south-africa-praises-nigerian-military-for-its-apartheid-era-help&catid=56:diplomacy-a-peace&Itemid=111
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by elmajor(m): 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2013
ShyM-X:
The most basic anti-tank missiles will tear all these 2nd world war era tanks and APCs to shreds.

Only someone on a suicide mission will jump in these tanks in a war, to be honest.

This is pitiful - the Nigerian military is 10th rate. undecided
If it's 10th rate ('cuz it can't be 10th in Africa) in the world, does that put the Nigerian Military in a bad state? I sure hope u know it's in UN Secrurity Council.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 12, 2013
amx-30 - owned by nigerian army
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by elmajor(m): 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
playah P:

U are ignorant!
But little boys of 9-14yrs recruited by rebels in Congo killed at least 8 of their 'trained' officers and they had to abort their mission to intervene in the Congo crisis. It's not about having the equipment but how to wield it. I can bet my fortune NA is the best in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
Between 2001 and 2008, the Nigerian Armed Forces entered into contractual agreements and/or taken delivery of the following:

NINE Mi-34 helicopters
SIX Mi-35P gunships
Mi-24 gunships
FOUR Mi-17 utility choppers
SEVEN Agusta A109 Power helicopters
FOUR Agusta A139 helicopters
77 units of T-72 tanks
16 units of AMX-30 tanks
50 additional units of T-55 tanks
67 units of MT-LB APC/IFVs
193 units of Otokar Cobra APCs
47 units of BTR-3 APCs
18 units of BTR-70 APCs
6 units of BTR-60 APCs (probably complimentary hardware from Russia)
18 units of Panhard M3 APCs
70 additional units of 8X8 MOWAG APCs
18 additional units of Oto Melara 105 mm howitzers
23 additional units of Palmaria 155mm self-propelled howitzers
48 units of BOFORS Archer 155 mm gun-howitzers

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/nigeria/army.htm
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by 9jaCrusade: 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
ShyM-X:
The most basic anti-tank missiles will tear all these 2nd world war era tanks and APCs to shreds.

Only someone on a suicide mission will jump in these tanks in a war, to be honest.

This is pitiful - the Nigerian military is 10th rate. undecided

You no go kill me with laf o... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
sheyie2007: Between 2001 and 2008, the Nigerian Armed Forces entered into contractual agreements and/or taken delivery of the following:

NINE Mi-34 helicopters
SIX Mi-35P gunships
Mi-24 gunships
FOUR Mi-17 utility choppers
SEVEN Agusta A109 Power helicopters
FOUR Agusta A139 helicopters
77 units of T-72 tanks
16 units of AMX-30 tanks
50 additional units of T-55 tanks

67 units of MT-LB APC/IFVs
193 units of Otokar Cobra APCs
47 units of BTR-3 APCs
18 units of BTR-70 APCs
6 units of BTR-60 APCs (probably complimentary hardware from Russia)
18 units of Panhard M3 APCs
70 additional units of 8X8 MOWAG APCs
18 additional units of Oto Melara 105 mm howitzers
23 additional units of Palmaria 155mm self-propelled howitzers
48 units of BOFORS Archer 155 mm gun-howitzers

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/nigeria/army.htm

Outdated tanks. Most countries have it in their museums now

Thats A t-55 in a slovakia museum

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
Garri the 1st: Yoko yoko chin choi wai!!!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
haha ha ha ha fun ja lunlun wai
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by horpe132(m): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
Afro connect:
we must face reality and upgrade because other Nations have far better weapons.

Yes they have better & more upgraded Weapons.............Now the issue is What's do dey use doz weapons for ?..........If Nigeria should decide to get these so called Upgraded weapon......Who do we use dem against ,,"Boko haram ?............France.U.S.A...China etc can afford to get all dis weapons because 1...dier Economy cam absolve the buying or production...Cost of maintenance and upgrading too...........2...Dey av more "Red" threat level dan Nigeria........3...dey believe d@ d fear of dier Artillery is d begining of wisdom to any Nation......
Nau must we Copy Copy......The so called old school Artillery we have now,,,what ar we using dem for,,...Most of dem ar just for decoration & to shakara all doz small small country......e.g..ghana..gabbon..Mali..etc + boko haram................................My Experienced opinion tho

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
Crassus:

i didnt see the pictures you POATED earlier. and that Machine gun is not made by DICON. thats one BIG LIE!

