Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Was I Wrong? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was I Wrong? (6615 Views)

Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Wrong? by bukatyne(f): 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
I will keep stressing that no woman who decides to stay in a chaotic marriage without improvement should never open her mouth to say that shd is staying for the kids.

All the posters who endorse beating and see extra martial affairs as normal were those who saw such exhibited in his or her family. Nobody brought up in a normal loving environment will believe such is normal.

What is even amazing is that most of them will claim to be religious and will call down fire in the mosques and churches. I wonder if they have never read passages condemning such acts. I am sure passages on repentance and submission will catch their eye more.

I wonder why people still feel that parents of old are better with the immoral people they trained.

It's well
Re: Was I Wrong? by zhukafa(m): 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
honey86:
And in the process if she contracts HIV its also ok?. Most women with the virus contract it from their cheating husbands. Atleast I know a family friend who contracted it from his numerous girlfriends and passed it to his wife. Guess what, this man died, then 2 years later the woman died and left 3 kids to suffer. If she had left when she had the chance, wouldnt she be alive today?.

Point to Ponder: she says she saw condom. Also, that's why am emphasizing on her building the home on Christ. Remember, wife is the owner of the house, but husband is the owner if the home.

Thanks.
Re: Was I Wrong? by zhukafa(m): 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
dayokanu:

She told you like the OP that its in your own interest she uses condom and its the safest thing she can do for now.

Thanks.

Ya, it hurts. Everybody has his or her way of handling issues, I believe she didn't say it in an aggressive way.

Because if done in a quiet manner, then stories have to be told and I place a listening ear.

Thanks
Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
zhukafa:

Point to Ponder: she says she saw condom. Also, that's why am emphasizing on her building the home on Christ. Remember, wife is the owner of the house, but husband is the owner if the home.

Thanks.

Condom is not100% reliable. Also there are other things that can be contracted, such as hepatitis B through saliva and Hpv, just by rubbing the groins. Hpv leads to cervical cancer in women. So who now us on the losing end?, getting punished for a sin they did not commit.
You say she should buikd her home on Christ, what about the husband. Is he not supposed to be the spiritual head of the home as well?.
Re: Was I Wrong? by baby124: 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
[size=18pt]Man arrested with N106m fake condoms, drugs[/size]
May 10, 2013 by Eniola Akinkuotu

Osefoh

Osefoh
| credits: File copy

The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control has arrested a trader, Olisaemeka Osefoh, for importation of counterfeit medicines into Nigeria.

The suspect was also arrested with fake Rough Rider condoms.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the estimated street value of the goods was N106, 210, 000.

Some of the drugs seized include, Mycoten cream, Neurogesic ointment and Skineal cream.

In his statement, the suspect said he was in partnership with a cartel based in China, where the products were sourced, before being shipped to Nigeria.

The Director General of the agency, Dr. Paul Orhii, while parading the suspect, said Osefoh was arrested after a tip off.

He said the suspect had also given investigators information on how the goods were illegally cleared through Tincan Island Port, Lagos.

He said, “Operatives of NAFDAC’s Investigation and Enforcement Directorate raided a warehouse located at Progressive Traders Market known for the sales of jewellery and cosmetic products.

“During the raid at Trade Fair Complex, Badagry Expressway, Lagos, 158 cartons of Skineal cream, 43 cartons of Funbact- A Cream, 719 cartons of Mycoten Cream, 131 cartons of Neurogesic ointment, [size=18pt]56 cartons of Rough Rider Condoms[/size], 20 cartons of Iman Luxury Powder and 205 cartons of Heal Balm were impounded.”
http://www.punchng.com/metro/man-arrested-with-n106m-fake-condoms-drugs/

People need to be more cautious and faithful. May you not jam this guy's product with the wrong person. They only caught one person, meaning others may have gotten through, who knows.
Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
zhukafa:

Ya, it hurts. Everybody has his or her way of handling issues, I believe she didn't say it in an aggressive way.

Because if done in a quiet manner, then stories have to be told and I place a listening ear.

