Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 (42610 Views)

Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba / Jonathan At The Nigeria Army Day Celebration In Abuja / Nigerian Army Day Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by rawtruth(m): 2:10pm On Jul 12, 2013
Why don't we appreciate and encourage our own? We know that our military is not yet world-standard in terms of equipments, so the idea of posting pictures of military hardware of developed nations to compare with ours is needless. Meanwhile, I hail our military...pity boko haram for daring to confront them.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
chris365:

am not referring to the vehicles dummy tongue, am referring to the pictures of soldiers i poated. everything in the pictures are made in nigeria by DICON.

i didnt see the pictures you POATED earlier. and that Machine gun is not made by DICON. thats one BIG LIE!

Thats a world war one M2 Machine Gun.. MADE IN THE USA..

very old school gun used in fighting world war 2 as well

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by zyzzx: 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
Were these military relics/antiques bought from museums of the first world war ? These are more like gadgets for desert warfare ! Just saying
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by smoothlips(m): 2:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
Okija_juju: Lol at military hardware... grin

All I see is one tank and many APCs..

These are what military hardware look like:

now that's the definiton of military hardware

[img]http://img.rasset.ie/0005c78a-642.jpg[/img]

Military hardware
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Afroconnect: 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
Defence ministry/Mr President upgrade our fleet,every year billions and trillions are appropriated for military hardware-use your brains,do not steal money for military equipments,you will be putting the lives of your children and family members at risk.
Nigeria have so many international Islamists as enemies,as well as internal security threats.we need to upgrade our military equipment-see what qatar,Saudi Arabia and co(fellow oil rich Nations) has?,we are a rich Nation.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by PosCaricature: 2:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
[quote author[/b] [/quote]... And you are indeed sick.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Afroconnect: 2:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
rawtruth: Why don't we appreciate and encourage our own? We know that our military is not yet world-standard in terms of equipments, so the idea of posting pictures of military hardware of developed nations to compare with ours is needless. Meanwhile, I hail our military...pity boko haram for daring to confront them.
we must face reality and upgrade because other Nations have far better weapons.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:48pm On Jul 12, 2013
Denn:

No pun intended but I think you need to first win a war against your English blunders....

You call the whole Igbo nation just a tribe Serious? What is the definition of a nation?

You are ready to pick a civil war that happened over half a century ago as a yardstick, yet you are quick to waive off ECOMOG exploits of these guys in a whiff. Do you think a war is just about total extermination of the opposition? Have you heard of ‘war crimes’ before? Do you know what it means? Do you know there are rules of engagement that apply in crisis resolution? Have you heard about the Geneva Convention?

Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Mali, Sudan all have one thing in common when it comes to military intervention….and it is always kudos to our combatant men.

No mind this pikin jur, some haven't even seen a gun in reality; all those movies and play station games don twist them.

If I am sure of one thing, it is that:

1. Naija has very tight intel... Don't ask me how
2. Naija has a well equipped, sophisticated, and efficient army (land) and weaponry
3. Naija has well trained air force men who fly some of the trendiest and sophisticated aircrafts and they are respected around the world (ask the american airforce that was present in Liberia); problem however is that those aircrafts are too expensive, we only have what we can afford and can still cause damage with it
4. Dunno much about the navy, but I'm sure we ain't got warships and tanks
5. Whatever naija has, they can us it well...

And if you like carry yourself go stand for front of soldier carrying AK-47, u will know he knows how to use it well.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 12, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

No mind this pikin jur, some haven't even seen a gun in reality; all those movies and play station games don twist them.

If I am sure of one thing, it is that:

1. Naija has very tight intel... Don't ask me how
2. Naija has a well equipped, sophisticated, and efficient army (land) and weaponry
3. Naija has well trained air force men who fly some of the trendiest and sophisticated aircrafts and they are respected around the world (ask the american airforce that was present in Liberia); problem however is that those aircrafts are too expensive, we only have what we can afford and can still cause damage with it
4. Dunno much about the navy, but I'm sure we ain't got warships and tanks
5. Whatever naija has, they can us it well...

And if you like carry yourself go stand for front of soldier carrying AK-47, u will know he knows how to use it well.

Keep deluding yourself.. compare a full kitted Nigerian solider to a swat police.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Arctic(m): 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
On the world Military rankins Nigeria is rated 36th in the world.

