Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 (42634 Views)

Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba / Jonathan At The Nigeria Army Day Celebration In Abuja / Nigerian Army Day Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by gbadexy(m): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2013
These equipments looks okay to ♍ƺ.
Its not as if we are in a volatile region with aggressive neighbors unlike egypt.
These equipments are hardly ever used and they are mostly for maintaining internal security.
I don't see cameroun as a threat and even if they want to go for external peace keeping then the UN should provide the necessary hardware and not at our expense.
I doubt if most people condemning these hardware know the details and their specifications. Even US still has ships and destroyers from the second world war era in their fleet in as much as it still serves its purpose.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 12, 2013
ogb5: a little of these we were able to force Boko haram to start begging for peace. That's all that matter now.

We are not planning to invade the US so why spend so much money on modern day war machines when a lot of people are jobless and civil infrastructures are in shambles.

Fix the economy first, military hardware can come later

Don't mind them. Our hardwares are to solve our problems and not americans problems. We used ours to subdue boko haram. America needs long range missiles and drones because most of their percieved enemies are far from them and are also of great strenght.

What do we need missiles, atomic bombs and drones for? Are the Russian, Chineese, Americans, Iraqis, British, Israelis, French, etc our enemies? Are planning to go rogue.

Our hardware can handle our african subregion and solve our poblems like boko haram and militancy period!

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Kingsteve(m): 10:25am On Jul 12, 2013
Denn: who on earth mocks his parents for having bald hair or wrinkles on their faces?

it is only in this our country that people dont value what they have...they prefer to associate with what others own.

Americans still value their fords, corvettes, buicks, GMC, etc despite the existence of better brands

the koreans prefer their samsungs and hyundais and dont denigrate developments in their habitats

we might not have the best hardware, we should however encourage these guys that actually ensure our country is still a bit safe...

Nigeria is our country.....its ours

You're missing the point... without constructive criticism, stagnation becomes prevalent in the country or any society.
You talked about the Americans and Koreans being proud of their products...tell me, who wouldn't be proud of such high tech engineering...wouldn't you?
I know they all started from the scratch to get to the level they are at the moment, but guess what?
It was through more hard work, creativity, team work, and above all...constructive criticism and feedback, that they were able to move forward in all works of life.
Nigeria should do the same, by embracing such mentality and attitude.
Until the mentality is changed, our products would continue to be mediocre at best.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by 25Calibre(m): 10:25am On Jul 12, 2013
jusRadical:

Bushman. AK47 is still one of the most dependable assault rifles in the world today. Be displaying your ignorance. Just google

You are the one displaying ignorance. There are loads more modern assault riffles out there with better range, accuracy, velocity.

Look at other special forces. Ak-47 is just a rebel gun today.

Saying that a 1950s gun is still fit for purpose in modern combat, is plain ignorant
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 12, 2013
25Calibre:

You are the one displaying ignorance. There are loads more modern assault riffles out there with better range, accuracy, velocity.

Saying that a 1950s gun is still fit for purpose in modern combat, is plain ignorant

dont mind the slowpoke

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA046961

I just gave him a link that shows the real report of a test result between Ak47 M14 and AR 15

he is dull

Ak 47 that cant penetrate vest and helmets like M14
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 12, 2013
amiskurie: .
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 10:29am On Jul 12, 2013
'
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 10:29am On Jul 12, 2013
25Calibre: GEJ should stop embarrassement and please send those antiquated weapons to the museum of antiquities.

Its shameful that a country as big as Nigeria has these WW2 relics as modern day military hardware, c'mon even a home made RPG would cause serious damage to these things

aside from the 4th and 6th picture that is outdated, which other weapon there is? is there any tank in display? do you even know what artillery gun is? you and all these ignorant Hollywood wannabe people should just shut up if you have no idea what the event represents.

it's an event to celebrate NA engineers cos all the equipments were refurbished, modernized and the 7th pic is the igirigi APC that was built by the Nigerian army engineers. it was not an event to showcase all their equipments dummy.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by iamdsam: 10:30am On Jul 12, 2013
I see niggas who don't know a thing about the military and that of Nigeria to be specific talking trash here. And back to the pictures of our military hardwares which aren't really military hardwares but military softwares. This is one main reason why they can't defeat the Boko Haram insurgents. You don't use low grade weapons like that to combact insurgents that are well armed with sophisticated weapons that are ever ready for a gorilla warfare in this 21 century. They're celebrating their future suicide mission. I rest my case
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Capnd143(m): 10:35am On Jul 12, 2013
Some nairalanders are so mischievous. The weapons in display are thore that are stored at the abuja military armoury alone. Most of the weapons are based in the north-east and the West. For the records these are made in Nigeria rockets and rocket pods
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/07/rocket.jpg?w=590[/img][img]http://beegeagle.files./2013/07/naf-rocketpods1.jpg?w=584[/img]
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 12, 2013
its even unacceptable for regular army to carry Ak 47 not to talk of special forces.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by CHIDONE: 10:37am On Jul 12, 2013
duni04: Most of the tanks were procured from second hand shops in downtown shanghai. How can u b even posing with scuba diving gear or parachute that some 16yr old's in some countries can use. Later they'll award 1 billion naira contract to buy 10 parachutes, height of stupidity