Thats a world war one M2 Machine Gun.. MADE IN THE USA..

very old school gun used in fighting world war 2 as well

and you think it's no longer in use? Guess again.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Denn(m): 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
Crassus:

of course Slovakia would have samples of T-55 in their museums...same as we have biafra war relics and muritala mohammed's mercedes in some enclaves....

Slovakia fought a terrible war and that tank sure reminds them of how bad war can be...thats why it is in a museum.

a museum is not a junk yard where you dump useless items...A museum is an institution that cares for (conserves) a collection of artifacts and other objects of scientific, artistic, cultural, or historical importance and makes them available for public viewing through exhibits that may be permanent or temporary http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
Crassus:

what do you know? undecided
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by musiwa31: 7:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by thrugemaster(m): 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
ATLEAST, WE TRY FOR WEST AFRICA
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by thrugemaster(m): 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
My God This is garbage...even a 1980 M1 Abrams tank is much better than these garbage you call military hardware......what are

people in scuba gears gonna do? You should even be ashamed to show this crap as military hardware...please remove all

these pictures they are distasteful.....there are more like military crap ware....Nigeria should dismantle its military

and contract it's defense to the Chinese government. Those tanks look like tanks for the U.S civil war area...and there

were tanks in the civil war...SHAKING MY HEAD...and why in the world is the Nigeria military still using AK-47? that gone

is a piece of crap..so inaccurate...all these pictures makes me sick..

GUY, U GOT TO BE CONTENTED WITH WHAT YOU HAVE...................... NIGERIA IS NO AMERICA NON RUSSIA.................... THOUGH WE CAN STILL DO BETTER.......
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by thrugemaster(m): 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
musiwa31: why are you showing me. there is weapon in the south too.

you make me laugh, the north can not fight and win a war with us.

GUY PARK WELL JOOR
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by thrugemaster(m): 7:54pm On Jul 12, 2013
[quote author=Dprinzcolection]Nigerians are funny people. You see the way almost everyone is claiming these weapons are outdated. I bet if this government tries or attempts to equip our military with the latest military hardware's most of you will be the first to call for the presidents removal from office.

I know for a fact most people were against Obasanjo when he was building the Abuja stadium. They said most Nigerians need good roads and daily bread and not an expensive stadium

TRUE TALK
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by thrugemaster(m): 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
Okija_juju:

Are those silencers I see on their guns?

BAYONNETS
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Maidoki14(m): 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
I total agree wit u.most of amour tanks wia all painted.as if dey wia jst bought.dats naija for u
duni04: Most of the tanks were procured from second hand shops in downtown shanghai. How can u b even posing with scuba diving gear or parachute that some 16yr old's in some countries can use. Later they'll award 1 billion naira contract to buy 10 parachutes, height of stupidity
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by yormite: 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2013
We have the strongest military in Africa but that does nt make us strong
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by longjon: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
aninkri: When you acquire Military Hardware you have to look at the threat around you, our neighbours dont have the capacity to compete with us do you know how expensive these hardware are?North Korea that you are displaying their hardware have reasons for their acquisitions because of the threat around them.What would Nigeria do with do with F-16 jets destroyers and sophisticated hardware when some of the Countries in West Africa dont have navies or airforces,do you know that the Ghanaian armed forces(army,navy,airforce)have less than 15,000 personnel which is less than the size of the nigerian navy. North Korea with their love of war and military hardware can hardly feed themselves.

So we should go to sleep because we have 'friendly' neighbors ? 10 years ago , we almost fought a war with Cameroon over Bakassi peninsula. Mind you , at that time, the Camerounian airforce had Mirage 2000 jets in its fleet while we could only boast of alpha jets. You can do a bit of research on the two

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aregbesola & His Wife Bow For Alaafin Of Oyo At A Wedding In Lagos (Photos) / Okada Ban: Gokada, Max Riders, Others Protest In Lagos / I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.