Thanks

Trust me, no man would take that kind of talk from their wife, except you are not been truthful to yourself.
Re: Was I Wrong? by armyofone(m): 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
OP didn't say she has children for the cheater and beater husband. We will assume no kids yet all the reason why she should scamper now.
I so much hate battering marriages. Carry belt dey flog your wife, hehehe, dem neva born that man reach.
Re: Was I Wrong? by zhukafa(m): 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
honey86:
Condom is not100% reliable. Also there are other things that can be contracted, such as hepatitis B through saliva and Hpv, just by rubbing the groins. Hpv leads to cervical cancer in women. So who now us on the losing end?, getting punished for a sin they did not commit.
You say she should buikd her home on Christ, what about the husband. Is he not supposed to be the spiritual head of the home as well?.

I repeat two wrongs can't make any right. Since the man is weak in prayers, the woman has to be covering the family in prayers.

Thanks
Re: Was I Wrong? by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
armyofone: OP didn't say she has children for the cheater and beater husband. We will assume no kids yet all the reason why she should scamper now.
I so much hate battering marriages. Carry belt dey flog your wife, hehehe, dem neva born that man reach.

You wan talk say you no like domination and b-D--s-M
Re: Was I Wrong? by zhukafa(m): 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123:
http://www.punchng.com/metro/man-arrested-with-n106m-fake-condoms-drugs/

People need to be more cautious and faithful. May you not jam this guy's product with the wrong person. They only caught one person, meaning others may have gotten through, who knows.

Point of correction, Am not saying what the man did was right, no no no, just that the woman should plead to God to redirect her husbands mindset, because God is the initiator of marriages.

Thanks
Re: Was I Wrong? by zhukafa(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
honey86:
Trust me, no man would take that kind of talk from their wife, except you are not been truthful to yourself.

My dear, am not telling you so that we would believe me, am only telling you what I believe I would do , with the Help from God.

Thanks.
Re: Was I Wrong? by baby124: 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
zhukafa:

Point of correction, Am not saying what the man did was right, no no no, just that the woman should plead to God to redirect her husbands mindset, because God is the initiator of marriages.

Thanks

Yea, you kind of implied that at least he was using condom. I am just pointing out to everyone. Male or female that they are now importing fake condoms. So even that excuse is no more good enough. Has nothing to do with your other points. You are entitled to your opinion and advice. wink
Re: Was I Wrong? by armyofone(m): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
bad boy as always grin.
No thanks, I don't like being hurt.
dayokanu:

You wan talk say you no like domination and b-D--s-M
Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2013
bukatyne: I will keep stressing that no woman who decides to stay in a chaotic marriage without improvement should never open her mouth to say that shd is staying for the kids.

All the posters who endorse beating and see extra martial affairs as normal were those who saw such exhibited in his or her family. Nobody brought up in a normal loving environment will believe such is normal.

What is even amazing is that most of them will claim to be religious and will call down fire in the mosques and churches. I wonder if they have never read passages condemning such acts. I am sure passages on repentance and submission will catch their eye more.

I wonder why people still feel that parents of old are better with the immoral people they trained.

It's well

100 likes

Especially for the part where you say that "All the posters who endorse beating and see extra martial affairs as normal were those who saw such exhibited in his or her family. Nobody brought up in a normal loving environment will believe such is normal."

100 likes
Re: Was I Wrong? by zhukafa(m): 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123:

Yea, you kind of implied that at least he was using condom. I am just pointing out to everyone. Male or female that they are now importing fake condoms. So even that excuse is no more good enough. Has nothing to do with your other points. You are entitled to your opinion and advice. wink

For the fake condoms, that would be another topic, I don't want to deviate this thread. I will tell you that they aren't fake. It's just that it wasn't approved by NAFDAC , that doesn't mean it's fake.

Thanks.
Re: Was I Wrong? by baby124: 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2013
carefreewannabe:

100 likes

Especially for the part where you say that "All the posters who endorse beating and see extra martial affairs as normal were those who saw such exhibited in his or her family. Nobody brought up in a normal loving environment will believe such is normal."