BAD BELLE

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Ideasroole: 10:37am On Jul 12, 2013
musiwa31: why are you showing me. there is weapon in the south too.

you make me laugh, the north can not fight and win a war with us.
Off-point! undecided
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 10:37am On Jul 12, 2013
25Calibre:

well, if you must know. only the NA special forces still use AK47 rifle. the NN special forces and air force rapid response team use Tevor rifle. DICON is currently working to have their own modernized version of the AK for NA.
please before you criticize, get proper info so you'll be taken seriously.

the guy is right about AK still being rated high. i saw a video on BBC of some US special forces in Afghanistan complaining of their M16 always jamming during rapid fire while the Taliban were still shoot rapidly at them with the AK.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Capnd143(m): 10:40am On Jul 12, 2013
25Calibre:

for the record nigerian airforce paratroopers/ special forces use tavor 21 [img]http://beegeagle.files./2013/03/116.jpg[/img]
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 12, 2013
iamdsam: I see niggas who don't know a thing about the military and that of Nigeria to be specific talking trash here. And back to the pictures of our military hardwares which aren't really military hardwares but military softwares. This is one main reason why they can't defeat the Boko Haram insurgents. You don't use low grade weapons like that to combact insurgents that are well armed with sophisticated weapons that are ever ready for a gorilla warfare in this 21 century. They're celebrating their future suicide mission. I rest my case

And your America has won the war in Afghanistan and also iraq? They are also brave to engage iran and north korea?
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 12, 2013
Capnd143: for the record nigerian airforce paratroopers/ special forces use tavor 21 [img]http://beegeagle.files./2013/03/116.jpg[/img]
\

Thats a much better weapon
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 12, 2013
there are a lot of ignorant people on nairaland.... to make matters worse, they just dont shut their mouth up.... did i hear someone saying that AK 47 is crap?

i have seen M16 in action and i have seen AKs in action....the only disadvantage of AKs is that is is not as accurate as M16 or an M4 or Bushmaster ACR due to it recoil.... but apart from that, it is the perfect killing machine... it works in any weather condition....

do you know what snow or mud does to your firing pin?..... guys give kudos to your army.... they are all u've got. they americans or south koreans that you are worshiping are not the ones in blood and mud up north fighting and dying so you can have peace, it is still this same guys and their weapons...

come to think of it, do you know the grief 3 of those tanks with their 50 cal guns can do to a town?.... gentle men say what y'all know.....

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2013
Crassus:

I really dont have time for Dunce like you.

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA046961

that is a link that has the real test result between Ak47 M14 and AR-15
MUMU!

Why is AK47 the weapon of choice for your american mass murderers?
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 10:45am On Jul 12, 2013
iamdsam: I see niggas who don't know a thing about the military and that of Nigeria to be specific talking trash here. And back to the pictures of our military hardwares which aren't really military hardwares but military softwares. This is one main reason why they can't defeat the Boko Haram insurgents. You don't use low grade weapons like that to combact insurgents that are well armed with sophisticated weapons that are ever ready for a gorilla warfare in this 21 century. They're celebrating their future suicide mission. I rest my case

grin grin grin grin grin
funny how the bolder sound as if you are referring to yourself grin. if you really know about military, you would know that no tank was displayed. those are artillery guns and APCs. how the hell can you use artillery guns to fight insurgency in a well populated area. you are ignorant abeg.
why don't you go and ask better equipped countries like Russia, Turkey, India, Indonesia, Philippine how easy it is to counter insurgency. or why British military with it's might could not destroy IRA but had to beg them to the negotiating table.

you are ignorant abeg grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by 25Calibre(m): 10:45am On Jul 12, 2013
chris365:

well, if you must know. only the NA special forces still use AK47 rifle. the NN special forces and air force rapid response team use Tevor rifle. DICON is currently working to have their own modernized version of the AK for NA.
please before you criticize, get proper info so you'll be taken seriously.

the guy is right about AK still being rated high. i saw a video on BBC of some US special forces in Afghanistan complaining of their M16 always jamming during rapid fire while the Taliban were still shoot rapidly at the with the AK.

Did you even read and understand my comment properly? Where did I say other special forces use AK-47s?