See the list here:

http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=Nigeria

Thanks

Arctic
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by sandysprax(m): 2:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
No matter how much we think we know about these things, I don't think any civilian knows better than our defense chiefs who have several years of experience and have been on countless training programs within and outside the country.

I'm sure they know about these latest hardware and their capabilities cos that's pretty much what they've been doing for donkey years innit? Personally tho, I think the problem lies with the cost of these arms, technical know-how, maintenance amongst other factors. Y'all should watch "COMBAT COUNTDOWN" or "FUTURE WEAPONS" on National Geographic Channel & see if Nigeria will not go broke buying any of those weapons featured. The Euro fighter Typhoon for instance is about GBP125 Million. M1 Abrams Tank is about US$8.58 Million. AH-64 Apache Gunship = US$20 Million. F-117 Nighthawk = US$42.6 Million. Now, how much is the 2013 budget again? sad

I seriously doubt that our Navy can effectively maintain the USS Nimitz CVN-68 aircraft carrier (Unit Price = US$4.5 Billion and runs on nuclear energy) if it was to be given to them now.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by HezronLorraine(m): 2:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
Ehehehe.ignorance is a terrible disease that spreads like cancer.
If you guys really want to see the full and real nigerian armoury,pack ur bags,buy a ticket to abuja.go to DHQ.lay down your petition.
If they possibly show you around the nations military fleetand they allow you leave in peace.please 3rd mainland is to far,just lie down flat on Kubwa expressway.then tell whoever u meet upstairs!chai dose boys are loaded.
I dey laugh oh.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by aninkri(m): 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
Okija_juju: Lol at military hardware... grin

All I see is one tank and many APCs..

These are what military hardware look like:

[img]http://img.rasset.ie/0005c78a-642.jpg[/img]

When you acquire Military Hardware you have to look at the threat around you, our neighbours dont have the capacity to compete with us do you know how expensive these hardware are?North Korea that you are displaying their hardware have reasons for their acquisitions because of the threat around them.What would Nigeria do with do with F-16 jets destroyers and sophisticated hardware when some of the Countries in West Africa dont have navies or airforces,do you know that the Ghanaian armed forces(army,navy,airforce)have less than 15,000 personnel which is less than the size of the nigerian navy. North Korea with their love of war and military hardware can hardly feed themselves.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
Afro connect: Defence ministry/Mr President upgrade our fleet,every year billions and trillions are appropriated for military hardware-use your brains,do not steal money for military equipments,you will be putting the lives of your children and family members at risk.
Nigeria have so many international Islamists as enemies,as well as internal security threats.we need to upgrade our military equipment-see what qatar,Saudi Arabia and co(fellow oil rich Nations) has?,we are a rich Nation.

Upgrade to what to fight islamists like boko haram or NIger Delta militants? May be we buy patriot and scub missiles, drones, atomic bombs, etc. May be you use gun to kill mosquito in your place.

Has America with all her sophisticated military hard and soft wares won the war in afghanistan and iraq?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by aninkri(m): 3:13pm On Jul 12, 2013
[quote author=Mr knowitall.]My God This is garbage...even a 1980 M1 Abrams tank is much better than these garbage you call military hardware......what are

people in scuba gears gonna do? You should even be ashamed to show this crap as military hardware...please remove all

these pictures they are distasteful.....there are more like military crap ware....Nigeria should dismantle its military

and contract it's defense to the Chinese government. Those tanks look like tanks for the U.S civil war area...and there

were tanks in the civil war...SHAKING MY HEAD...and why in the world is the Nigeria military still using AK-47? that gone

is a piece of crap..so inaccurate...all these pictures makes me sick..
[/quote For your information there were no Tanks during the American civil war which took place in the 1860s the AK47 you are condemning is the most reliable Assault rifle in history and are assembled locally in DIC Kaduna please when you post get your facts right
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nigeria's military is an overrated and useless entity! We SAns train their lots..hahahaha
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
Afro connect:
we must face reality and upgrade because other Nations have far better weapons.

Please name the nations along side their percieved direct or indirect enemies.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2013
aninkri: When you acquire Military Hardware you have to look at the threat around you, our neighbours dont have the capacity to compete with us do you know how expensive these hardware are?North Korea that you are displaying their hardware have reasons for their acquisitions because of the threat around them.What would Nigeria do with do with F-16 jets destroyers and sophisticated hardware when some of the Countries in West Africa dont have navies or airforces,do you know that the Ghanaian armed forces(army,navy,airforce)have less than 15,000 personnel which is less than the size of the nigerian navy. North Korea with their love of war and military hardware can hardly feed themselves.