100 likes

A lot of couples though experience a lot of fights within the first few years of marriage. Because you have to adjust. The thing is, two people coming from totally different backgrounds with different orientations. That doesnt make it right. But it does happen. Even the well raised can fall prey to hitting their spouse. However, the level of abuse and violence already witnessed is a bit disturbing.
Re: Was I Wrong? by baby124: 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
zhukafa:

For the fake condoms, that would be another topic, I don't want to deviate this thread. I will tell you that they aren't fake. It's just that it wasn't approved by NAFDAC , that doesn't mean it's fake.

Thanks.

The suspect was also arrested with fake Rough Rider condoms.

In his statement, the suspect said he was in partnership with a cartel based in China, where the products were sourced, before being shipped to Nigeria.
Ok. you are refusing to believe what is right in front of you. ok o. Zhukafa, if this is your MO, change o. Fake condoms yapa cheesy
Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
zhukafa:

Point of correction, not just a man rather "The MAN" . He is the head of the family, so you accord him that respect.

I still repeat myself, what the woman needs is prayers. She should tighten up her prayer buckles , nothing is impossible for God to do. God is the initiator of marriages , so she needs to ask God for strength .

Thanks.

A cheating man is no head to any family,a responsible man is!!!!He should even be relieved of his duties as anyone's husband.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123:

A lot of couples though experience a lot of fights within the first few years of marriage. Because you have to adjust. The thing is, two people coming from totally different backgrounds with different orientations. That doesnt make it right. But it does happen. Even the well raised can fall prey to hitting their spouse. However, the level of abuse and violence already witnessed is a bit disturbing.

I don't agree. Not a bit. If you are not compatible, don't marry each other. Sure, no couple is 100 % compatible but if it needs any form of violence to adjust, then you are not even 50 % compatible and I pity your children.
I have seen couples who were fighting each other for decades, so how much time do you give a couple to fight each other until peace can reign?
Re: Was I Wrong? by zhukafa(m): 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123:

Ok. you are refusing to believe what is right in front of you. ok o.

Please let's don't derail the thread, have just told you the fact about it. It's just that NAFDAC needed it passed through them ( much money) , that's why it's fake.
Re: Was I Wrong? by baby124: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
carefreewannabe:

I don't agree. Not a bit. If you are not compatible, don't marry each other. Sure, no couple is 100 % compatible but if it needs any form of violence to adjust, then you are not even 50 % compatible and I pity your children.
I have seen couples who were fighting each other for decades, so how much time do you give a couple to fight each other until peace can reign?

ok then. You dont have to agree. But its a fact. Some learn to live together and respect each other. Other's dont. Not everything is smooth sailing. But the assertion that everyone that indulges in domestic violence is from an abusive home is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong? by zhukafa(m): 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
byvan:

A cheating man is no head to any family,a responsible man is!!!!He should even been relieved of his duties as anyone's husband.

No man or woman who does not have his or her own side of irresponsibility. It depends on how you show it up.

Thanks.
Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123:

ok then. You dont have to agree. But its a fact. Some learn to live together and respect each other. Other's dont. Not everything is smooth sailing. But the assertion that everyone that indulges in domestic violence is from an abusive home is wrong.

correction: Everyone who considers it normal IS
Re: Was I Wrong? by baby124: 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
zhukafa:

Please let's don't derail the thread, have just told you the fact about it. It's just that NAFDAC needed it passed through them ( much money) , that's why it's fake.

Why are you trying to force your own facts when you have been shown otherwise? What do you have to prove to anyone? Nafdac said it is fake, it is. If it was illegally smuggled, they would have said so. They wouldnt have put fake in it, because either way they guy will be in trouble for smuggling. You are being emotional about it, i wonder why. FYI, no one has to go by what you say. You denying the validity of NAFDAC without proof is disturbing. It is true, please dont push other men and women into trouble by dispelling the obvious. You can believe what you want. But you talking like you know for a fact is dangerous.
Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
You just made it clear you are irresponsible, so no need haggling further.
Re: Was I Wrong? by zhukafa(m): 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123:

Why are you trying to force your own facts when you have been shown otherwise? What do you have to prove to anyone? Nafdac said it is fake, it is. If it was illegally smuggled, they would have said so. They wouldnt have put fake in it, because either way they guy will be in trouble for smuggling. You are being emotional about it, i wonder why. FYI, no one has to go by what you say. You denying the validity of NAFDAC without proof is disturbing. It is true, please dont push other men and women into trouble by dispelling the obvious. You can believe what you want. But you talking like you know for a fact is dangerous.

