Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

7 Reasons Why I Am Still Single - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons Why I Am Still Single (807 Views)

Do You Know Why You're Still Single? (Photo) / 7 Reasons Why Your Long Time Boyfriend Will Never Marry You / Beautiful But Still Single... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why I Am Still Single by xknowhow(m): 9:06am On Jul 12, 2013
It’s true that almost everyone wants to be engaged, but do you know why some people are still single or never engaged? Research shows that many people stay single not because they’re not getting potential partners but based on how they go about living their lives and the manner in which they interact with others, which gave birth to the concept of why am I single? .

Whenever I see someone complaining of this, it doesn’t take that long before I start spotting out where they went wrong. But for the fact that someone misses tract in the past doesn’t guarantee the fact that, that error can’t be corrected today or in the future, right? This article isn’t talking about past errors but in case you might want to read something of the sort, jump to this article: I have lost hope in life

In this article, I’d explain how some of the things we do deem our chances of engaging or finding a life partner and also, how certain circumstances force others to remain under the spell of singlehood.

Why am I single till now?

As I said earlier, there’re many reasons behind this but in this article, I’m going to explain just the seven major ones for the sake of time which touch almost all singles:

1 You’re still single because of difficult criteria: In one of my articles, 'Why do we fall in love?', I said that we fall in love with people who match our love criteria. These criteria are certain requirements that make us perceive someone as a potential match. So, you might be single because your love criteria maybe somehow difficult for other people to match them.
2You’re not depended: In my article, 'Why some people never recover from breakups', I said that one of the reasons people find it difficult after breakup is because they depended on their partners or the relationships to feel good. If you’re not depended on anyone for material possession, financial assistance, you’re not lacking company, you’re self-satisfied etc, you’d tend to see very less reasons involving in a relationship. You’d rarely or hardly fall in love with someone not appealing to your taste.
3 You’re single because you’re visiting just the wrong places: In the book 'How to make someone fall in love with you,' it explained how knowing who you are, what you want, and the kind of person you intent to attract in life would certainly let you know where such people usually are. This therefore means that you might be single because you’re probably going just the wrong places and meeting just the wrong set of people.
4 You’re still single because you know what you want: Another factor that could be hindering you is because you know what you want and the caliber of person. For this reason, you may not want to settle for someone less than what you want.
5 You’re difficult to impressed: People tend to perceive others as being difficult when they see no way in praising or igniting laugher in them. If this is your case, since people would it difficult tying a strong bond with you, they’d tend to scare away. They may show some concern and without getting any positive respond, they might tend to conclude what they’ve been thinking.
6 You’re still single because you’re confident: This happens when you’re too sure of yourself. You believe you can do other things now and later engage in a relationship anytime you wish.
7 You’re not socially interactive: When you decide not to involve in social activities like visiting friends, going new places, greeting others, you tend to blog your chances of meeting a potential partner. These are some of the ways people get to know others so as meeting potential partners.

Finally say on why you’re still single

These are the major weaknesses of almost every single. If you manage to interrogate someone suffering from this issue, you’d equally discover some of these points as his major weaknesses.

So, in order to get out of the shell of single hood, you have to use these points to correct wherever you went wrong. By doing the reverse of the above stated point, you indirectly open the gateway for potential partners.
MORE TOPICS HERE http://www.xknowhow.com/signs_and_falling_in_love.html
Re: 7 Reasons Why I Am Still Single by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:01am On Jul 12, 2013
I am single cos i still dey hustle. I no get time for 'honey, where are u?' Abi 'who are u talking to?'

At least, not yet

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Am Still Single by Lovetinz(m): 11:05am On Jul 12, 2013
Im still single not because I know what I want,
but because I know what I don't want.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Guys Feel About Niyola's "Toh Bad Video" / Ladies Will You Allow Your Husband To Check Under You On Wedding Day Reception / Between A Wife And A Mistress ... Why You Should Be Both

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.