Ask them.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by jpphilips(m): 3:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
sobaemma: are these weapons?chai,pls let me dont go far to countries,pls just type on google,south african arms forces then u will see where technology is advanced,i do say world ve pass the levels of ground war,apcs,tanks,and other rubbish nija has as weapon,cus,just one atomic bomb from air,ur barracks,apc,tanks,armies are gone,can nigeria boost of an atomic bomb as a militarywhile south africa have millions in store,even about to produce nuclear weapon but were stop by the u.s,9ja advance abeg

you need education
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by jpphilips(m): 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
vislabraye: A lot of people criticising have not seen these harware in action. We still have the best infantry in Africa and one of the best in de world.

you need jesus
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by jpphilips(m): 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
jusRadical:

Don't mind them. Nigerian military is still among the best, if not the best, in africa.

wasted school fees
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Kingsteve(m): 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
South African military hardware, compare and contrast!
That is all...

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by jpphilips(m): 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
Crassus:

I really dont have time for Dunce like you.

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA046961

that is a link that has the real test result between Ak47 M14 and AR-15
MUMU!

you called him dunce and mumu, yet you pulled out your evidence from dec.20, 1962.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by EFX001: 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
Crassus:

you really get time responding to this people.

Special forces armed with AK lol

Guns dont make a commando. Your training makes you a killing machine.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by EFX001: 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
Kingsteve: South African military hardware, compare and contrast!
That is all...

Good hardware. But how many ops have they won since the 80's ?? Hardware dont make an army guts do. Remember the arab isreali war. The arabs lost with all their high and shinny weapons. Figures!
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2013
jp philips:

you called him dunce and mumu, yet you pulled out your evidence from dec.20, 1962.

Lol another dunce ak 47 and the m series isn't new. The test was done when they were manufactured. Were u hoping to see a 2013 test for guns made in the 60s?
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by jibsai(m): 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
iterator24: Nigeria's military is an overrated and useless entity! We SAns train their lots..hahahaha

May the gods slap u left/right b4 punching ur disgusting mouth///South africa my foot...where is S/A army during apartheid? Same army killed lik rams in C.A.R...if theyt born ur army well mak dem challenge my armY...if we won't sink south africa into d ocean dey stand on

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by EFX001: 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
All you empty vessels just talk and talk and talk with nothing up stairs. I'm sure many of your guys used the 2 percent cut of mark for your education.
The weapon does not make the commando, its your training that makes you...The spetnaz and sas dont have all that shinny weapons but they get the job done either with a knife or with a stick. You guys think your enemy wll run because you have a shiny weapon?
Wow! Empty vessels make the most noise.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by guttentag(m): 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2013
THIS MEANS [ WE RE READY ]
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by sobaemma(m): 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
EFX001: All you empty vessels just talk and talk and talk with nothing up stairs. I'm sure many of your guys used the 2 percent cut of mark for your education.
The weapon does not make the commando, its your training that makes you...The spetnaz and sas dont have all that shinny weapons but they get the job done either with a knife or with a stick. You guys think your enemy wll run because you have a shiny weapon?
Wow! Empty vessels make the most noise.
**yawns*have u finished ur self claimed mature while immature blahand who told u that people here are jambites??or do u think 2ru ur anus?get a job fela,next person pls,
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by EFX001: 4:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
Crassus:

i didnt see the pictures you POATED earlier. and that Machine gun is not made by DICON. thats one BIG LIE!

Thats a world war one M2 Machine Gun.. MADE IN THE USA..

very old school gun used in fighting world war 2 as well

Gosh you are dumb! When was the bicycle invented How come it has not been changed! Cus its effective!!!!
Seriously are you from Gombe state? Which state are you from? I hear you guy enter school with 4 percent cut off mark.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
jibsai:

May the gods slap u left/right b4 punching ur disgusting mouth///South africa my foot...where is S/A army during apartheid? Same army killed lik rams in C.A.R...if theyt born ur army well mak dem challenge my armY...if we won't sink south africa into d ocean dey stand on
what do you have? Those are tanks up there provided for you not the soda cans and broom sticks you're rolling out lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jonathan And Buhari Meet Privately In Aso Rock / Some Facts About Abuja National Mosque Everyone Should Know (Photos) / Moment Peter Obi Arrived Lafia, Nasarawa For Labour Party Campaign Rally (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.