Am done with the NAFDAC stuff.

Thanks.
Re: Was I Wrong? by baby124: 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
Here is me, just posting my own and you are getting emotional about it. Please ignore me, and let me educate others on what is out there.

If you have ever lived in Nigeria, you know there is a fake of almost everything. So people, there are now fake condoms in the market. Please practice fidelity to your spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend. Life is for those that want to live it o. if still dating and your guy is cheating, please run away. May you not enter one chance.
Re: Was I Wrong? by zhukafa(m): 8:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123: Here is me, just posting my own and you are getting emotional about it. Please ignore me, and let me educate others on what is out there.

If you have ever lived in Nigeria, you know there is a fake of almost everything. So people, there are now fake condoms in the market. Please practice fidelity to your spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend. Life is for those that want to live it o. if still dating and your guy is cheating, please run away. May you not enter one chance.

Am not, just not to derail the thread if its fake or not.

Thanks.
Re: Was I Wrong? by baby124: 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123: Here is me, just posting my own and you are getting emotional about it. Please ignore me, and let me educate others on what is out there.

Re: Was I Wrong? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
@ baby 123, you are right. Nafdac always say whether it is fake or smuggled. Besides, these days that I can go to aliexpress and buy fake carter bag, that we have 250 naira black opal and marykay powder, its not suprising that they now produce substandard condoms with fake labelling.
Re: Was I Wrong? by baby124: 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
honey86: @ baby 123, you are right. Nafdac always say whether it is fake or smuggled. Besides, these days that I can go to aliexpress and buy fake carter bag, that we have 250 naira black opal and marykay powder, its not suprising that they now produce substandard condoms with fake labelling.

A country where you can find fake drugs for really sick people. Condom is a small matter. The fake condoms are very relevant to this topic. Infidelity is no joke. You are playing with your life. If you want to kill yourself, do. But let someone else make the decision if they want to die with you. If you are hell bent on cheating, don't touch your spouse till you have retired and medical tests show you are clean after 6months -1yr. Otherwise stay faithful. Shikena.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong? by coogar: 9:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
peggykorol: Ok I don't even know where to start.last nite when I was about putting on my gen set it didn't come on.so I noticed their was a problem.I called my hubby by 6pm cos he was hanging out with his friends.I told him to come assist us since we were in darkness(was I wrong)he said ok but didn't return till 11pm.and when he returned he fixed it but I was already asleep and very upset with him because where he was wasn't far from the house.this morning I saw a condomn in hiS jean pocket he wore out last night.I asked him abt it and he said it has been in his car.I have been d one using d car since he wasn't in Nigeria for a short time and am very sure their was no condom in d car.we started arguing and he said I was interrogating him.he said going out with a condom is ths safest thing he can do for himself and then I said that means its ok for your wife to move out with it too abi.he got upset and started hitting me,flogging me with his belt and his shoe.now my point is since we got married this is the 4th time he has slapped me and the first he is beating me like this.he beat me up like a child even locking our room door .finally he hit my head on the stabilizer in our room.where did I go wrong.how can a man who claims he loves me so much beat me up such way.he said I talk to him like he is my houseboy.I don't see myself forgiving him and don't see myself having any intimacy with him either.the feelings I have for him keeps reducing.I really don't know what to do

yes, you were wrong!
it's obtuse to accuse your partner of infidelity just because you found a packet of condoms in his pocket. which village did you come from? odi village......

your husband overreacted but then who knows the degree of verbal abuse you dished out before you got battered. women cannot continue to abuse their partners verbally and expect a bed of roses.

apologise to your hubby and stop whinging!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

In Need Of A Househelp Agency(or House Help) / How Much Does Your Husband Earn? / Hilarious Whatsapp Chat Between A Lady And Her Married Lover.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.