Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (521983 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jsonshain: 4:04am On Oct 13, 2018
Thanks for this forum.
Please I'll like to find out whether Honda City has the legs issue that accompanies most Honda cars. I want to pick a Naija used one and it will be my first car.

Please advise.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 6:35am On Oct 13, 2018
jsonshain:
Thanks for this forum.
Please I'll like to find out whether Honda City has the legs issue that accompanies most Honda cars. I want to pick a Naija used one and it will be my first car.

Please advise.

No it doesn't have that issue. The city comes mostly with CVT not automatic so ensure you change fluid as recommended by manufacturer and replacement fluid should be honda recommended CVT not Honda recommended ATF.

ATF is different from CVT fluid

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by generalfag: 6:18am On Oct 14, 2018
henrygale:

Yeah, already planning to change the engine coz all the ways employed to salvage the engine failed.
Thanks still for your response.

Sorry bro, what really is the issue? Am highly suspicious of a cracked top cylinder or engine block.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by generalfag: 6:22am On Oct 14, 2018
jsonshain:
Thanks for this forum.

Please advise.

City and Odyssey dont have leg issues but that doesnt mean u shouldnt check their legs at 4-6months intervals depending on the road you ply.

Buying naija used car as first car is a tough call. Make sure u over check any car u want to buy, so u wont end up regreting your choice and then hating hondas.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by generalfag: 6:27am On Oct 14, 2018
chimoskyg:
Have been thinking of getting myself a Mercedes-Benz matic recently come next year, but was told it normally develop shock problem and replacing it cost a lot too.
Since hearing that, I have started looking out for 407 Peugeot. Never had any experience with cars before. I just need kin advices which will be best.
As a young hustler too I think Benz won’t be suitable because I jst finished service last year n single too.

Is 407 a good ride?

Whats Your budget
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by henrygale(m): 9:24am On Oct 14, 2018
generalfag:

Sorry bro, what really is the issue? Am highly suspicious of a cracked top cylinder or engine block.
All started sometimes ago when my wife who uses the car mostly didn't know the engine oil was due for change, drove it for a long time without changing the oil den it knocked. They fixed the engine, and it started overheating when going uphill. I changed the cylinders which they claimed was the problem then, but it continued. They changed gasket like twice, with same result .
Latest now was the loud banging sound from the engine which they said was the crankshaft. I changed crankshaft but the engine wouldn't still work normally, and was pushing out water from the radiator once the engine starts.
So, was told it's gasket issue wch dey changed but problem persists.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dru23(m): 10:19am On Oct 14, 2018
generalfag:

Whats Your budget

How far bro... am out of the country, I don't have access to email now
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by johndill419: 2:51pm On Oct 14, 2018
Recently, I brought a car from another country, and to my surprise at the customs, I had difficulties with drawing up documentation. I thought that was all much easier, but I could not fill out the documents. When I already thought that I couldn’t bring it into my country, my friends advised to contact https://clearitusa.com/, with filling out the documents. And you know in 2 days everything was done and now I drive my car. Has anyone else encountered such problems?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by generalfag: 7:40pm On Oct 14, 2018
henrygale:

All started sometimes ago when my wife who uses the car mostly didn't know the engine oil was due for change, drove it for a long time without changing the oil den it knocked. They fixed the engine, and it started overheating when going uphill. I changed the cylinders which they claimed was the problem then, but it continued. They changed gasket like twice, with same result .
Latest now was the loud banging sound from the engine which they said was the crankshaft. I changed crankshaft but the engine wouldn't still work normally, and was pushing out water from the radiator once the engine starts.
So, was told it's gasket issue wch dey changed but problem persists.

There is a crack somewhere they havent discovered. Sorry bro, just change the engine.

Pls when next you give any lady a car, do the servicing yourself, dont leave it to them. Just very few of them can meet up with periodic maintenance.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by generalfag: 7:41pm On Oct 14, 2018
dru23:

How far bro... am out of the country, I don't have access to email now

How do we talk then sir?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dru23(m): 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2018
generalfag:

How do we talk then sir?

Send me your number and I will call u rite away
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dru23(m): 8:21pm On Oct 14, 2018
generalfag:

There is a crack somewhere they havent discovered. Sorry bro, just change the engine.

Pls when next you give any lady a car, do the servicing yourself, dont leave it to them. Just very few of them can meet up with periodic maintenance.