I said look at other special forces, observe what they use and then compare it to Nigeria

Always look before you leap
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by nikaShow(m): 10:46am On Jul 12, 2013
All of You that are yabbing and degrading this 'hardwares'.
R Ʊ a weapons expert ? or some kinda military gadgets techincians ?
Out of your eagerness to degrade your own and your lack of belief in your country , you just come to forum and yab on as if you are some kinda expert on d topic.
Do Ʊ think they'd bring their greatest arsenal and put it on display ? Have any of you seen this 'special forces' in operation before ? Or heard they failed in an assignment ?
Pls, give 'the hate' a break !
Our military is not so higly rated for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:48am On Jul 12, 2013
jusRadical:

Don't mind them. Nigerian military is still among the best, if not the best, in africa.

A lot of people don't argue reasonably jare. How can they compare Naija to US and all, we're just developing nao. And I think naija's armory @ this level is quite impressive. If anything goes wrong in africa, naija can rule the whole africa put together.

Its a statement of fact that naija has one of the best military around the world (land soldiers)

We only have lesser force in AIR and SEA and those things are damn expensive. Why would we want to plunge all our resources into arms when we're not @ war.

Ask the german or american military, they respect the Nigerian army, they know wetin dem eyes see from those ecomog boyz in Liberia.

E just pain me say after all these display, boko still dey terrorize us.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by CHIDONE: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2013
gbadexy: These equipment looks okay to ♍ƺ.
Its not as if we are in a volatile region with aggressive neighbors unlike egypt.
These equipments are hardly ever used and they are mostly for maintaining internal security.
I don't see cameroun as a threat and even if they want to go for external peace keaping then the UN should provide the necessary hardware and not at our expense.
I doubt if most people condemning these hardware know the details and specification of them. Even US still has ships and destroyers from the second world war era in their fleet in as much as it still serves its purpose.

well spoken...We dont have any threat from any neighbouring country,be it benin chad or whatever.however we are not competing with USA or ISRAEL.As such the equipt are standard based on these continent which has manifested in all succesfull peace keeping in africa. God bless Nigerian ARMY
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 12, 2013
jusRadical:

Why is AK47 the weapon of choice for your american mass murderers?

seems u are slower than i thought. read the damn study.
Bye!
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by sobaemma(m): 10:53am On Jul 12, 2013
jusRadical:

Ha!ha!ha!ha!

Kid watches much of Ben 10. South Africa has atomic bombs. We are talking of banger knock-outs. Why is Nigerian military in the forefront of AU military missions. Why not your south africa. Infant!!!
my son keep quiet,an idea of south africa miltary worldwide is u dont display ur heavy weapons otherwise world powers or neighbouring countries will take u to the un,do u think u.s will tell u how many nukes they ve??my uncle is a citizen in south africa and he is in the army there,so my son''coughs'just be a gud boy ok
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 12, 2013
25Calibre:

Did you even read and understand my comment properly? Where did I say other special forces use AK-47s?

I said look at other special forces, observe what they use and then compare it to Nigeria

Thanks for telling them the truth. They don't understand english lnguage. I said that AK47 is one of the most dependable/reliable assult rifle.

They should go to

answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091224151402AAN6YEN

AK47 does not jam like m16. It is just because the m this and m that are amerian made guns.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 10:56am On Jul 12, 2013
25Calibre:

can you be more specific cos you sound incoherent here. are you talking in terms of gear or just the gun?
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by lacasa: 11:02am On Jul 12, 2013
Lolls @ special forces with outdated AK's.

Lwkmgringringrin
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 12, 2013
Crassus:

seems u are slower than i thought. read the damn study.
Bye!

Grandpa because of your age, you find it difficult to make comparism.
There are different guns for different ocassions. M14 is a long range rifle while AK47 is midrange rifle. AK47 is more reliable and easier to assemble and use. M14 is an american gun so americans will also rate it very high but AK is not an american gun.

If AK47 is not reliable, why are people still using it today, despite the fact that it is older than M14.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by saviola77(m): 11:04am On Jul 12, 2013
Oh...*faceplam* why Ak47s?
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by patpeypey: 11:04am On Jul 12, 2013
I am always proud of our military when the come out for a parade and perform for civilians like us who often despise and criticize them yet they are willing to risk their lives for us and defend our great country. They might not have the best or latest weapons but they are one of the best military forces in Africa. We must understand that weapons are chosen for a country's military based on the terrain, suppply and economic factors. The AK 47 is indeed an old assault rifle but its strong and dependable ( jamming issues of M series) its however not as efficient as the other weapons available. The tanks are made in china but what do we all expect? China is one of the largest (5th in the world) exporters of arms currently and cheapest! How many african countries can boost of a better arsenal than us? Am sure very few if any! It's also important to note that not all the weapons in the nigerian military would be put on display especially important weapons for security reasons which I believe is a logical, thing to do! Anyway, I know people would still poke and poke, curse and curse but its a healthy debate after all dont you think so?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kwankwaso's Brothers House Searched By Police: Ex Governor Cries Out / Pantami Can No Longer Enter UK, USA, EUROPE - Deji Adeyanju / Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.