I just put my wife's car together... I changed the brakes, oil change extended performance Mobil 1, the coolant is still OK in the car ...I made sure those basic things that might coz big issues are fix.. She does not have to worry about oil change and coolant for at least a six months.. Also I had the alternator belt changed..keep in mind the car is tokunbo..
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chimoskyg(m): 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
generalfag:

Whats Your budget

From 1 to 1.5 m
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by generalfag: 6:12am On Oct 15, 2018
dru23:

Send me your number and I will call u rite away

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by generalfag: 6:12am On Oct 15, 2018
dru23:

I just put my wife's car together... I changed the brakes, oil change extended performance Mobil 1, the coolant is still OK in the car ...I made sure those basic things that might coz big issues are fix.. She does not have to worry about oil change and coolant for at least a six months.. Also I had the alternator belt changed..keep in mind the car is tokunbo..

Best thing to do.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by generalfag: 6:15am On Oct 15, 2018
chimoskyg:

From 1 to 1.5 m

With that budget u can get a tokunbo toyota camry. Dont buy a naija used since its your first car. Unless u can find a very good deal.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dru23(m): 6:53am On Oct 15, 2018
generalfag:

I just called your number.. I will try again
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by samplanner(m): 8:40am On Oct 15, 2018
Good morning humble peeps, please how much can one get a clean Toyota RAV4 SUV, plus how good is that car in terms of fuel economy, the legs, and maintenance cost. I kinda love that car, please help me with vital information. Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Scopeman1: 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2018
why do you need to be looking for a battery charger or another to start your car? just take the #carjumperstarter and #jumpstart your car with no assistant. with CBC car jump starter no worry about car break down again. Contact 07031381083 for your order now @affordabble price. #carjumper #security #jumpstarter #vehicles #cars #battery #roads #cbcemea #technology #innovative

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Lordcrixus: 2:26pm On Oct 15, 2018
[quote author=Cosplay post=71973006][/quote]

Thanks bro
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by EmpireGroup(m): 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2018
Are you a car dealer?
Need a distress car to buy?
Need a distress car to sell?

Contact me now!

Meet Dealers in Lagos, Osun, Ibadan., Abuja, Canada.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 7:45pm On Oct 15, 2018
chimoskyg:

From 1 to 1.5 m
I Am A Car Dealer Sir
Whenever you are ready, contact me and I'll hook you up
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 7:51pm On Oct 15, 2018
samplanner:
Good morning humble peeps, please how much can one get a clean Toyota RAV4 SUV, plus how good is that car in terms of fuel economy, the legs, and maintenance cost. I kinda love that car, please help me with vital information. Thanks.
Good evening Sir
What year do you want. I am a Clearing And Forwarding Agent At Tin Can Port Island Apapa And A Car Dealer Apapa Berger
Contact Me
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Successisaac19: 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2018
I want to take a car on hire purchase. Dodge grand caravan 2003, what is your advice please
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chimoskyg(m): 9:54pm On Oct 15, 2018
generalfag:

With that budget u can get a tokunbo toyota camry. Dont buy a naija used since its your first car. Unless u can find a very good deal.

Thanks Appreciate
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 10:10pm On Oct 15, 2018
atelysir:
I Am A Car Dealer Sir
Whenever you are ready, contact me and I'll hook you up

don't use it for public transport. engine not the best mpg in its class, also parts are too pricy when they breakdown, not a vehicle any mechanic should put hand could do more damage.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Bettycars(m): 10:40pm On Oct 15, 2018
chimoskyg:

From 1 to 1.5 m
Hi, I have good used European cars for sale.
Contact me on 07065870508
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
Good day everyone, am glad to know about this thread... Please i dont know anything about cars. Is it possible to get a car which is automatic, has good engine and all for 300k plus even though it is one door..
Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 3:25pm On Oct 16, 2018
ThatIgalaChic:
Good day everyone, am glad to know about this thread... Please i dont know anything about cars. Is it possible to get a car which is automatic, has good engine and all for 300k plus even though it is one door..
Thanks

I won't advice a first timer or newbie to get a car at such price except you have a relative as a mechanic who can give you FOC labour.

Also you must have a little DIY experience and be able to take the bull by the horn to enjoy such vehicle.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kuntos: 3:54pm On Oct 16, 2018
I have a rugged honda crv 2002 model that i have not serviced since september last year. I still drive it everyday without any issue. Can i be worried?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2018
nurey:

I won't advice a first timer or newbie to get a car at such price except you have a relative as a mechanic who can give you FOC labour.

Also you must have a little DIY experience and be able to take the bull by the horn to enjoy such vehicle.

Thanks for the advice, but which vehicle can I get with atmost 500k
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by CityNGR: 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2018
ThatIgalaChic:

Thanks for the advice, but which vehicle can I get with atmost 500k
A lot 1995-2000 c class Nigeria used.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.